The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Other Sports Discussion > MLB
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 07-30-2006, 09:43 PM   #926
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata

I seen him!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John
I imagine Rocket is a little disturbed right about now...
Same story as last year.

But hey, no one made him go back to Houston. It's not like he didn't have other options.
Clockwork Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 10:28 PM   #927
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Look for a big day tommorow from the dodgers as far as trades go. I just hope we do not end up trading the farm BUT according to some rumors Ned Coletti the Dodgers GM is willing to do that. So from what im hearing the Dodgers are in the running for Maddux, Tejada, Soriano. Would not be suprised to see two of those in a dodgers uni on tuesday. I know some of the trade proposals and im just holding my breath here. I swear if Matt Kemp gets dealt then im going on a rant tommorow...
24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 12:07 PM   #928
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata

I seen him!

Tigers get Sean Casey from the Pirates for minor league pitcher Brian Rogers
Old 07-31-2006, 12:16 PM   #929
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

Shannon Says: Listen to The Junkman

Great trade.....Casey will fit right in the clubhouse and the Tigers get another left handed bat. They demoted Shelton, but he needs to go down to the minors and work on some things. He has been pressing.

Rogers was a decent mid-level prospect, but nothing significant.
SouthStndJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 12:18 PM   #930
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata

I seen him!

Mets trade Xavier Nady to Pirates for Oliver Perez and Roberto Hernandez
Old 07-31-2006, 01:29 PM   #931
WABronco
WE SUCK AGAIN

All dat force

Wow...Dodgers were active today!

They acquire both Greg Maddux and Julio Lugo (). They send Cesar Izturis to the Cubs and uber-prospect Joel Guzman (although he's fallen off recently) to the Rays.
WABronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 01:31 PM   #932
WABronco
WE SUCK AGAIN

All dat force

Dave Littlefield got bent over today. He's selling LOW on Perez and he gave up Craig Wilson for perenial scrub Shawn Shacon.
Old 07-31-2006, 01:53 PM   #933
WABronco
WE SUCK AGAIN

All dat force

Colorado traded Shealy and RHRP Scott Dohmann to the Royals for LHP Jeremy Affeldt and RHP Denny Bautista.

Not a bad haul...not bad at all. Affeldt has always had a high potential arm, and Bautista is a straight up fireballer. Hey, look at it this way, you probably won't have to deal with Ray King or Tom Martin for much longer.
Old 07-31-2006, 02:02 PM   #934
Jori
US Olympian

I for one am glad that D"OH"mann is gone, though I wish they could have dumped King.
Jori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 02:22 PM   #935
Hogan11
Rock-N-Roll Historian

Let's take these SOB's out!!!!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Floyd Little

Pirates fan chiming in here...this is about the only move today by them I'm really happy with thus far. Oliver was a ephemeral pitcher for the Buccos....his velocity keeps declining, hopefully the Mets can do something with him. Hernandez will be solid for them in mid-relief/set-up.

I like this Nady...he's got some pop I understand...I know there are Met fans on here, tell me what my team got today.
Hogan11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 02:24 PM   #936
Hogan11
Rock-N-Roll Historian

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Floyd Little

Quote:
Originally Posted by WABronco
Colorado traded Shealy and RHRP Scott Dohmann to the Royals for LHP Jeremy Affeldt and RHP Denny Bautista.

Not a bad haul...not bad at all. Affeldt has always had a high potential arm, and Bautista is a straight up fireballer. Hey, look at it this way, you probably won't have to deal with Ray King or Tom Martin for much longer.
Pirates were after Shealy hot and heavy...I was hoping he would be heading to PBurgh....alas, not to be
Old 07-31-2006, 02:25 PM   #937
Hogan11
Rock-N-Roll Historian

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Floyd Little

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthStndJunkie
Rogers was a decent mid-level prospect, but nothing significant.
Littlefield strikes again.....
Old 07-31-2006, 02:38 PM   #938
WABronco
WE SUCK AGAIN

All dat force

Interesting...

Padres | Perez returning to team
Mon, 31 Jul 2006 13:27:52 -0700
ESPNews reports the <A href="http://www.kffl.com/team/64/mlb">San Diego Padres acquired SP Oliver Perez from the New York Mets for RP Scott Linebrink.

Mets | Linebrink acquired
Mon, 31 Jul 2006 13:27:37 -0700
ESPNews reports the <A href="http://www.kffl.com/team/59/mlb">New York Mets acquired RP Scott Linebrink from the San Diego Padres for SP Oliver Perez.

-----------------------------------

I guess it's a gamble worth taking. Linebrink was burning a hole in SD's pockets, and Perez was a nice arm for a while.
Old 07-31-2006, 02:50 PM   #939
Hogan11
Rock-N-Roll Historian

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Floyd Little

Believe me, in the world of Oliver Perez...2004 was a lifetime ago.
Old 07-31-2006, 04:34 PM   #940
Pendejo
The off-season.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
"The Greek"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogan11
Pirates fan chiming in here...this is about the only move today by them I'm really happy with thus far. Oliver was a ephemeral pitcher for the Buccos....his velocity keeps declining, hopefully the Mets can do something with him. Hernandez will be solid for them in mid-relief/set-up.

I like this Nady...he's got some pop I understand...I know there are Met fans on here, tell me what my team got today.
As a Madres fan I've always liked Nady. He does have some power...he didn't get the AB's he needed to develop in SD. He's played his home games in two pitcher's parks (PetCo, and Shea) so moving into Pitt should help his power numbers. He's clearly not an upper echelon talent, but I don't think he's reached his potential yet.

When I heard that the Madres dealt Linebrink to bring Ollie Perez back home...I initially thought...what the f***? But in recent trades the Madres have done well for themselves. I think I read somewhere that Kevin Towers always thought that Perez would be a relief guy...so I think we'll see him in the bully. Perhaps they'll give him a shot in the rotation...a scrapper like Clay Hensley gives them that leeway...and I guess the job that Cla Meredith has done this year made Linebrink somewhat expendable.
Pendejo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 05:31 PM   #941
Pendejo
The off-season.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
"The Greek"

I think the Linebrink/Perez deal is bunk. I did hear them announce it this afternoon on espn news, but according to every other site the Madres still have Linebrink.

From Sportsline.com

And the San Diego Padres got through the non-waiver trade deadline Monday without parting with any relievers -- specifically setup man Scott Linebrink -- which general manager Kevin Towers thinks could help the Padres repeat as NL West champions.

No mention of a Linebrink/Perez deal on madres.com either.
Pendejo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 05:33 PM   #942
WABronco
WE SUCK AGAIN

All dat force

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendejo
I think the Linebrink/Perez deal is bunk. I did hear them announce it this afternoon on espn news, but according to every other site the Madres still have Linebrink.

From Sportsline.com

And the San Diego Padres got through the non-waiver trade deadline Monday without parting with any relievers -- specifically setup man Scott Linebrink -- which general manager Kevin Towers thinks could help the Padres repeat as NL West champions.

No mention of a Linebrink/Perez deal on madres.com either.
Yea, that's what I'm reading as well.
Old 07-31-2006, 06:30 PM   #943
Gcver2ver3
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
not Lance Ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogan11
You got a decent player in Nady.....

You're right he does have surprising power......

If Nady can play a whole seaon he'll threaten for 30 homers although about 25 is more likely.....

He has an average arm and average range in the outfield....he's got avg speed around the base paths too...

What annoys me most about Nady is the same reason why he hits a decent amount of homeruns...he swings for the fences on every at bat regardless of the circumstance...he NEVER bats for a base hit...he's going for the big fly ball...all or nothing...leaves him prone to strikeouts...but he typically is a fly ball out..so if he doesn't change this he'll never bat over .280 for a complete season...

With that said...Nady is a pretty good ball player...solid in most areas with a nice homerun swing...
Gcver2ver3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 07:02 PM   #944
Bob's your Information Minister
Chiefs > Broncos

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CHRIS KUPER!!!

Twins 14

Rangers 0

Jesus.
Bob's your Information Minister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 07:04 PM   #945
WABronco
WE SUCK AGAIN

All dat force

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob's your Information Minister
Twins 14

Rangers 0

Jesus.
Welcome...to...last...place...ha...ha...ha...
Old 07-31-2006, 07:30 PM   #946
Crowpointer
Patriots Fan

Bill Belichick-Hingham's finest

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Brady
Default There is no better clutch player

He DID IT AGAIN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 3 run Walk off HR to win the game . Big PAPI !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Crowpointer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 07:31 PM   #947
JCMElway
Moderate-erator

Dominate!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Oleg

Wow.

Just wow.

David Ortiz is unbe-freaking-lievable. He just smashed ANOTHER walk-off homer. I might go so far as to say that he is to the Red Sox what John Elway was to Denver. He is the most clutch player I have seen in my lifetime in MLB.

Ortiz is very good in the first 7 innings, but when the pressure is on late in the game he is a GOD.
JCMElway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 07:32 PM   #948
elsid13
Lost In Space

Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowpointer
He DID IT AGAIN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 3 run Walk off HR to win the game . Big PAPI !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
MR MVP.

and Willie Mo is becoming a folk hero. To bad about about trot though
elsid13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 08:13 PM   #949
The Big E
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowpointer
I knew we'd see you here after that. I'm really glad that I turned the game on and caught Big Papi doing it again. Unbelieveable. He's a guy that only a Yankee fan could hate.
The Big E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 08:14 PM   #950
Hogan11
Rock-N-Roll Historian

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Floyd Little

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcver2ver3
You got a decent player in Nady.....

You're right he does have surprising power......

If Nady can play a whole seaon he'll threaten for 30 homers although about 25 is more likely.....

He has an average arm and average range in the outfield....he's got avg speed around the base paths too...

What annoys me most about Nady is the same reason why he hits a decent amount of homeruns...he swings for the fences on every at bat regardless of the circumstance...he NEVER bats for a base hit...he's going for the big fly ball...all or nothing...leaves him prone to strikeouts...but he typically is a fly ball out..so if he doesn't change this he'll never bat over .280 for a complete season...

With that said...Nady is a pretty good ball player...solid in most areas with a nice homerun swing...
It's come to my attention that Nady has a broken bone in his wrist...even though he has hit .295 with 2 homeruns and 6 rbi's in the past 10 games with it....it still takes some luster off from the one decent trade the Pirates had made all day.

Littlefield confirmed that he's the very worst GM in MLB today (if there was any doubt left about that, that is) He rarely, if ever, gets fair value. I don't know what he has on McCheaply that got him that job in the first place.....but he should be fired immediately.

The Pirates will never improve as long as that goof is the GM....never.