The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Other Sports Discussion > MLB
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-29-2006, 08:19 PM   #901
Pendejo
The off-season.
 
Pendejo's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 2,911

Adopt-a-Bronco:
"The Greek"
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Slap-
Gonzalez and Young for Eaton was highway robbery.

I think the Lee deal was a pretty good one for them, though. He's prone to second half fades, so we'll see what happens.
The Madres also gave up Akinori Otsuka, and received T. Sledge in return...but you're right it was a robbery. The same thing can be said of the Chan Ho Park / Whining Nevin deal last summer. Sure it was a salary swap, but Chan Ho has produced and leads major league pitchers in batting average...whilst Nevin got bounced from that band box in Texas. It's a wonder that that prima donna doesn't pull his vagina every time he ties his shoes.

Thank the baseball gods that Klesko was so hurt this year...otherwise Adrian Gonzalez wouldn't have had a chance to have the year he's having now. Thankfully KT has already said that Adrian is the man at first...and he said that a month or so ago...taking the decision out of Bruce Bochy's hands.

Actually I think I should shut up about any trades the Madres make. I was pissed about the Nady/Cameron trade...I've seen Cameron play in person at Petco a few times this season...and he's awesome. Bronco LB 52 and I both lamented the mirabelli for loretta trade...but when you take in to account what Barfield has done in his rookie year, and the salary they cut and the fact that they got the surprising Josh Bard...cash...and a couple of minor league arms in return...it's not so bad.

Although I'll still be pissed if they don't make a deal to put them over the hump by the deadline. The Madres clearly have the best team in the NL West...or at least the best front office. I want results. Sure this was supposed to be a rebuilding year...but the boys are playing their asses off and are in control of the division. Now is the time to win. DO IT NOW!!!!
Pendejo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 08:54 PM   #902
-Slap-
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 31,806
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendejo
The Madres also gave up Akinori Otsuka, and received T. Sledge in return...but you're right it was a robbery. The same thing can be said of the Chan Ho Park / Whining Nevin deal last summer. Sure it was a salary swap, but Chan Ho has produced and leads major league pitchers in batting average...whilst Nevin got bounced from that band box in Texas. It's a wonder that that prima donna doesn't pull his vagina every time he ties his shoes.

Thank the baseball gods that Klesko was so hurt this year...otherwise Adrian Gonzalez wouldn't have had a chance to have the year he's having now. Thankfully KT has already said that Adrian is the man at first...and he said that a month or so ago...taking the decision out of Bruce Bochy's hands.

Actually I think I should shut up about any trades the Madres make. I was pissed about the Nady/Cameron trade...I've seen Cameron play in person at Petco a few times this season...and he's awesome. Bronco LB 52 and I both lamented the mirabelli for loretta trade...but when you take in to account what Barfield has done in his rookie year, and the salary they cut and the fact that they got the surprising Josh Bard...cash...and a couple of minor league arms in return...it's not so bad.

Although I'll still be pissed if they don't make a deal to put them over the hump by the deadline. The Madres clearly have the best team in the NL West...or at least the best front office. I want results. Sure this was supposed to be a rebuilding year...but the boys are playing their asses off and are in control of the division. Now is the time to win. DO IT NOW!!!!
Great post. Agree completely about Nevin. Injury prone crybaby bastard. Getting nothing for him would have been addition by subtraction.

I've always loved to watch Mike Cameron play. One of the three best defensive centerfielders in the game. If he hit for a slightly better average, he would be a perennial All-Star.
-Slap- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 10:48 PM   #903
Rocket 7
Formerly known as Dipso
 
Rocket 7's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Las Cruces, NM
Posts: 4,714

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Paul Smith 70
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthStndJunkie
The Tigers punk the Twins again tonight to hit win #70 (70-33) on the year.

The next closest teams have 62 wins.
Is the bandwagon full yet?
Rocket 7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 10:54 PM   #904
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer
 
SouthStndJunkie's Avatar
 
Shannon Says: Listen to The Junkman

Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 16,125
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dipso
Is the bandwagon full yet?
It is getting harder to get tickets for the games, which is ok by me. Nice to have the ballpark alive and full of energy.

The Tigers are back on the front page of the sports section where they belong.
SouthStndJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 11:11 AM   #905
WABronco
WE SUCK AGAIN
 
WABronco's Avatar
 
All dat force

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Denver
Posts: 5,032
Default

Looks like the Yanks have acquired Abreu and Lidle.
WABronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 01:28 PM   #906
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer
 
SouthStndJunkie's Avatar
 
Shannon Says: Listen to The Junkman

Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 16,125
Default

You have to be kidding me.

The Rocket goes 7 innings 2 hits, 1 R (unearned) 0 walks and 9 Ks.

They pull him after 7 with a 5-1 lead and Qualls gives up 4 in the 8th.

Clemens pitch count was only at 90. Let him do his job.
SouthStndJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 01:30 PM   #907
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer
 
SouthStndJunkie's Avatar
 
Shannon Says: Listen to The Junkman

Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 16,125
Default

That poor bastard has an ERA of 2.09.....but is 2-4.
SouthStndJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 01:34 PM   #908
-Slap-
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 31,806
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WABronco
Looks like the Yanks have acquired Abreu and Lidle.
And they're going to pick up all of Abreu's monstrous contract. Are they over $300 million in payroll yet?
-Slap- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 01:36 PM   #909
-Slap-
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 31,806
Default

The Twins still seem like the scariest team to meet in the playoffs. When they can potentially roll Santana/Liriano out there five times in a seven game series, you know you're going to have your work cut out for you.
-Slap- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 01:40 PM   #910
WABronco
WE SUCK AGAIN
 
WABronco's Avatar
 
All dat force

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Denver
Posts: 5,032
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Slap-
And they're going to pick up all of Abreu's monstrous contract. Are they over $300 million in payroll yet?
I'm guessing that was the deal breaker, because the Yanks gave up zero.
WABronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 01:43 PM   #911
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer
 
SouthStndJunkie's Avatar
 
Shannon Says: Listen to The Junkman

Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 16,125
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Slap-
The Twins still seem like the scariest team to meet in the playoffs. When they can potentially roll Santana/Liriano out there five times in a seven game series, you know you're going to have your work cut out for you.
The Tigers are close to sweeping them right now. Up 3-0 in the 8th at the moment in Game 3 of the series.....in which they will have defeated both Santana/Liriano. Bonderman pitching a gem of a game.....still an inning and a half to go though.
SouthStndJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 01:44 PM   #912
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer
 
SouthStndJunkie's Avatar
 
Shannon Says: Listen to The Junkman

Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 16,125
Default

Damnit.....I cursed them.

3-1 now.
SouthStndJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 01:49 PM   #913
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer
 
SouthStndJunkie's Avatar
 
Shannon Says: Listen to The Junkman

Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 16,125
Default

Tigers falling apart in the bottom of the 8th,

They may have to settle for taking the series and not the sweep.
SouthStndJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 01:53 PM   #914
-Slap-
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 31,806
Default

This inning is frigging unreal. An error, scratch hits, a Bucknerlike play at first base, a base loaded balk by a veteran pitcher. And there's still nobody out!
-Slap- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 02:05 PM   #915
Gcver2ver3
Ring of Famer
 
Gcver2ver3's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Tampa Bay, FL
Posts: 6,576

Adopt-a-Bronco:
not Lance Ball
Default

Carlos Beltran is on a tear....

3 grand slams in the month of july (ties ML record)

2 more homeruns today....he leads the NL in RBI now....has 32 dingers
Gcver2ver3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 02:19 PM   #916
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer
 
SouthStndJunkie's Avatar
 
Shannon Says: Listen to The Junkman

Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 16,125
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Slap-
This inning is frigging unreal. An error, scratch hits, a Bucknerlike play at first base, a base loaded balk by a veteran pitcher. And there's still nobody out!
Ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Tigers lose 6-4.
SouthStndJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 02:25 PM   #917
Breck Bronc
Roland Deschain
 
Breck Bronc's Avatar
 
The Gunslinger

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 4,049
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthStndJunkie
That poor bastard has an ERA of 2.09.....but is 2-4.
Just another example of why wins and losses for pitchers are one of the most overrated stats in all of sports.
Breck Bronc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 04:39 PM   #918
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata
 
Clockwork Orange's Avatar
 
I seen him!

Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 21,352
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breck Bronc
Just another example of why wins and losses for pitchers are one of the most overrated stats in all of sports.
No joke. Jason Jennings got his first win today since June 14th. Between then and now, his ERA has been just over 2, yet he went nearly 1 1/2 months between wins.
Clockwork Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 04:45 PM   #919
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata
 
Clockwork Orange's Avatar
 
I seen him!

Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 21,352
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Slap-
The Twins still seem like the scariest team to meet in the playoffs. When they can potentially roll Santana/Liriano out there five times in a seven game series, you know you're going to have your work cut out for you.
Absolutely. I just heard that they're one of the teams interested in Soriano. If they could add his bat, look out.
Clockwork Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 05:03 PM   #920
Pendejo
The off-season.
 
Pendejo's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 2,911

Adopt-a-Bronco:
"The Greek"
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clockwork Orange
No joke. Jason Jennings got his first win today since June 14th. Between then and now, his ERA has been just over 2, yet he went nearly 1 1/2 months between wins.
The Rockies seem to pretty much own the Madres. Especially Jennings. When I looked at the pitching matchups for this series in the paper last week I knew that Jennings would win today. I was just hoping for a split.
Pendejo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 05:47 PM   #921
MechanicalBull
Interesting Times Ahead
 
MechanicalBull's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 2,797
Default

The Yanks need pitching not hitting. It's going to be pretty funny when Sheffield and Matsui comes back. They pretty much had an allstar at every position and now they are adding one that will be splitting playing time in the OF and DH.
MechanicalBull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 06:35 PM   #922
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata
 
Clockwork Orange's Avatar
 
I seen him!

Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 21,352
Default

The Rockies traded C Miguel Ojeda to Texas for cash. That's a Monforts deal if I ever saw one.
Clockwork Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 07:12 PM   #923
Jori
US Olympian
 
Jori's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 1,627
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clockwork Orange
The Rockies traded C Miguel Ojeda to Texas for cash. That's a Monforts deal if I ever saw one.
The blockbuster we have all been waiting for
Jori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 09:23 PM   #924
Taco John
24/7 Broncos
 
Taco John's Avatar
 
All Hail King Midas

Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 50,458

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning
Default

I hope putting on the pinstripes wakes up Abreu's bat...
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 09:28 PM   #925
Taco John
24/7 Broncos
 
Taco John's Avatar
 
All Hail King Midas

Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 50,458

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning
Default

Clemens had an amazingly dominant game tonight, and still can't get a win... Unbelievable. Seven innings pitched, he gives up only 2 hits, and knocks down 9 K's and then the bullpen gives up 4 runs in the 8th and 2 runs in the 9th to blow a 5 to 1 lead.

I imagine Rocket is a little disturbed right about now...
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:32 AM.


Denver Broncos