The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Other Sports Discussion > MLB
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-26-2006, 03:29 PM   #876
Pendejo
The off-season.
 
Pendejo's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 2,911

Adopt-a-Bronco:
"The Greek"
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Rocket RC
Go for the sweep!

Beat LA! Beat LA!

Not only did they complete the sweep, but the Dahyers didn't even look like they belong on the field with the Madres.

Peavy went 7 strong innings...gave up two runs...and had four RBI of his own. Including a no doubter of a two run homer off of Penny.

Gonzalez went yard again as well.
Pendejo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 03:34 PM   #877
Hotwheelz
Perennial Pro-bowler
 
Hotwheelz's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 841
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendejo
Not only did they complete the sweep, but the Dahyers didn't even look like they belong on the field with the Madres.

Peavy went 7 strong innings...gave up two runs...and had four RBI of his own. Including a no doubter of a two run homer off of Penny.

Gonzalez went yard again as well.



24 where are you?

Is peavy back?
Hotwheelz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 03:37 PM   #878
24champ
Livin' the dream!
 
24champ's Avatar
 
Keep Calm and Chive on

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Southern California
Posts: 19,700

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Rocket RC



24 where are you?

Is peavy back?
yeah yeah yeah, we lost 12 in row. Good job Madres. Not a good week at all when Nomar goes down and we get swept by the Madres at home for the first time in 3 years.
24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 03:47 PM   #879
Pendejo
The off-season.
 
Pendejo's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 2,911

Adopt-a-Bronco:
"The Greek"
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Rocket RC



24 where are you?

Is peavy back?
It's hard to say. He's shown flashes all year...he's just been elevating the ball, and throwing too many pitches. He threw 120 something today.

There was an article in the Union Tribune last weak...in which Peavy was adamant that his shoulder is fine, but his delivery is not. So we'll see if he can get it turned around.

It'd be nice if the team can keep hitting too. At the beginning of the year the pundits thought the Madres would hit, but have problems with pitching. The opposite has been true for most of the season.
Pendejo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 04:08 PM   #880
Gcver2ver3
Ring of Famer
 
Gcver2ver3's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Tampa Bay, FL
Posts: 6,577

Adopt-a-Bronco:
not Lance Ball
Default

Mets finally get off the schnide...........

1-0 in 10 innings at home versus the cubs......

not exactly something to brag about....but we'll take it...
Gcver2ver3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 06:20 PM   #881
-Slap-
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 31,806
Default

I knew Peavy would pitch well today. After trying to singlehandedly destroy my pitching line all month, I finally sat him down this week.

I also released Mark Prior over the weekend and he pitched 5 2/3 innings of no-hit ball today. Of course, in typical Mark Prior fashion, he left the game nursing another minor injury.
-Slap- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 07:08 PM   #882
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer
 
SouthStndJunkie's Avatar
 
Shannon Says: Listen to The Junkman

Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 16,160
Default

Justin Verlander gets win #13 today with a solid effort.

6 2/3 innings 5 hits 1 ER 0 BB 8 Ks

ERA on the year now a paltry 2.69
SouthStndJunkie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 09:27 PM   #883
Pendejo
The off-season.
 
Pendejo's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 2,911

Adopt-a-Bronco:
"The Greek"
Default

Trevor Hoffman with his third blown save since the all star break. Dammit. If he does his job in those three games the Madres would really get some separation from the rest of the division.
Pendejo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 10:51 PM   #884
Gcver2ver3
Ring of Famer
 
Gcver2ver3's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Tampa Bay, FL
Posts: 6,577

Adopt-a-Bronco:
not Lance Ball
Default

Pedro with a rocky start....bounces back nicely retiring the last 12 batters he faced....



welcome back dog.....
Gcver2ver3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 11:14 PM   #885
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer
 
SouthStndJunkie's Avatar
 
Shannon Says: Listen to The Junkman

Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 16,160
Default

The Tigers beat the Twins 3-2 in 10 innings.

Liriano pitched a nice game for the Twins, but the Tigers did enough to get the win.

Big win for the Tigers against the red hot Twins.
SouthStndJunkie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 11:17 PM   #886
Gcver2ver3
Ring of Famer
 
Gcver2ver3's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Tampa Bay, FL
Posts: 6,577

Adopt-a-Bronco:
not Lance Ball
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthStndJunkie
The Tigers beat the Twins 3-2 in 10 innings.

Liriano pitched a nice game for the Twins, but the Tigers did enough to get the win.

Big win for the Tigers against the red hot Twins.


goodness....the tigers just won't lose......
Gcver2ver3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 11:37 PM   #887
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer
 
SouthStndJunkie's Avatar
 
Shannon Says: Listen to The Junkman

Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 16,160
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcver2ver3
goodness....the tigers just won't lose......
At the start of the season I was hoping to finish over .500. This season has been a blast no matter how it turns out. Baseball is alive and well in Detroit again.
SouthStndJunkie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 12:08 AM   #888
Taco John
24/7 Broncos
 
Taco John's Avatar
 
All Hail King Midas

Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 50,481

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Slap-
I knew Peavy would pitch well today. After trying to singlehandedly destroy my pitching line all month, I finally sat him down this week.

I know how you feel... I dropped Fatrolo Colon the night before he had a compete game SHO. All I could do was throw my head back and laugh at the guy who picked him up... and promptly released him three games later...
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 12:23 AM   #889
WABronco
WE SUCK AGAIN
 
WABronco's Avatar
 
All dat force

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Denver
Posts: 5,032
Default

Alfonso Soriano was removed from tonights Nats/Dodgers game in the 5th inning. It could be two things--a trade or the Nats protecting their asset.
WABronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 01:33 AM   #890
24champ
Livin' the dream!
 
24champ's Avatar
 
Keep Calm and Chive on

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Southern California
Posts: 19,700

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WABronco
Alfonso Soriano was removed from tonights Nats/Dodgers game in the 5th inning. It could be two things--a trade or the Nats protecting their asset.
game was over in the 5th inning anyway...

dodgers traded away relief pitcher Baez and Aybar for betemit? I can see trading Baez since he is worthless but not Aybar!
24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 01:42 AM   #891
WABronco
WE SUCK AGAIN
 
WABronco's Avatar
 
All dat force

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Denver
Posts: 5,032
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24champbailey
game was over in the 5th inning anyway...

dodgers traded away relief pitcher Baez and Aybar for betemit? I can see trading Baez since he is worthless but not Aybar!
I can't believe the Braves made that deal. Many thought that Betemit was a better player than Marcus "glass" Giles, and with the way both have played this year I'd tend to agree. The Braves are just in dire need of pitching. I'm guessing Aybar will fill Betemit's super-util role, so they didn't lose much there. Betemit's a pretty good player though. Baez friggin' sucks though. They must've been afraid of losing their IF depth guy, because Linebrink's a much better pitcher at this point in time.

Oh, and BTW, you should be happy. It was rumored that LA and Seattle were discussing a Beltre deal, with Aybar and cash coming to Seattle. Be happy...
WABronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 01:48 AM   #892
24champ
Livin' the dream!
 
24champ's Avatar
 
Keep Calm and Chive on

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Southern California
Posts: 19,700

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WABronco
I can't believe the Braves made that deal. Many thought that Betemit was a better player than Marcus "glass" Giles, and with the way both have played this year I'd tend to agree. The Braves are just in dire need of pitching. I'm guessing Aybar will fill Betemit's super-util role, so they didn't lose much there. Betemit's a pretty good player though. Baez friggin' sucks though. They must've been afraid of losing their IF depth guy, because Linebrink's a much better pitcher at this point in time.

Oh, and BTW, you should be happy. It was rumored that LA and Seattle were discussing a Beltre deal, with Aybar and cash coming to Seattle. Be happy...
I heard San Diego is interested in Beltre, didnt hear a peep about the dodgers interested, wierd...Yes Im glad the Dodgers did not pursue that route since clearly Beltre is overpaid. Im still bummed Aybar got traded because he is one of the best prospect's I have read about.
24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 01:58 AM   #893
WABronco
WE SUCK AGAIN
 
WABronco's Avatar
 
All dat force

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Denver
Posts: 5,032
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24champbailey
I heard San Diego is interested in Beltre, didnt hear a peep about the dodgers interested, wierd...Yes Im glad the Dodgers did not pursue that route since clearly Beltre is overpaid. Im still bummed Aybar got traded because he is one of the best prospect's I have read about.
Yea, trading prospects is a b****. The guy we just traded to Cleveland homered to score the only run in tonight's game...it's almost as if God himself reached down and b**** slapped us M's fans.
WABronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 02:03 AM   #894
24champ
Livin' the dream!
 
24champ's Avatar
 
Keep Calm and Chive on

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Southern California
Posts: 19,700

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WABronco
Yea, trading prospects is a b****. The guy we just traded to Cleveland homered to score the only run in tonight's game...it's almost as if God himself reached down and b**** slapped us M's fans.
yeah i dont like trading prospects unless it is for some proven star. Betemit is no star but he supposedly has a bright future. Got to read more about this guy but right now I would say the trade is even.
24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 06:34 AM   #895
Gcver2ver3
Ring of Famer
 
Gcver2ver3's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Tampa Bay, FL
Posts: 6,577

Adopt-a-Bronco:
not Lance Ball
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthStndJunkie
At the start of the season I was hoping to finish over .500. This season has been a blast no matter how it turns out. Baseball is alive and well in Detroit again.


nothing better than hoping for mediocre and getting a world series appearance!

and then of course losing to the mets....
Gcver2ver3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 01:58 PM   #896
Gcver2ver3
Ring of Famer
 
Gcver2ver3's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Tampa Bay, FL
Posts: 6,577

Adopt-a-Bronco:
not Lance Ball
Default

Carlos Beltran adding two more home runs on the season...

Mets win 11-3 over the Braves....how sweet it is....
Gcver2ver3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 02:18 PM   #897
Bob's your Information Minister
Chiefs > Broncos
 

Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 26,121

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CHRIS KUPER!!!
Default

Rangers added Carlos Lee.

Look out!
Bob's your Information Minister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 02:53 PM   #898
Bronco LB 59
Ring of Famer
 
Bronco LB 59's Avatar
 
Keep your head up dog

Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Leucadia CA
Posts: 6,044
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob's your Information Minister
Rangers added Carlos Lee.

Look out!
Thanks for Adrian Gonzalez and Chris Young. We should trade more often.
Bronco LB 59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 02:57 PM   #899
-Slap-
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 31,806
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco LB 52
Thanks for Adrian Gonzalez and Chris Young. We should trade more often.
Gonzalez and Young for Eaton was highway robbery.

I think the Lee deal was a pretty good one for them, though. He's prone to second half fades, so we'll see what happens.
-Slap- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 07:22 PM   #900
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer
 
SouthStndJunkie's Avatar
 
Shannon Says: Listen to The Junkman

Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 16,160
Default

The Tigers punk the Twins again tonight to hit win #70 (70-33) on the year.

The next closest teams have 62 wins.
SouthStndJunkie is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:57 PM.


Denver Broncos