The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Other Sports Discussion > MLB
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 07-25-2006, 02:25 PM   #851
WABronco
WE SUCK AGAIN

All dat force

At any rate, he needs to come home and join the M's broadcast crew. He'd be awesome in the booth...much better over what we currently have (Dave Henderson stutters and thinks that giving up walks is worse than giving up a homer).
WABronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 02:29 PM   #852
WABronco
WE SUCK AGAIN

All dat force

Hey 24,

Dodgers | Team acquires Dessens for Perez, prospects
Tue, 25 Jul 2006 12:55:52 -0700
ESPN.com reports the <A href="http://www.kffl.com/team/55/mlb">Los Angeles Dodgers have acquired RP Elmer Dessens from the Kansas City Royals for pitchers Odalis Perez, Blake Johnson, Julio Pimental and cash considerations Tuesday, July 25.

Are you know almost 100% Depo free? Let's see...Jose Cruz Jr., Derek Lowe, Brad Penny...ummm. At any rate, you're getting closer.

Neither guy was a top 10 prospect, per Baseball America.
Old 07-25-2006, 02:43 PM   #853
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata

I seen him!

I wonder how much of Perez's contract they had to eat.
Clockwork Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 03:35 PM   #854
WABronco
WE SUCK AGAIN

All dat force

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clockwork Orange
I wonder how much of Perez's contract they had to eat.
I read somewhere that it was 8 mil...roughly half of what's left.
Old 07-25-2006, 04:27 PM   #855
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

AFC WEST CHAMPS Tough and Competent

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Slap-
I don't think Ozzie is going to get away with dressing down vets like Garland in public like that much longer without losing that team.

I think he lost them with the 7 days of Bunting class in mid-season.

Every team hits a slump, Sox had one at end of last year & pulled it out at end vs Cleveland. They may not catch Detroit but Wildcard is still possibile.

Burls will get it done, Javie sucks, Garcia can have a great outing then follow it up with a Homerun filled game. Conteras still has not pitched as well as before he got hurt. Garland all of a Sudden is the Ace which is not a good thing for this team. If they drop back 10 out of 1st & 3 out of wild card then I will get worried. At least they are still around 20 games over .500, Cubs on track to have one of their worst seasons ever...as a sox fan that is worth the price of the season, how many MLB teams have gone back to back over the last 20 years other than Yankees?
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 04:41 PM   #856
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

Shannon Says: Listen to The Junkman

Quote:
Originally Posted by WABronco
At any rate, he needs to come home and join the M's broadcast crew. He'd be awesome in the booth...much better over what we currently have (Dave Henderson stutters and thinks that giving up walks is worse than giving up a homer).
I heard his firing had something to do with sexual harassment.
SouthStndJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 05:06 PM   #857
-Slap-
Ring of Famer

Reynolds was always protecting his friends anyway. Lets get someone more analytical and less worried about offending people in that chair now.
-Slap- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 05:59 PM   #858
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata

I seen him!

Update from deadspin, another source says that it wasn't sexual harassment

(UPDATE: Another reader, with "contacts on the inside," refutes the sexual harassment whispers: "Anyone who is saying sexual harassment either has been given bad third-hand info or is lying. Harold has had a couple of rather heated arguments with the producers at "Baseball Tonight," and some of the suits at ESPN over the program's coverage of Alex Rodriguez. At the last production meeting, when it was made clear they were going to really play up the A-Rod angle during coverage of the Yankees-Texas series, Harold had a colossal meltdown, which led to his dismissal. The sexual harassment allegations are even more laughable when you consider that he is being replaced by Steve Phillips -- a man who has never met a skirt he wouldn't chase and who was caught in one of the more embarrassing front office sexual harassment scandals in MLB history."

Funny how ESPN seems to love rumors, gossip and allegations until it's one of their own involved.
Old 07-25-2006, 06:57 PM   #859
WABronco
WE SUCK AGAIN

All dat force

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthStndJunkie
I heard his firing had something to do with sexual harassment.
Yea I heard that too. If that's what really happened, then it's probably a good idea to let things cool down for a bit. I wonder if we'll ever really know...
Old 07-25-2006, 06:58 PM   #860
denver5459
Solid Starter

Quote:

(UPDATE: Another reader, with "contacts on the inside," refutes the sexual harassment whispers: "Anyone who is saying sexual harassment either has been given bad third-hand info or is lying. Harold has had a couple of rather heated arguments with the producers at "Baseball Tonight," and some of the suits at ESPN over the program's coverage of Alex Rodriguez. At the last production meeting, when it was made clear they were going to really play up the A-Rod angle during coverage of the Yankees-Texas series, Harold had a colossal meltdown, which led to his dismissal. The sexual harassment allegations are even more laughable when you consider that he is being replaced by Steve Phillips -- a man who has never met a skirt he wouldn't chase and who was caught in one of the more embarrassing front office sexual harassment scandals in MLB history."

Funny how ESPN seems to love rumors, gossip and allegations until it's one of their own involved.
ESPN is turning into more of a soap opera everyday. It's such a joke
denver5459 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 07:24 PM   #861
-Slap-
Ring of Famer

Quote:

Hmm, maybe I should pull my foot out of my mouth. If Reynolds was sick and tired of the ARod bashing, I certainly can't blame him. I respect him for taking a stand.

I don't blame front running, Jeter loving, spoiled rotten Yankee fans for jamming on a guy who's on pace for 35 HR and 121 RBI, but the media is just out of control already.
-Slap- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 07:48 PM   #862
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata

I seen him!

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Slap-
Hmm, maybe I should pull my foot out of my mouth. If Reynolds was sick and tired of the ARod bashing, I certainly can't blame him. I respect him for taking a stand.

I don't blame front running, Jeter loving, spoiled rotten Yankee fans for jamming on a guy who's on pace for 35 HR and 121 RBI, but the media is just out of control already.
The thing is, I heard that Tim Kurkjian was critical on the air of them harping on A-Rod's 0 for 4 game in Toronto. I didn't hear it firsthand, but I guess he expressed his thoughts about how it was ridiculous for them to focus on A-Rod going 0 for 4 on that particular night when he's had 0 for's numerous other times and it's never been mentioned.

I have to agree, though. The way that ESPN is playing it up, you'd think that A-Rod had turned into Clint Barmes.
Old 07-25-2006, 09:43 PM   #863
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata

I seen him!

Jason Jennings has to be wondering what he's done to piss off his teammates. He pitched a complete game tonight, allowed 1 R, 4 H, 2 BB, 4 K.......and took the loss. The only run of the game came on a down and away changeup that some guy named Pujols took the other way and sent it into the seats in right field.

Since June 14th, Jennings' ERA is 2.17 and he hasn't picked up a single win during that span. Another alarming stat, the Rockies have scored 1 run or less in 8 of Jennings' 22 starts this season. Talk about buzzard's luck.
Old 07-25-2006, 09:57 PM   #864
Rascal
RIP

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Turf

Quote:
Jason Jennings has to be wondering what he's done to piss off his teammates. He pitched a complete game tonight, allowed 1 R, 4 H, 2 BB, 4 K.......and took the loss. The only run of the game came on a down and away changeup that some guy named Pujols took the other way and sent it into the seats in right field.

Since June 14th, Jennings' ERA is 2.17 and he hasn't picked up a single win during that span. Another alarming stat, the Rockies have scored 1 run or less in 8 of Jennings' 22 starts this season. Talk about buzzard's luck.
Jennings is usually going up against the others teams ace, and our offense while decent isn't very good against the top pitchers.
Rascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 10:23 PM   #865
Hotwheelz
Perennial Pro-bowler

How 'bout them Padres?!
Hotwheelz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 12:27 AM   #866
WABronco
WE SUCK AGAIN

All dat force

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Rocket RC
How 'bout them Padres?!
Cammy is on FIYAAA!
Old 07-26-2006, 12:38 AM   #867
Hotwheelz
Perennial Pro-bowler

Quote:
Cammy is on FIYAAA!
Go for the sweep!

Beat LA! Beat LA!

Old 07-26-2006, 01:34 AM   #868
24champ
Bring back Kubiak!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Quote:
Go for the sweep!

Beat LA! Beat LA!

24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 01:38 AM   #869
Hotwheelz
Perennial Pro-bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24champbailey
What's your payroll again?
Old 07-26-2006, 01:40 AM   #870
24champ
Bring back Kubiak!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Quote:
Hey 24,

Dodgers | Team acquires Dessens for Perez, prospects
Tue, 25 Jul 2006 12:55:52 -0700
ESPN.com reports the <A href="http://www.kffl.com/team/55/mlb">Los Angeles Dodgers have acquired RP Elmer Dessens from the Kansas City Royals for pitchers Odalis Perez, Blake Johnson, Julio Pimental and cash considerations Tuesday, July 25.

Are you know almost 100% Depo free? Let's see...Jose Cruz Jr., Derek Lowe, Brad Penny...ummm. At any rate, you're getting closer.

Neither guy was a top 10 prospect, per Baseball America.
Perez was garbage, boy Im glad to see him go! We gave the royals money for Perez's f'ed up contract and that is fine with me and the Royals can treat him like trash. I dont like that we tossed in the prospects but we have plenty of those in our farm system.

Quote:
Ned Colletti said on a conference call. "He lost his starting job, obviously. It's probably best to cut ties and move on. We were not getting much productivity out of that roster spot."
OUCH!
Old 07-26-2006, 01:42 AM   #871
24champ
Bring back Kubiak!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Quote:
What's your payroll again?
How many championships have the Madres won?
Old 07-26-2006, 01:56 AM   #872
Hotwheelz
Perennial Pro-bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24champbailey
How many championships have the Madres won?
Don't worry with our solid young infield and future rotation of:

Peavy
Zito
Young
Carillo
Wells

We'll pass your daunting 4 WS soon.
Old 07-26-2006, 02:59 PM   #873
WABronco
WE SUCK AGAIN

All dat force

Ahhhhh...Carl friggin' Everett is gone...he's finally gone. Thank gawwwddddddd...
Old 07-26-2006, 03:22 PM   #874
WABronco
WE SUCK AGAIN

All dat force

Seattle trades Shin Soo Choo and a PTBNL to Cleveland for Ben Broussard. I'm guessing Broussard will split time at 1B and DH. I love this deal. LH bat in Safeco...someone who's not Carl Everett...a good clubhouse guy (which we really need). Great move all around!

Oh, and we know have Eduardo Perez and Broussard...Cleveland's 1b platoon at the start of the year. Heh...
Old 07-26-2006, 03:24 PM   #875
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata

I seen him!

The Twins are smoking hot right now. Should they make the postseason, that's a scary team to have to face in a 7 game series.