The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Other Sports Discussion > MLB
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 06-06-2006, 07:41 PM   #426
-Slap-
Ring of Famer

Francisco Liriano Vs Felix Hernandez right now!
-Slap- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 07:44 PM   #427
-Slap-
Ring of Famer

Cole Hamels on the mound, too.

Unbelievable how many good young arms there are in the majors right now.
Old 06-06-2006, 07:44 PM   #428
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata

I seen him!

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2473485

SAN FRANCISCO -- Authorities who cracked the Bay Area Laboratory Co-Operative steroid scandal here are eying Arizona Diamondbacks reliever Jason Grimsley and others for steroid use, according to court documents unsealed late Tuesday.

In an application a judge approved to search Grimsley's house in Scottsdale, Ariz., federal investigators said Grimsley initially cooperated in the probe, but he withdrew his assistance in April after which he was alleged to have made "extensive statements" about illegal drug use, "for the purpose of performance enhancement," according to court documents. Grimsley's house was searched earlier Tuesday.

Internal Revenue Service agent Jeff Novitsky told a federal judge that investigators wanted to search the right-hander's house for "any and all records showing contact or relationship with any and all amateur or professional athletes, athletic coaches or athletic trainers" regarding illicit drug use and purchases.

"I have no comment about that and no idea about that," Grimsley told The Arizona Republic on Tuesday before the Diamondbacks played the Philadelphia Phillies.

Grimsley began his big league career with Philadelphia in 1989 and has pitched for Cleveland, California, the New York Yankees, Kansas City, Baltimore and Arizona. He has a career record of 42-58 with a 4.77 ERA.

Word of the Grimsley investigation comes nearly two months after an Illinois-based scientist prominent in the field of sports nutritional supplements pleaded guilty to supplying the BALCO lab with the performance-enhancing drug known as "the clear."

Patrick Arnold pleaded guilty to one count of conspiracy to distribute steroids. He's scheduled to be sentenced in August and most likely will face three months in jail and three months of home detention.

A federal grand jury indicted Arnold in November for conspiring with BALCO founder Victor Conte to distribute the once-undetectable substance tetrahydragestrinone.

A federal grand jury in San Francisco is also investigating whether San Francisco Giants outfielder Barry Bonds lied under oath about using "the clear." A separate federal grand jury is probing who leaked Bonds' testimony from the BALCO investigation to the San Francisco Chronicle.

So far, the BALCO probe has netted guilty pleas from Arnold, Conte, Bonds' trainer Greg Anderson, BALCO vice president James Valente and track coach Remi Korchemny.
------------------------------

Take 'em down one cheater at a time.
Clockwork Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 07:46 PM   #429
WABronco
WE SUCK AGAIN

All dat force

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Slap-
Francisco Liriano Vs Felix Hernandez right now!
Felix was on for the first two hitters...looks a little shaky now. M's had Liriano on the ropes in the first, but dumb**** Hargrove called for a bunt from no. 3 hitter Jose Lopez. ERGG!
WABronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 07:47 PM   #430
WABronco
WE SUCK AGAIN

All dat force

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clockwork Orange
So much for the theory that steroids make a good pitcher...

HA
Old 06-06-2006, 07:54 PM   #431
OrangeShadow
armed

and dangerous

Pauley did suprisingly well tonight. Beckett needs to get his act together and stop throwing all fastballs and mix in his breaking and off speed stuff
OrangeShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 08:49 PM   #432
-Slap-
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clockwork Orange
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2473485

SAN FRANCISCO -- Authorities who cracked the Bay Area Laboratory Co-Operative steroid scandal here are eying Arizona Diamondbacks reliever Jason Grimsley and others for steroid use, according to court documents unsealed late Tuesday.

In an application a judge approved to search Grimsley's house in Scottsdale, Ariz., federal investigators said Grimsley initially cooperated in the probe, but he withdrew his assistance in April after which he was alleged to have made "extensive statements" about illegal drug use, "for the purpose of performance enhancement," according to court documents. Grimsley's house was searched earlier Tuesday.

Internal Revenue Service agent Jeff Novitsky told a federal judge that investigators wanted to search the right-hander's house for "any and all records showing contact or relationship with any and all amateur or professional athletes, athletic coaches or athletic trainers" regarding illicit drug use and purchases.

"I have no comment about that and no idea about that," Grimsley told The Arizona Republic on Tuesday before the Diamondbacks played the Philadelphia Phillies.

Grimsley began his big league career with Philadelphia in 1989 and has pitched for Cleveland, California, the New York Yankees, Kansas City, Baltimore and Arizona. He has a career record of 42-58 with a 4.77 ERA.

Word of the Grimsley investigation comes nearly two months after an Illinois-based scientist prominent in the field of sports nutritional supplements pleaded guilty to supplying the BALCO lab with the performance-enhancing drug known as "the clear."

Patrick Arnold pleaded guilty to one count of conspiracy to distribute steroids. He's scheduled to be sentenced in August and most likely will face three months in jail and three months of home detention.

A federal grand jury indicted Arnold in November for conspiring with BALCO founder Victor Conte to distribute the once-undetectable substance tetrahydragestrinone.

A federal grand jury in San Francisco is also investigating whether San Francisco Giants outfielder Barry Bonds lied under oath about using "the clear." A separate federal grand jury is probing who leaked Bonds' testimony from the BALCO investigation to the San Francisco Chronicle.

So far, the BALCO probe has netted guilty pleas from Arnold, Conte, Bonds' trainer Greg Anderson, BALCO vice president James Valente and track coach Remi Korchemny.
------------------------------

When is this damned witch hunt against Jason Grimsley going to end?
Old 06-06-2006, 09:45 PM   #433
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Gene helping John figure out FA

Adopt-a-Bronco:
They'r all bums

Cintron Jacks a 3 run shot to put up the WC WS over DT who now have only 1 & 1/2 game lead over the WS Champs. I had a guitar lesson so listened to radio when Cintron hit the 3 run shot in 8th. Big Booby mowed down the top og the 9th inning players & shut door on Tiggers!
broncosteven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 10:30 PM   #434
WABronco
WE SUCK AGAIN

All dat force

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Slap-
When is this damned witch hunt against Jason Grimsley going to end?
NEVER!
Old 06-06-2006, 10:32 PM   #435
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Gagne records his first save this season! My save machine is starting up already.
24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 09:54 AM   #436
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

Peddling the Orange Addiction

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

MLB.TV! What a great value! I get to watch as many baseball games as I want for the entire season on my PC for $50 bucks!

My addiction is now being fed with a nice selection of games, instead of just whatever I am able to catch on the tube.
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 01:03 PM   #437
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Torrealba with a grand slam...

9-2 Rockies over the Pirates at the top of the third...
Old 06-07-2006, 01:32 PM   #438
bendog
Marginally Continent

David Bowens, he'd be an upgrade

Adopt-a-Bronco:
David Bowens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John
MLB.TV! What a great value! I get to watch as many baseball games as I want for the entire season on my PC for $50 bucks!

My addiction is now being fed with a nice selection of games, instead of just whatever I am able to catch on the tube.
Does it work ok? Does it freeze up all the time and make you restart?
bendog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 01:44 PM   #439
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by bendog
Does it work ok? Does it freeze up all the time and make you restart?

So far, no complaints... I'm getting acceptable image quality (about what I'd expect for streaming video), good sound, and no freeze-ups... at least so far. I'm only in my first game. It's great because I've got an extra notebook that I set on my desk, and I can work while following a game...
Old 06-07-2006, 10:53 PM   #440
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Where's WABronco? Our boys are tied up at 9 with the Twins at the top of the 11th...
Old 06-07-2006, 11:11 PM   #441
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Woohoo! Carl Everett with a walk off home run in the bottom of the eleventh!
Old 06-07-2006, 11:20 PM   #442
WABronco
WE SUCK AGAIN

All dat force

Quote:
Where's WABronco? Our boys are tied up at 9 with the Twins at the top of the 11th...
I was busy setting up a noose to hang myself with after Soriano gave up that jack...

but...

CRAZY CARL (or C-Rex) GOES YARD! WOOT!!!!
Old 06-07-2006, 11:21 PM   #443
WABronco
WE SUCK AGAIN

All dat force

I don't know what I would've done had they not won that game. 4 hr's and a loss (not counting Carl's)...damn.

GOOD THING THEY DIDN'T!
Old 06-07-2006, 11:24 PM   #444
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

No doubt... Plus, it would have been a loss in a game that Ich got a dinger!

Great finish!
Old 06-07-2006, 11:29 PM   #445
WABronco
WE SUCK AGAIN

All dat force

Quote:
No doubt... Plus, it would have been a loss in a game that Ich got a dinger!

Great finish!
I love it when he leads off with a bomb...especially on the first pitch.

Pretty much everyone on the team outside of Ichiro, Jose, Raul, Johjima and Betancourt need to pick it up though. Richie's showing signs. Beltre's been adequate in the 2 hole. Carl's been struggling (not tonight!). Reed's been non-existent (thanks to Hargrove). Pitching staff's been consistently inconsistent. Bullpen's been good though...
Old 06-07-2006, 11:33 PM   #446
WABronco
WE SUCK AGAIN

All dat force

Good think the West sucks!

Seattle's only one game behind Oakland!
Old 06-07-2006, 11:34 PM   #447
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Looks like we might be facing Bartolo Colon on Sunday in his return. Should be an interesting game.
Old 06-07-2006, 11:37 PM   #448
WABronco
WE SUCK AGAIN

All dat force

Quote:
Looks like we might be facing Bartolo Colon on Sunday in his return. Should be an interesting game.
Ooooo...that is cool.

Seems like Seattle has owned Colon since he's gone to Anaheim. At least they won't have to face Jered Weaver...yikes.
Old 06-08-2006, 12:16 AM   #449
Bob's your Information Minister
Chiefs > Broncos

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CHRIS KUPER!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WABronco
Good think the West sucks!

Seattle's only one game behind Oakland!
Sir, I take offense. The rest of the west might suck but the Rangers are playing extremely well.
Bob's your Information Minister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 12:18 AM   #450
Bob's your Information Minister
Chiefs > Broncos

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CHRIS KUPER!!!

Quote:
You get to watch every game...except ones in which the team from your area is playing.
Bob's your Information Minister is offline   Reply With Quote