The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Other Sports Discussion > MLB
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-26-2006, 09:53 PM   #351
Bob's your Information Minister
Chiefs > Broncos
 

Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 26,109

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CHRIS KUPER!!!
Default

Another win for the Rangers, now the only team in the AL West with a winning record.
Bob's your Information Minister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2006, 09:58 PM   #352
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer
 
SouthStndJunkie's Avatar
 
Shannon Says: Listen to The Junkman

Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 16,024
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WABronco
What's with the 3 SB's? Does Leyland not like to run much?
Granderson is not a 'true' leadoff man....thus the lack of stolen bases. He will probably end up with 10-15.
SouthStndJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2006, 02:00 AM   #353
WABronco
WE SUCK AGAIN
 
WABronco's Avatar
 
All dat force

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Denver
Posts: 5,031
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthStndJunkie
Granderson is not a 'true' leadoff man....thus the lack of stolen bases. He will probably end up with 10-15.
Hmmm...all I heard about in ST was his speed. Thanks though...
WABronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2006, 03:14 AM   #354
-Slap-
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 31,806
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liebs
Brandon Webb pitched his 2nd consecutive complete game SHUTOUT today, to improve to 8-0.

pretty impressive
I love it. He also dropped his ERA to 2.12. He pitches half his games in a hitter's park, too.
-Slap- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2006, 03:16 AM   #355
-Slap-
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 31,806
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthStndJunkie
Slap,

You been playing Granderson lately?

He has been on a tear.

5 RBIs tonight.
Yeah, I still have him on several teams. My offenses are so loaded its sick. With Liriano coming on and Harden, Prior, Gagne and Clemens coming back, my pitching staffs are rounding into shape nicely, too.
-Slap- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2006, 09:29 AM   #356
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer
 
SouthStndJunkie's Avatar
 
Shannon Says: Listen to The Junkman

Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 16,024
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WABronco
Hmmm...all I heard about in ST was his speed. Thanks though...
Speed does not always equate to base stealing prowess. He only had 1 stolen base last year in 47 games. He is 3-6 this year in stolen bases. He has already already struck out 51 times this year. Granderson has taken a lot more walks this year (26) than he did last year in a similar amount of plate appearances. His OBP is up from .314 to .369 this year as a result.

See below comments from a scouting report as to why I say he is not your typical leadoff man:

Flaws

Still has work to do on his plate discipline and getting a good read when stealing.


That said, Curtis has been very clutch this year and has come up big in several games when the Tigers needed it.
SouthStndJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2006, 12:49 PM   #357
WABronco
WE SUCK AGAIN
 
WABronco's Avatar
 
All dat force

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Denver
Posts: 5,031
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthStndJunkie
Speed does not always equate to base stealing prowess. He only had 1 stolen base last year in 47 games. He is 3-6 this year in stolen bases. He has already already struck out 51 times this year. Granderson has taken a lot more walks this year (26) than he did last year in a similar amount of plate appearances. His OBP is up from .314 to .369 this year as a result.

See below comments from a scouting report as to why I say he is not your typical leadoff man:

Flaws

Still has work to do on his plate discipline and getting a good read when stealing.


That said, Curtis has been very clutch this year and has come up big in several games when the Tigers needed it.
gotcha...
WABronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2006, 03:40 PM   #358
OrangeShadow
armed
 
and dangerous

Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 6,757
Default

the big schill goes for 200 tonight
OrangeShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2006, 01:50 PM   #359
-Slap-
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 31,806
Default

Jason Bay is quietly destroying the universe. Another bomb today. That gives him 10 HR and 23 RBI in his last 10 games.



I traded Figgins, Tracy and CWilson for Bay and Webb last month. I think I'm getting the better end of that deal so far.
-Slap- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2006, 03:27 PM   #360
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata
 
Clockwork Orange's Avatar
 
I seen him!

Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 21,352
Default

#24 for Pujols today against the Padres.
Clockwork Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2006, 03:29 PM   #361
WABronco
WE SUCK AGAIN
 
WABronco's Avatar
 
All dat force

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Denver
Posts: 5,031
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Slap-
I traded Figgins, Tracy and CWilson for Bay and Webb last month. I think I'm getting the better end of that deal so far.
O.........M.........G

That's Liriano-Bonser-Nathan for Pierzynksi (sp) all over again!
WABronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2006, 03:33 PM   #362
-Slap-
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 31,806
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WABronco
O.........M.........G

That's Liriano-Bonser-Nathan for Pierzynksi (sp) all over again!
Bay was slumping and temporarily banished to sixth in the batting order when I proposed that trade.......
-Slap- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2006, 03:35 PM   #363
WABronco
WE SUCK AGAIN
 
WABronco's Avatar
 
All dat force

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Denver
Posts: 5,031
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob's your Information Minister
Another win for the Rangers, now the only team in the AL West with a winning record.
Dear Texas Rangers,

Please sweep Seattle this week. Another 6 (2 sweeps in a row) game losing streak would almost certainly end the misery that is Mike Hargrove managing. He almost got the axe a week ago, but alas...the Mariners decided to disregard the signs and gruesome bullpen use and have a winning homestand.

Also, even though I want you to sweep Seattle, I'd appreciate it if you went easy on a few of our pitchers...Meche and Hernandez in particular. Both are starting to turn around their seasons, and a shelling in Texas certainly wouldn't help things. But, even if you do decide to put up 15 runs on each guy, I suppose it'll only quicken the firing. Do what you wish...I guess.

Your's truly,

WABronco
WABronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2006, 03:35 PM   #364
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata
 
Clockwork Orange's Avatar
 
I seen him!

Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 21,352
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Slap-
Bay was slumping and temporarily banished to sixth in the batting order when I proposed that trade.......
Buy low, sell high.
Clockwork Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2006, 02:50 AM   #365
Taco John
24/7 Broncos
 
Taco John's Avatar
 
All Hail King Midas

Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 50,411

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheManeMan
You should be starting Chone...unless you dont need any SB's...

Clemens supposedly has narrowed it down to Boston or Houston...I think a decision will come soon... and he'll return after the All-Star break...


Thanks... Between Jose Reyes and F. Lopez, I've pretty much got stolen bases nailed down each week, however, I actually came to the conclusion that I needed to get Chone in there on Thursday night when doing my trend work... I ended up putting Swisher on the bench, moving Utley to first, and getting Chone in at second.

The nice thing about Nick is his roster flexibility, so he'll still find time in the outfield... Though it's hard to mix him in there with Bay, Abreu, and A. Jones out there... But each of them have proven that they're capable of slumps...
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2006, 04:41 PM   #366
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata
 
Clockwork Orange's Avatar
 
I seen him!

Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 21,352
Default

#25 for Pujols today, another three run bomb.
Clockwork Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2006, 07:56 PM   #367
Taco John
24/7 Broncos
 
Taco John's Avatar
 
All Hail King Midas

Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 50,411

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning
Default

Looks like Bay is cooling down a little... He's 1 for 5 at the bottom of the eigth... His teammates picked him up though... They're crushing Milwaukee 14-3.
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2006, 09:02 PM   #368
Al Wilson
Perennial Pro-bowler
 

Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 964
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John
Looks like Bay is cooling down a little... He's 1 for 5 at the bottom of the eigth... His teammates picked him up though... They're crushing Milwaukee 14-3.
How's the fantasy team

Boy, Bay is some special player eh
Al Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2006, 09:23 PM   #369
WABronco
WE SUCK AGAIN
 
WABronco's Avatar
 
All dat force

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Denver
Posts: 5,031
Default

Anyone here throw lefthanded? If so, give your local team a call when the M's are in town.

This team may have the most inept MOTO (if you can call it that) in the history of mankind.
WABronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 02:31 PM   #370
Rich Karlis
liquored up kicker
 
Rich Karlis's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: NYC/NNJ
Posts: 836
Default

http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/a...=.jsp&c_id=mlb

Mets promote top prospect Milledge

NEW YORK -- The Mets placed outfielder Xavier Nady on the 15-day disabled list on Tuesday and recalled outfielder Lastings Milledge from Triple-A Norfolk of the International League.
Nady underwent an appendectomy on Tuesday at approximately 5:30 a.m. at New York Presbyterian Hospital. Nady should be able to resume baseball activities in seven to 10 days.

In 45 games, Nady was hitting .267 with nine home runs and 22 RBIs.

Milledge, 21, was batting .291 (53-for-182) with 32 runs scored, 16 doubles, two triples, four home runs, 19 RBIs and eight stolen bases in 50 games for the Tides.

Milledge batted .327 (18-for-55) with 10 runs scored, two doubles, one home run, seven RBIs and two stolen bases in 23 Spring Training games.

Milledge was New York's first-round (12th overall) selection in the 2003 First-Year Player Draft from Lakewood Ranch High School in Bradenton, Fla.


I have been looking forward to seeing this kid play against the big boys. I got to see him play in a few spring training games this year and he showed great speed on the bases and in the field, but he has more than a few 3 and 4 SO games. If he gets on base in the Majors he could be a decent fantasy guy this year if you are looking for a SB guy.
Rich Karlis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 02:48 PM   #371
Taco John
24/7 Broncos
 
Taco John's Avatar
 
All Hail King Midas

Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 50,411

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Wilson
How's the fantasy team

Boy, Bay is some special player eh

I think Fantasy Baseball is probably as addicting as anything I've ever tried. I think it's the best fantasy sport there is. I love the week long games, and following the trends. I played fantasy basketball before, which is similar... But I like this much better.
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 03:05 PM   #372
OrangeShadow
armed
 
and dangerous

Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 6,757
Default

I still think fantasy football is better but baseball is a close second. Ive always followed the sox and baseball religously but i had never really taken part in fantasy baseball,its great
OrangeShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 03:49 PM   #373
WABronco
WE SUCK AGAIN
 
WABronco's Avatar
 
All dat force

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Denver
Posts: 5,031
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Karlis
http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/a...=.jsp&c_id=mlb

Mets promote top prospect Milledge

NEW YORK -- The Mets placed outfielder Xavier Nady on the 15-day disabled list on Tuesday and recalled outfielder Lastings Milledge from Triple-A Norfolk of the International League.
Nady underwent an appendectomy on Tuesday at approximately 5:30 a.m. at New York Presbyterian Hospital. Nady should be able to resume baseball activities in seven to 10 days.

In 45 games, Nady was hitting .267 with nine home runs and 22 RBIs.

Milledge, 21, was batting .291 (53-for-182) with 32 runs scored, 16 doubles, two triples, four home runs, 19 RBIs and eight stolen bases in 50 games for the Tides.

Milledge batted .327 (18-for-55) with 10 runs scored, two doubles, one home run, seven RBIs and two stolen bases in 23 Spring Training games.

Milledge was New York's first-round (12th overall) selection in the 2003 First-Year Player Draft from Lakewood Ranch High School in Bradenton, Fla.


I have been looking forward to seeing this kid play against the big boys. I got to see him play in a few spring training games this year and he showed great speed on the bases and in the field, but he has more than a few 3 and 4 SO games. If he gets on base in the Majors he could be a decent fantasy guy this year if you are looking for a SB guy.
How 'bout Milledge for Joel Piniero Sounds fair to me...
WABronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 04:28 PM   #374
Taco John
24/7 Broncos
 
Taco John's Avatar
 
All Hail King Midas

Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 50,411

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeShadow
I still think fantasy football is better but baseball is a close second. Ive always followed the sox and baseball religously but i had never really taken part in fantasy baseball,its great


The thing I like about fantasy baseball is that it lasts longer, and you can make adjustments to your line-up during the week to affect the game. In football, you can't make adjustments. Plus, in Baseball, the universe of players that can help your team is so much larger than in football... or at least it seems to me...
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 04:36 PM   #375
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer
 
SouthStndJunkie's Avatar
 
Shannon Says: Listen to The Junkman

Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 16,024
Default

Looks like The Rocket is coming back to play for the Astros.
SouthStndJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:37 AM.


Denver Broncos