The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Ring of Fame Threads
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-11-2006, 07:00 AM   #2351
Old Dude
Super Moderator

Consultant

Quote:
Originally Posted by missingnumber7
...and the funny part about the thread is as the previous survivor's went along more outside people and people who were playing the game dominated the thread and the people who had been eliminated pretty much left...in survivor three it is dominated by the undead.
I guess we picked the right motif this time.
Old Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2006, 07:18 AM   #2352
Old Dude
Super Moderator

Consultant

I don't yet have any votes in for ROUND SIX.

I am going to introduce a minor rule modification, starting in ROUND SIX and continuing to the end.

It may never come into play, but the voting in this game has resulted in some very close contests.

Up to now, the tiebreakers have been as follows:

1. Previous voting participation. Those who are tagged with an asterisk will lose in the case of a tied vote against anyone without an asterisk.

2. If tiebreaker #1 does not apply, then person who has the fewest total previous votes against them will be killed. This is the opposite of the way we have done this in previous games. Previous adverse votes as "scars."

3. If the "scar" tiebreaker was also tied, the next tiebreaker was by a vote of THE MOLE.

We are now going to bump the "MOLE" tiebreaker from #3 down to #4. The new #3 tiebreaker, which only applies if tiebreakers #1 and #2 don't do the job, is as follows: The player sustaining the most killer-zombie votes in the tied round will die.

This does make killer zombies slightly more potent than before, but since it is the third tiebreaker, it may never come into play. Since most of you are going to be killer zombies at some point, I figure this will meet with general satisfaction.
Old 03-11-2006, 08:18 AM   #2353
Old Dude
Super Moderator

Consultant

Scar & Status Update

1. BMF Bronco..............Killed in Round 4
2. BIM.........................alive and untouched
3. Majikman7................Killed in Round 1.
4. heydensmom.............Killed in Round 2

5. bfoflcommish.............Killed in Round 5, Currently Undead, seeking vengeance
6. *24champbailey........alive xx (2 scars)
7. hotrod.....................alive and untouched
8. *missingnumber7.......alive and untouched
9. ludo21.....................alive and untouched
10. DBroncos4life..........Killed in Round 3
11. minibronco.............alive x (1 scar)
12. Ratboy..................alive and untouched
13. Bronx33.................alive and untouched
14. *Dagmar................alive and untouched
15. DomCasual.............alive xx (2 scars)
16. Great13.................alive x (1 scar)
17. TheDave................alive xxxxxxx (7 scars)
18. rascal....................alive xxxxxxxx (8 scars)
19. Mile High Shack...... alive and untouched
20. Arkansas Bronco......alive xxxxxxxxxx (10 scars)
21. Mediator12.............alive xxxxxxxxxxx (11 scars)
22. Smalltowngirl..........alive and untouched
Old 03-11-2006, 08:20 AM   #2354
Old Dude
Super Moderator

Consultant

VOTE BREAKDOWN (courtesy of the MOLE)

Old 03-11-2006, 08:23 AM   #2355
TheDave
Sauced...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Dude
This does make killer zombies slightly more potent than before, but since it is the third tiebreaker, it may never come into play. Since most of you are going to be killer zombies at some point, I figure this will meet with general satisfaction.

so this is how it's going to be
TheDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2006, 08:27 AM   #2356
heydensmom
I'm Jack Bauer!

whoo hoo! I may get to kill someone again!
heydensmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2006, 08:27 AM   #2357
smalltowngrll
Orange

Blue

Adopt-a-Bronco:
dortoh

...and whoever goes out on Monday...will take an awful lot of votes with them for round 7!
smalltowngrll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2006, 08:57 AM   #2358
Old Dude
Super Moderator

Consultant

ROUND SIX

The “Playing Dead” option will be allowed, and will continue through the rest of the game. Details below.

On this date, we will also start keeping track of player locations within the store. Details below.

Deadline, Noon, Monday, March 13, 2006.

ROUND SEVEN

Double elimination round. Every player will get two votes to cast in whatever combination they want. The killer zombie from Round Six will have six votes. The top two victims will be zombified.

Deadline, Noon, Tuesday, March 14, 2006.

ROUND EIGHT.

This will be a blackout round. Only the results will be reported, not the details of who voted for who, or who was doing what.

Note that because the previous round will have resulted in two victims, there will be two angry killer zombies wandering around in search of justice. Each will have three votes.

This is also the first round in which players may begin dabbling with chemicals to construct time bombs. Details below.

Deadline, Noon Wednesday, March 15, 2006.

ROUND NINE

This is another blackout round.

It will also be a double-elimination round, with all players getting two votes. One killer zombie will be active, with six votes. Two players will be zombified.

This is the first round in which it will be possible to construct a walking suicide zombie bomber.

Deadline, Noon Thursday, March 16, 2006.

ROUND TEN.

The lights come back on, and normal reporting will resume. Only one person will be eliminated this round, but there will be two killer zombies at large (victims from round nine) each with three votes.

Time-bomb construction and suicide-zombie-rigging may continue from here to the end.

Deadline, Noon Friday, March 17, 2006.

ROUND ELEVEN

Another double-elimination round.

Deadline: Noon, Monday, March 20, 2006

ROUND TWELVE

Double elimination round.

Deadline TBA

ROUND THIRTEEN

Double elimination round

Deadline TBA

ROUND FOURTEEN and AFTER

Deadlines: TBA

Note: It is difficult to say how many rounds it will take to finish the game. If no one drops out (or gets booted due to disqualification) we would be down to four living players and two killer zombies by Round Fourteen.

Rules regarding playing dead, time bomb construction, and suicide zombie bomber rigging are as follows:

PLAYING DEAD

Instead of casting a vote to knock off another player, you can drop to the floor and pretend that you are dead. (Peeing yourself is optional) This will grant you temporary immunity (for that round only) against the retributive zombie attacks by the victim of the previous round.

Unfortunately, it does no good at all against votes by your fellow survivors, who can still stab, kick, shoot or punch you to their heart's content. (Or simply pick you up, set you on fire and hurl you off the roof into the zombie shoppers below- - - you get the idea)

IF YOU ARE CHOOSING TO PLAY DEAD, YOU MUST PM ME WITH THAT FACT !!! This is not the same thing as merely abstaining.

A player who chooses to play dead may not move from his/her current area to another area in that same round. See below.

NO PLACE TO HIDE

The store is divided into the following eight general areas.

FOOD COURT (taco bell pays a lot of tribute to Wal-Mart to have a store here)
FABRICS (includes clothing, shoes, etc. also cheap jewelry)
ELECTRONICS (all that good stuff; includes the quick-photo dept.)
HOUSEWARES (includes paint, knives, blenders and all kinds of dangerous stuff)
SPORTING GOODS
TOYS & AUTOMOTIVE
HEALTH & BEAUTY (includes the pharmacy)
CUSTOMER SERVICE (includes the restroom area, complaint desk, and main office)

The Warehouse, Grocery Section, Lawn & Garden Department and all other areas have already been overrun and looted by zombies. They are off limits and no one can move there. Anyone who tries to move to an off-limits area will be deemed to remain where they started the round.

All players will begin ROUND SIX in the Food Court. Any player who wants to move to one of the other seven locations may do so by PM-ing me with the new location along with their vote that turn. Like votes, movement cannot be changed once it is made. Locations will be noted at the end of the round, just like votes. You can move to a different location the following round. Locations will not be broadcast during blackout rounds. There is no limit to the number of players in any given location.

WHY IS LOCATION IMPORTANT?

Because of the bombs.

BUILDING TIME BOMBS

Starting in Round Eight, you have another legal voting option. Instead of (1) voting directly against someone, or (2) playing dead, you can (3) build and set a time bomb.

It’s very simple. Just PM me to tell me in which one of the ten locations you have chosen to plant the bomb, and what future round you have set it to go off.

The longer the fuse burns, the bigger the blast. (This is cartoon physics, of course)

If the bomb goes off one round later, it causes two votes of damage to everyone in the designated area.

Two rounds = 4 votes

Three rounds = 6 votes

Four rounds = 8 votes

Five rounds = 10 votes

And so on. You get the picture.

Don’t set your fuse for too long, or the game might be over before you get your jollies.

You can set as many bombs as you please, and you can even put multiple bombs in a single location, but you can only set one bomb per turn.

You do not have to be in the location where you set the bomb. (It’s assumed that you have plenty of chances to wander around the store between rounds.) If you are in the area where the bomb goes off, when it goes off, you take damage just like everyone else.

If you set a time bomb to go off in the future and are killed before it goes off, the bomb still kepps ticking and will explode on whatever turn it was originally set. In other words, your death will not stop your time bomb from going off as originally planned.

Once you have set the timer, it cannot be changed.

And Yes, in Rounds when the lights are on, it will be reported at the end of the round that you were dabbling with chemicals.

RIGGING SUICIDE ZOMBIE BOMBERS.

This is just like a regular time bomb, except as follows:

First off, zombies don’t usually stand still when bombs get strapped to them, so strapping a time bomb to a zombie will result in one immediate vote of “damage” to yourself.

NOTE: we are not talking about “ex-player zombies” here. You cannot tie bombs to ex-player zombies. These are just your ordinary generic zombies.

Once the bomb is rigged, the zombie will not just stand there. He will generally follow his instincts to seek out the location with the most action. This is defined as whatever location is occupied by persons receiving the most cumulative votes that round.

For example, if Bob and George are in the Food Court, and each gets hit by two adverse votes that round, the Suicide Zombie will wander over there, instead of going after Susan over in Health & Beauty even if Susan got hit with three adverse votes that round

If locations are seeing an equal amount of backstabbing action, the suicide Zombie will head to the one with the most people in it.

If that is also tied, it will seek out the location occupied by the most injured (scarred) player. If that is also tied, it goes onto the next most beat-up guy and so on. If everything is completely tied, it scratches its head and blows up harmlessly.

The one big disadvantage to using a Suicide Zombie Bomber is that if an opponent is "playing dead" he will take only one vote of damage from the Zombie, no matter how long the fuse has been burning. I don't know why it works this way, it just does.
Old 03-11-2006, 09:00 AM   #2359
Old Dude
Super Moderator

Consultant

Quote:
Originally Posted by smalltowngrll
...and whoever goes out on Monday...will take an awful lot of votes with them for round 7!
This is true, the victim of Round Six will have six votes to cast in Round Seven. However, the surviving players can't be ignored, because they will all get two votes each that round.
Old 03-11-2006, 09:50 AM   #2360
Old Dude
Super Moderator

Consultant

Major Andre

Last edited by Old Dude; 03-11-2006 at 09:53 AM..
Old 03-11-2006, 09:53 AM   #2361
Old Dude
Super Moderator

Consultant

Old 03-11-2006, 10:09 AM   #2362
Old Dude
Super Moderator

Consultant

Old 03-11-2006, 10:12 AM   #2363
TheDave
Sauced...

spy
turncoat
quitter...
Old 03-11-2006, 10:13 AM   #2364
Mediator12
OM analyst

Quanterus Smith was MY freakin Pick

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
That's right survivor's, I's about ta put somphun on dey ass. Here davy, davy, davy.
Mediator12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2006, 10:15 AM   #2365
TheDave
Sauced...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mediator12
That's right survivor's, I's about ta put somphun on dey ass. Here davy, davy, davy.
and you can belie' dat!
Old 03-11-2006, 10:28 AM   #2366
smalltowngrll
Orange

Blue

Adopt-a-Bronco:
dortoh

Quote:
Interesting choice of pics there OD...

hmmmm...I do believe that was being used for quite some time as someone's avater.....

hmmmmm I wonder who that was?
Old 03-11-2006, 10:29 AM   #2367
Mediator12
OM analyst

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Lo and behold, speaking of spies here comes Mata Hari herself. Hey Smalltown. Been at the range with the bow and arrow Or are you trying out methods of Seppuku (Hari-Kari to all the gaijin out there)?
Old 03-11-2006, 10:33 AM   #2368
smalltowngrll
Orange

Blue

Adopt-a-Bronco:
dortoh

Quote:
Lo and behold, speaking of spies here comes Mata Hari herself. Hey Smalltown. Been at the range with the bow and arrow Or are you trying out methods of Seppuku (Hari-Kari to all the gaijin out there)?
Care to explain that last part?? That way I don't have to look it up on the net...I may very well fit into that category!

I'd like to think of myself more as a Joan of Arc kinda gal...ya know...willing to sacrifice all for the purpose!
Old 03-11-2006, 10:36 AM   #2369
Mediator12
OM analyst

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Yeah, I am pretty sure burning at the stake is not the way to go though! Seppuku is ritualistic suicide to save one's honor in Japanese society. I give you credit for holding to your ideals. That is a hell of a lot better than the rest of us.
Old 03-11-2006, 10:38 AM   #2370
Mediator12
OM analyst

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

I was described as SATAN earlier Oh, the things this demented game brings out.
Old 03-11-2006, 10:40 AM   #2371
smalltowngrll
Orange

Blue

Adopt-a-Bronco:
dortoh

I think I've been fairly well behaved..privately, speaking...except for a few minor glitches....

Puclically....well, it's all for the ratings, isn't it?
Old 03-11-2006, 10:45 AM   #2372
TheDave
Sauced...

Quote:
I was described as SATAN earlier Oh, the things this demented game brings out.
you don't want to know the **** people are calling me...
Old 03-11-2006, 11:12 AM   #2373
Mediator12
OM analyst

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDave
you don't want to know the **** people are calling me...
Worse than Satan I was not sure that could be done before I started playing this

Glutton for punishment?

Good lord I have issues
Old 03-11-2006, 11:25 AM   #2374
bfoflcommish
Time for Broncos Football

GO..........BRONCOS

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Steve Atwater

3 votes are waiting to be used?

anyone want to help me use them?
bfoflcommish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2006, 11:27 AM   #2375
TheDave
Sauced...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfoflcommish
3 votes are waiting to be used?

anyone want to help me use them?
Gee i couldn't imagine where those votes will go....