The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Ring of Fame Threads
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-08-2006, 02:26 PM   #1401
Crushaholic
Armchair Poster

Get off my lawn, you kids!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Isaiah Burse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pezman
Lets just say, a vacation has been laid out for him for a few days, Majikowski style.
...and that's why Pezman is my hero...
Crushaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 02:29 PM   #1402
Hotrod
Self Appointed Expert

aka Dortoh

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Miss I

wow what happened there
Hotrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 02:31 PM   #1403
Old Dude
Super Moderator

Consultant

DBroncos4life has exceeded their stored private messages quota and can not accept further messages until they clear some space.
Old Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 02:39 PM   #1404
Old Dude
Super Moderator

Consultant

I have been asked by a couple people what the deal is with Mediator13 - - whether he is still in the game or not.

I don't know anything more than the rest of you. It sounded like he might be going, but he sort of left his options open. Technically, I will not disqualify him until he formally declares that he has withdrawn, or until he misses two votes.

He has not missed any votes so far.

It would be inappropriate for me to PM him and ask him directly.

For example, what if he said, "I'm still in the game but don't tell anyone."

If he wants to PM me with a formal withdrawal or if he wants to post it here, that's up to him.

Otherwise, I have to assume that he's still an eligible player and until he misses two votes, he's still in the game.
Old 03-08-2006, 02:43 PM   #1405
JCMElway
Moderate-erator

Dominate!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Oleg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pezman
Lets just say, a vacation has been laid out for him for a few days, Majikowski style.
A vacation? Like, 30 days? That'd be awesome!
JCMElway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 02:43 PM   #1406
smalltowngrll
Orange

Blue

Adopt-a-Bronco:
dortoh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Dude
DBroncos4life has exceeded their stored private messages quota and can not accept further messages until they clear some space.
Dang, I guess I sent him too many flirty messages....
smalltowngrll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 02:45 PM   #1407
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCMElway
A vacation? Like, 30 days? That'd be awesome!
He needs 30 days for every inch he posted.....
Bronx33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 02:47 PM   #1408
Rascal
RIP

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Turf

Holy Hell.

Sorry guys I've been busy all day and only had 30 seconds to spare and that was to vote.

WHAT THE HELL!!!
Rascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 02:48 PM   #1409
Rascal
RIP

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Turf

Quote:

1. BMF Bronco………................Arkansas Bronco
2. BIM………………...................Arkansas Bronco
3. Majikman7........................Dead
4a. heydensmom (claw #1) … .DBroncos4Life
4b heydensmom (claw #2)….. DBroncos4Life
4c heydensmom (bite)………. ..DBroncos4Life
5. bfoflcommish…………............Arkansas Bronco
6. *24champbailey ................Arkansas Bronco
7. hotrod..............................DBronco4Life
8. *missingnumber7…............. DBroncos4Life
9. ludo21……………….................Arkansas Bronco
10. DBroncos4life……...............Arkansas Bronco
11. minibronco........................DBroncos4Life
12. Ratboy.............................DBroncos4Life
13. Bronx33 ………….................Arkansas Bronco
14. *Dagmar..........................Arkansas Bronco
15. DomCasual……….................Mediator12
16. Great13……………................DBroncos4Life
17. TheDave………….................Arkansas Bronco
18. rascal………………................DBroncos 4Life
19. Mile High Shack…..............DBroncos4Life
20. Arkansas Bronco …........... DBroncos4Life
21. Mediator12 ………...............DBroncos4Life
22. Smalltowngirl ……..............Arkansas Bronco
Good Lord. Talk about a mess.
Old 03-08-2006, 02:50 PM   #1410
Old Dude
Super Moderator

Consultant

I've also been asked what happens if a bunch of votes get shot at Mediator between now and Noon tomorrow, and he comes in and formally withdraws at 11:59.

Those votes would be applied against Mediator, and if they were sufficient to kill him, then he would be the victim of teh round (and the only eligible zombie for Round 5)

If they were not sufficient to kill him, then, once the vote was tallied, the vote leader would be killed, and Mediator would be noted as "withdrawn."

If Mediator did not declare a withdrawal, though, then he would simply get an asterisk. As noted above, he hasn't missed any previous votes.
Old 03-08-2006, 02:52 PM   #1411
BMF Bronco
Offseason sucks...

Adopt-a-Bronco:
ME

damn, does that mean Mediator is being targeted?
BMF Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 02:54 PM   #1412
Old Dude
Super Moderator

Consultant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rascal
Good Lord. Talk about a mess.
Sorry. I tried to line up the columns in a more readable fashion, but everyone was on my case.
Old 03-08-2006, 02:55 PM   #1413
Mile High Shack
Ring of Famer

Cock-a-doodle-do

based on a PM I sent Mediator after he said he was leaving, I think he is sticking around

I think Majik got to him
Mile High Shack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 02:56 PM   #1414
Rascal
RIP

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Turf

Quote:
THE BIG PICTURE FROM HERE ON OUT

ROUND THREE

Conventional Rules.

Deadline, Noon, Wednesday, March 8, 2006.

ROUND FOUR

Conventional Rules.

Deadline, Noon, Thursday, March 9, 2006.

Special Note: Results might not be posted until 12:45 on Thursday, due to conflict in schedule.

ROUND FIVE

Conventional Rules

Deadline, Noon, Friday, March 10, 2006

ROUND SIX

The “Playing Dead” option will be allowed, and will continue through the rest of the game. Details below.

On this date, we will also start keeping track of player locations within the store. Details below.

Deadline, Noon, Monday, March 13, 2006.

ROUND SEVEN

Double elimination round. Every player will get two votes to cast in whatever combination they want. The killer zombie from Round Six will have six votes. The top two victims will be zombified.

Deadline, Noon, Tuesday, March 14, 2006.

ROUND EIGHT.

This will be a blackout round. Only the results will be reported, not the details of who voted for who, or who was doing what.

Note that because the previous round will have resulted in two victims, there will be two angry killer zombies wandering around in search of justice. Each will have three votes.

This is also the first round in which players may begin dabbling with chemicals to construct time bombs. Details below.

Deadline, Noon Wednesday, March 15, 2006.

ROUND NINE

This is another blackout round.

It will also be a double-elimination round, with all players getting two votes. One killer zombie will be active, with six votes. Two players will be zombified.

This is the first round in which it will be possible to construct a walking suicide zombie bomber.

Deadline, Noon Thursday, March 16, 2006.

ROUND TEN.

The lights come back on, and normal reporting will resume. Only one person will be eliminated this round, but there will be two killer zombies at large (victims from round nine) each with three votes.

Time-bomb construction and suicide-zombie-rigging may continue from here to the end.

Deadline, Noon Friday, March 17, 2006.

ROUND ELEVEN

Another double-elimination round.

Deadline: Noon, Monday, March 20, 2006

ROUND TWELVE

Double elimination round.

Deadline TBA

ROUND THIRTEEN

Double elimination round

Deadline TBA

ROUND FOURTEEN and AFTER

Deadlines: TBA

Note: It is difficult to say how many rounds it will take to finish the game. If no one drops out (or gets booted due to disqualification) we would be down to four living players and two killer zombies by Round Fourteen.

Rules regarding playing dead, time bomb construction, and suicide zombie bomber rigging are as follows:

PLAYING DEAD

Instead of casting a vote to knock off another player, you can drop to the floor and pretend that you are dead. (Peeing yourself is optional) This will grant you temporary immunity (for that round only) against the retributive zombie attacks by the victim of the previous round.

Unfortunately, it does no good at all against votes by your fellow survivors, who can still stab, kick, shoot or punch you to their heart's content. (Or simply pick you up, set you on fire and hurl you off the roof into the zombie shoppers below- - - you get the idea)

Again, this option will not be available until ROUND SIX.

NO PLACE TO HIDE

The store is divided into the following ten general areas.

FOOD COURT (taco bell pays a lot of tribute to Wal-Mart to have a store here)
GROCERY (includes bakery, canned goods, meat, produce, dairy, etc.)
FABRICS (includes clothing, shoes, etc. also cheap jewelry)
ELECTRONICS (all that good stuff; includes the quick-photo dept.)
HOUSEWARES (includes paint, knives, blenders and all kinds of dangerous stuff)
SPORTING GOODS
TOYS & AUTOMOTIVE
LAWN & GARDEN
HEALTH & BEAUTY (includes the pharmacy)
CUSTOMER SERVICE (includes the restroom area, complaint desk, and main office)

The Warehouse and all other areas have already been looted by zombies.

All players will begin ROUND SIX in the Food Court. Any player who wants to move to one of the other nine locations may do so by PM-ing me with the new location along with their vote that turn. Like votes, movement cannot be changed once it is made. Locations will be noted at the end of the round, just like votes. You can move to a different location the following round. Locations will not be broadcast during blackout rounds. There is no limit to the number of players in any given location.

WHY IS LOCATION IMPORTANT?

Because of the bombs.

BUILDING TIME BOMBS

Starting in Round Eight, you have another legal voting option. Instead of (1) voting directly against someone, or (2) playing dead, you can (3) build and set a time bomb.

It’s very simple. Just PM me to tell me in which one of the ten locations you have chosen to plant the bomb, and what future round you have set it to go off.

The longer the fuse burns, the bigger the blast. (This is cartoon physics, of course)

If the bomb goes off one round later, it causes two votes of damage to everyone in the designated area.

Two rounds = 4 votes

Three rounds = 6 votes

Four rounds = 8 votes

Five rounds = 10 votes

And so on. You get the picture.

Don’t set your fuse for too long, or the game might be over before you get your jollies.

You can set as many bombs as you please, and you can even put multiple bombs in a single location, but you can only set one bomb per turn.

You do not have to be in the location where you set the bomb. (It’s assumed that you have plenty of chances to wander around the store between rounds.) If you are in the area where the bomb goes off, when it goes off, you take damage just like everyone else.

And Yes, in Rounds when the lights are on, it will be reported at the end of the round that you were dabbling with chemicals.

RIGGING SUICIDE ZOMBIE BOMBERS.

This is just like a regular time bomb, except as follows:

First off, zombies don’t usually stand still when bombs get strapped to them, so strapping a time bomb to a zombie will result in one immediate vote of “damage” to yourself.

NOTE: we are not talking about “ex-player zombies” here. You cannot tie bombs to ex-player zombies. These are just your ordinary generic zombies we’re talking about here.

Once the bomb is rigged, the zombie will not just stand there. He will generally follow his instincts to seek out the location with the most action. This is defined as whatever location is occupied by persons receiving the most cumulative votes that round.

For example, if Bob and George are in the Food Court, and each gets hit by two adverse votes that round, the Suicide Zombie will wander over there, instead of going after Susan over in Health & Beauty even if Susan got hit with three adverse votes that round

If locations are seeing an equal amount of backstabbing action, the suicide Zombie will head to the one with the most people in it.

If that is also tied, it will seek out the location occupied by the most injured (scarred) player. If that is also tied, it goes onto the next most beat-up guy and so on. If everything is completely tied, it scratches its head and blows up harmlessly.

The one big disadvantage to using a Suicide Zombie Bomber is that if an opponent is "playing dead" he will take only one vote of damage from the Zombie, no matter how long the fuse has been burning. I don't know why it works this way, it just does.

Well, that’s about it!

Shouldn't be any more curves in the road...

Good luck out there.
Translation...

I'm ****ed.
Old 03-08-2006, 03:06 PM   #1415
DomCasual
This one's for Pat!

Shameless Homer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMF Bronco
damn, does that mean Mediator is being targeted?
I "targeted" him today. I have this crazy, old-fashioned thing - when people say, "Go ahead and vote for me," I go ahead and do it.

Fortunately, my vote wouldn't have made a difference anyway - one way or another. But if Mediator is on the curb, and a bus full of zombies speeds by, I might just push him. I might not, but I might.
DomCasual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 03:14 PM   #1416
Old Dude
Super Moderator

Consultant

Rocketman Larry Martin tangles with a robot in "ZOMBIES OF THE STRATOSPHERE" (1952)
Old 03-08-2006, 03:20 PM   #1417
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Quote:

Rocketman Larry Martin tangles with a robot in "ZOMBIES OF THE STRATOSPHERE" (1952)

Wow what a flashback!! remember those chessey space ship shots?
Old 03-08-2006, 03:33 PM   #1418
BMF Bronco
Offseason sucks...

Adopt-a-Bronco:
ME

damn you're old.
Old 03-08-2006, 03:38 PM   #1419
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

PM box is clear
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 03:38 PM   #1420
Old Dude
Super Moderator

Consultant

Found some stuff to help some of you with your roles ...

1. BMF Bronco (The Cub Reporter)

I thought that for as long as the crisis lasted, I could write about it. At first, I worked for a paper, but the building got overrun. We moved to a copy store, but in six months that was gone. Then we found a library with a working phone line and started posting information on the newsgroup alt.conspiracy.zombie.menace.

Now, most of the staff is gone from flesh-eaters, looters and trigger-happy GIs. I guess it's just as well. I can't write anymore. I'm burnt out. It's hard to keep going when you're part of the endangered species.

"Why am I taking notes? Someday these corpses are going to be put back in the ground. When that happens, I'm gonna be the first person to tell the story. If that ain't worth a Pulitzer, I don't know what is."

3. Majikman7 (The Guy Everyone Knows Will Get Killed)

5. bfoflcommish (The Big Dumb Jock)

Feel the burn is a cliche now. Jeez, I hear them using it as a joke on sitcoms. Thing is, if you're serious -- I mean really serious about working out -- you really do feel the burn. Your body pays you back for treating it right by giving you this high that no amount of pot, beer or hostess fruit pies can match.

Of course, it's much harder to stick to a schedule now. We're always moving, always looking out for food, ammo and defensible shelter. So I have this rule, every night, no matter where we make camp, I do a full set of reps before I eat or turn in.

The others think I'm nuts. The minute they can let their guard down, they booze it up and east like pigs. They tell me to relax, that the world has changed and we all have to change with it. There are no more supermodels and singles bars, there's just groups of scarred, dirty, terrified people trying to make it through another day.

"A blow to head! The pussface goes down! The crowd goes wild! He swings, he scores again! Bring it on, you lame-ass pukes!"

6. 24champbailey (Skippy, the Wonder Dog)

Bark. Bark, bark!

7. hotrod (The Babysitter's Boyfriend)

"I had to choose, save my girlfriend or my Dr. Who collection. I know Jenny would have understood. The survivors will thank me when it's all over."

15. DomCasual (The Sheriff)

Fine. I took the oath, I did the job. I worked my butt off to take care of my buddies, and make my family proud.

But zombies? ****ing zombies, I didn't sign up for. I'm outta here. Got my ammo and supplies and squad car. As far as I'm concerned, the city can take care of itself.

Look I don't care about your wife and kid. I'm not surprised they're surround by zombies. There's zombies everywhere.

You're kidding. Don't tell me you don't even have a gun.

All right, all right. Take this shotgun and let's go. I can't believe I'm doing this -- again.

"I shot the guy and he wouldn't stay down! Good thing the cameraman from COPS tripped."

17. TheDave (The Old Priest)

The Vatican is strangely silent, but they've always been a cautious bunch. I for one believe it's all the work of Satan. When we see such dark wonders, we question our faith. We see rotted bodies shambling around, and wonder where is the Lord? This is humankind's greatest test -- we must strive to be worthy.

We fail to realize that He is beside us, as always. You may laugh but I have seen with my own eyes as I have called forth fire to burn the monstrosities and healed the suffering.

And it's done wonders for sermon attendance, let me tell you.

"The Lord is my point man, I shall not be in want."

20. Arkansas Bronco (The Mad Scientist)

Of course, only a small portion of humankind can be saved from the proposed nuclear winter. The appendix breaks down the recommended sectors of society. I am sure that general agreement may be had in this forum on targeting those in the top 10% IQ and supermodels. Naturally, others may be harder to convince.

"In the end, cold hard science will get us out of this."

22. Smalltowngirl (The Co-Ed Science Major/Goth Girl)

"God this sucks . . . there's like a billion zombies and not like one vampire."

http://www.allflesh.com/
Old 03-08-2006, 03:43 PM   #1421
bfoflcommish
Time for Broncos Football

GO..........BRONCOS

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Steve Atwater

bfoflcommish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 03:43 PM   #1422
BMF Bronco
Offseason sucks...

Adopt-a-Bronco:
ME

Quote:
Found some stuff to help some of you with your roles ...

1. BMF Bronco (The Cub Reporter)

I thought that for as long as the crisis lasted, I could write about it. At first, I worked for a paper, but the building got overrun. We moved to a copy store, but in six months that was gone. Then we found a library with a working phone line and started posting information on the newsgroup alt.conspiracy.zombie.menace.

Now, most of the staff is gone from flesh-eaters, looters and trigger-happy GIs. I guess it's just as well. I can't write anymore. I'm burnt out. It's hard to keep going when you're part of the endangered species.

"Why am I taking notes? Someday these corpses are going to be put back in the ground. When that happens, I'm gonna be the first person to tell the story. If that ain't worth a Pulitzer, I don't know what is."

3. Majikman7 (The Guy Everyone Knows Will Get Killed)

5. bfoflcommish (The Big Dumb Jock)

Feel the burn is a cliche now. Jeez, I hear them using it as a joke on sitcoms. Thing is, if you're serious -- I mean really serious about working out -- you really do feel the burn. Your body pays you back for treating it right by giving you this high that no amount of pot, beer or hostess fruit pies can match.

Of course, it's much harder to stick to a schedule now. We're always moving, always looking out for food, ammo and defensible shelter. So I have this rule, every night, no matter where we make camp, I do a full set of reps before I eat or turn in.

The others think I'm nuts. The minute they can let their guard down, they booze it up and east like pigs. They tell me to relax, that the world has changed and we all have to change with it. There are no more supermodels and singles bars, there's just groups of scarred, dirty, terrified people trying to make it through another day.

"A blow to head! The pussface goes down! The crowd goes wild! He swings, he scores again! Bring it on, you lame-ass pukes!"

6. 24champbailey (Skippy, the Wonder Dog)

Bark. Bark, bark!

7. hotrod (The Babysitter's Boyfriend)

"I had to choose, save my girlfriend or my Dr. Who collection. I know Jenny would have understood. The survivors will thank me when it's all over."

15. DomCasual (The Sheriff)

Fine. I took the oath, I did the job. I worked my butt off to take care of my buddies, and make my family proud.

But zombies? ****ing zombies, I didn't sign up for. I'm outta here. Got my ammo and supplies and squad car. As far as I'm concerned, the city can take care of itself.

Look I don't care about your wife and kid. I'm not surprised they're surround by zombies. There's zombies everywhere.

You're kidding. Don't tell me you don't even have a gun.

All right, all right. Take this shotgun and let's go. I can't believe I'm doing this -- again.

"I shot the guy and he wouldn't stay down! Good thing the cameraman from COPS tripped."

17. TheDave (The Old Priest)

The Vatican is strangely silent, but they've always been a cautious bunch. I for one believe it's all the work of Satan. When we see such dark wonders, we question our faith. We see rotted bodies shambling around, and wonder where is the Lord? This is humankind's greatest test -- we must strive to be worthy.

We fail to realize that He is beside us, as always. You may laugh but I have seen with my own eyes as I have called forth fire to burn the monstrosities and healed the suffering.

And it's done wonders for sermon attendance, let me tell you.

"The Lord is my point man, I shall not be in want."

20. Arkansas Bronco (The Mad Scientist)

Of course, only a small portion of humankind can be saved from the proposed nuclear winter. The appendix breaks down the recommended sectors of society. I am sure that general agreement may be had in this forum on targeting those in the top 10% IQ and supermodels. Naturally, others may be harder to convince.

"In the end, cold hard science will get us out of this."

22. Smalltowngirl (The Co-Ed Science Major/Goth Girl)

"God this sucks . . . there's like a billion zombies and not like one vampire."

http://www.allflesh.com/
damn right (I think)
Old 03-08-2006, 03:48 PM   #1423
BMF Bronco
Offseason sucks...

Adopt-a-Bronco:
ME

come on people, i need 8 more until 2k!
Old 03-08-2006, 03:49 PM   #1424
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMF Bronco
damn you're old.
Nope really they played those old flicks for a long time in the 70s.
Old 03-08-2006, 03:51 PM   #1425
BMF Bronco
Offseason sucks...

Adopt-a-Bronco:
ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronx33
Nope really they played those old flicks for a long time in the 70s.
I know, I remember them ass well, you could actually see the string the rocket was flying on.