The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Ring of Fame Threads
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-06-2006, 02:13 PM   #301
Old Dude
Super Moderator

Consultant

This may shock some of you, but I haven't yet received a single vote for round two.
Old Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 02:16 PM   #302
BMF Bronco
Offseason sucks...

Adopt-a-Bronco:
ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Dude
This may shock some of you, but I haven't yet received a single vote for round two.
everyone is plotting!
BMF Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 02:35 PM   #303
Old Dude
Super Moderator

Consultant

I probably better cover an issue here, before things get too twisted.

It's possible that either 24champ or dagmar or both will simply not show up for round two. In that event, the automatic elimination clause would kick in.

Any votes cast against them in this round would be legal votes.

But, what happens if one of them comes in here and formally announces his withdrawal from the game? Would he still be a legal target for this round?

And the same question could come up in future rounds with other players if they wind up withdrawing or missing a round somewhere down the line....

The answer is "Yes." Anyone who starts the round alive and in the game IS A LEGAL TARGET for the rest of that round even if they formally announce a withdrawal.

That's not a great way of dealing with things, but I've considered the alternative ways of approaching this, and they would even be worse.
Old 03-06-2006, 02:38 PM   #304
Rascal
RIP

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Turf

Quote:
I probably better cover an issue here, before things get too twisted.

It's possible that either 24champ or dagmar or both will simply not show up for round two. In that event, the automatic elimination clause would kick in.

Any votes cast against them in this round would be legal votes.

But, what happens if one of them comes in here and formally announces his withdrawal from the game? Would he still be a legal target for this round?

And the same question could come up in future rounds with other players if they wind up withdrawing or missing a round somewhere down the line....

The answer is "Yes." Anyone who starts the round alive and in the game IS A LEGAL TARGET for the rest of that round even if they formally announce a withdrawal.

That's not a great way of dealing with things, but I've considered the alternative ways of approaching this, and they would even be worse.
So if either of them in any future rounds doesn't show up then whoever was voted off by the majority is still alive? Hmmmm
Rascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 02:39 PM   #305
Old Dude
Super Moderator

Consultant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rascal
So if either of them in any future rounds doesn't show up then whoever was voted off by the majority is still alive? Hmmmm
No. That's not what I said.

The person who gets the majority vote always dies.
Old 03-06-2006, 02:45 PM   #306
Old Dude
Super Moderator

Consultant

The situation I'm talking about is this...

Let's say player X already has an asterisk beside his name, because he's missed an earlier round or he's cast an illegal vote or whatever. But he's only had one mistake, and he's still in the game in round 9, for example.

Voting then starts in Round 9, and after four votes are cast, it turns out that one of those votes is for player X - - and the other three are for someone else - - player Z.

Player X then shows up on the forum, before the voting is done, and says "I quit."

The player who already voted against player X that round doesn't get to re-vote. (Nor is he forced to re-vote, either.) The vote against X is simply considered a done deal, and because it was legal when it was done, it stands and counts, regardless of whether X claims he's still in the game.

What's more is that Player X continues to be a legal target until that round is over.

Last edited by Old Dude; 03-06-2006 at 02:49 PM..
Old 03-06-2006, 02:47 PM   #307
ludo21
RIP Darrent Williams

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Paul Ernster

so if player X doesnt vote again, he is auto eliminated.

Then in that same round the person with the most votes is also booted.
ludo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 02:48 PM   #308
Old Dude
Super Moderator

Consultant

Exactly. If it turns out that player Z got the most votes, and that player X, true to his word, did not vote and elected to withdraw, then X is kicked out on the disqualification, and Z is killed by majority vote.

They'd both die.
Old 03-06-2006, 02:48 PM   #309
Mile High Shack
Ring of Famer

Cock-a-doodle-do

Quote:
Exactly. If it turns out that player Z got the most votes, and that player X, true to his word, did not vote and elected to withdraw, then X is kicked out on the disqualification, and Z is killed by majority vote.

They'd both die.
not just die

but disembowled by the zombie at the kaybee toys
Mile High Shack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 02:49 PM   #310
Rascal
RIP

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Turf

Quote:

They'd both die.
Excellent. The bloodier the better.
Old 03-06-2006, 02:54 PM   #311
Hotrod
Self Appointed Expert

aka Dortoh

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Miss I

Quote:
The situation I'm talking about is this...

Let's say player X already has an asterisk beside his name, because he's missed an earlier round or he's cast an illegal vote or whatever. But he's only had one mistake, and he's still in the game in round 9, for example.

Voting then starts in Round 9, and after four votes are cast, it turns out that one of those votes is for player X - - and the other three are for someone else - - player Z.

Player X then shows up on the forum, before the voting is done, and says "I quit."

The player who already voted against player X that round doesn't get to re-vote. (Nor is he forced to re-vote, either.) The vote against X is simply considered a done deal, and because it was legal when it was done, it stands and counts, regardless of whether X claims he's still in the game.

What's more is that Player X continues to be a legal target until that round is over.
Thats all good and everything but have you thought about how that would affect player Y since he may have wanted to vote for player W but then realized Player M is a better target.
Hotrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 02:56 PM   #312
Old Dude
Super Moderator

Consultant

The difference between being killed by majority vote and committing hari-kari by missing votes (or withdrawing) is that the guy who got murdered gets to come back with a vengeance for the one round following his death, and also gets to sit on the final jury (if he chooses).

The ones who commit "rules suicide" just wither away. They don't get payback attacks, and they don't get to be on the jury. (Though, like anyone else, they can vote in the public poll at the end).
Old 03-06-2006, 02:57 PM   #313
Old Dude
Super Moderator

Consultant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotrod
Thats all good and everything but have you thought about how that would affect player Y since he may have wanted to vote for player W but then realized Player M is a better target.
Yes, I thought about that. But if I go that route, it gets too complicated, so I'm not going to do it that way.
Old 03-06-2006, 03:02 PM   #314
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

but what happens to player Q and player F in this?
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 03:05 PM   #315
Old Dude
Super Moderator

Consultant

Bottom line -

There are some advantages to voting against people with asterisks. (Who I prefer to think of as the weak, the sickly, and the small.)

If they don't show up, then you managed to cast an aggressive, legal vote, without P.O.ing anybody important, because your victim can't come back and get you later. (Except maybe in your conscience)

On the other hand, if you are playing this game with an "attack" philosophy, then you might not want to waste your energy on the "weak and defenseless" - - instead, you might want to use your vote to try to get rid of someone who poses a bigger present threat to yourself.

Just depends how you want to approach the game.

It's pretty evil, either way, I guess.
Old 03-06-2006, 03:06 PM   #316
Dagmar
...there ain't no devil

..there's just God when he's drunk.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tim Tebow

I thought round 1 vote was today!!!! AAAAAAAAARGH! I'm gonna have to read this whole thread. I'm sorry guys. I'm so so screwed.
Dagmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 03:06 PM   #317
Rascal
RIP

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Turf

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life
but what happens to player Q and player F in this?
Q was F()cked by F earlier, and F was sh()tted on by S as revenge.
Old 03-06-2006, 03:06 PM   #318
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

ok we have a Queef fan in the house, all of the Natty light is gone.
Old 03-06-2006, 03:07 PM   #319
Rascal
RIP

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Turf

Quote:
Bottom line -

There are some advantages to voting against people with asterisks. (Who I prefer to think of as the weak, the sickly, and the small.)

If they don't show up, then you managed to cast an aggressive, legal vote, without P.O.ing anybody important, because your victim can't come back and get you later. (Except maybe in your conscience)

On the other hand, if you are playing this game with an "attack" philosophy, then you might not want to waste your energy on the "weak and defenseless" - - instead, you might want to use your vote to try to get rid of someone who poses a bigger present threat to yourself.

Old 03-06-2006, 03:08 PM   #320
Old Dude
Super Moderator

Consultant

Okay Dagmar, welcome to the show.

The good news is that you are still alive. The bad news is that you have one asterisk against you, so if you miss any more rounds, you'd be disqualified.

Everyone gets one free mistake.

Yours has been used.
Old 03-06-2006, 03:08 PM   #321
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rascal
Q was F()cked by F earlier, and F was sh()tted on by S as revenge.
I thought F smelled of crap.
Old 03-06-2006, 03:10 PM   #322
Crushaholic
Armchair Poster

Get off my lawn, you kids!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Isaiah Burse

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life
I thought F smelled of crap.
F was paired with U to make some beautiful music...
Crushaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 03:43 PM   #323
Dagmar
...there ain't no devil

..there's just God when he's drunk.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tim Tebow

Quote:
Okay Dagmar, welcome to the show.

The good news is that you are still alive. The bad news is that you have one asterisk against you, so if you miss any more rounds, you'd be disqualified.

Everyone gets one free mistake.

Yours has been used.
Damn. sorry folks. BAck now.
Dagmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 04:03 PM   #324
Old Dude
Super Moderator

Consultant

Quote:
Bottom line -

In addition to the "Brutal" evil and the "Oppressive" evil, there is one more evil strategy that I've seen - - the incompetent bureaucratic evil. This strategy consists of play that is very aggressive on its face, except for one thing. The objective is to never actually make an enemy by hurting anyone. Instead, you try to figure out who is least likely to get killed in a given round- - and vote for them. This sometimes has the appearance of total futility and incompetence, but it is actually quite an art. The danger, of course, is in voting against someoe who holds grudges or who is a little too paranoid. Because they'll hate you even if you weren't trying to kill them.

And, unfortunately, that's almost everyone.
Old 03-06-2006, 04:03 PM   #325
Mile High Shack
Ring of Famer

Cock-a-doodle-do

Quote:
In addition to the "Brutal" evil and the "Oppressive" evil, there is one more evil strategy that I've seen - - the incompetent bureaucratic evil. This strategy consists of play that is very aggressive on its face, except for one thing. The objective is to never actually make an enemy by hurting anyone. Instead, you try to figure out who is least likely to get killed in a given round- - and vote for them. This sometimes has the appearance of total futility and incompetence, but it is actually quite an art. The danger, of course, is in voting against someoe who holds grudges or who is a little too paranoid. Because they'll hate you even if you weren't trying to kill them.

And, unfortunately, that's almost everyone.
that happened to me in season 1
Mile High Shack is offline   Reply With Quote