The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Ring of Fame Threads
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-14-2006, 03:38 PM   #2951
Hotrod
Self Appointed Expert

aka Dortoh

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Miss I

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Dude
BTW, when a bomb goes off somewhere, you will all be able to figure out when it was planted by virtue of the size of the blast.

But I will not reveal who set it, so if you want to express outrage and surprise after it explodes, feel free.
You mean try to hide the fact you may have been the one who set the bomb in the first place. Who would do such a thing
Hotrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 03:38 PM   #2952
BIM
Hello from Montucky!!

Quote:
BTW, when a bomb goes off somewhere, you will all be able to figure out when it was planted by virtue of the size of the blast.

But I will not reveal who set it, so if you want to express outrage and surprise after it explodes, feel free.

Of course, you can also bluff people about setting bombs, but that only works for so long ...
Can us Zombie folk blow things up?
BIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 03:41 PM   #2953
Old Dude
Super Moderator

Consultant

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIM
Can us Zombie folk blow things up?
Sadly, no.

But you can probably kill someone in the act of doing it. Think of yourselves as an anti-terrorist squad.
Old Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 04:01 PM   #2954
Old Dude
Super Moderator

Consultant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mediator12
... So, the zombie just piles on votes to the highest vote getter and whoever is stupid enough to be standing next to them unless tied? Wow. Just Wow!
But there's another hitch. Let's say it looks like this:

Food Court: A, B, C
Housewares: D

Let's say that it's the round when the Zombie bomb goes off. And let's also say that in this round 3 votes are going to A, 2 votes to B, 1 vote to C, and 5 votes to D.

D has the most votes, but the Zombie won't go to Housewares to explode, because a total of 6 votes that round have been shot over to the Food Court.

So it would go over to the Food Court and blow up A, B & C.

Either way, the moral of the story is that it's probably best to avoid locations that could be construed as "target rich."
Old 03-14-2006, 04:01 PM   #2955
OldDudetheYounger
"Cleaner" for Survivor IV

Remember, darkness can be your friend.

Got some blowhard in your alliance who is getting on your nerves? Now is your chance to backstab the bastage without exposing your act!

Want to pick off someone in an opposing alliance but couldn't talk anyone in that alliance to defect? Now is your chance!
OldDudetheYounger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 04:03 PM   #2956
Old Dude
Super Moderator

Consultant

What ODY is tring to say ...

BLUE LIGHT SPECIAL ON BACKSTABS
Old 03-14-2006, 04:05 PM   #2957
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldDudetheYounger

Got some blowhard in your alliance who is getting on your nerves? Now is your chance to backstab the bastage without exposing your act!

Want to pick off someone in an opposing alliance but couldn't talk anyone in that alliance to defect? Now is your chance!

When the lights are out is going to be a good time to see if you have a balls, they sure as he11 didn't look when the lights were on.
Bronx33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 04:11 PM   #2958
Hotrod
Self Appointed Expert

aka Dortoh

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Miss I

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldDudetheYounger

talk about a trouble maker
Old 03-14-2006, 04:38 PM   #2959
Old Dude
Super Moderator

Consultant

20,666 We are within range of the word association thread, but we'll need a good strong end to the week.
Old 03-14-2006, 04:39 PM   #2960
Hotrod
Self Appointed Expert

aka Dortoh

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Miss I

Quote:
20,666 We are within range of the word association thread, but we'll need a good strong end to the week.
Ill see what I can do
Old 03-14-2006, 04:43 PM   #2961
Old Dude
Super Moderator

Consultant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotrod
Ill see what I can do

Where the heck is MT?

You don't suppose she's really that Garik dude dooya?
Old 03-14-2006, 05:55 PM   #2962
ludo21
RIP Darrent Williams

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Paul Ernster

Quote:
What ODY is tring to say ...

BLUE LIGHT SPECIAL ON BACKSTABS

OD created this game for his own sick pleasure, remind me why im playing again?
ludo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 07:41 PM   #2963
Old Dude
Super Moderator

Consultant

Quote:
Originally Posted by ludo21
OD created this game for his own sick pleasure, remind me why im playing again?

To make it this far so you could blow things up?

(Actually, I doubt that there will be any backstabbing in the next couple of rounds. All the players are far too stable and loyal to one another to even think about stuff like that ... for awhile.)
Old 03-14-2006, 07:52 PM   #2964
Rascal
RIP

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Turf

Quote:
But there's another hitch. Let's say it looks like this:

Food Court: A, B, C
Housewares: D

Let's say that it's the round when the Zombie bomb goes off. And let's also say that in this round 3 votes are going to A, 2 votes to B, 1 vote to C, and 5 votes to D.

D has the most votes, but the Zombie won't go to Housewares to explode, because a total of 6 votes that round have been shot over to the Food Court.

So it would go over to the Food Court and blow up A, B & C.

Either way, the moral of the story is that it's probably best to avoid locations that could be construed as "target rich."
Yeah that's cool and what not but the chances of hitting a room with people in it in later rounds is not very likely. IMO there are too many rooms.
Rascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 07:58 PM   #2965
smalltowngrll
Orange

Blue

Adopt-a-Bronco:
dortoh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rascal
Yeah that's cool and what not but the chances of hitting a room with people in it in later rounds is not very likely. IMO there are too many rooms.

But it's just fun to watch things explode....
smalltowngrll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 10:22 PM   #2966
OBF1
Ring of Famer

No avatar is the new avatar

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None are worthy

Man this next round it tough... Good luck to all.
OBF1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 10:32 PM   #2967
Old Dude
Super Moderator

Consultant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rascal
I guess we'll just have to see what happens.
Old 03-15-2006, 12:10 AM   #2968
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

man I left a bomb in the bathroom stay out of there
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 05:07 AM   #2969
Old Dude
Super Moderator

Consultant

Round eight is underway.

The deadline is Noon.
Old 03-15-2006, 05:09 AM   #2970
Old Dude
Super Moderator

Consultant

Quote:
RULES FOR ROUND EIGHT

This is a blackout round. Round Nine will also be a blackout round.

In a blackout round, just PM me with your actions, as usual, and please try to be specific.

At the end of a blackout round, only the damage (vote) totals will be posted. I will NOT post anything about who exactly voted for who or whether anyone was playing dead or building bombs, etc.

ONLY THE DAMAGE TOTALS WILL BE POSTED. PLUS, OF COURSE, ANYONE WHO HAS BEEN DISQUALIFIED OR EARNED AN ASTERISK.

Now, you may be able to figure all of this out by yourselves. Or at least some of it. For example, if one of our killer zombies tries to hit someone, and later sees that the person received no damage - - or less than expected - - then the zombie will know that the target was playing dead. But most of you wonít know, until after the game is completely over, who was doing what this round.

Thatís why we call it a blackout round.

Two killer zombies are loose this round: BIM and 24Champbailey, and each one of them can cast three votes in vengeance. Thatís all they can do. They canít build bombs or call the cops or whatnot. I guess they could play dead if they wanted.

Any player can choose to play dead this round, and playing dead will protect that player from all killer zombie votes. If you choose to play dead, you cannot vote, you cannot move, you cannot rig zombie bombs, and you cannot set time bombs. All you can do is to lay there and act like a stiff. If you want to play dead, YOU MUST PM ME with that choice. Playing dead will not protect you from the votes of other living players.

This is a single elimination round so every player gets only one vote this round.

You can (1) cast your vote against another player; or (2) choose to play dead, or (3) build a time bomb, or (4) rig a suicide zombie bomb.

The store is divided into the following eight general areas.

FOOD COURT (taco bell pays a lot of tribute to Wal-Mart to have a store here)
FABRICS (includes clothing, shoes, etc. also cheap jewelry)
ELECTRONICS (all that good stuff; includes the quick-photo dept.)
HOUSEWARES (includes paint, knives, blenders and all kinds of dangerous stuff)
SPORTING GOODS
TOYS & AUTOMOTIVE
HEALTH & BEAUTY (includes the pharmacy)
CUSTOMER SERVICE (includes the restroom area, complaint desk, and main office)

The Warehouse, Grocery Section, Lawn & Garden Department and all other areas have already been overrun and looted by zombies. They are off limits and no one can move there. Anyone who tries to move to an off-limits area will be deemed to remain where they started the round.

You are all in some location, previously noted in the results for Round 7. Any player who wants to move to one of the other seven locations may do so by PM-ing me with the new location along with their vote that turn. Like votes, movement cannot be changed once it is made. Locations will be noted at the end of the round, just like votes. You can move to a different location the following round. Locations will not be broadcast at the end of blackout rounds. There is no limit to the number of players in any given location.

WHY IS LOCATION IMPORTANT?

Because of the bombs.

BUILDING TIME BOMBS

Starting THIS ROUND, you have another legal voting option. Instead of (1) voting directly against someone, or (2) playing dead, you can (3) build and set a time bomb (or a suicide zombie bomb ... see below).

Itís very simple. Just PM me to tell me in which one of the ten locations you have chosen to plant the time bomb, and what future round you have set it to go off.

The longer the fuse burns, the bigger the blast. (This is cartoon physics, of course)

If the bomb goes off one round later, it causes two votes of damage to everyone in the designated area.

Two rounds = 4 votes

Three rounds = 6 votes

Four rounds = 8 votes

Five rounds = 10 votes

And so on. You get the picture.

Donít set your fuse for too long, or the game might be over before you get your jollies.

You can set as many bombs as you please, and you can even put multiple bombs in a single location, but you can only set one bomb per turn.

You do not have to be in the location where you set the bomb. (Itís assumed that you have plenty of chances to wander around the store between rounds.) If you are in the area where the bomb goes off, when it goes off, you take damage just like everyone else.

If you set a time bomb to go off in the future and are killed before it goes off, the bomb still kepps ticking and will explode on whatever turn it was originally set. In other words, your death will not stop your time bomb from going off as originally planned.

Once you have set the timer, it cannot be changed.

If two bombs go off in the same round in the same location, the damage adds together.

And Yes, in Rounds when the lights are on, it will be reported at the end of the round that you were dabbling with chemicals.

RIGGING SUICIDE ZOMBIE BOMBERS.

This is just like a regular time bomb, except as follows:

First off, zombies donít usually stand still when bombs get strapped to them, so strapping a time bomb to a zombie will result in one immediate vote of ďdamageĒ to yourself.

NOTE: we are not talking about ďex-player zombiesĒ here. You cannot tie bombs to ex-player zombies. These are just your ordinary generic zombies.

Once the bomb is rigged, the zombie will not just stand there. He will generally follow his instincts to seek out the location with the most action. This is defined as whatever location is occupied by persons receiving the most cumulative votes that round.

For example, if Bob and George are in the Food Court, and each gets hit by two adverse votes that round, the Suicide Zombie will wander over there, instead of going after Susan over in Health & Beauty even if Susan got hit with three adverse votes that round

If locations are seeing an equal amount of backstabbing action, the suicide Zombie will head to the one with the most people in it.

If that is also tied, it will seek out the location occupied by the most injured (scarred) player. If that is also tied, it goes onto the next most beat-up guy and so on. If everything is completely tied, it scratches its head and blows up harmlessly.

The one big disadvantage to using a Suicide Zombie Bomber is that if an opponent is "playing dead" he will take only one vote of damage from the Zombie, no matter how long the fuse has been burning. I don't know why it works this way, it just does.

Good luck!

Just to refresh...
Old 03-15-2006, 05:10 AM   #2971
Old Dude
Super Moderator

Consultant

Quote:
Scar & Status Update

1. BMF Bronco..............Killed in Round 4.
2. BIM.........................Killed in Round 7, Undead and Seeking Vengeance
3. Majikman7................Killed in Round 1.
4. heydensmom.............Killed in Round 2.
5. bfoflcommish.............Killed in Round 5.
6. *24champbailey........Killed in Round 7, Undead and Seeking Vengeance
7. hotrod.....................alive xxxxxxx (7 scars)
8. **missingnumber7.....Disqualified in Round 7.
9. ludo21.....................alive and untouched
10. DBroncos4life..........Killed in Round 3.
11. minibronco.............alive x (1 scar)
12. Ratboy..................alive and untouched
13. Bronx33.................Killed in Round 6.
14. *Dagmar................alive and untouched
15. DomCasual.............alive xx (2 scars)
16. Great13.................alive x (1 scar)
17. TheDave................alive xxxxxxxxxxxx (12 scars)
18. rascal....................alive xxxxxxxx (8 scars)
19. Mile High Shack...... alive and untouched
20. Arkansas Bronco......alive xxxxxxxxxx (10 scars)
21. Mediator12.............alive xxxxxxxxxxxx (12 scars)
22. Smalltowngirl..........alive xx (2 scars)

Bump.
Old 03-15-2006, 05:16 AM   #2972
Old Dude
Super Moderator

Consultant

Bump.
Old 03-15-2006, 05:52 AM   #2973
heydensmom
I'm Jack Bauer!

Quote:

Bump.
You know what I find interesting about that....is only my revenge votes made a difference.
heydensmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 06:05 AM   #2974
Old Dude
Super Moderator

Consultant

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life
man I left a bomb in the bathroom stay out of there
That was such a clever idea, that I'm going to adopt a variation of it.

ZOMBIE STENCH

As you all know, there has been a lot of complaining about "revenge" zombies getting too proportionately powerful, as more and more players get knocked off.

From my standpoint, there's nothing terribly wrong with that.

But, just to keep people happy, starting in ROUND 12 (next Tuesday) one-third of each killer zombie's revenge attack will be in the form of a "Stench" which the zombie can target at any single area in the store.

In other words, if we have a zombie who rises in Round 12, or anytime thereafter, and said Zombie gets three votes, only two of the votes can be specifically cast at a target player. The other vote will be in the form of a small stink bomb, doing 1 vote against anyone in a targeted area. The zombie may choose any of the eight areas to target with the stink bomb. If the zombie fails to choose a target area, or fails to vote at all, the 1-vote stink bomb will go off in the location where the revenge zombie was originally killed.

In the event that we have a super-charged zombie with 6 votes (as the result of being the only zombie to appear in a double elimination round, the zombie will get 4 regular votes and 2 stench votes.

This will tone down zombie revenge a little bit, but it will smell the place up.

I hope you are all happy now.
Old 03-15-2006, 06:17 AM   #2975
Mediator12
OM analyst

Quanterus Smith was MY freakin Pick

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

I soo love the dark! It is a good excuse to keep bumping into smalltown.
Mediator12 is offline   Reply With Quote