The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion > NFL Draft Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 02-07-2006, 08:46 AM   #151
-Slap-
Ring of Famer

With the 11th pick in the Orange Mane Draft, the St Louis Rams select CB/S Jimmy Williams from Virginia Tech.

The Rams need help on defense badly and whether Williams turns out to be a CB or safety, he should start immediately. He has a reputation as a trash talker. Normally I don't care for this, but the Rams defense was so passive last year, they could use a holler guy.

February 7th, 6:45 AM PST.
-Slap- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 08:55 AM   #152
Rascal
RIP

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Turf

Wow Jimmy Williams over Michael Huff. Huff and Archelletta would have been an impressive combo. Good pick though as it did need to be addressed.
Rascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 09:00 AM   #153
PortisFanForever
Solid Starter

Default I wont take that long with the Browns pick

I know everyone is getting tired of people taking forever to make their picks so I'll give it to 2pm Eastern to see if any trade offers come back to me.

So by 2 or 2:30pm, I'll either accept a trade or make my pick so we can keep the ball rolling

Joey
PortisFanForever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 09:20 AM   #154
SpringStein
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rascal
Wow Jimmy Williams over Michael Huff. Huff and Archelletta would have been an impressive combo. Good pick though as it did need to be addressed.
Huff was already selected by the Bills.
SpringStein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 09:21 AM   #155
Rascal
RIP

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Turf

Doh!!
Old 02-07-2006, 09:54 AM   #156
Broncoman13
Broncoholic

JT #80

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Orange Julius

Quote:
Originally Posted by PortisFanForever
I know everyone is getting tired of people taking forever to make their picks so I'll give it to 2pm Eastern to see if any trade offers come back to me.

So by 2 or 2:30pm, I'll either accept a trade or make my pick so we can keep the ball rolling

Joey

The Faiders are interested in moving up to the bottom of the first round. Whoever has picks 24-32, please PM me if you're interested in the Faiders 2nd (#37) and the Faiders 3rd (69 or so). If it's pick 30, 31, or 32 I will send my 2nd and 4th rounders. I also would consider sending my 2nd and 3rd for your 1st and 4th (for picks 30-32).
Broncoman13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 09:58 AM   #157
-Slap-
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rascal
I pretty much had to address the secondary with this pick. The Rams are terrible at CB and they still might lose Archuleta as a free agent. Fortunately, Williams can probably play CB or safety. I might even come back with another CB in round two.
-Slap- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 10:04 AM   #158
watermock
"Hoodie Jr"

"Hug me!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life
Maryland
BrainFart...carry on
watermock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 12:13 PM   #159
Mediator12
OM analyst

Roby AND Latimer?Who the Hell Knew?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Slap-
I pretty much had to address the secondary with this pick. The Rams are terrible at CB and they still might lose Archuleta as a free agent. Fortunately, Williams can probably play CB or safety. I might even come back with another CB in round two.
This is another deep DB draft. Some great value again in rounds two and three. 7 pages of official draft picks for 11 selections Hopefully I get to pick before the weekend!
Mediator12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 12:49 PM   #160
PortisFanForever
Solid Starter

Default With the 12th pick in the 2006 NFL Draft.....

The Cleveland Browns select

Chad Greenway LB Iowa

A great athlete, who makes plays all over the field. Is an intelligent player, and is definitely one of the best linebackers in the nation.

Compared to Brian Urlacher.

The Browns really wanted Ngata or Hali because their biggest need is a DT/DE but with both of them gone we looked to our second biggest need at LB

Chaun Thompson has shown improvement, but the fact that he is their second best LB is a bit scary. They could use help both inside and outside, as Matt Stewart (outside) and Ben Taylor (inside) both shouldn't be starting.

The addition of Greenway, will bring both intensity and leadership to a shaky linebacker core.

Although, grabbing Lendale White did cross my mind, the DEF needed to be addressed first and OL and a offensive playmaker help can be addressed in Round 2 or 3

The RAVENS and Mr. Peepers are now on the clock...

Time is 1:46pm Eastern time..
Old 02-07-2006, 02:25 PM   #161
watermock
"Hoodie Jr"

"Hug me!"

Greenway will be a fine lB and i coveted him. he is right in the gradishar/meck/urlacher mold and could be moved inside. I was looking at taking the Hawkeye at 17 but didn't think he would get there...LB is still a Viking need a typicaly poor performance by the D in Hornhead land. i think Davis will be an all-pro...Greenway will be solid.

in the actual draft, expect the HornHeads to jump on him if he's there at 17. I had him slotted to me but SoCal made me an offer I couldn't refuse.
watermock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 02:41 PM   #162
PortisFanForever
Solid Starter

Default I agree

I agree with you watermock about Vernon Davis.. I think the guy is going to be a monster.

I hope he doesnt go to the Rams though cause then he might get lost in their mix of offensive weapons.. He would prob be a monster on the Panthers but there is no way he lasts that long. Bears wouldnt be a bad place for him either.

Opinion: Since you grabbed him with the Vikes.. In your opinion, do you think Wiggins's days are numbered there Wiggins seems to catch a ton of balls for them. I might be mistaken but I think Wiggins was their leading reciever 2 years straight.
Old 02-07-2006, 07:35 PM   #163
MrPeepers
Ring of Famer

Remember Darrent

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TBD

The Ravens trade the 13th pick to Arkansas Bronco, for the 29th and 41st Overall pick.
MrPeepers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 07:38 PM   #164
Mr. Trout
World Champion

I think I can guess who he wants and it would have been a steal at 14.
Mr. Trout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 08:01 PM   #165
Arkansas Bronco
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ryan Clady

The Arizona Cardinals Select Jay Cutler, Qb, Vanderbilt

The cards need help in several areas but i had to pull the trigger and try to take theeir Qb of the future. The kid has a good strong arm, can pull it down and scramble, pretty good acc., and is a proven pocket passer. I think give him a year and mix him in with the Zona rec. and it will be a strong off.
Arkansas Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 08:07 PM   #166
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

The Cardinals pick was made at 7:01 PST/ 8:01 Rocky Mtn/9:01 CST/ 10:01 EST P.M. on Feb 7th. Philly (Mr. Trout) at no. 14 is on the clock.
Old 02-07-2006, 08:08 PM   #167
Arkansas Bronco
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ryan Clady

oh sorry about that Ive had a few already and I kind of forgot to post my time.
Old 02-07-2006, 08:45 PM   #168
Rascal
RIP

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Turf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkansas_Bronco
The Arizona Cardinals Select Jay Cutler, Qb, Vanderbilt

The cards need help in several areas but i had to pull the trigger and try to take theeir Qb of the future. The kid has a good strong arm, can pull it down and scramble, pretty good acc., and is a proven pocket passer. I think give him a year and mix him in with the Zona rec. and it will be a strong off.
Wow, kind of suprised you didn't get a RB.
Old 02-07-2006, 08:56 PM   #169
Mr. Trout
World Champion

The draft card is in. With the #14 pick the Philadelphia Eagles select.

Mathias Kiwanuka, DE, Boston College
6'7", 261 lbs.

The best value on the board was Deangelo Williams and LenDale White but Philly has their RB in Brian Westbrook. A redzone RB will be probably be addressed later in the draft. LB and WR are also needs for Philly but I didn't see the value in the first round. Kiwi had rough practices at the Senior Bowl and was unable to play in the actual game. If not for this he would have been a top ten pick. Kiwi will be an upgrade over Trent Cole at the RDE position. He will have to prove that he can hold up against the run in the pros but is a beast at rushing the passer and his height will allow him to bat down passes. Would have taken a strong look at Chad Greenway here if the Browns would not have snatched him up.
Old 02-07-2006, 08:57 PM   #170
Mr. Trout
World Champion

Pick made at 8:55 pm, Central Standard Time.
Old 02-07-2006, 08:58 PM   #171
Arkansas Bronco
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ryan Clady

Trust me I wanted too but I had to take the last of the Qb's that I beleve to be able to pick up and produce in the NFL. Cause i know this that Kurt Warner will never be that person for the Card's.
Old 02-07-2006, 09:08 PM   #172
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Trust me I wanted too but I had to take the last of the Qb's that I beleve to be able to pick up and produce in the NFL. Cause i know this that Kurt Warner will never be that person for the Card's.
Really? Charile Whitehurst looked much better during the senior bowl then he did. Not saying its a bad pick, because I believe the Cards will in fact draft him
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 09:21 PM   #173
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

FADERPROOF with the Falcons is now on the clock.
Old 02-07-2006, 09:22 PM   #174
Arkansas Bronco
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ryan Clady

It is realy hard to crit. someone after one week of practice and learning your new wr's. You are right and he did look better but i have watched several vandy games (Since i live in where SEC games are on all the time) and he was very good in his system (damn sorry i cant spell at this point). But he is a hell of alot better then Whitehurts. He has a hell of alot more arm and i realy dont see him sliding past Oak. in the draft.
Old 02-07-2006, 09:33 PM   #175
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
It is realy hard to crit. someone after one week of practice and learning your new wr's. You are right and he did look better but i have watched several vandy games (Since i live in where SEC games are on all the time) and he was very good in his system (damn sorry i cant spell at this point). But he is a hell of alot better then Whitehurts. He has a hell of alot more arm and i realy dont see him sliding past Oak. in the draft.
While I agree with you on some of your points,(stronger arm and all that other jazz) remember Whitehurst had equal amount of time to learn the new WRs during that week. I also said I think he is picked by the Cards for real, I was just pointing out that Whitehurst could be a good pick up for a team in the later rounds.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: