The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion > NFL Draft Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 02-10-2006, 08:43 PM   #251
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata

I seen him!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Trout
I think 2 will always be better than 1 in this deep draft.
You could be right, but I'm willing to gamble on greatness so long as it doesn't involve Terrell Owens.
Clockwork Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 09:05 PM   #252
Billy Clyde Puckett
Billy=Semi Tough Big Guy

Looking down on KC, SD and Oakland

Adopt-a-Bronco:
John Elway

Quote:
With the 26th pick the Eagles select Chad Jackson, WR, Florida.

The Eagles love to chuck the ball around and C-Jack is a playmaker. Good size, blazing speed, and good hands. I will go out on a limb and say that he will lead all rookie WR's in catches, yards, and TD's. He is an upgrade over Todd Pinkston who is more suited to a part time role. Jackson will compliment Reggie Brown well and give McNabb another prime target. There is a stigma about Florida WR's but I believe this guy will break that mold. After the combine, Jackson will be a LOCK to be taken in round 1.

Pick made at 7:12 pm CST.

Well Trout - You took my guy. Was saving this just for SoCal.

Last edited by Billy Clyde Puckett; 02-03-2007 at 11:59 AM..
Billy Clyde Puckett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 09:08 PM   #253
Billy Clyde Puckett
Billy=Semi Tough Big Guy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
John Elway

With the 26th Pick in the draft, the Carolina Panthers send their cheerleading squad to the podium and select:

Laurence Maroney - RB, Minnesota

Stephen Davis is done. Deshaun Foster is coming off a broken leg, is a FA and does not fit the Panther's system. Maroney is the replacement who will fill that spot for the next few years.

Last edited by Billy Clyde Puckett; 02-10-2006 at 09:23 PM..
Old 02-10-2006, 09:17 PM   #254
Mr. Trout
World Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Guy
Well Trout - You took my guy. Was saving this just for SoCal.

damn I guess my trade up worked. What is the icecreamheadguy for?
Mr. Trout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 09:17 PM   #255
Mr. Trout
World Champion

good pick with maroney though...he will get a lot of action if he goes to the panthers.
Old 02-10-2006, 09:24 PM   #256
Billy Clyde Puckett
Billy=Semi Tough Big Guy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
John Elway

Quote:
damn I guess my trade up worked. What is the icecreamheadguy for?

That's Mr. Softee.

SoCal has been calling Jackson Soft
Old 02-10-2006, 09:36 PM   #257
Mr. Trout
World Champion

Quote:
That's Mr. Softee.

He looks pretty strong to me. 88 catches is a hell of a lot for a college season.
Old 02-10-2006, 09:38 PM   #258
Mr. Trout
World Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life
hey trout, Im pretty sure Im not a liked person around here, but I think many can agree with me when I say its time you change your avatar. I love Knight Rider as much as the next guy and everthing but that is too much.

Is this pic better <----...What was Hoff thinking back in the day?
Old 02-10-2006, 09:59 PM   #259
Arkansas Bronco
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ryan Clady

Quote:
Is this pic better <----...What was Hoff thinking back in the day?
Dude is that how you wqant to be remebered? Like i said i usualy enjoy your posts but i want to log as soon as i see your av..
Arkansas Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 10:04 PM   #260
Mr. Trout
World Champion

alright in respect to everyone, I am getting rid of my Hoff pictures.
Old 02-10-2006, 10:08 PM   #261
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Arkie with the Jags is on the clock.
Old 02-10-2006, 10:09 PM   #262
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:
That's Mr. Softee.

It's true, he's a big time puss. He plays in Gainesville, but his Gator arms reputation is well deserved, independent of that.

Last edited by SoCalBronco; 02-10-2006 at 10:11 PM..
SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 10:12 PM   #263
Arkie
Ring of Famer

The f--- y'all motherf-ckas want?

With the 28th pick, the Jacksonville Jaguars select CB Antonio Cromartie from Florida St.

I was going to trade with the Jets (Rascal) and move down to 35, but somebody started a thread on my guy.

The Jags need a right corner to team up with Rasheed Mathis. Cromartie has the highest ceiling of all the corners in this draft. He gets to stay in Florida where he played HS and college. For the second straight year, the Jags take a big risk/reward player in the first round on sheer talent and measurables. He can be physical and can hang with any speed receiver.

10:12 PM CST

6'3", 210 lbs, 4.37 40

Positives
- Cromartie rivals Jimmy Williams as the top overall corner in the 2006 draft, and has the same elite size as Williams. With the advent of the bigger wide receiver in the NFL, teams are always looking for a bigger corner who can move fluidly, support the run, and not be a liability in pass coverage. Cromartie meets all of these requirements and then some. Is a superb tackler, but the best part of his game is his awareness of where he is on the field, where he needs to be to make a play on the ball, and where to position his body so as to cut off most throws. Cromartie is an excellent athlete who has a track background both in high school and at FSU, and he has the hands of a receiver, which even led to FSU utilizing him there in the spring. Cromartie is a big play waiting to happen both as a CB (4 ints in 2004 - 1 int. return for a TD; fumble return for a TD) and in the return game where he was in the top-5 in the ACC in both kickoff and punt return yards. He has surprisingly fluid hips for a corner of his size, and is strong in both zone and man coverage.

Weaknesses
- Of course the main concern with Cromartie is the fact that he tore his ACL during the summer of 2005 and subsequently missed all of the 2005 season. He surprisingly entered the draft (a la Willis McGahee) and any team drafting him will have to do a thorough evaluation of his knee. As a result of his knee injury, Cromartie lacks the playing time that the other top corners in the draft have. He has never been a full-time starter for an entire season, and while he has played in every game he was eligible for, his is short on starting experience.

Overall Analysis
- Had Cromartie not injured himself, he was already deemed a lock to enter the 2006 draft. His potential was and still remains amazing and he made the most of his time of the field. Good news on the injury front: Antonio was able to practice before the Orange Bowl and pleaded with coaches to let him play. His combine and pro-day workouts will have a lot to do with determining how good he is to go. Here is betting he does well in those workouts and will be the second or third corner off the board in the first round.

Last edited by Arkie; 02-10-2006 at 10:27 PM..
Arkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 10:15 PM   #264
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Baltimore and Mr. Peepers are on the clock.
Old 02-10-2006, 10:17 PM   #265
Mediator12
OM analyst

Roby AND Latimer?Who the Hell Knew?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Wow.

Excellent pick. Cromartie's status will probably improve in three weeks and this may be last draft he gets out of the top 10, let alone 15.

BAL is on the Clock!
Mediator12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 12:06 AM   #266
MrPeepers
Ring of Famer

Remember Darrent

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TBD

With the 29th Pick, the Baltimore Ravens pick Max Jean-Gilles

Kyle Boller came on strong at the end of 2005, and if he is to do anything in the NFL, not to mention the Ravens running game, they will need a talented body inside to assist Ogden.

Ht: 6-4 Wt: 340
Position: OL
Projected as: OG
Position Rank: 1
Date of Birth: 11/19/1983
Class: Senior
High School: North Miami Beach HS
(North Miami Beach, FL)
College: Georgia

Biography:
2005 - Georgia:
2002 -- Played in every game at OT for the Bulldogs.....actually started SEC Championship Game as a third tackle playing tight end....member of team that won Georgia's first SEC championship in 20 years, defeated FSU for Nokia Sugar Bowl title, set school record for most victories in a season (13), and finished with a final national ranking of No. 3......member of offensive line that paved way for the SEC's top scoring offense (32.14) and passing efficiency offense (138.91).
MrPeepers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 12:25 AM   #267
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata

I seen him!

That pick was made at 11:06 P.M. on February 10th.

Mediator12 (Indy) is on the clock.
Clockwork Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 09:47 AM   #268
Mediator12
OM analyst

Roby AND Latimer?Who the Hell Knew?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

With the 30th pick the Indianapolis Colts select:

Bobby Carpenter
OLB | (6'3", 254, 4.61) | OHIO STATE

Scouts Grade: 89

Flags: (D: DURABILITY) Player that can't stay healthy

Strengths: Is tall with good overall size and frame to get bigger. Has very good straight-line speed for his size. Shows very good fluidity for his size. Is at his best in the passing game and could fit best as a 3-4 OLB in the NFL as a result. Possesses the athletic ability and speed to match up very well in man-coverage. Shows very good instincts and range in zone coverage. Has developed into an effective pass rusher. Has good speed and closing burst to the QB. Showed an improved array of pass rush moves as a senior. He has good speed and closing burst when pursuing the run. Takes solid angles and will wrap up in space. Has continued to improve with each year of experience and still has a good deal of untapped potential if he can improve his technique and lower-body strength when taking on blocks at the LOS vs. the run. He is a tough and instinctive player. Has great intelligence and picks schemes/assignments up quickly. A hard worker on and off the field. No character issues. Has versatility because of experience at SLB and DE. Also has been a playmaker on special teams. Has the physical tools and mental toughness to contribute in that capacity in the NFL.

Weaknesses: Lacks explosive upper body strength. Plays a bit too high versus the run and can will lose his leverage when taking on blocks. Needs to improve his technique when stacking versus the run. Allows blockers to get into his body too often. Is big but lacks ideal lower body strength. Plays with a little bit too narrow of a base. Needs to improve his hand-usage and ability to disengage from blocks. Also lacks explosiveness as a tackler.

Overall: Carpenter played in all 14 games as a true freshman in 2002. He played in all 13 games as a backup linebacker during his sophomore season in 2003, finishing with 37 tackles. As a junior in 2004, Carpenter finished with 93 tackles, 6.5 tackles for loss, three interceptions and two sacks. Carpenter started all 11 games that he played as a senior in 2005 and finished with 49 tackles, 10.5 TFL and eight sacks. He was unable to play in the Fiesta Bowl versus Notre Dame because of a broken ankle injury he suffered in the first quarter versus Michigan. Carpenter is a bit of an underrated prospect, largely because he has been overshadowed by teammate A.J. Hawk. Carpenter has a terrific size/speed combination. He is an intelligent, durable and physical player who shows great consistency on the football field. He has some experience playing at DE and he has the versatility to play SLB in a 4-3 and/or OLB in a 3-4 at the next level. Carpenter still has room to improve in terms of his efficiency when taking on blocks as well as a tackler. He also lacks explosive strength and will need to get stronger in order to anchor versus the run as a SLB in the NFL. However, he has a good deal of upside due to his versatility and size/speed combo. He can play a backup role at a couple of different LB positions early in his NFL career and he also is a proven playmaker on special teams, where he should be able to contribute right away.

Indy's Cover two Defense had a marginal talent Infusion at LB last year with Gary Brackett and Cato June. In fact they led the league in TO's forced and Recovered from the LB position with a dominant pass rushing front Four. Adding a big time playmaking SLB in Carpenter who also excels at ST's, and can play the run finishes the speedy unit.

Carpenter was ranked in the Colts top twenty and they feel they get both a need and Best player available at the 30th selection. Interesting that they felt that any RB would be a major reach at the 30th position with Edgerrin James almost certain to leave Via FA.

Selection occured at 10:45 am eastern time. Seattle is on the clock.

Last edited by Mediator12; 02-11-2006 at 09:51 AM..
Mediator12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 10:02 AM   #269
Ray Finkle
DOOONNNTTTTT CAAARRREEE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mediator12
Wow.

Excellent pick. Cromartie's status will probably improve in three weeks and this may be last draft he gets out of the top 10, let alone 15.

BAL is on the Clock!

I thought about taking him but had to go with the healthier of the two CB's I targeted.
Ray Finkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 10:58 AM   #270
Billy Clyde Puckett
Billy=Semi Tough Big Guy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
John Elway

Mediator - I will be very interested to hear how Carpenter has recovered from his injuries. Docs at the combine will give him some extra looks I suspect.
Old 02-11-2006, 11:57 AM   #271
Drek
Ring of Famer

Anyone have an accurate Rd. 2 draft positions list? We're going to need it real soon to start the 2nd round, since apparently some picks have shifted around.
Drek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 02:12 PM   #272
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drek
Anyone have an accurate Rd. 2 draft positions list? We're going to need it real soon to start the 2nd round, since apparently some picks have shifted around.
I added the second round to the first post on this thread with all the updated trades that I am aware of. If there have been other trades, someone involved please announce it so I can update it further.
Old 02-11-2006, 02:13 PM   #273
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Minibronco with the Seahawks is on the clock.
Old 02-11-2006, 02:58 PM   #274
minibronco
KFFL Writer/Fantasy Scout

Defense: 11 Strong

The Seahawks Select,

Sinorice Moss, Miami (FL)

The time is Saturday, February 11, 2006 1:57 MT.
minibronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 03:43 PM   #275
Broncoman13
Broncoholic

JT #80

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Orange Julius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkie
With the 28th pick, the Jacksonville Jaguars select CB Antonio Cromartie from Florida St.

Well, that pretty much takes my trade offers off the table! I was offering my 2nd and 3rd to move up right around this spot...... Cromartie is the guy I was looking to sign. NICE PICK!!!

*add* I really didn't want the ruckin faiders to get him anyhow!!! That would have made for a pretty good improvement on defense though. AJ Hawk and Cromartie... whew!

Last edited by Broncoman13; 02-11-2006 at 03:47 PM..
Broncoman13 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: