The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 02-21-2006, 03:40 AM   #101
watermock
"Hoodie Jr"

"Hug me!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogan11
Betcha that'll itch like a mofo when it starts to grow back in

I've never done anything like that so I wouldn't know....I remember hearing about guys on the swim team shaving off all their body hair for some reason and then being in agony after the season was over because of it.

It doesn't sound like much fun to me but if that's your deal, then go nuts
I bought one of those trimmers to avoid the barber for about 20 bucks total off the tv. Got a little tanked and woke up looking like Kevin Kasper....I'll try anything once...I didn't take into consideration it coming back in and itching...great...

It's kinda chilly too...I should of kept my fur...shave it off in February in NW Iowa when it's -10....BRILLIANT

Last edited by watermock; 02-21-2006 at 03:42 AM..
watermock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 08:46 AM   #102
Raider Bill

When I remodled the Bathroom in my old house, there were several hundred of those double edged razor blades inside the wall behind the medicine cabinet!
Raider Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 09:58 AM   #103
Kaylore
4 time AFCW Champs

12 straight road division wins

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider Bill
When I remodled the Bathroom in my old house, there were several hundred of those double edged razor blades inside the wall behind the medicine cabinet!
Gross
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 11:10 AM   #104
watermock
"Hoodie Jr"

"Hug me!"

My balls are starting to itch...KHAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-24-2006, 05:59 PM   #105
SportinOne
Ring of Famer

had to dig this back up.

never really followed this one all the way til the end..

good thing...(mock's comment at the end)

anyway.. Just got the Fusion. IMHO, it is way better than the Mach 3. The blades being closer together does help in the comfort department. All those blades can really cut some facial hair, too. I got some pretty tough facial hair, but it's no match. I wouldn't recomend going "Chiefsplanet" on yourself with this razor though, that might sting.

Perhaps the best thing about this razor, though, is the single blade on the back. I've always had problems trimming up the 'burns with the multi blade razors. For some reason the blade would never cut straight accross even if i was only using the top blade. This, however, cuts beautifully!

I will consider old school style in the future, but this is just way too convenient. A good shave is a wonderful thing!
SportinOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 07:16 PM   #106
Bronco in TN.
Solid Starter

Stick with the Fusion but get a good Badger Hair brush and some good shaving soap. You'll love it and it's much cheaper than shaving gel and cream. Plus the soap makes the blades last a little longer.
Bronco in TN. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 08:16 PM   #107
SportinOne
Ring of Famer

you got any recomendations for the brands on that brush and soap?
Old 04-24-2006, 10:43 PM   #108
watermock
"Hoodie Jr"

"Hug me!"

I'm coming back in like a gorilla.
Old 04-24-2006, 11:59 PM   #109
SportinOne
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by watermock
I'm coming back in like a gorilla.
That's great, Mock.
Old 04-25-2006, 12:19 AM   #110
Orange_Beard
Over Jay Cutler

Todd Snider Rules!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tony Scheffler

Grow a beard.
Orange_Beard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 12:23 AM   #111
Mtbrncofn
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassy
Hey gals...we should get in on this ....women's razors are expensive as all get out too...except we don't have to worry about cutting our face...

So what's the Bronco gals poll...electric or disposable?
Damn, you're not kiddin. I hate buying razor blades and after reading through some of these posts from the guys, it seems they have the same problems. I've had the Venus for a long time, but it doesn't seem like it lasts very long and holy ****, I cut myself constantly with it.

I went and bought the mens Mach 3, power deal one. I used it the other day for the first time and loved it. Never cut myself once, which is a minor miracle for me. Then I went and looked at the blades. Geez! Why the heck are they so expensive? Both the Venus blades and the MP ones are the same. The MP works better for me so I'll probably just have to bite the bullet and buy the damn blades. Sigh.

Last edited by Mtbrncofn; 04-25-2006 at 12:30 AM..
Mtbrncofn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 03:51 AM   #112
SportinOne
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange_Beard
Grow a beard.
That's not gonna happen for at least another 2 years. But when i get out of the military, i probably won't shave for a year out of spite.
Old 04-25-2006, 04:36 AM   #113
maher_tyler
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightySmurf
I use a Mach 3, but I'm considering getting a Norelco.

After I get out of the Military, I'm DONE with shaving. I'll just get a beard & Mustache trimmer.
AMEN TO THAT!!!
maher_tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 10:26 AM   #114
Boobs McGee
I promise to stay alive

till the day that I die

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matty P

The thing that cracks me up about the new fusion is this. The more blades you have, the less irritation because the skin is spread out evenly and yada yada yada. That's great and all, but the thing about the old school shaver is that there is NO pinching. NO irritation. One blade doesn't pinch the skin or get bound up at all. I bought the fusion, I wanted to try it out. SAME THING as my ol' school gillette. EXCEPT, a pack of 20 blades costs me 5 bucks instead of a 5 pack costing me $20 (or 12.95 or whatever it is). As long as you practice a bit, the ol school shaver is the way to go.
Boobs McGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 10:51 AM   #115
Mtbrncofn
Ring of Famer

I wonder if we gals could use this old school deal on our legs. I'm not the most adept shaver out there. I cut myself regularly with the ladies ones, but for some reason seem to have much better luck with the guys ones.
Old 04-25-2006, 10:58 AM   #116
Boobs McGee
I promise to stay alive

till the day that I die

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matty P

It's definitely a hair raising experience (no pun intended) the first time, but once you get the hang of it, it's FANTASTIC! So so so so SO very smooth. We're talkin baby's bottom here. I'd say give it a shot.

And by the way, everytime i see your name, Mountain Brown Coffin is what automatically pops into my head. I know it's Montana bronco fan, but my brain doesn't make the connection. useless info i know....BUT ANYWAYS TRY THE RAZOR!! You'll like it
Old 04-25-2006, 12:38 PM   #117
Mtbrncofn
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronconia
It's definitely a hair raising experience (no pun intended) the first time, but once you get the hang of it, it's FANTASTIC! So so so so SO very smooth. We're talkin baby's bottom here. I'd say give it a shot.

And by the way, everytime i see your name, Mountain Brown Coffin is what automatically pops into my head. I know it's Montana bronco fan, but my brain doesn't make the connection. useless info i know....BUT ANYWAYS TRY THE RAZOR!! You'll like it
I could see this turning into a blood bath. But I may have to give it a shot.

Funny thing about that screen name. My license plates say the same thing, well the BRNCO FN part anyway. When my husband went in to get them, it was altogther ( BRNCOFN ) and the lady thought it stood for brown coffin.
Old 04-25-2006, 12:42 PM   #118
Kaylore
4 time AFCW Champs

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Um, as someone who is an advocate for old school shaving (obviously) I would do a little more research before you start using a safety razor on you legs. I don't know that it's intended for use on the legs. I might be wrong, but as you pointed out, I'd hate to see you cuting the crap out of your legs.
Old 04-25-2006, 12:47 PM   #119
Mtbrncofn
Ring of Famer

In my mind, it seems like it would be a lot easier shaving legs than a face. It's a straight shot, pretty much....no obstacles to go around. Are they expensive? I mean am I gonna be pissed if I drop money on one and hate it? I suppose I could hand it over to my husband if it didn't work though.

OTOH, he shaves about once a week, so he probably wouldn't even use it. He's the kind that has never been able to grow a full beard ( thank God ) and doesn't have a lot of facial hair.
Old 04-25-2006, 12:51 PM   #120
Kaylore
4 time AFCW Champs

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtbrncofn
In my mind, it seems like it would be a lot easier shaving legs than a face. It's a straight shot, pretty much....no obstacles to go around. Are they expensive? I mean am I gonna be pissed if I drop money on one and hate it? I suppose I could hand it over to my husband if it didn't work though.

OTOH, he shaves about once a week, so he probably wouldn't even use it. He's the kind that has never been able to grow a full beard ( thank God ) and doesn't have a lot of facial hair.
The blades are cheap. $15 for thirty platinum plated blades. The razor itself isn't. I have some links at the front of this page. I can only guess it will at least be much slower than you're used to since you're supposed to use small quick strokes and not long gliding ones. Good luck.
Old 04-25-2006, 12:51 PM   #121
Boobs McGee
I promise to stay alive

till the day that I die

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matty P

Quote:
I could see this turning into a blood bath. But I may have to give it a shot.

Funny thing about that screen name. My license plates say the same thing, well the BRNCO FN part anyway. When my husband went in to get them, it was altogther ( BRNCOFN ) and the lady thought it stood for brown coffin.
that is pretty darn ironic!

In any case, you should probably listen to Kahn on this one....I don't really know if it would work on a woman's legs or not. A little more research is in order before I start giving that advice out.

I'll see if my friend leanne will try it, then I'll give you a full report.

On a side note, I've used it to shave places other than my face and it seemed to work well. Haven't tried the legs though
Old 04-25-2006, 12:53 PM   #122
Mtbrncofn
Ring of Famer

Sensitive places?

Yeah, if Leanne looks like Freddy Krueger attacked, let me know.
Old 04-25-2006, 12:55 PM   #123
Boobs McGee
I promise to stay alive

till the day that I die

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matty P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore
The blades are cheap. $15 for thirty platinum plated blades. The razor itself isn't. I have some links at the front of this page. I can only guess it will at least be much slower than you're used to since you're supposed to use small quick strokes and not long gliding ones. Good luck.
btw, I finally bought a badger hair brush ...still using the burts bees soap, but MAN that brush is sweet!!! It actually lathers better than the brush I was using before, and it's so soft!! Nice recomendation.
Old 04-25-2006, 12:57 PM   #124
Boobs McGee
I promise to stay alive

till the day that I die

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matty P

Quote:
Sensitive places?

VERY scary the first time...but manscaping is now a worry free ritual
Old 04-25-2006, 01:03 PM   #125
Mtbrncofn
Ring of Famer

Manscaping!

Aha, look what I found:

My husband has a safety razor and loves it. He uses sandalwood shaving soap and I spend a lot of time smelling his face after he shaves - I suppose that could be a plus if you want women all up in your grill smelling your face.

As an aside to the ladies: A shaving brush, shaving soap, and a safety razor works amazingly well for legs and armpits, too, and is a bazillion times cheaper than the Venus and its offshoots, plus I get a closer, more comfortable shave with that set up. The only downside is that you have to shave slowly, and I am usually in a mad hurry in the mornings. But even if I occasionally revert to modern multi-blade shaving for speed, I will never give up the brush and soap. It's so cheap and creates less trash and smells so good and the brush feels really nice.
posted by jennyb at 6:41 PM PST on October 23
http://ask.metafilter.com/mefi/25988