The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-23-2016, 11:27 AM   #1
i4jelway7
Ring of Famer
 
i4jelway7's Avatar
 
In Elway I Trust

Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 2,756
Default Broncos & Browns have interest in moving up

http://www.walterfootball.com/nfldraftrumormill.php
i4jelway7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-23-2016, 11:36 AM   #2
Broncojef
Ring of Famer
 
Broncojef's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Great White North
Posts: 3,776
Default

If the Broncos jump up a few spots its got to be to get Nkemdiche
Broncojef is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2016, 11:40 AM   #3
qbronco
Lifelong Fan
 
qbronco's Avatar
 
World Champions

Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Rocky Mountains
Posts: 69

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by i4jelway7 View Post
Not surprising. Just trying to lay some groundwork in case a player they really like falls further down than expected in the first round (like Shane Ray). Who that player is, who knows? It could be Nkemdiche or Lynch.
qbronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2016, 11:40 AM   #4
itswutz4dinna
Ring of Famer
 
itswutz4dinna's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 1,178

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

I knew the Eagles were just trying to flip the #2.
itswutz4dinna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2016, 11:43 AM   #5
socalorado
Ring of Famer
 
socalorado's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 8,566
Default

I don't see this as being anything different than last year.
A Shane Ray type of move for NdekomaSuheleche.
socalorado is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2016, 11:46 AM   #6
Gcver2ver3
Ring of Famer
 
Gcver2ver3's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Tampa Bay, FL
Posts: 6,775
Default

i think national pundits are jumping the gun in assuming denver goes QB in the 1st round, even if we trade up...

or maybe i'm more hoping than thinking...
Gcver2ver3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2016, 12:06 PM   #7
CEH
Ring of Famer
 
CEH's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 4,881
Default

Denver also is in the quarterback market. In speaking to league contacts, they believe the Broncos would draft Memphis quarterback Paxton Lynch if he got to them, but many around the league don't think that Lynch will reach the Broncos. Trading up with Green Bay would allow Denver to leap division rival Kansas City (28th pick), who also could consider Lynch.
CEH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2016, 12:08 PM   #8
R8R H8R
Ring of Famer
 
R8R H8R's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Exiled in So. Cal.
Posts: 4,242

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Evan Mathis
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gcver2ver3 View Post
i think national pundits are jumping the gun in assuming denver goes QB in the 1st round, even if we trade up...

or maybe i'm more hoping than thinking...
Yep, I agree. A possible move up can be for just about anyone. Elway, in his pre-draft PC, has already said that he is not going to give away a boat load of picks to move way up. And Lynch will most likely go way before the 27th pick of the draft.

I think the reality is that all GM's are calling other teams(or should be), to see what it would take to move up or back. That's just good preparation. However, it is also reality that most of these deals never go through, for one reason or the other.
R8R H8R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2016, 12:13 PM   #9
ColoradoDarin
Busting off 2k
 
ColoradoDarin's Avatar
 
Since 1986

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Wilson, NC
Posts: 14,092
Default

Roby & Ray - we like Top 10 talent falling to us.
ColoradoDarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2016, 12:18 PM   #10
LikeABoss5820
Ring of Famer
 
LikeABoss5820's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 10,052

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward
Default

Lynch if he somehow slips.

Otherwise its probably Nkemdiche.
LikeABoss5820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2016, 12:25 PM   #11
Mat'hir Uth Gan
Punk Mother****er
 

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 3,177
Default

Yeah, I would think early front runners would have to be Lynch, Nkemdiche, Decker, maybe Ragland (who I think is a second round guy), and for my own purposes, Chris Jones, who I think goes Top 15ish.

But yeah, based on recent past history, Nkemdiche probably the early favorite. Unless Lynch falls past 15.
Mat'hir Uth Gan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2016, 12:30 PM   #12
IndelibleScribe
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller
 
IndelibleScribe's Avatar
 
Commitment or Fear

Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 22,098
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoDarin View Post
Roby & Ray - we like Top 10 talent falling to us.
Outside of Von, all of our draft picks slipped in the draft and fell to us in some form.
IndelibleScribe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2016, 01:08 PM   #13
Endzo
Seasoned Veteran
 
Endzo's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 446

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoDarin View Post
Roby & Ray - we like Top 10 talent falling to us.
Nkemdiche is next.

Oh, it will be glorious.
Endzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2016, 01:33 PM   #14
IndelibleScribe
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller
 
IndelibleScribe's Avatar
 
Commitment or Fear

Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 22,098
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endzo View Post
Nkemdiche is next.

Oh, it will be glorious.
Miller + Ware + Wolfe + Nkemdiche =
IndelibleScribe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2016, 02:37 PM   #15
Drunken.Broncoholic2
Pickled in orange & blue
 
Drunken.Broncoholic2's Avatar
 
OnLyNiNjAsCaNrEaDtHiSQuOtE

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Carmel, Ca
Posts: 17,028

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Leo-TailGateNut
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEH View Post
Denver also is in the quarterback market. In speaking to league contacts, they believe the Broncos would draft Memphis quarterback Paxton Lynch if he got to them, but many around the league don't think that Lynch will reach the Broncos. Trading up with Green Bay would allow Denver to leap division rival Kansas City (28th pick), who also could consider Lynch.
This is what I'm thinking as well as moving in front of AZ. Which I wouldn't be surprised if Arians has his eye on Lynch.
Drunken.Broncoholic2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2016, 02:39 PM   #16
Drunken.Broncoholic2
Pickled in orange & blue
 
Drunken.Broncoholic2's Avatar
 
OnLyNiNjAsCaNrEaDtHiSQuOtE

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Carmel, Ca
Posts: 17,028

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Leo-TailGateNut
Default

There were a lot of CBs who went before Roby, some that the Broncos wanted.
Drunken.Broncoholic2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2016, 02:39 PM   #17
Broncojef
Ring of Famer
 
Broncojef's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Great White North
Posts: 3,776
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post
This is what I'm thinking as well as moving in front of AZ. Which I wouldn't be surprised if Arians has his eye on Lynch.
You guys don't see Lynch gone in the top 10? I think Lynch is taken so early he's off the radar.
Broncojef is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2016, 02:41 PM   #18
Drunken.Broncoholic2
Pickled in orange & blue
 
Drunken.Broncoholic2's Avatar
 
OnLyNiNjAsCaNrEaDtHiSQuOtE

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Carmel, Ca
Posts: 17,028

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Leo-TailGateNut
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncojef View Post
You guys don't see Lynch gone in the top 10? I think Lynch is taken so early he's off the radar.
Ya it's wishful thinking. I don't see SF taking him that high if they like Cook though.
Drunken.Broncoholic2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2016, 03:14 PM   #19
IndelibleScribe
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller
 
IndelibleScribe's Avatar
 
Commitment or Fear

Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 22,098
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncojef View Post
You guys don't see Lynch gone in the top 10? I think Lynch is taken so early he's off the radar.
I think most teams in the top 10-15 will be scared to take him as the system he ran is not NFL friendly and only a coach willing to tweak their system is going to make him work early on.
Buffalo has a nice rushing attack so they can take him and work him in slowly, Arizona same thing.

Buffalo Bills, New York Jets, Arizona Cardinals, Kansas City Chiefs are the threats to take him more than likely. Could be a trade up or maybe the Browns like him and take him #8 but again, so many teams with so many holes other than just QB.
IndelibleScribe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2016, 03:48 PM   #20
Broncojef
Ring of Famer
 
Broncojef's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Great White North
Posts: 3,776
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndelibleScribe View Post
I think most teams in the top 10-15 will be scared to take him as the system he ran is not NFL friendly and only a coach willing to tweak their system is going to make him work early on.
Buffalo has a nice rushing attack so they can take him and work him in slowly, Arizona same thing.

Buffalo Bills, New York Jets, Arizona Cardinals, Kansas City Chiefs are the threats to take him more than likely. Could be a trade up or maybe the Browns like him and take him #8 but again, so many teams with so many holes other than just QB.
Interesting that you didn't mention SF. You don't see them having an interest in Lynch?
Broncojef is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2016, 05:01 PM   #21
IndelibleScribe
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller
 
IndelibleScribe's Avatar
 
Commitment or Fear

Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 22,098
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncojef View Post
Interesting that you didn't mention SF. You don't see them having an interest in Lynch?
I think SF wants Wentz or Goff. Lynch, even in Kelly's offense is not ready to play this year.
Now, if my assumption of them wanting a QB who can conceivably play this year is wrong then Lynch should be their guy.

They have holes on the OL, DL, at LB, WR, CB & QB.
So many damn holes that I cannot see them taking a QB who would not be ready this year.

If the Niners suck enough this season, they would be able to grab Watson next year and he would be a terrific fit for Kelly's desired offense.
IndelibleScribe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2016, 09:21 PM   #22
ZONA
Ring of Famer
 
ZONA's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 12,500

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris
Default

Yeah, the Broncos could move up to try and get Nkemdiche, but no way are the moving up to #8 for him. That's going to cost way too much and probably taking a player you could get moving up to say around #17-#25.
ZONA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2016, 09:31 PM   #23
BroncoFanatic
Roaming Coloradan
 
BroncoFanatic's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Philadelphia area
Posts: 698

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Juwan Thompson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndelibleScribe View Post
They have holes on the OL, DL, at LB, WR, CB & QB.
So many damn holes that I cannot see them taking a QB who would not be ready this year.
I would say the same about the Eagles, but there they sit at #2 after trading all those picks.

#MindStillBoggled
BroncoFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2016, 09:36 PM   #24
pricejj
jungle
 
pricejj's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 15,593
Default

If Lynch doesn't go to SF at #7, the Broncos have a great chance at landing him. If the Browns aren't taking QB at #8, Lynch could fall into the teens.


I think Broncos will look to trade up for Lynch first. If that doesn't happen, they'll try to pull the trigger on Nkemdiche.
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2016, 09:43 PM   #25
IndelibleScribe
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller
 
IndelibleScribe's Avatar
 
Commitment or Fear

Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 22,098
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoFanatic View Post
I would say the same about the Eagles, but there they sit at #2 after trading all those picks.

#MindStillBoggled
Eagles have WR talent, a potential stud LT and massively overpaid for 2 other QB's.
Plus...it's the ****ing Eagles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZONA View Post
Yeah, the Broncos could move up to try and get Nkemdiche, but no way are the moving up to #8 for him. That's going to cost way too much and probably taking a player you could get moving up to say around #17-#25.
In the words of Dave Matthews Band "I'm so lost.."

When was there a mention of trading up to #8?
IndelibleScribe is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:42 PM.


Denver Broncos