|01-23-2006, 05:00 PM||#1|
Ring of Famer
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Now 64 Yards Out
1 Elam 1
Congrats Broncos on a great year!
I'm still numb after seeing a different team show up for what appeared to be a homestyle win. Denver, like most average teams, just was smacked around by a better team. Good for the Steelers, they deserve it, and yes even the Colts would have run up 55 on the Broncos yesterday. We were a poor team, out of character, out of answers, and didn't want it bad enough. Our defense leaked away the game while the offense provided all the cracks - no plummer was not the sole reason, but he definitely wasn't ready for the game. Our intensity was only to be found in the stands and by the end of the 2nd quarter had also trickled out of the building. We had a bad, bad day yesterday and it just wasn't the true character of this team. Like many have said this season, 'it's tough to lose when you lose like that'. So, congrats to the Steelers for doing what no one thought they could do - you deserve to win SB 40!
And congrats to the Broncos for having an amazing year. I'd rather lose a game we weren't suppose to win (Indy was supposed to win and then we lose - kind thing). Maybe next year we can work on having a more explosive offensive game plan now that some fresh air will be coming into the system. I would have rather made it to the AFC Championship game and lost to a better team than:
1) suffer defeat at the hand of the Colts again
2) finished in 3rd place in the AFC West as we were expected to do
3) suffered another frustrating year with Jake (he's going to the Pro Bowl)
4) suffered a loss in the first round to Patsy fan and watched them roll the Steelers for #3
5) finished a disappointing season with more stars or star prospects on the IR.
6) Watched Champ and the Browncos be a complete failure.
7) Suffered another strangling season with Mike and Kubes together.