|01-17-2006, 11:17 PM||#1|
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Arcadia, CA
Great Blue North Draft Report- Positional Rankings
GBN came out with their offensive and defensive positional rankings today. I dont quite like these guys as much as some other sites but they sometimes have some good stuff.
Regarding the rankings, things that puzzled me:
1. Devin Hester #3 ranked WR WTF. He hasnt played the position full time in two years.
2. Oregon's Demetrius Williams #14 WR? Way too low.
3. Claude Wroten #10 ranked DT? I know he got into trouble and all but come on.
4. Rocky McIntosh #12 ranked OLB? Believe it or not, im not just being a homer. This is a poor ranking for a LB of Rocky's caliber. He's an early 2nd round talent.
5. Kevin Simon #8 ranked MLB? Yes I know he has an injury history and is short but this is a slap in the face. Kevin is a great, great player and is basically the same height as Vilma.
6. Ashton Youboty #2 ranked corner? Come on, thats pushing it. He is skilled but still very raw. GBN also disses Alan Zemaitis, Anwar Phillips, Will Blackmon (who switched to offense this year to help his team) and Kelly Jennings big time in the CB rankings.
7. Greg Blue #2 ranked FS? Blue is a better run defending safety than a ballhawk.
8. Leonard Peters #40 ranked FS? Folks, this guy could be the steal of the draft. He is a huge hitter and has excellent speed in the secondary. Why he is getting no respect is a mystery to me. Maybe its because he has played at Hawaii so only June Jones homers like me have seen him, but he is a very good safety. Even Reggie Bush remarked how impressed he was with him in a chat awhile ago. Keep your eye on him.
Last edited by SoCalBronco; 01-17-2006 at 11:23 PM..
|01-17-2006, 11:27 PM||#2|
Persona Non Grata
Join Date: Jan 2003
|01-17-2006, 11:28 PM||#3|
Billy=Semi Tough Big Guy
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: between 5,000 and 10,000 feet elevation
SoCal - I have found over the year that GBN is one of the least credible sites that has been around over time. I have heard it is a father and son combo that do not talk to anyone but form their opinions by what they see on TV. I just can't put much faith in anything they say.
|01-23-2006, 12:42 PM||#4|
Ring of Famer
Join Date: Oct 2003
I thought GBN was one of the best free draft sites over the last few years. They were the first and one of the only sites that predicted Matt Jones was a 1st rounder. They've been the most accurate with the players I've followed.
They updated the receivers
*Santonio Holmes 5-11, 205 Ohio State
Derek Hagen 6-2, 200 Arizona Statte
Martin Nance 6-4, 212 Miami (Ohio) (X)
*Devin Hester 5-1, 185 Miami