|12-17-2005, 10:08 PM||#1|
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Shanghai, China
How to make a football tackle
Maybe on of you chief fans could send this to Gooonther or dickie V
good tackle downs the ball carrier without any injuries. Good technique can take down any opponent, even one who's bigger, stronger and faster than you.
1. Identify your opponent. This will be the individual running furiously toward the end zone with a ball under her arm.
2. Run toward the ball carrier at full speed, keeping your head up at all times. Aim your face mask at the center of her chest or inside shoulder.
3. Run through the ball carrier, wrapping your arms around her waist.
4. Pull the ball carrier into you and drive her to the ground.
5. If you get up first after a successful tackle, offer a hand to help your opponent up and give an encouraging pat or slap as you run back to your team. This shows good sportsmanship and preserves the spirit of the game after an extremely aggressive act.
Keep your head up and lead with your face mask when tackling - you don't want to lose sight of your opponent.
Follow your coach's specific instructions on tackling technique and game regulations.
Football is, obviously, a contact sport. Wear a helmet and all proper pads and gear.
Tips from eHow Users:
Ultimate take down by Coach W.
Read. React. Attack.
Read watching the ball and your keys, be sure of the target (ball carrier and not a fake). Now that you have a sure target, react by shuffling, following your target, keeping them in front of you and keeping all defenders off of your body by shedding them with the palms of your hands with your arms extended(never let them get to your body).
Attack is your pursuit. Pursuit is about taking the right angle to meet your target at the shortest possible distance (fast, slow far or near). Pick the interception point, drive to it sprinting.
Focusing on the belt buckle still sprinting. Your head will come across your targets face side at the targets belt loop. Immediately, as you get your last step prior to your target, spring into the ready position. You will nearly be in it automatically if you are in good ready position. This good ready position cannot be over stressed.
1. Feet shoulder width apart.
2. Knees bent at a 45 degree angle.
A. This is achieved by keeping your butt down and your back straight.
3. Head up watching your target.
A. The target; ball carriers belt buckle. A player will juke fake and try all the fakes he likes and his belt buckle will always go with him and it is the part of the body that moves the least.
Now cross you targets body his face side with your head up and out of contact (note this is still with your target the belt buckle). Make contact with your inside shoulder at the targets belt line. Wrap your arms around the targets bends in the knees. Wrists down one closed fist and the other slaps around and locks the closed fists wrist. Now pull the knees up and to your chest as you explode (powerfully stand up) from the good ready position like a bullet, up and through the target. This motion takes the target completely off there feet. now keep them wrapped and run right through them both of you fall to the ground. and you have made a quality powerful form tackle with no twisting, no waisted moves and reduced risk of injuries yet delivering a consistent hard hitting effective tackle.
Big, small, fast or tall this form will drop them all. Practice this till it becomes automatic and you are a tackler.