The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-23-2005, 06:54 PM   #26
Spider
Mr Diplomacy
 
Spider's Avatar
 
I survived Tebow Mania at the Mane

Join Date: May 2001
Location: Elway was just an arm =MacGruder
Posts: 84,163

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by clean
Never mentioned money once, although Philly certainly got more bang for the buck. Daryl Garnder is best known for late night dining and incendiary radio interviews.
of course you didnt mention money , your argument falls flat ......
D.G. isnt even remembered , he was a free agent bearly over Vet min , as for T.O. missed some of last season , eagles still won without him .....
Spider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005, 08:39 PM   #27
Raider Bill
........
 
Raider Bill's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Southern New Joisey
Posts: 4,240
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlin
Are you sure about that Mock? I was not aware that the NFLPA advised him against it.

Absolutely... Upshaw and company advised him NOT to sign that deal. As far as a line forming for TO's services there were only 2 teams and of the 2 Philly was the only one that was going to redo his deal. (Remember, he was still under contract, not a Free Agent)

I think it's hard to bash Reid, they rolled the dice, it didnt work out. They did get to the Super Bowl after all.

If he had just shut the hell up, he would have cashed an 8 million dollar roster bonus next season.

Last edited by Raider Bill; 11-23-2005 at 08:42 PM..
Raider Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005, 08:41 PM   #28
Raider Bill
........
 
Raider Bill's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Southern New Joisey
Posts: 4,240
Default

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...2005Apr15.html

Quote:
The NFL Players Association advised wide receiver Terrell Owens last year not to sign the seven-year, nearly $49 million contract with the Philadelphia Eagles that he wants to renegotiate after one season with the team.

A union source said yesterday the deal contains contract language that's unfavorable to Owens. The source declined to elaborate but said Owens told union officials at the time he was ignoring their recommendation because he trusted Eagles Coach Andy Reid.
Raider Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005, 08:44 PM   #29
clean
Dazed And Frantic
 
clean's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 808
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by §Pide®
of course you didnt mention money , your argument falls flat ......
D.G. isnt even remembered , he was a free agent bearly over Vet min , as for T.O. missed some of last season , eagles still won without him .....
It’s important for me to reemphasize that money has nothing to do with my discussion. I’m comparing TO and IHOP, who was also suspended for conduct detrimental to the team. TO had a Pro Bowl season last year, and IHOP contributed little or nothing to the Broncos. Also, I included a few links to refresh everyone’s memory:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=1671241

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthr...hlight=gardner

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthr...hlight=gardner

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthr...hlight=gardner

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthr...hlight=gardner

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthr...hlight=gardner

http://www.nfl.com/probowl/nfc_roster

Finally, a seven-year, $34.8 million dollar contract that includes a $5 million bonus doesn’t sound like a veteran minimum contract.

Last edited by clean; 11-23-2005 at 08:51 PM..
clean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005, 08:45 PM   #30
ICON
|^|Punter of Gnomes|^|
 
ICON's Avatar
 
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..Snap!

Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Long Beach
Posts: 2,560

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nate Irving
Default

ICON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005, 10:32 PM   #31
Play2win
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 9,630

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Duke
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICON
Play2win is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005, 11:16 PM   #32
broncofan
Perennial Pro-bowler
 
broncofan's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Philly PA
Posts: 880
Default

TO is redirecting any criticisms Andy Reid would be recieving to himself. Fans here in Philly have no patience for losing teams, and because of Owens, Reid gets a pass this season. The Birds won't make the playoffs this year, but if they return next year and do the same thing, you better believe Reid will be under the gun, as well as McNabb.

But, as soon as McNabb gets off of that Madden cover they should be in ok shape. Come to think of it...they should put Rosenhaus on the cover...maybe he'll get hit by a car or something...
broncofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005, 11:22 PM   #33
Play2win
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 9,630

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Duke
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viva La Pat
Come to think of it...they should put Rosenhaus on the cover...maybe he'll get hit by a car or something...
Or PUT him in the car, dump it off some cliff, somewhere...
Play2win is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005, 11:30 PM   #34
24champ
Livin' the dream!
 
24champ's Avatar
 
Keep Calm and Chive on

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Southern California
Posts: 19,756

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Play2Win
Or PUT him in the car, dump it off some cliff, somewhere...
nah leave him in a room with boob....that will do it IMO, think of all the shaving and playing with "cecil" the mannequin....rofl
24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005, 11:30 PM   #35
Taco John
24/7 Broncos
 
Taco John's Avatar
 
All Hail King Midas

Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 50,489

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlin
How come no one is dissing Reid?


Roughly for the same reason that no one would dis you if you came down with herpes after sleeping with Angelina. Sometimes you just take your chances and hope for the best.
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005, 11:31 PM   #36
Bronco Vixen
Pro Bowler
 
Bronco Vixen's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 595
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John
Roughly for the same reason that no one would dis you if you came down with herpes after sleeping with Angelina. Sometimes you just take your chances and hope for the best.

Bronco Vixen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2005, 04:10 AM   #37
Odysseus
Fan of the home team
 
Odysseus's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Durango, Colorado
Posts: 11,969

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mark Schlereth
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigpeewee
I agree with that; I think Rosenhouse is the real bad guy here. He is the catalyst of the whole mess.
Rosenhaus is great when players don't know how to speak up for themselves but horrible when a guy doesn't know how to shut up.

T.O. has destroyed pretty much everything that he's touched. Agents, friends, teammates, coaches, and whatever else. He's a living cancer but if get him in a situation where he can't wreck anything and the man is a harmless kitty cat. He's naive notion of the world and immaturity is his poison and unfortunately he's just now getting it.
Odysseus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2005, 05:00 AM   #38
Spider
Mr Diplomacy
 
Spider's Avatar
 
I survived Tebow Mania at the Mane

Join Date: May 2001
Location: Elway was just an arm =MacGruder
Posts: 84,163

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by clean
It’s important for me to reemphasize that money has nothing to do with my discussion. I’m comparing TO and IHOP, who was also suspended for conduct detrimental to the team. TO had a Pro Bowl season last year, and IHOP contributed little or nothing to the Broncos. Also, I included a few links to refresh everyone’s memory:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=1671241

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthr...hlight=gardner

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthr...hlight=gardner

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthr...hlight=gardner

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthr...hlight=gardner

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthr...hlight=gardner

http://www.nfl.com/probowl/nfc_roster

Finally, a seven-year, $34.8 million dollar contract that includes a $5 million bonus doesn’t sound like a veteran minimum contract.
how can you ignore one of the main factors ? Money is a huge part ......
Spider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2005, 05:39 AM   #39
Old Dude
Super Moderator
 
Old Dude's Avatar
 
Consultant

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: DIA Tunnels
Posts: 14,908
Default

Reid's not the guy who negotiates the contracts in Philly.

It's hard to say how much of a raise it would have taken to keep TO satisfied. But this whole thing was bound to blow up sooner or later. I think the Eagles were hoping to squeeze one more year out of him.

In the long run, it might not have made that much difference. They've been clobbered with injuries, and their division is no longer a cakewalk.
Old Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2005, 07:11 AM   #40
Merlin
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 2,797
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John
Roughly for the same reason that no one would dis you if you came down with herpes after sleeping with Angelina. Sometimes you just take your chances and hope for the best.
If she were know for carrying STD, then yes, I do think some dissing is deserved. As much as I like her, I'm just not fond of carrying particular luggage for the rest of my life. There is always other nice places to visit that require no lifetime luggage. For those of you who already have luggage, I am sure this is not an issue
Merlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2005, 07:53 AM   #41
Merlin
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 2,797
Default

Following on Taco's analogy, it is easy to see TO's next "partner" (Dallas maybe?) will be using industrial type protection when they engage, since your usual re-productive means has proven highly ineffective against his STDs.
Merlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2005, 07:54 AM   #42
broncobum6162
Manning Up!
 
broncobum6162's Avatar
 
Baaammmmmmmm!!

Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Beautiful Baugher Lake....
Posts: 1,410

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller
Default

Reid has been upfront and has handled this crisis like the true class act he is.
I'm sure he regrets the way this has turned out. They were talking about this on Sirius NFL radio several weeks ago when this all blew up and their take on this was that: Reid knew what he was getting when he got TO but his game plan was to get 2 good years out of him before all hell broke loose. Instead he only got one and his gamble failed. I like the way he has handled TO.
broncobum6162 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2005, 08:03 AM   #43
DarkHorse30
Smith Rules
 
DarkHorse30's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 2,259

Adopt-a-Bronco:
wolf pot roast
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by quiettiger

T.O. has destroyed pretty much everything that he's touched. Agents, friends, teammates, coaches, and whatever else. He's a living cancer but if get him in a situation where he can't wreck anything and the man is a harmless kitty cat. He's naive notion of the world and immaturity is his poison and unfortunately he's just now getting it.
You are right on the money. I saw an NFL network feature on TO, and the guy is absolutely clueless on how to get along with people. He has had a rep for being a "loner" on the team, so then when he tried to get involved in a "team" sort of way...he couldn't really manage it, without turning it into something about "him". The guy looks like he's ADD or something and should see a doc. I don't know what team he could go on that he wouldn't wreck....unless he was the ONLY star on the offense. B-more likely would have been the best spot for him.
DarkHorse30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2005, 08:59 AM   #44
Pat Bowlen
President/Chief Executive
 
Pat Bowlen's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 2,702
Default

Pat Bowlen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2005, 09:45 AM   #45
clean
Dazed And Frantic
 
clean's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 808
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by §Pide®
how can you ignore one of the main factors ? Money is a huge part ......
Salary doesn’t impact my code of conduct discussion. TO and IHOP’s behavior was absolutely outrageous and reprehensible. It is what is, what you see is what you get, and I would have same the same criticisms regardless of salary. You see, I compare the situation to dating or marriage, and the Broncos deserve a player who has the ability to be a loving and faithful partner.

Coaches and FO personnel discuss their thoughts about a player’s qualities and expectations of their life together. Nobody’s perfect, people can over-react or say the wrong thing. However, some behaviors indicate that a player has a personality disorder that prevents them sustaining a happy and stable relationship.

Morality doesn't have a dollar-based component.






Very appropriate, Mr. Bowlen.
Attached Images
 

Last edited by clean; 11-24-2005 at 09:49 AM..
clean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2005, 09:57 AM   #46
watermock
"Hoodie Jr"
 
watermock's Avatar
 
"Hug me!"

Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Hot Springs, Ouachitah
Posts: 76,813
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by §Pide®
of course you didnt mention money , your argument falls flat ......
D.G. isnt even remembered , he was a free agent bearly over Vet min , as for T.O. missed some of last season , eagles still won without him .....
That isn't correct...I don't remember the exact number, but IHOP got a huge signing bonus.
watermock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2005, 11:36 AM   #47
-Slap-
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 31,806
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat Bowlen
Much worse signing than TO, for numerous reasons. First, the way Carl Peterson played Shanahan during negotiations. Second, Carter was a known cancer who began showing his negative attitude almost immediately. Finally, Carter was an extremely negative influence on young players like Darrius Johnson.
-Slap- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2005, 11:39 AM   #48
Spider
Mr Diplomacy
 
Spider's Avatar
 
I survived Tebow Mania at the Mane

Join Date: May 2001
Location: Elway was just an arm =MacGruder
Posts: 84,163

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by clean
Salary doesn’t impact my code of conduct discussion. TO and IHOP’s behavior was absolutely outrageous and reprehensible. It is what is, what you see is what you get, and I would have same the same criticisms regardless of salary. You see, I compare the situation to dating or marriage, and the Broncos deserve a player who has the ability to be a loving and faithful partner.

Coaches and FO personnel discuss their thoughts about a player’s qualities and expectations of their life together. Nobody’s perfect, people can over-react or say the wrong thing. However, some behaviors indicate that a player has a personality disorder that prevents them sustaining a happy and stable relationship.

Morality doesn't have a dollar-based component.






Very appropriate, Mr. Bowlen.
there is an old saying buyer beware , you get what you pay for , if IHOP worked out great if not no biggie .......... Eagles had alot more on the line as far as T.O. Goes ...........
Spider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2005, 11:40 AM   #49
Spider
Mr Diplomacy
 
Spider's Avatar
 
I survived Tebow Mania at the Mane

Join Date: May 2001
Location: Elway was just an arm =MacGruder
Posts: 84,163

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by watermock
That isn't correct...I don't remember the exact number, but IHOP got a huge signing bonus.
He got a Mill if he stayed on the Roster , he didnt ....... Adios
Spider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2005, 11:44 AM   #50
Dudeskey
Ring of Famer
 
Dudeskey's Avatar
 
This space for rent

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Colorado Springs, CO
Posts: 4,310
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Slap-
Its that global anti-Bronco conspiracy rearing its ugly head again.

Should I get a tinfoil hat
Dudeskey is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:58 PM.


Denver Broncos