The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 11-23-2005, 05:22 PM   #1
Merlin
Ring of Famer

Default How come no one is dissing Reid?

Shannahan brings in a couple of players that he later cuts directly and indirectly, and the media (and some people here) ridicule him for wasting a draft choice, and wasting valuable practice time. Yes, he has had some whoppers in the FA market, but none, and I mean, NONE, have blown in his face and his team like TO. Where are the likes of BS who slobber over the genius of the Eagles FO? Where are the so called journalists who like to hold coaches accountable for mistakes? Well, I guess it would have made better reading if the fiasco had happened under the watch of Shannahan and company.
Merlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-23-2005, 05:29 PM   #2
bigpeewee
Solid Starter

Looks like my womens is on time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlin
Shannahan brings in a couple of players that he later cuts directly and indirectly, and the media (and some people here) ridicule him for wasting a draft choice, and wasting valuable practice time. Yes, he has had some whoppers in the FA market, but none, and I mean, NONE, have blown in his face and his team like TO. Where are the likes of BS who slobber over the genius of the Eagles FO? Where are the so called journalists who like to hold coaches accountable for mistakes? Well, I guess it would have made better reading if the fiasco had happened under the watch of Shannahan and company.
Hey, I would love to diss on Andy Reid, but I respect the guy for sacking up the way he did and basically correcting the mistake that he made bringing HIM in.

The Eagles may have been Ok except for they have a beaten up QB and are losing key players almost weekly at this point.

I hate the Eagles and their fans, but I respect Reid and Donovan McNabb. I still think HE is a great wide receiver, if he could shut his mouth for five minutes...Maybe he can start new with another team (maybe Denver or Dallas). But the Eagles will be back on track next year.

bigpeewee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005, 05:35 PM   #3
Merlin
Ring of Famer

Don't get me wrong, I respect Reid, but I don't care at all for the double standard. This was a total fiasco, and one that many people some coming before he even signed with the Eagles. Many other coaches (however, not yours) would have been crucified here and the media, that was my point.
Old 11-23-2005, 05:39 PM   #4
-Slap-
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Its that global anti-Bronco conspiracy rearing its ugly head again.

-Slap- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005, 05:40 PM   #5
Dagmar
...there ain't no devil

..there's just God when he's drunk.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tim Tebow

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigpeewee
Hey, I would love to diss on Andy Reid, but I respect the guy for sacking up the way he did and basically correcting the mistake that he made bringing HIM in.

The Eagles may have been Ok except for they have a beaten up QB and are losing key players almost weekly at this point.

I hate the Eagles and their fans, but I respect Reid and Donovan McNabb. I still think HE is a great wide receiver, if he could shut his mouth for five minutes...Maybe he can start new with another team (maybe Denver or Dallas). But the Eagles will be back on track next year.

"Mistake" bring HIM in can be argued. Regular season with TO, 17-4, games without TO 0-5. But then you have last years playoffs... who knows.
Dagmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005, 05:46 PM   #6
ludo21
RIP Darrent Williams

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Paul Ernster

good topic!

I agree, Reid did own up, but NONE of Shannys Moves turned out like this.
ludo21 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005, 05:46 PM   #7
bigpeewee
Solid Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagmar
"Mistake" bring HIM in can be argued. Regular season with TO, 17-4, games without TO 0-5. But then you have last years playoffs... who knows.

Really Reid should have benched HIM when he began yelling at Donovan during the Pittsburgh game last year...
Old 11-23-2005, 05:48 PM   #8
bigpeewee
Solid Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ludo21
good topic!

I agree, Reid did own up, but NONE of Shannys Moves turned out like this.
I cant think of too many coaches who have had something like this happen. Shanahan didnt make a mistake with Clarett; he gave the guy a shot and he couldnt hang. But the Broncs are now 8-2.

But you cant blame Reid for bringing the guy in at the time. If he didnt the rest of the league would have lined up (except New England)...
Old 11-23-2005, 05:50 PM   #9
Merlin
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagmar
Actually, from the point of view of achievements last year, he arguably only affects the points outcome of the final game. They got him to get to the SB, and got there without him (they would have been fine in the regular season without him). So in the end, his value was to get the final prize. Despite his valiant effort, they did not. The 0-5 is more a reflection of how these yr the Eagles are falling appart due to many reasons, TO antics included.
Old 11-23-2005, 06:03 PM   #10
clean
Dazed And Frantic

TO contributed, IHOP did not.
clean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005, 06:06 PM   #11
Spider
Mr Diplomacy

I survived Tebow Mania at the Mane

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Basicaly I dont bash Shanny , but Andy Ried is a Eagles Problem ........
Spider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005, 06:08 PM   #12
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Its hard to find faults in Reid because he is a good coach but a sometime you have to believe the Eagles will pull the plug on him just like the Bucs pulled the plug on TD.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005, 06:14 PM   #13
Merlin
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by clean
TO contributed, IHOP did not.
True, but then the wake of IHOP destruction is minuscule in comparison to TO's.
Old 11-23-2005, 06:25 PM   #14
watermock
"Hoodie Jr"

"Hug me!"

Because Reid hasn't done anything wrong...T.O. created all of this...Reid did everything possible to rein this loose cannon in...the fact of the matter is Rosenhause manipulated T.O. so much to get a new contract or traded that it bit T.O. in the ass. See, the Shark didn't make crap till TO got his new contract...he didn't write the other one.

Sure, it was dumb not to get a solid #2 reciever in Philly and to rely solely on T.O. was insane, but I don't think Reid is the GM anyway...but that isn't the point....McNabb is also out for the year...

This circus got started when T.O.'s old agent screwed up his contract so he couldn't void...that led to a trade, not FA...then T.O. whined his way out of Baltimore and the NFL interviened and bent over backward to let baby have his way....the NFLPA told TO it was a bad deal...but he wanted to go to a "contenda"...so they let him have his way...honestly thinking that TO wanted to get a ring. Well, T.O. wanted the ring, and he also got a new agent that did everything he could to create disruption once it was obvious the Eagles were not going to give him a new contract.

I hate to say this, but even tho T.O. is a mindless jackass, Rosenhouse prodding him to try to act out to get out of his contract has totally backfired...

Has it cost the Shark more than a few dimes and bad Cochran media shots? Not really, but I think it's stained the Shark quite a bit...but the stone cold fact was the Shark manipulated trying to get a new contract...not for T.O...but for himself, and that is going to be noticed.
watermock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005, 06:28 PM   #15
bigpeewee
Solid Starter

I agree with that; I think Rosenhouse is the real bad guy here. He is the catalyst of the whole mess.
Old 11-23-2005, 06:31 PM   #16
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigpeewee
I agree with that; I think Rosenhouse is the real bad guy here. He is the catalyst of the whole mess.
Yeah but Drew didn't hire T.O.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005, 06:36 PM   #17
bigpeewee
Solid Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life
Im just saying that Drew saw the opportunity to possible get the contract redone; figured he had some leverage and went for it. Where he went wrong is that he couldnt control his client and get through to him what needed to be done.

I dont blame HIM for wanting to get the contract redone, the owners themselves dont honor contracts. But if he was there playing for the Eagles, he needed to chill. Rosenhouse never got that through to him...
Old 11-23-2005, 06:38 PM   #18
clean
Dazed And Frantic

Quote:
True, but then the wake of IHOP destruction is minuscule in comparison to TO's.
Miniscule because TO contributed and IHOP did not. Somewhere down the line, TO will contribute again, and IHOP never took a meaningful snap for the Broncos or the Bengals.
Old 11-23-2005, 06:41 PM   #19
Spider
Mr Diplomacy

I survived Tebow Mania at the Mane

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by clean
Miniscule because TO contributed and IHOP did not. Somewhere down the line, TO will contribute again, and IHOP never took a meaningful snap for the Broncos or the Bengals.
No need to bring up the money end to your argument ......your argument doesnt stand chance from that point of view........ Gardner was a cheap buy , and a cheap loss , cant say the same for T.O.
Spider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005, 06:41 PM   #20
Merlin
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by watermock
the NFLPA told TO it was a bad deal...but he wanted to go to a "contenda"...so they let him have his way...honestly thinking that TO wanted to get a ring.
Are you sure about that Mock? I was not aware that the NFLPA advised him against it.
Old 11-23-2005, 06:43 PM   #21
watermock
"Hoodie Jr"

"Hug me!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life
True, but suppose my stockbrocker tells me to buy MCI, Enron, Global Crossing and the Liberal News Network...do I blindly follow orders?

Philly backloaded that contract for exactly the reason they were afraid of...they were afraid T.O. was a loose cannon and holding back the bonus would ensure his behavior...they were wrong...all parties lost...mostly the Eagles...There is no Team in T.O....none...it's all about himself...that's been obvious for years...he has no respect for anyone.

He's so blacklisted at this point it's insane. There are a few teams that might take a chance on him, but they are quite few now...there is new talent coming out of practice squads and the draft next year...T.O. has to accept that he is now the Jeff George of the NFL.
Old 11-23-2005, 06:44 PM   #22
Bob's your Information Minister
Chiefs > Broncos

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CHRIS KUPER!!!

Personally I think Reid is a moron.
Bob's your Information Minister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005, 06:44 PM   #23
watermock
"Hoodie Jr"

"Hug me!"

Quote:
Are you sure about that Mock? I was not aware that the NFLPA advised him against it.
Quite sure. Positive.
Old 11-23-2005, 06:47 PM   #24
ludo21
RIP Darrent Williams

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Paul Ernster

Quote:

ya they sure did merlin. i remember many ppl saying TO could have gotten a better deal, but he wanted so badly out of Baltimore he wanted a winning team.

You know what would be funny, what if Drew dropped TO from his care?? Can he do that? Talk about hilarious
ludo21 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005, 06:52 PM   #25
clean
Dazed And Frantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by §PideŽ
No need to bring up the money end to your argument ......your argument doesnt stand chance from that point of view........ Gardner was a cheap buy , and a cheap loss , cant say the same for T.O.
Never mentioned money once, although Philly certainly got more bang for the buck. Daryl Garnder is best known for late night dining and incendiary radio interviews.