The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Announcements, Features and Feedback
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 10-30-2005, 07:07 PM   #176
Dagmar
...there ain't no devil

..there's just God when he's drunk.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tim Tebow

Migrate then. I'm sure we'll absorb the loss....
Dagmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2005, 07:11 PM   #177
Bronco_Beerslug
Angling in the Deep

All you whiners about the ads need to increase your knowledge of how the net works (and take the appropriate measures to eliminate ads & pop ups) or learn how to live with them. I haven't seen any in almost a year.
Bronco_Beerslug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2005, 07:11 PM   #178
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality

Welcome to Peyton's Place

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratboy
I am too, but i don't like how taco is running it. It's no longer a fanpage for the fans. It's a Broncos board for the money.

If he is making money off this board, i suggest the moderators demand a precentage it makes, it's only right.
If you think for one second that TJ's purpose in building and/or maintaining the Mane is financial profit rather than as a service to "Broncos Country" because he loves the team and wants to provide a place for fans to talk about them... then I'd suggest that you don't really know TJ.

TJ has invested innumerable hours and a significant amount of $$ into providing this place for us. If the ads can help him to defray part of that expense, then it's pretty shallow for members here to complain about having to scroll past them, imho. I, for one, think we should thank him instead of carping over small stuff.

Mini-rant over.
Blueflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2005, 07:18 PM   #179
Ratboy
It's all over...

ಠ_ಠ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueflame
If you think for one second that TJ's purpose in building and/or maintaining the Mane is financial profit rather than as a service to "Broncos Country" because he loves the team and wants to provide a place for fans to talk about them... then I'd suggest that you don't really know TJ.

TJ has invested innumerable hours and a significant amount of $$ into providing this place for us. If the ads can help him to defray part of that expense, then it's pretty shallow for members here to complain about having to scroll past them, imho. I, for one, think we should thank him instead of carping over small stuff.

Mini-rant over.
I appericate what TJ has done. I just dont agree with charging.
Ratboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2005, 07:18 PM   #180
Ratboy
It's all over...

ಠ_ಠ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco_Beerslug
All you whiners about the ads need to increase your knowledge of how the net works (and take the appropriate measures to eliminate ads & pop ups) or learn how to live with them. I haven't seen any in almost a year.
Cheating TJ out of money?
Old 10-30-2005, 07:27 PM   #181
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

Quote:
I appericate what TJ has done. I just dont agree with charging.
Did he say this was going to become a pay site? I don't think he did... quite the opposite, in fact.
Old 10-30-2005, 07:31 PM   #182
Bronco_Beerslug
Angling in the Deep

Quote:
Cheating TJ out of money?

Yeah, I'm cheating him out of his money.
Old 10-30-2005, 07:33 PM   #183
Ratboy
It's all over...

ಠ_ಠ

Quote:
Did he say this was going to become a pay site? I don't think he did... quite the opposite, in fact.
No, but he is going to use the Ads as leverage.
Old 10-30-2005, 07:37 PM   #184
Bronco_Beerslug
Angling in the Deep

Quote:
One more time for the hearing impaired. The ads are there if you use inferior browsers. They don't exist if you use SUPERIOR browsers. It's your choice, not only here but anywhere else on the web that displays ads, whether you view them or not.
Old 10-30-2005, 07:39 PM   #185
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

Quote:
OK, but as others have observed here, there are technical means (Adblock) of avoiding seeing any ads whatsoever (without paying a thin dime). Given that fact, where is the problem?
Old 10-30-2005, 07:39 PM   #186
Broncoman13
Broncoholic

JT #80

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Orange Julius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tredici
Just made a personal observation. Not meant to taken as anything more than that.

Sorry, didn't mean to sound like I was bashing you or anything... you've just seemed a little negative lately. Thus the statement "I hope all is well"

Opinions are fine Slappy... I happen to have a few of our trade now that aren't very good!!! rofl
Broncoman13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2005, 07:42 PM   #187
Ratboy
It's all over...

ಠ_ಠ

Quote:
One more time for the hearing impaired. The ads are there if you use inferior browsers. They don't exist if you use SUPERIOR browsers. It's your choice, not only here but anywhere else on the web that displays ads, whether you view them or not.
Would this be one of your rants on how Firefox is better than IE?
Old 10-30-2005, 07:45 PM   #188
Bronco_Beerslug
Angling in the Deep

Quote:
Would this be one of your rants on how Firefox is better than IE?
Or Opera, either one. They really both are superior browsers. Both are absolutely free also.
Old 10-30-2005, 07:49 PM   #189
Ratboy
It's all over...

ಠ_ಠ

Quote:
Or Opera, either one. They really both are superior browsers. Both are absolutely free also.
I prefer IE. I have used Firefox when i had an issue with IE locking up within a few minutes on a website. After some troubleshooting i found out it was the NVidia firewall i had installed. I uninstalled that and used IE again.

Firefox was slow for me and i have a fast computer.
Old 10-30-2005, 07:50 PM   #190
Tredici
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSKIE
Sorry, didn't mean to sound like I was bashing you or anything... you've just seemed a little negative lately. Thus the statement "I hope all is well"

Opinions are fine Slappy... I happen to have a few of our trade now that aren't very good!!! rofl
See... if you've read the rest of this thread you'll see I was downright cheerful!

I find ad banners annoying. I don't know if thats a negative opinion. We all have our pet peeves.

Most of us found a huge one when suddenly it was 28-21.... but the Broncos did it right today. As long as that happens I'm good.
Tredici is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2005, 07:53 PM   #191
baja
Pat Bowlen

The best owner ever

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chase Vaughn

How did this thread get to be 8 pages long, it's free so there are adds, just like TV

like Mock says STFU or send TJ money
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2005, 07:54 PM   #192
Ratboy
It's all over...

ಠ_ಠ

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja fan
How did this thread get to be 8 pages long, it's free so there are adds, just like TV

like Mock says STFU or send TJ money
TV is not free... Unless you're getting hooked up?
Old 10-30-2005, 07:59 PM   #193
baja
Pat Bowlen

The best owner ever

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chase Vaughn

Quote:
You don't pay for the networks you do pay someone to deliver the signal
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2005, 08:04 PM   #194
Popps
TEAM FIRST.

Quote:
Again, take it a step further. BIG DEAL if the guy makes a few bucks while providing a great service. Since when was that a crime? Not to sound like Don King, but c'mon.

He's a fan, sure. That doesn't mean he can't ALSO be a fan, believe in what he's doing... and make a few bucks to help pay the bills.

I'll go out on a limb and say that Taco puts more of his time into this site per week than most of us do for anything we don't get paid for... and has for a few years. Again, if he wants to move some ads around or charge a fair fee, more power to him.
Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2005, 08:13 PM   #195
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tredici
See... if you've read the rest of this thread you'll see I was downright cheerful!

I find ad banners annoying. I don't know if thats a negative opinion. We all have our pet peeves.

Most of us found a huge one when suddenly it was 28-21.... but the Broncos did it right today. As long as that happens I'm good.
Yep... me too.
Old 10-30-2005, 08:19 PM   #196
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

Quote:
Free TV.... the networks available in your local area without paying a dime (as well as many cable stations one does pay for)... has commercials, right? If you accept ads on television, then why do you object to ads here on the Mane that you can scroll right on by in mere seconds?
Old 10-30-2005, 08:23 PM   #197
~Crash~
My new dog

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kuper

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlecRaenos

****ing stupid. This is by far your dumbest idea and I dont give a **** what you do about it and that's saying something because you have had some brainfart's of idea's before.

I hope, by doing this, you lose half the ****ing members of this board because why should they have to watch stupid ****ing ads in the middle of a ****ing thread because you want some extra cash.

You can lie to these ****ing people all you want, I know what the costs are and if you cant afford to maintain this site, then you need to shut it the **** down and get a better job. If you are paying more than 100 bucks a year total for this thing, you are a god damn idiot.

Since this is permanent, I can definately say this is no longer the best site for Bronco's on teh internet, BroncosFreak has surpassed you. ****ing cheap ass sellout.

I got permantly baned at the BroncosFreak for saying "pissing contest !!" have fun at Nazi ville heck I got a down load of IE plugin at the freak that crashed my computer for over a year I had to pay $30 to have that crap scraped out of my computer !!!! and the Bronco Freak did that to my computer so no they suck !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
there is always altenatives if you do not like adds at a forum . Kffl http://www.kffl.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17
~Crash~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2005, 08:23 PM   #198
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popps
Again, take it a step further. BIG DEAL if the guy makes a few bucks while providing a great service. Since when was that a crime? Not to sound like Don King, but c'mon.

He's a fan, sure. That doesn't mean he can't ALSO be a fan, believe in what he's doing... and make a few bucks to help pay the bills.

I'll go out on a limb and say that Taco puts more of his time into this site per week than most of us do for anything we don't get paid for... and has for a few years. Again, if he wants to move some ads around or charge a fair fee, more power to him.
I'd also wager you every vbuck I "own" that TJ has substantial capital invested in this site... far beyond any money the ads might bring in.
Old 10-30-2005, 08:23 PM   #199
Tredici
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Free TV.... the networks available in your local area without paying a dime (as well as many cable stations one does pay for)... has commercials, right? If you accept ads on television, then why do you object to ads here on the Mane that you can scroll right on by in mere seconds?
For me it's become all invasive. On "free" TV. On pay TV. On Satellite TV. On Cable TV. On the telephone I pay the bill on. On the internet. On my friggin' NFL Stadium.

And the funny thing is, I don't even think it's product effective. There are more things I won't buy because of their ads.

There's got to be a better way. It's not smart marketing anymore. It's just creepy, invasive, smother marketing.
Tredici is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2005, 08:26 PM   #200
JCMElway
Moderate-erator

Dominate!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Oleg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John
We're not going to go pay to play. The boards will always be free. However, since switching to a dedicated server, I have a hefty bill that I have to get paid every 6 months, and so I have to get creative about getting it paid.

Users will always have free access to post on the boards, but I am creating a member class of site supporters who will be able to view the board with no ads, and participate in special contests to win prizes (ie. Personalized jerseys or something) and things that non-supporters wont get.
Sounds great! I'm down with that. How much $ to be a site supporter?

J
JCMElway is offline   Reply With Quote