The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Announcements, Features and Feedback
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 10-30-2005, 02:09 PM   #151
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality

Welcome to Peyton's Place

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

In the grand scheme of things, is it really such an inconvenience to see a few ads? Jeez... it wouldn't kill any of us to click on one or two ads a day...

I cannot believe that some are threatening to leave the OM community over a few ads.
Blueflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2005, 02:10 PM   #152
Popps
It's so easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by REB
Ah c'mon people. The ad is no big deal. TJ needs to generate a little money to pay for all this. Geez, quit being so selfish. Click on the damn ad and help the guy out a little. First it's "I want a bigger rep schlong then him and now it's I don't want to see that ad." Good grief.

REB

1-2-3-!!!!!!!
The internet has created a generation of cheapskates unthought of in prior days. People feel entitled to what they want, when they want it and at no cost. Whether we're talking about downloading music (pirating) or expecting top flight services for absolutely no cost or even slight inconvenience.... people somehow feel that because something is on the internet, it's just a free for all.

As lame as Taco's football takes may be, he's busted his butt on this site. The guy moved some ads around in lieu of charging a fee. Big deal. At least he's not killing us with pop-ups or the ad-before-thread crap you get on some other sites.
I run a business, so I suppose my thinking may be a bit biased. But, I don't see how it's a crime to run a very entertaining fan site... and to try to make a few bucks doing it. I haven't seen his ledgers, but I'll guess he's around break-even... not even factoring in the effort.
Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2005, 02:14 PM   #153
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popps
The internet has created a generation of cheapskates unthought of in prior days. People feel entitled to what they want, when they want it and at no cost. Whether we're talking about downloading music (pirating) or expecting top flight services for absolutely no cost or even slight inconvenience.... people somehow feel that because something is on the internet, it's just a free for all.

Never more evident then when a group of misplaced folks from NO refuse to eat free sandwiches because they want Pizza Hut and McDonalds.

As long as the ad isn't too flashy...I'll get used to it.
Garcia Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2005, 02:15 PM   #154
Rock Chalk
Cheeky Bastards

Laus Deo

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueflame
In the grand scheme of things, is it really such an inconvenience to see a few ads? Jeez... it wouldn't kill any of us to click on one or two ads a day...

I cannot believe that some are threatening to leave the OM community over a few ads.
Yes, it is an inconvenience. I stopped going to ESPN because of ads and since stupid ass is making this permanent, I expect many of the posters to stop coming here.

Go click on an ad, I will click on it fifty times a day just so TJ gets in trouble for click fraud.
Rock Chalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2005, 02:16 PM   #155
PatsWin2002
Giggity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popps
As lame as Taco's football takes may be...........
Classic Popps right there!

TJ, I think there was an underhanded compliment somewhere in the rest of it.
PatsWin2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2005, 02:20 PM   #156
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatsWin2002
Classic Popps right there!

TJ, I think there was an underhanded compliment somewhere in the rest of it.

They may do them "Under" up there in Boston...but every where else it's "Backhanded".
Old 10-30-2005, 02:20 PM   #157
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality

Welcome to Peyton's Place

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlecRaenos
Yes, it is an inconvenience. I stopped going to ESPN because of ads and since stupid ass is making this permanent, I expect many of the posters to stop coming here.

Go click on an ad, I will click on it fifty times a day just so TJ gets in trouble for click fraud.
I don't mind admitting that I'm addicted to the Mane and nothing... certainly not a few ads... is going to make me even consider leaving.

Why the extreme hostility toward TJ, Alec? Unless he threatened to ban you unless you send him $100 or something, I don't get it....
Blueflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2005, 02:37 PM   #158
Dagmar
...there ain't no devil

..there's just God when he's drunk.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tim Tebow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueflame

We'll never leave, anyone who does is not worth caring about anyway. Best. Board. Ever.
Dagmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2005, 06:34 PM   #159
OrangeShadow
armed

and dangerous

I wasnt complaining or even upset,just curious
OrangeShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2005, 06:39 PM   #160
Pick Six
Armchair Poster

It's not like the ads take a whole page. Skip over them if you are annoyed. Some of you make it sound like it's the end of the world to see a few ads in the middle of a thread. However, some of the ads point to sites I would never have found if not for the ads. We owe TJ at least the CHANCE to cover his costs on this site...
Pick Six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2005, 06:41 PM   #161
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson

I'm already used to it. That took 12 hours.
Old 10-30-2005, 06:55 PM   #162
Ratboy
It's all over...

ಠ_ಠ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco
I'm already used to it. That took 12 hours.
I am too, but i don't like how taco is running it. It's no longer a fanpage for the fans. It's a Broncos board for the money.

If he is making money off this board, i suggest the moderators demand a precentage it makes, it's only right.
Ratboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2005, 07:02 PM   #163
Pick Six
Armchair Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratboy
I am too, but i don't like how taco is running it. It's no longer a fanpage for the fans. It's a Broncos board for the money.

If he is making money off this board, i suggest the moderators demand a precentage it makes, it's only right.
Mods don't keep this site physically running. Who do we b**** at when the site is down? TJ. We wouldn't be here if weren't for TJ's vision. He's trying to keep this as painless as possible by going the ad route...
Pick Six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2005, 07:05 PM   #164
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Quote:

Post like this make me sick.

I don't know what to tell you kid.
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2005, 07:05 PM   #165
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

I'm going to go spend some time with my wife.
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2005, 07:10 PM   #166
-Slap-
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuggets4
QFMFT. It'll have the damn music videos too. I'm still pissed at Time Warner for selling me 6 DVD's (or 8?) of episodes with NO videos. Bastards.

BTW TJ, since this has turned into the resident b****ing thread of the day, I was just curious if you were going to add the links to the bottom of the posts again (USER CP, FAQ, etc. along with "Discussion, General", etc.). I really liked that, but can adjust.
Yeah, I knew the Time Warner ones weren't going to have the videos and I bought them anyway. Still funny, but not nearly as good. I don't know what it is about Beavis and Butthead, but nothing makes me laugh harder.

-Slap- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2005, 07:13 PM   #167
Ratboy
It's all over...

ಠ_ಠ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John
Post like this make me sick.

I don't know what to tell you kid.
Why? Because i nailed it? I'm giving you a prespective from the outside view. It makes you look like you're just doing it for money.

Tell me if i'm wrong, you have said you love running this board and it's or the broncos fans.

Adding something so simple like adds and charging to take them off?
Old 10-30-2005, 07:23 PM   #168
-Slap-
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Why? Because i nailed it? I'm giving you a prespective from the outside view. It makes you look like you're just doing it for money.

Tell me if i'm wrong, you have said you love running this board and it's or the broncos fans.

Adding something so simple like adds and charging to take them off?
Spoken like someone who's never made a mortgage payment. Capitalism is not evil, no matter what you've been led to believe.

Do you think the things that happen around here occur magically? Shouldn't the guy get anything for his time and effort? How much is your time worth?
-Slap- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2005, 07:25 PM   #169
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata

I seen him!

I swear to Christ, we've got some around here who'd bang a super model and then get up and complain because their pecker was wet.
Clockwork Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2005, 07:30 PM   #170
Ratboy
It's all over...

ಠ_ಠ

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Slap-
Spoken like someone who's never made a mortgage payment. Capitalism is not evil, no matter what you've been led to believe.

Do you think the things that happen around here occur magically? Shouldn't the guy get anything for his time and effort? How much is your time worth?
I never said it was evil.

I never said he was a bad person for charging people.

If TJ needs money, charge for posting then. Don't add ads without notice and say you have to pay to make them disappear. I wouldnt care so much if he came out before they were put here and said "blah blah, OM is taking alot of my time and money and i have to do something i really wish i didnt have to, but i am going to charge people to post (or w/e)"

There is plenty of ways to get money without actually "charging".

Over at BuffaloRange they have Flash games, He could have people buy coins (like rep) and you can play different games.
Old 10-30-2005, 07:37 PM   #171
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★

I didn't click on the ads before, and I'm sure as hell not going to now. It's like a game, it's become harder & I have adapted to the changes & will not click.

Unfortunately, it's terrible the ads are in the threads & posts. This is worse than message boards I frequent. Not a good job board admin. Not a good job...
maven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2005, 07:44 PM   #172
troya900
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by maven
I didn't click on the ads before, and I'm sure as hell not going to now. It's like a game, it's become harder & I have adapted to the changes & will not click.

Unfortunately, it's terrible the ads are in the threads & posts. This is worse than message boards I frequent. Not a good job board admin. Not a good job...
I'm sorry but I have to agree. What's wrong with keeping the ads in normal places like most sites. Not one message board I've ever been to has banners pop up in between the middle of threads and also in between posts of the threads. Now I can't say for sure you might lose some posters probably not many, but I think it will be really unattractive for new posters who come here they will notice that right away and see those ads right in the middle of stuff and be turned off.
troya900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2005, 07:44 PM   #173
Sir Mawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crushaholic
It's not like the ads take a whole page. Skip over them if you are annoyed. Some of you make it sound like it's the end of the world to see a few ads in the middle of a thread. However, some of the ads point to sites I would never have found if not for the ads. We owe TJ at least the CHANCE to cover his costs on this site...
And I agree.
Sir Mawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2005, 07:58 PM   #174
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crushaholic
Top boards on the internet do not post ads in the middle of threads & posts. It's not the end of the world, but people who use the internet want to enjoy the experience & not be bothered by silly ads. I don't owe TJ shi*t because if someone was to produce an equivalent site or better I would migrate towards it & ditch this site. That's how the internet works. Some may disagree, but it's the truth.
maven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2005, 08:07 PM   #175
Bronco_Beerslug
Angling in the Deep

Quote:
Originally Posted by maven
Top boards on the internet do not post ads in the middle of threads & posts. It's not the end of the world, but people who use the internet want to enjoy the experience & not be bothered by silly ads. I don't owe TJ shi*t because if someone was to produce an equivalent site or better I would migrate towards it & ditch this site. That's how the internet works. Some may disagree, but it's the truth.

So you're trapped here?
Bronco_Beerslug is offline   Reply With Quote