The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Announcements, Features and Feedback
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 10-30-2005, 10:54 AM   #101
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosko
I just scroll past it like it's a waffleboy post.

Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2005, 10:55 AM   #102
Rock Chalk
Cheeky Bastards

Laus Deo

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
No, not when you put it like that. I think we would lose some quality posters though. I don't want to foot the bill. I would rather have the History Channel do it. It's not ugly. I just scroll past it like it's a waffleboy post.
I got them blocked so they dont bother me now. Id pay a dollar a month to post here, hell I pay more than that to listen to one game a week for 16 weeks of the year on NFL.com.

Im here every day almost. It'd be worth a dollar.
Rock Chalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2005, 10:56 AM   #103
Dagmar
...there ain't no devil

..there's just God when he's drunk.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tim Tebow

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlecRaenos
:shrug: I dont know what his problem is. I followed the whole thing and you gave him the same advice I would have.
You just enjoy insulting people sometimes man. I followed your advice and repped you and Jens for your help, no need for that.

I also got it sorted and said that before PatsWIn posted that.

Cheers everyone for their help...I'm still repping those good samaritins.
Dagmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2005, 10:58 AM   #104
Bronco_Beerslug
Angling in the Deep

Quote:
No, not when you put it like that. I think we would lose some quality posters though. I don't want to foot the bill. I would rather have the History Channel do it. It's not ugly. I just scroll past it like it's a waffleboy post.
If people thought the rep thing brought a little controversy wait until the pay to play thing gets going
Bronco_Beerslug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2005, 10:58 AM   #105
GreatBronco16
!!!TEAM!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Defense

Quote:
It's just a 2" ad to keep this site free. OMG! My eyes, my eyes! Take it off! Some people would pay for this site to remove the ad, but we would lose about half the members.
Well it would get rid of the trolls.
GreatBronco16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2005, 10:59 AM   #106
Rock Chalk
Cheeky Bastards

Laus Deo

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John
Sorry. It's a permanent thing.

****ing stupid. This is by far your dumbest idea and I dont give a **** what you do about it and that's saying something because you have had some brainfart's of idea's before.

I hope, by doing this, you lose half the ****ing members of this board because why should they have to watch stupid ****ing ads in the middle of a ****ing thread because you want some extra cash.

You can lie to these ****ing people all you want, I know what the costs are and if you cant afford to maintain this site, then you need to shut it the **** down and get a better job. If you are paying more than 100 bucks a year total for this thing, you are a god damn idiot.

Since this is permanent, I can definately say this is no longer the best site for Bronco's on teh internet, BroncosFreak has surpassed you. ****ing cheap ass sellout.
Rock Chalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2005, 10:59 AM   #107
-Slap-
Ring of Famer

Quote:
WOTW was ruined for me when they set the electro shock impluse that took out all electronics, and then three minutes later they're showing someone holding up an electronic hand-cam to film the alien craft. It was such a blatant oversight that it bugged me for the whole rest of the movie. Usually I can stomach goofiness in a popcorn flick, but WOTW really disappointed me.
Hah! I love plot holes you can drive an alien spacecraft through.

Jabootu's Bad Movie Dimension is one of the funniest websites ever devoted to cinematic trash.

Ken Begg reviews all four Jaws movies in succession and its utterly amazing to see how badly that series deteriorated. No other movie series in film history had such a large gap in quality between the original film and the final sequel.

-Slap- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2005, 11:06 AM   #108
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Quote:
You can lie to these ****ing people all you want, I know what the costs are and if you cant afford to maintain this site, then you need to shut it the **** down and get a better job. If you are paying more than 100 bucks a year total for this thing, you are a god damn idiot.

I pay $80 a month...

http://ipower.com/dedicated.html
Old 10-30-2005, 11:08 AM   #109
Dagmar
...there ain't no devil

..there's just God when he's drunk.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tim Tebow

Quote:

****ing stupid. This is by far your dumbest idea and I dont give a **** what you do about it and that's saying something because you have had some brainfart's of idea's before.

I hope, by doing this, you lose half the ****ing members of this board because why should they have to watch stupid ****ing ads in the middle of a ****ing thread because you want some extra cash.

Since this is permanent, I can definately say this is no longer the best site for Bronco's on teh internet, BroncosFreak has surpassed you. ****ing cheap ass sellout.
Smoke a bowl and calm down dude! You dealt with the Ads and helped me and others do so, thus, it's only a problem for the part-timers.

Calm blue ocean, calm blue ocean....
Dagmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2005, 11:08 AM   #110
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson

Awesome...I'm glad this is the topic of conversation on game day.
Garcia Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2005, 11:09 AM   #111
GreatBronco16
!!!TEAM!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Defense

Quote:

ESPN will allways welcome you back Alec. I'm sure you will be a big splash over there again.

On a side note, do you and TJ have each other on ignore? You offered in an earlier post to give him some ideas on how to generate money without having ads. Then TJ comes back and posts that he is willing to take ideas from people so he can get rid of the ads in the threads etc, and now you come back with that post.

If you can help him out and truly want these ads gone, then give TJ a PM and help him out.
Old 10-30-2005, 11:12 AM   #112
Jens1893
Ring of Famer

Quote:
look into the amazon idea. if have no idea how popular amazon is with the members on this board or in the us in general, but im sure it could cover for some of your costs.
Jens1893 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2005, 11:12 AM   #113
Arkie
Ring of Famer

Say 'what' again, I dare you

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Slap-
Hah! I love plot holes you can drive an alien spacecraft through.

Jabootu's Bad Movie Dimension is one of the funniest websites ever devoted to cinematic trash.

Ken Begg reviews all four Jaws movies in succession and its utterly amazing to see how badly that series deteriorated. No other movie series in film history had such a large gap in quality between the original film and the final sequel.

Rocky would be a close 2nd. I heard they are making Rocky 6. Sly is 59 years old. He said he was retiring at the end of the original Rocky.
Arkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2005, 11:14 AM   #114
GreatBronco16
!!!TEAM!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Defense

Quote:
oh yeah... for what it's worth, the ad on the thread index is set to split the sticky topics from the non-sticky topics... If anyone is angry about this and has any ideas on how to generate enough money each month to cover the costs of a dedicated server without the ads, my PM box is always open.
Come on people. If any of you can help him out then please do so.
Old 10-30-2005, 11:18 AM   #115
dnvrbrncos

Quote:
WOTW was ruined for me when they set the electro shock impluse that took out all electronics, and then three minutes later they're showing someone holding up an electronic hand-cam to film the alien craft. It was such a blatant oversight that it bugged me for the whole rest of the movie. Usually I can stomach goofiness in a popcorn flick, but WOTW really disappointed me.
What about the death rays which disintegrated human flesh, while leaving their clothes intact, before then blowing a building to pieces?
dnvrbrncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2005, 11:18 AM   #116
-Slap-
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Rocky would be a close 2nd. I heard they are making Rocky 6. Sly is 59 years old. He said he was retiring at the end of the original Rocky.
No doubt. I loved the original Rocky, but I'm not sure I would say it was as great a movie as the original Jaws. As horrendous as the Tommy Gunn Morrison Rocky V episode was, I don't know if it sucked as hard as Jaws: The Revenge.

The Death Wish series is another one that started with an excellent first film which devolved into utter garbage.
Old 10-30-2005, 11:19 AM   #117
Tredici
Ring of Famer

All I know is none of this bickering was this serious until that mysterious moment when Brian Griese took the field in a Bronco uniform.

Therefore I vote for the "It's Brian's Fault" option.
Tredici is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2005, 11:21 AM   #118
-Slap-
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tredici
All I know is none of this bickering was this serious until that mysterious moment when Brian Griese took the field in a Bronco uniform.

You miss the Bubby Brister era, do you?

Old 10-30-2005, 11:22 AM   #119
Tredici
Ring of Famer

Quote:
You miss the Bubby Brister era, do you?

It was only Pre-Season, man. Pre-season!
Tredici is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2005, 11:22 AM   #120
elsid13
Lost In Space

Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna

Quote:

Very Evil
elsid13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2005, 11:23 AM   #121
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Quote:
As horrendous as the Tommy Gunn Morrison Rocky V episode was, I don't know if it sucked as hard as Jaws: The Revenge.

Wasn't the tag line for Jaws:The Revenge something like "This Time It's Personal."
Old 10-30-2005, 11:25 AM   #122
dnvrbrncos

Quote:
If you add this filter: http://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/* (make sure you add the asterisk after that last slash) then they all go away.
Muchas gracias. Much better.
dnvrbrncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2005, 11:26 AM   #123
-Slap-
Ring of Famer

Quote:
It was only Pre-Season, man. Pre-season!
Hey! Who said pre-season games count?

Old 10-30-2005, 11:27 AM   #124
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Quote:

Just for the record... Did you really make this post after you had already disabled the ads?
Old 10-30-2005, 11:28 AM   #125
-Slap-
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Wasn't the tag line for Jaws:The Revenge something like "This Time It's Personal."
Yeah, this time the giant shark follows the family from Maine to the Bahamas so it can exact revenge against the remaining members of the Brody clan. Its actually a worse giant-marine-animal-exacting-revenge-against-a-human movie than Orca, and that's saying something.