The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Announcements, Features and Feedback
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-22-2005, 04:43 PM   #51
Jens1893
Ring of Famer
 
Jens1893's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2001
Location: People´s Republic of Bad Cannstatt
Posts: 9,127
Default

what is rep power?
Jens1893 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2005, 04:52 PM   #52
Rock Chalk
Cheeky Bastards
 
Rock Chalk's Avatar
 
Laus Deo

Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: The Backside of the Internet
Posts: 29,721

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John
It's a couple of factors... Tenure is one... Rep is the other...
Looks like favoritism too.

Since i have the most rep and I have been here almost as long as Sassy, I should have at least as high a rep stick as hers, but inistead she has a bigger rep stick.

I am not amused.
Rock Chalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2005, 04:52 PM   #53
OrangeShadow
armed
 
and dangerous

Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 6,757
Default

i didnt have to re upload my avy
OrangeShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2005, 04:54 PM   #54
Hogan11
Rock-N-Roll Historian
 
Hogan11's Avatar
 
Let's take these SOB's out!!!!!!

Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: W.NY.B.C.
Posts: 20,988

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Floyd Little
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jens
what is rep power?
I wouldn't worry about it.....it means nothing because it'll just be reset at the beginning of next season.
Hogan11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2005, 04:57 PM   #55
baja
Headmaster
 
baja's Avatar
 
The Fixer

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 61,302

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson
Default

I liked having the tool bar on the bottom as well as on the top of the thread page because you could just hit "user CP" instead of "Go" that way you were taken to your "new subscribed threads" allowing you to follow your varied discussions no matter if they were on page two, three, four or in the war room. Whenever a new post was made no matter where you could find in at a glance in user CP.

Last edited by baja; 10-22-2005 at 04:59 PM..
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2005, 06:25 PM   #56
Taco John
24/7 Broncos
 
Taco John's Avatar
 
All Hail King Midas

Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 50,581

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja fan
I liked having the tool bar on the bottom as well as on the top of the thread page because you could just hit "user CP" instead of "Go" that way you were taken to your "new subscribed threads" allowing you to follow your varied discussions no matter if they were on page two, three, four or in the war room. Whenever a new post was made no matter where you could find in at a glance in user CP.


I plan on bringing back a lot of the old enhancements... I was just up until 4am last night getting the forum backed up, reloaded and upgraded.

Keep mentioning them and I'll get them added to the list
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2005, 06:27 PM   #57
REB
LP.org/L4L.org
 
REB's Avatar
 
"This one's for John!" 3:16

Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: 'I guess he'd rather be in Colorado'
Posts: 8,412
Default

In case your not aware TJ, ya can't upload avatars or pics.

REB

1-2-3-!!!!!!!
REB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2005, 06:35 PM   #58
ZachKC
For The Glory Of The City
 
ZachKC's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Kansas City
Posts: 9,837

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eddie Kennison
Default

Whenever you get time I liked having a link to the main forum over the "next thread" and "previous thread" buttons below all the posts.
ZachKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2005, 06:36 PM   #59
Taco John
24/7 Broncos
 
Taco John's Avatar
 
All Hail King Midas

Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 50,581

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlecRaenos
Looks like favoritism too.

Since i have the most rep and I have been here almost as long as Sassy, I should have at least as high a rep stick as hers, but inistead she has a bigger rep stick.

I am not amused.


Nah... No favoritism. Check out Crush Girl's rep. If there were favoritism, she'd be able to crack some skulls.

The system is currently weighted in favor of length of time here and number of posts...

For every 365 days, users gain 1 point of reputation-altering power. For every For every 10000 posts, users gain 1 point of reputation-altering power.

For every 100,000 points of reputation, users gain 1 point of reputation-altering power.

I have been considering changing the final option, but have decided to wait until after I delete "rep whoring" threads to do that. Which I'd ad, would knock Alec's rep down immensely. But people seem to enjoy them so I figure what the hell, let them have their fun. Also I'd ad, I am trying to combat a situation where a new person can come in and have a full rep bar by the end of the week.

The only part of rep I honestly care about is the comments anyway. The rest is a bunch of fluff that means little over the long haul. It's just a diversion that adds a little spice to the board. If rep meant anything anyways, I'd have a bunch of it thanking me for upgrading the board and working out the bugs instead of people starting threads about whether the changes are good enough for them or not.

/just sayin...
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2005, 07:26 PM   #60
BritBronco Maniac
Realist
 

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Brighton, England
Posts: 2,579
Default

Are you fishing for REP TJ??

If only I could rep myself...
BritBronco Maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2005, 07:29 PM   #61
Taco John
24/7 Broncos
 
Taco John's Avatar
 
All Hail King Midas

Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 50,581

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning
Default

heh... always...
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2005, 07:36 PM   #62
BritBronco Maniac
Realist
 

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Brighton, England
Posts: 2,579
Default

Repwhore!!
BritBronco Maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2005, 07:36 PM   #63
Bronx33
lets go partner
 
Bronx33's Avatar
 
Rumpson Rocks

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Lakewood,Colo
Posts: 40,309

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John
Nah... No favoritism. Check out Crush Girl's rep. If there were favoritism, she'd be able to crack some skulls.

The system is currently weighted in favor of length of time here and number of posts...

For every 365 days, users gain 1 point of reputation-altering power. For every For every 10000 posts, users gain 1 point of reputation-altering power.

For every 100,000 points of reputation, users gain 1 point of reputation-altering power.

I have been considering changing the final option, but have decided to wait until after I delete "rep whoring" threads to do that. Which I'd ad, would knock Alec's rep down immensely. But people seem to enjoy them so I figure what the hell, let them have their fun. Also I'd ad, I am trying to combat a situation where a new person can come in and have a full rep bar by the end of the week.

The only part of rep I honestly care about is the comments anyway. The rest is a bunch of fluff that means little over the long haul. It's just a diversion that adds a little spice to the board. If rep meant anything anyways, I'd have a bunch of it thanking me for upgrading the board and working out the bugs instead of people starting threads about whether the changes are good enough for them or not.

/just sayin...










[PHP]The system is currently weighted in favor of length of time here and number of posts...

For every 365 days, users gain 1 point of reputation-altering power. For every For every 10000 posts, users gain 1 point of reputation-altering power.

For every 100,000 points of reputation, users gain 1 point of reputation-altering power.[/PHP]

Sounds like the pokemon scoring system.......lol
Bronx33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2005, 07:38 PM   #64
BritBronco Maniac
Realist
 

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Brighton, England
Posts: 2,579
Default

So long as Bob has 0 rep power I'm good with it!
BritBronco Maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2005, 07:48 PM   #65
big56fan#1
Orange and Blue baby!!!!
 
big56fan#1's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Follansbee West Virgina
Posts: 405
Default

big56fan#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2005, 07:59 PM   #66
ZachKC
For The Glory Of The City
 
ZachKC's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Kansas City
Posts: 9,837

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eddie Kennison
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronx33
[PHP]The system is currently weighted in favor of length of time here and number of posts...

For every 365 days, users gain 1 point of reputation-altering power. For every For every 10000 posts, users gain 1 point of reputation-altering power.

For every 100,000 points of reputation, users gain 1 point of reputation-altering power.[/PHP]

Sounds like the pokemon scoring system.......lol
Pokemon? WTF?
ZachKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2005, 08:05 PM   #67
24champ
Bring back Kubiak!
 
24champ's Avatar
 
Keep Calm and Chive on

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Southern California
Posts: 19,944

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZachKC
Pokemon? WTF?
go back to bed....

Anyway taco i cant put a new avatar up, its great avatar material and I KNOW Giants fans would love it.....
24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2005, 08:08 PM   #68
Broncoman13
Broncoholic
 
Broncoman13's Avatar
 
JT #80

Join Date: May 2001
Location: Colorado
Posts: 16,807

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Orange Julius
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John
Nah... No favoritism. Check out Crush Girl's rep. If there were favoritism, she'd be able to crack some skulls.

The system is currently weighted in favor of length of time here and number of posts...

For every 365 days, users gain 1 point of reputation-altering power. For every For every 10000 posts, users gain 1 point of reputation-altering power.

For every 100,000 points of reputation, users gain 1 point of reputation-altering power.

I have been considering changing the final option, but have decided to wait until after I delete "rep whoring" threads to do that. Which I'd ad, would knock Alec's rep down immensely. But people seem to enjoy them so I figure what the hell, let them have their fun. Also I'd ad, I am trying to combat a situation where a new person can come in and have a full rep bar by the end of the week.

The only part of rep I honestly care about is the comments anyway. The rest is a bunch of fluff that means little over the long haul. It's just a diversion that adds a little spice to the board. If rep meant anything anyways, I'd have a bunch of it thanking me for upgrading the board and working out the bugs instead of people starting threads about whether the changes are good enough for them or not.

/just sayin...

Check your rep...whore!!! Oh, and thanks! Not just for this upgrade but for giving me a place to visit on the net just about everyday for the past 4 years and 5 months. I've said it once and I'll say it again... you have many a beers with your name on them the day we meet!
Broncoman13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2005, 08:09 PM   #69
Atlas
Draft Defense Early&Often
 
Atlas's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 18,372
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja fan
I can't reload my avatar because the the bikini top was rubbed off
WAAAAHHOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Atlas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2005, 08:11 PM   #70
missingnumber7
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Mandan
Posts: 4,981

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tyrone Braxton
Default

i think my head is spinning
missingnumber7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2005, 08:16 PM   #71
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality
 
Blueflame's Avatar
 
Welcome to Peyton's Place

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in my cups... lol
Posts: 33,852

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24champbailey
go back to bed....

Anyway taco i cant put a new avatar up, its great avatar material and I KNOW Giants fans would love it.....
Can you upload the new pic to a webhost like photobucket or imageshack and hotlink it? That's what I'd try...

Looks like the database error that erased my user account in May '03 has cost me a couple points' worth of rep power...
Blueflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2005, 08:31 PM   #72
-Slap-
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 31,806
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John
Nah... No favoritism. Check out Crush Girl's rep. If there were favoritism, she'd be able to crack some skulls.

The system is currently weighted in favor of length of time here and number of posts...

For every 365 days, users gain 1 point of reputation-altering power. For every For every 10000 posts, users gain 1 point of reputation-altering power.

For every 100,000 points of reputation, users gain 1 point of reputation-altering power.

I have been considering changing the final option, but have decided to wait until after I delete "rep whoring" threads to do that. Which I'd ad, would knock Alec's rep down immensely. But people seem to enjoy them so I figure what the hell, let them have their fun. Also I'd ad, I am trying to combat a situation where a new person can come in and have a full rep bar by the end of the week.

The only part of rep I honestly care about is the comments anyway. The rest is a bunch of fluff that means little over the long haul. It's just a diversion that adds a little spice to the board. If rep meant anything anyways, I'd have a bunch of it thanking me for upgrading the board and working out the bugs instead of people starting threads about whether the changes are good enough for them or not.

/just sayin...
Rep should have never been weighted. All positive rep should be worth one point, unless you're in the black, then your rep should mean nothing. If you max out your rep bars, then you get two points. That's it. Then all posts and all posters would be measured equally, except the canal water sucking trolls.

Instead you've decided to take a poster who's been banned for misconduct on three separate occasions and make him the most influential member of the community. I guess since we all understand that rep is often reciprocol, you figure that will improve his pitiful average of one rep dot per 11,500 posts.

The criteria you selected to justify this misguided act of charity makes you look more prejudiced, not less. There are 1176 active members on this board, but only 13, a scant .011 percent, meet the requisite of 10,000 posts. Even worse, the join dates listed on this board are inaccurate after the various resets.

So, whatever, Isaac, run a rigged game if that makes you happy. I wish you the best.
-Slap- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2005, 08:37 PM   #73
baja
Headmaster
 
baja's Avatar
 
The Fixer

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 61,302

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Slap-
Rep should have never been weighted. All positive rep should be worth one point, unless you're in the black, then your rep should mean nothing. If you max out your rep bars, then you get two points. That's it. Then all posts and all posters would be measured equally, except the canal water sucking trolls.

Instead you've decided to take a poster who's been banned for misconduct on three separate occasions and make him the most influential member of the community. I guess since we all understand that rep is often reciprocol, you figure that will improve his pitiful average of one rep dot per 11,500 posts.

The criteria you selected to justify this misguided act of charity makes you look more prejudiced, not less. There are 1176 active members on this board, but only 13, a scant .011 percent, meet the requisite of 10,000 posts. Even worse, the join dates listed on this board are inaccurate after the various resets.

So, whatever, Isaac, run a rigged game if that makes you happy. I wish you the best.
You will always find your way to the top no matter how the system is weighted because you have some of the best football takes and some of the funniest posts on the board. Last time I checked you were#1 as it should be . Relax Bro, you the man and everyone knows it.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2005, 08:43 PM   #74
Atlas
Draft Defense Early&Often
 
Atlas's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 18,372
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore
Oooo. It's cleaner. I never needed to re-load my avatar.
Me neither
Atlas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2005, 08:44 PM   #75
24champ
Bring back Kubiak!
 
24champ's Avatar
 
Keep Calm and Chive on

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Southern California
Posts: 19,944

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueflame
Can you upload the new pic to a webhost like photobucket or imageshack and hotlink it? That's what I'd try...

Looks like the database error that erased my user account in May '03 has cost me a couple points' worth of rep power...
tried photobucket and didnt work either....such a good avatar!
24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:50 AM.


Denver Broncos