The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 08-03-2005, 03:53 AM   #1
watermock
"Hoodie Jr"

"Hug me!"

Default Eminent Domain gone Crazy

They are throwing out a business in San Diego to put up a freaking strip mall!

This is a business with 1500 customers.

This is freaking reeking of Nazi! Private for Private? This is a private company forced to move to another private company by edict to pad the tax base. It's so unconstitutional it's ludicrous.

If a private party wants my property, I should be able to sell it to the highest bidder, or not sell at all. This isn't an interstate project, I understand eminent domain, but Jesus Christ. The goverment can't take away your property for other private ventures. It reeks of bribery. I'm livid. If a private party wants your property, they should have to buy it. It's an outrage IMO. So I nurse a property for 30 years only to have the county decide they want to develop it for PRIVATE use?

I literally can't believe it. They are doing this all over the country. They allready mad a land grab for the new Cowboy stadium. I'm very progressive, but damn. Yoiu can't just run roughshawd over land owners rights. Not if it's not eminent domain. That was bad enough, now they get to put strip malls over your property to enhance the tax base?

And the Democrats are screaming at the court. I want to b**** slap them all as it is.
watermock is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-03-2005, 06:18 AM   #2
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Latest news: every Walmart in the greater San Diego area has sold out of firearms.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 12:11 PM   #3
Meck77

Mock you are a wise man. You called it back in 2005.

Governments across this country are testing their new power of eminent domain for profit.

Last edited by Meck77; 02-27-2008 at 12:15 PM..
Meck77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 12:42 PM   #4
Kaylore
4 time AFCW Champs

12 straight road division wins

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Eminent Domain is supposed to prevent one crazy farmer from holding up an interstate and thus hurting an enitre area. Lately it's a hustle to take property from people and redevelop it to increase their own tax revenue. You think its bad out here, the east coast has been pretty much robbing people for years using these methods.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 04:08 PM   #5
BroncoBuff

Playing for January

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MALIK+QUANTERUS

watermock rocks!

www.EminentDomainSucks.com
BroncoBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 04:39 PM   #6
Needa Pass Rush
Never say Always

68,000 post rule!

How the "L" are ye, Mocky?
Needa Pass Rush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 04:57 PM   #7
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Needa Pass Rush View Post
68,000 post rule!

How the "L" are ye, Mocky?
don't hold your breath on a reply. his post is 2 and a half years old!
Old 02-27-2008, 05:12 PM   #8
Meck77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
He's been posting in the maniac discussion forum lately. He's starting to sound like the ole mock more and more these days as a matter of fact.
Old 02-27-2008, 05:29 PM   #9
Needa Pass Rush
Never say Always

Quote:
Yes, check him out. He's over in Meck ED thread.
Needa Pass Rush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 05:33 PM   #10
BroncoBuff

Playing for January

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MALIK+QUANTERUS

Quote:
Oh ....
BroncoBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 05:48 PM   #11
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBuff View Post
Oh ....
Actually he is posting more now. He had another Mock classic regarding the trades in the Should I join the army thread.
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 06:01 PM   #12
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meck77 View Post
He's been posting in the maniac discussion forum lately. He's starting to sound like the ole mock more and more these days as a matter of fact.
What is the maniac discussion forum?
Old 02-27-2008, 06:18 PM   #13
Meck77

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=43
Old 02-27-2008, 06:24 PM   #14
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Yeah I am retarded. I knew the answer to that but still it didn't click until you linked it. I always just browse through my User Panel and by hitting New Posts. I rarely look at the forum names!
Old 05-09-2011, 12:23 PM   #15
Meck77

So the government suddenly has 14,000 "extra properties". You can bet that a lot of those were acquired through eminent domain. Now that development has screeched to a halt "They are extra" and unwanted.

It made sense for them to hold it when the properties they took appreciated but uncle sam is busted now! The chinese will probably snap them up once they start dumping them.

http://www.realtor.org/RMODaily.nsf/...News2011050604

Daily Real Estate News | May 6, 2011 | Share
Gov't Looks to Reduce Real Estate Inventory
The Obama administration is looking to get rid of 14,000 surplus properties that the federal government owns around the country and is costing taxpayers money to maintain.

The surplus properties include everything from unused roads and empty lots to warehouses and office buildings.

"The government can no longer foot the bill for vacant buildings," says Rep. Jason Chaffetz, R-Utah, who also has authored a bill to quickly dispose of the government’s surplus property, but without using a special commission as the Obama administration has proposed.

The federal government spent about $134 million to maintain surplus buildings in 2009. The Obama administration says that improving the government’s management of surplus properties stands to save taxpayers $15 billion over several years.

The Obama administration is proposing a special commission be used to handle the surplus property in order to try to sidestep problems that have hindered the sale of these properties in the past. The presidentially-appointed, seven-member Civilian Property Realignment Board would evaluate surplus federal properties and make recommendations to "significantly reduce" the government’s real estate inventory, which ultimately would be voted upon by Congress.

The government believes there are some 12,000 surplus federal properties within the U.S. and about 2,000 overseas. The commission would not deal with military, national security sites, national parks, or wildlife refuges.

Source: “Obama Seeks Special Panel to Unload Federal Real Estate,” McClatchy Newspapers (May 4, 2011)

Read more:
Quiz: Property Marketing

Last edited by Meck77; 05-09-2011 at 12:25 PM..
Old 05-09-2011, 12:53 PM   #16
BowlenBall
Hurry Hurry

2014 -- This one's for Pat.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Paradis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meck77 View Post
So the government suddenly has 14,000 "extra properties". You can bet that a lot of those were acquired through eminent domain. Now that development has screeched to a halt "They are extra" and unwanted.

It made sense for them to hold it when the properties they took appreciated but uncle sam is busted now! The chinese will probably snap them up once they start dumping them.

http://www.realtor.org/RMODaily.nsf/...News2011050604

Daily Real Estate News | May 6, 2011 | Share
Gov't Looks to Reduce Real Estate Inventory
The Obama administration is looking to get rid of 14,000 surplus properties that the federal government owns around the country and is costing taxpayers money to maintain.

The surplus properties include everything from unused roads and empty lots to warehouses and office buildings.

"The government can no longer foot the bill for vacant buildings," says Rep. Jason Chaffetz, R-Utah, who also has authored a bill to quickly dispose of the government’s surplus property, but without using a special commission as the Obama administration has proposed.

The federal government spent about $134 million to maintain surplus buildings in 2009. The Obama administration says that improving the government’s management of surplus properties stands to save taxpayers $15 billion over several years.

The Obama administration is proposing a special commission be used to handle the surplus property in order to try to sidestep problems that have hindered the sale of these properties in the past. The presidentially-appointed, seven-member Civilian Property Realignment Board would evaluate surplus federal properties and make recommendations to "significantly reduce" the government’s real estate inventory, which ultimately would be voted upon by Congress.

The government believes there are some 12,000 surplus federal properties within the U.S. and about 2,000 overseas. The commission would not deal with military, national security sites, national parks, or wildlife refuges.

Source: “Obama Seeks Special Panel to Unload Federal Real Estate,” McClatchy Newspapers (May 4, 2011)

Read more:
Quiz: Property Marketing
Don't they need all those buildings to store the black helicopters?
BowlenBall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 12:56 PM   #17
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

I think it should become an OMane rule that someone has to bump a random Mock-authored thread every few weeks just to keep everyone on their toes.
Old 05-09-2011, 12:58 PM   #18
BowlenBall
Hurry Hurry

2014 -- This one's for Pat.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Paradis

Quote:
I think it should become an OMane rule that someone has to bump a random Mock-authored thread every few weeks just to keep everyone on their toes.

Kind of like he's haunting the place, isn't it?

BowlenBall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 01:03 PM   #19
Kaylore
4 time AFCW Champs

12 straight road division wins

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 01:16 PM   #20
pricejj
jungle

United In Orange

Just part of the greater scheme to increase revenues of an out of control federal government.
Attached Images

Last edited by pricejj; 05-09-2011 at 01:19 PM..
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 01:21 PM   #21
enjolras
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
Just part of the greater scheme to increase revenues of an out of control federal government.
Yes.. damn those national parks!
enjolras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 01:30 PM   #22
DomCasual
This one's for Pat!

Shameless Homer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Especially those rare threads with less than one page of responses - the ones that sort of look like new threads. Those are fun for the whole family.
DomCasual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 02:47 PM   #23
Meck77

Quote:
I'm just not real big on starting threads so I usually search the key words I have in mind first. The last two times I did this Mock had the topic covered!

Here is yet another instance were Mock called it. In 2005 he saw the government land grab starting while everyone else was asleep. I'm not suggesting this is all eminent domain property but one has to believe that half if not 75% was taken from the people. Now it's extra. What a bunch of horse shiat.
Old 05-09-2011, 02:54 PM   #24
HILife
Ring of Famer

Mrs. Alicia Hilife

Holy crap. This thread scared the crap out of me, until I looked at the date.
HILife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 02:57 PM   #25
HILife
Ring of Famer

Mrs. Alicia Hilife

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjolras View Post
Yes.. damn those national parks!
It's a good "get rich quick" scheme.
HILife is offline   Reply With Quote