The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Announcements, Features and Feedback
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 07-08-2005, 02:13 PM   #1
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning
Default Writers... It's that time... Looking for people interested in a weekly commitment.

I'm preparing the front page, and like I do at this time every year, I'm looking for fan columnists who are willing to commit themselves to the community here by providing a weekly article that focuses on a particular aspect of the game.

Let me know if you're interested in being on the team and maybe some idea on what you'd be interested in writing about, and I'll use this thread to start drafting people...

-TJ
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-08-2005, 02:31 PM   #2
Bob's your Information Minister
Chiefs > Broncos

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CHRIS KUPER!!!

I'd love to play devil's advocate every week....
Bob's your Information Minister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2005, 02:35 PM   #3
ludo21
RIP Darrent Williams

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Paul Ernster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob's your Information Minister
I'd love to play devil's advocate every week....

we dont need that on the front page..
ludo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2005, 02:44 PM   #4
Rock Chalk
Cheeky Bastards

Laus Deo

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

I volunteer SoCal for the Mo Show.
Rock Chalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2005, 03:29 PM   #5
watermock
"Hoodie Jr"

"Hug me!"

Heh. Beg all you want.

I could do some Mock's locks, but I don't think I should be nominated for politics.

Today's rant by Curtis LeMay:

"Over coffee with half and half, me and Rummy were discussing which country to bomb first....yeah, I'm still dead, that doesn't stop me and Rummy from having conversations..."

I can do Mock's Lock's in the general forum, easier to adjust them to suit my ego there.

Last edited by watermock; 07-08-2005 at 03:36 PM..
watermock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2005, 03:35 PM   #6
scorpio
Cubicle Pimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by watermock
Heh. Beg all you want.

I could do some Mock's locks, but I don't think I should be nominated for politics.

I look forward to your in-depth analysis on the cost of modern tractors and the price of beans in Iowa. Oh and cats.
scorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2005, 03:45 PM   #7
watermock
"Hoodie Jr"

"Hug me!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpiosnow
I look forward to your in-depth analysis on the cost of modern tractors and the price of beans in Iowa. Oh and cats.
Well, I'm mad at these crap blowers they thru on one of my tractors. (bad turbos). John Deere equipment is usually bulletproof. How this kid managed to almost blow up the Trac-tor is anyones guess. He must of overheated the motor. If you throw the blower it can go into the heads and your talking a total rebuild, which is never as good as what comes off the line. I'm considering changing blowers, but it would void warranty. Price of beans is up, I said 6.75 and it hit. Brother had to make a serious call on the board to cover, I told him to buy back, and he made a cool 50k. Since you asked, we got insurance money and could plant what we wanted, and got beans in, and they are up, and it rained! We put some short maturity beans in and should, maybe get beans. Beans are temperamental things. If it's too wet, they won't go off the pod, too dry, they shatter on the front of the combine. Incredibly, we might be taking corn before beans.

I'm more worried about this hurricane bearing down on me in Arkansas. It should turn, but it could blow the whole crop down.

The cat got into paint yesterday, but seems to have eaten it off. It wasn't much, but he was very agitated. I've been touching up the house, and he must of gotten into some, just his tail.

That's the Farm and Cat report.

Last edited by watermock; 07-08-2005 at 03:49 PM..
Old 07-08-2005, 04:10 PM   #8
Bob's your Information Minister
Chiefs > Broncos

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CHRIS KUPER!!!

Maybe a point-counterpoint weekly edition from myself and another volunteer?
Bob's your Information Minister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2005, 04:17 PM   #9
watermock
"Hoodie Jr"

"Hug me!"

Quote:
How about just beating you with impunity as usual?
Old 07-08-2005, 04:24 PM   #10
ZachKC
For The Glory Of The City

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eddie Kennison

I look forward to Phat Endy's rant coming up with new ways to talk about how he is a Bronco fan in KC and how much sports radio sucks.

ZachKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2005, 04:26 PM   #11
Kaylore
Because I am better

Taysom Hill for Heisman!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

I'd like to try something, maybe for camps or something since I live out here and Dove valley is ten minutes from my house.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2005, 04:30 PM   #12
watermock
"Hoodie Jr"

"Hug me!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore
I'd like to try something, maybe for camps or something since I live out here and Dove valley is ten minutes from my house.
I nominate Tatoo. He needs to work on his English anyway. "Hey Boss" isn't going to carry you far in the corporate world.

Last edited by watermock; 07-08-2005 at 04:32 PM..
Old 07-08-2005, 04:30 PM   #13
ZachKC

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eddie Kennison

Quote:
I nominate Tatoo. He needs to work on his English anyway.
Old 07-08-2005, 04:32 PM   #14
elsid13
Lost In Space

Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna

Quote:

No one pays any attention to you in real life do they?
elsid13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2005, 04:33 PM   #15
Kaylore
Because I am better

Taysom Hill for Heisman!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
I nominate Tatoo. He needs to work on his English anyway.
Tatoo's roll will not exceed calling out players' names at randomly adorable times. "De Watts! De Watts!!!!"
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2005, 04:38 PM   #16
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZachKC
I look forward to Phat Endy's rant coming up with new ways to talk about how he is a Bronco fan in KC and how much sports radio sucks.

Phat Endy's reports were awesome... I wish we could get one guy in each rival market as dedicated and knowledgable as PhE. I know you're lurking Phatty...

One thing I'd definitely like to see each week is a Redskins report... I'd also like to see a college buff give us the weekly College Quarterback report.

I'd love to see Slappy play a role as the Orange Mane's Dr. Dicknose, aka Doc Z. That would be a classic...
Old 07-08-2005, 04:39 PM   #17
Hogan11
Rock-N-Roll Historian

Let's take these SOB's out!!!!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Floyd Little

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John
Phat Endy's reports were awesome... I wish we could get one guy in each rival market as dedicated and knowledgable as PhE. I know you're lurking Phatty...

One thing I'd definitely like to see each week is a Redskins report... I'd also like to see a college buff give us the weekly College Quarterback report.

I'd love to see Slappy play a role as the Orange Mane's Dr. Dicknose, aka Doc Z. That would be a classic...

Dr. Dicknose......
Hogan11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2005, 04:40 PM   #18
ZachKC

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eddie Kennison

Maybe you guys could land a proof reader this year.
Old 07-08-2005, 04:42 PM   #19
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZachKC
Maybe you guys could land a proof reader this year.

Yep... I need to get better at proofing the articles... But in the swing of a season, man does it get tough sometimes to keep all the plates in the air...

Spell check does wonders, though...
Old 07-08-2005, 04:44 PM   #20
ZachKC

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eddie Kennison

Quote:
Yep... I need to get better at proofing the articles... But in the swing of a season, man does it get tough sometimes to keep all the plates in the air...

Spell check does wonders, though...
I have trouble remembering to take time to do all that for my website.

Last edited by ZachKC; 07-08-2005 at 04:47 PM..
Old 07-08-2005, 04:45 PM   #21
watermock
"Hoodie Jr"

"Hug me!"

Quote:
Tatoo's roll will not exceed calling out players' names at randomly adorable times. "De Watts! De Watts!!!!"
Wouldn't you just love to have Tourette's Syndrome and be able to call people out?

As a midget, he would have the perfect alibi.

"jerkoff"

"your mom is down the street"

How do you dress Tatoo down? Punt him?

That midget on the man show was hillarious. Didn't they have a whole flock of them?

Before I get reprimaned, I'm just telling jokes. Still, it was funny to watch that midget chase skirts on the Man Show. Being able to look up women's skirts couldn't be all bad.
Old 07-08-2005, 05:24 PM   #22
scorpio
Cubicle Pimp

I used to write for the local home-town Wyoming newspaper (got paid for it even) a few years ago. I have a few article ideas that might be interesting:

"Mile High Memorial"
(Why isn't there anything to commemorate the old Mile High? It's an NFL icon, and as was pointed out in a thread here a few days back, people are BURIED there for Christ's sake. Try to get a statement/interview from the front office.)

"Former Broncos: Then and Now"
(There are a LOT of former Broncos, not necessarily superstars, who are very interesting characters and have incredible stories to tell and who still live in the Metro area. I think it would be great to interview some of these guys, see what they're up to now, pick their brains about big games, the glory days, what they think about the current Broncos, etc. A respectful, but entertaining fluff piece. Maybe it could be a semi-regular column thing.)

Anatomy of an ACL Tear
("ACL Tear" is one of the more alarming phrases a football fan might hear. But does everyone really know exactly what an ACL tear is? How is it corrected and rehabbed? How is the game, and everyday life, affected for someone who has overcome an ACL tear? etc,)

Tight Ends: The All-Time Broncos Cheerleader All-Star Squad
(Does this really need explanation?)

Anyway, I'm not always great at following through on ****, so I'll write something up and see how it goes. Please feel free to use any of these ideas for articles to post here if you have great connections or just like the idea or whatever.

EDIT: Also, Taco, I'm a killer proofreader and all-around grammar-nazi. I'd be happy to help if you'd like.
scorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2005, 05:48 PM   #23
watermock
"Hoodie Jr"

"Hug me!"

I will have Mock's locks again, but probably in the main forum.

Considering experts run around 60 percent and I'm running around 80, you might want to listen.

Betting against the spread is hard, and most of my losses have been Homer Bronco locks. Like Chicago at home. Or Oakland at home in the snow. Go figure. My misses are baffling.

When Mock's Locks come out and I mention the Broncos or Vikings, throw them out. As a fan, I'm incapable of seeing it clearly. Throw out these rediculous assumptions, I'm almost close to 85 percent, which is incredible considering I'm an idiot and my chair is broken.

Why wouldn't I pick Denver at home against Chicago or Oakland in the snow? Denver didn't cover, they outright lost.

Still, I will give some mock's locks. Those two hurt me, but I'm pretty good. It's always a tempation to overbet your home team. It's the worst possible bet. It's like Pulp Fiction. So I will probably not make any Vikings or Broncos locks, they are literally a disaster. My other picks are generally better.

I will try to push three Mock's Lock's onto the forum, but I could go Jimmy the Greek, who couldn't pick a dogfight.
Old 07-08-2005, 05:58 PM   #24
-Slap-
Ring of Famer

Quote:
I imagine there's a compliment in there somewhere.
-Slap- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2005, 06:00 PM   #25
-Slap-
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Herve's role would be to try and look adorable enough for one of the cheerleaders to get within groping range. He was a horny little ****er. He also carried a gun long before most NFL players.
-Slap- is offline   Reply With Quote