The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Ring of Fame Threads
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 04-05-2005, 01:51 PM   #2326
Mile High Shack
Ring of Famer

Cock-a-doodle-do

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Dude
To what extent were the other guys aware that an "evil alliance" was reaving through the contest, and were there any attempts to break it up or was it easier to just tag along and hope that it would turn on itself?
Oh I knew dave kinda turned on us on the ghost fighting round……….he empowered TD30 for the fact of getting rid of rascal

I’m not sure why he thought that would work…but anyway it didn’t.

So I played it cool and acting like the peace maker between dave and rascal…knowing full well dave screwed him…BUT if I told that to rascal he would’ve flipped out again

So once cbf was gone, then the four horseman were strong and there was no reason to turn against it.

The four horseman and big brother? I don’t watch big brother so what did you mean
Mile High Shack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2005, 01:52 PM   #2327
TD30
Big Bad Wolf

thats what the four guys called their alliance last season. Not that I watched it lol
TD30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2005, 01:55 PM   #2328
Mile High Shack
Ring of Famer

Cock-a-doodle-do

Quote:
Originally Posted by TD30
thats what the four guys called their alliance last season. Not that I watched it lol
AAAAAAAAAAA

Lol

Ok now that I know that the four horseman sound kinda gay

I was thinking of the old football players in the 40’s or something for Notre Dame
Old 04-05-2005, 01:58 PM   #2329
TD30
Big Bad Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mile High Shack
AAAAAAAAAAA

Lol

Ok now that I know that the four horseman sound kinda gay

I was thinking of the old football players in the 40’s or something for Notre Dame
Not that theres anything wrong with that,I think thats were they got the name from to
Old 04-05-2005, 01:59 PM   #2330
Hotrod
Self Appointed Expert

aka Dortoh

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Miss I

[QUOTE=Rascal]

Oh...Dave and I fighting was all show. It was just to throw people off although I suspect a few, such as hotrod, realized it. QUOTE]

Ha I knew I had something right.

The only one I was confused about was where Spider stood but did not want to ruin the game to much by finding out from the horses mouth.
Hotrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2005, 02:00 PM   #2331
Mile High Shack
Ring of Famer

Cock-a-doodle-do

[QUOTE=hotrod]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rascal

Oh...Dave and I fighting was all show. It was just to throw people off although I suspect a few, such as hotrod, realized it. QUOTE]

Ha I knew I had something right.

The only one I was confused about was where Spider stood but did not want to ruin the game to much by finding out from the horses mouth.
actually Spider probably had no idea Dave was trying to screw the original 4....Dave played both sides well
Old 04-05-2005, 02:01 PM   #2332
TheDave
Sauced...

Quote:
Oh I knew dave kinda turned on us on the ghost fighting round……….he empowered TD30 for the fact of getting rid of rascal

So I played it cool and acting like the peace maker between dave and rascal…knowing full well dave screwed him…BUT if I told that to rascal he would’ve flipped out again

So once cbf was gone, then the four horseman were strong and there was no reason to turn against it.

The four horseman and big brother? I don’t watch big brother so what did you mean
Actually i empowered TD30 about 10 minutes after we voted him off. The way i turned on them i needed to by myself dsome Karma imediately. I actually never asked TD30 to vote for Rascal... CBF1 did that for me...
TheDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2005, 02:01 PM   #2333
Old Dude
Super Moderator

Consultant

Were any of the gimmicks more interesting, from a player's standpoint, than the others?

Would you guys have preferred more immunity challenges at the cost of a longer game?

Should the rounds have been longer or shorter?
Old Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2005, 02:03 PM   #2334
Hotrod
Self Appointed Expert

aka Dortoh

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Miss I

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rascal
Oh...and I was telling the mole bad information from the start and had other people telling the mole bad information as well. Can't remember the list of who I had do that but I know it included MT and hotrod. Although MT never knew it...sorry .

Hotrod did know about it and actually enjoyed playing the mole...it was pretty funny.

Do I know you rofl

Sorry Pez If I had thought you were the mole I would not have given you bad information..............or would I

MT Im disapointed you told me the Mole did not ask you to do anything.
Hotrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2005, 02:03 PM   #2335
Mile High Shack
Ring of Famer

Cock-a-doodle-do

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDave
Actually i empowered TD30 about 10 minutes after we voted him off. The way i turned on them i needed to by myself dsome Karma imediately. I actually never asked TD30 to vote for Rascal... CBF1 did that for me...
Well I read it wrong then………..but I knew you played both sides nicely so even if rascal was gone you’d get me next and so on and so forth

It’s all good, it’s part of the game and besides the original 4 made it
Old 04-05-2005, 02:04 PM   #2336
TheDave
Sauced...

Quote:

Actually i had rascal voted off in the round before the grenades until DB4L went AWOL...
Old 04-05-2005, 02:05 PM   #2337
TD30
Big Bad Wolf

Quote:
No one had to ask it would of been done no matter what, nothing personnel but I still wanted to break up the two headed monster.
Old 04-05-2005, 02:05 PM   #2338
TheDave
Sauced...

Quote:
Well I read it wrong then………..but I knew you played both sides nicely so even if rascal was gone you’d get me next and so on and so forth

It’s all good, it’s part of the game and besides the original 4 made it

No offense taken bro...i'm as slimy as it gets when it comes to a game of deception
Old 04-05-2005, 02:06 PM   #2339
Mile High Shack
Ring of Famer

Cock-a-doodle-do

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Dude
Were any of the gimmicks more interesting, from a player's standpoint, than the others?

Would you guys have preferred more immunity challenges at the cost of a longer game?

Should the rounds have been longer or shorter?
The only thing I didn’t like for a selfish reason was the votes on the weekend, it’s harder for me to get on during the weekend.

I liked every round…except with immunity, maybe you could do mini challenges or something for that person to get it….that would change the vote immensely. Maybe not for every round….but every now and then.

Grenade round was really cool….so was the ghost and in the sleep round. Shotgun ruled….all of them were good ideas.
Old 04-05-2005, 02:07 PM   #2340
Mile High Shack
Ring of Famer

Cock-a-doodle-do

Quote:
No offense bro...i'm as slimy as it gets when it comes to a game of deception
well if sideburn wouldn't of tried to screw us and rascal felt obligated after being saved by spider

I would've done the same thing to you
Old 04-05-2005, 02:08 PM   #2341
Mile High Shack
Ring of Famer

Cock-a-doodle-do

Quote:
Actually i had rascal voted off in the round before the grenades until DB4L went AWOL...
actually no...we had db4 against you
Old 04-05-2005, 02:08 PM   #2342
TheDave
Sauced...

Quote:
well if sideburn wouldn't of tried to screw us and rascal felt obligated after being saved by spider

I would've done the same thing to you
Did i ever show you the pm i sent to clock during the grenade round?
Old 04-05-2005, 02:09 PM   #2343
TheDave
Sauced...

Quote:
actually no...we had db4 against you

That's what you think...
Old 04-05-2005, 02:10 PM   #2344
TD30
Big Bad Wolf

The only thing that would of been nice was an option to gain immunity for ones self trivia or some other method. I enjoyed the twist and turns of the game.
Old 04-05-2005, 02:10 PM   #2345
Pezman
Livin the dream

Andy did you hear about this one?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DJ Williams

The Mole was created to be a disruptive force in the game.

Gathering intellegence was very easy and creating paranoia was the goal in the early stages of the game. Once the tribes were down to 8 players, it became clear that the Mole would not be effective since all the little Gilligans had realized that the Mole was an outsider and not in the game anymore (or ever). By that point, the damage had been done effectively.

Twisting Rascal, TheDave, TD30 and Sideburn were some of the main goals. I knew an elaborate hoax into creating suspicion that the Mole was AlecRaenos would in fact, create a great diversion and keep me free to establish my communication open with members of the 3 alliances.

Stringing the Mole along as a information narc was easy but communicating the messages were more difficult because of the smartness of our little island monkeys. Its a miracle they dont all have some sort of internet venerel diesese from forwarding and twisting all their little PM's and emails back and forth. Needless to say, because of which, I had to build trust by relaying certain secrets to the contacts. Once that was accomplished, the Mole had a chance to gather bits of intellegence on all the channels.
However, the Mole also had some secret weapons that he cannot reveal until the final endgame, but needless to say, The Mole persona helped me culture a bickering psychological warfare between "certain" players that created some serious waves behind the scenes

Using outside players as the Mole's "mules" was a good way to get outsiders involved in not only the game, but also to spread even more half-truths and tricks.

The riddles - The problem was, I had to relay my messages rather secretly since I already had inside information and didnt actually want to reveal real twists in the game to the players, so rather than actually name player names, I created a way of "hinting" about players with clues and gestures. For the most part, the players didnt bite. However, I did manage to reach thru to a few of them with this route. Believe it or not, the riddles were problably the most reliable source of information that I relayed to you all. Getting the "fake" information from some of the players, and knowing they were lying to me was the best part. Sorry Rascal, I knew your gameplan all along my friend

The Horses Butt Siggy Clues (Moleisms) - This was created for pure paranoia and speculation for the players with no real purpose other than to further suspicion. I would sometimes post most of the players photos or links but always try to leave one or two players information "missing" as a tactic. Then, the secret gibberish code, which, poor TheDave tried so hard to dicipher (sorry bout that thedave, I'm a bastard its true) Plus, using the avatars was a good way to point a clue out to a player in PM without having to name anyone.

The IP Doublecross - I got wind of Shacky and Sideburn's new found deity on the vBookie forum and created a situation for them to try and track the Mole's IP address fruitlessly. Realizing that if I could use an IP address
in Texas, it would further keep suspicion off my devious plans. So I called up my buddy in Austin and had him log specifically in the vBookie forum and post an easter egg for them to find. Problem was, Shack didnt know how to track the IP addy... damn....

So then, I had to retry the entire thing again using MTBronco as my mule of information, "suggesting" to Sideburn that he could check IP's there. He took the bait, hook, line and sinker. From there, the Mole posted again, but this time, I enlisted the help of 3 Mane'rs and my little sister at CU for IP bounces. Needless to say, Sideburn was OWNED and I got my jollies. Muahahahaha!

But it did not end there. I got a PM from Sideburn later that day and asked if I could help with the IP addresses, hoping that a Mod could check more data into the situation. Needless to say, I torpedoed his efforts with some tactics that I was hoping to use on the rest of you. I told him that it was AlecRaenos for sure and that I had Alec's "Secret" e-mail address that he was using as the Mole. I had created an email address and Sideburn sent the email to "alec" thinking that it was him. Needless to say, I strung him along for the rest of the afternoon making him believe that the Mole was indeed Alec.

The Personas - Very early in the Mole's sleuthing career, TheDave and Rascal caught onto the idea of creating an alternate username to use as information and disinformation. However, at the risk of revealing the Mole, I contacted both right after they created Snitch and The Mole's Mole respectively, and told them a BIG ass lie about how the Mane always red flags user accounts that have multiple id's and that they should not use them until I had a chance to contact TJ and let him know that it was just players.... What the did in the meantime was give the Mole time to establish himself as a legitimate force. Later, when I gave Rascal and TheDave the chance to continue using
their new accounts, it was already a moot point.

The Big Mistake and end of Le Mole - The Mole was first spotted and identified by mistake. TD30 had caught me accidentaly posting on the thread with Moleisms (IE gibberish photo clues) under MY OWN freaking username and in the 10 second period of horror before I could delete the post, he saw it. From there, it was damage control for the Mole but as luck would have it, poor TD30 got whacked that next vote anyway. But, he did share the Mole's identity with another player, who I had to also contact and ask not to reveal the identity. From that point, it was damage control city and I knew the Mole was toast soon

Soon after that, it was clear that the Mole's time would be limited however, since we were down to 6 players. I had an opportunity to pass along the Mole to Sassy but I think she wanted to try and create a diversionary tactic of
her own. I had actually considered passing on the Mole to TheDave as well but realized that it might compromise too much of the game if he had total access to the Mole's PM's. But I did at least let him know I was considering
passing it to him because he has been the true Richard Hatch snake of the tribe (and I mean that in a loving non-sexual way you perverts)

I called up Sideburn right before outing the Mole, and we laughed on the phone for nearly half an hour about how owned he was... I fear for future retribution Cory... I am at your mercy

With my identity revealed to some players, I knew that it was time to retire said mole and let the boys have at it vs themselves for the last week. But, remarkably enough, the ghost of the Mole was still playing a role right up until the last few rounds. Clearly the goal of the mole, had been indeed done.

Quid Pro Quo
Old 04-05-2005, 02:10 PM   #2346
Mile High Shack
Ring of Famer

Cock-a-doodle-do

Quote:
That's what you think...
Well I guess I’m an idiot then
Old 04-05-2005, 02:13 PM   #2347
Mile High Shack
Ring of Famer

Cock-a-doodle-do

pezzy

I could've tried and figured out how to track IP's...but MT sent me that messsage at like 11:30 at night and I was tired
Old 04-05-2005, 02:14 PM   #2348
MajikMan7
Ring of Famer

Alando 'National TV' Tucker

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Jake Plummer

Quote:
Since majik was the only one who put money on me.... i should've taken the jump just as a matter of principal...
Well I've got a two out of three chance of winning some vcash. Cause I also bet on Mile High Shack. Oh yeah and just about everybody else. Then after I bet I sent everyone the same PM saying something like this:

I put my vcash on you winning this thing, and I'm will to do anything I can to help make sure my bet pays off.
MajikMan7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2005, 02:15 PM   #2349
TheDave
Sauced...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MajikMan7
Well I've got a two out of three chance of winning some vcash. Cause I also bet on Mile High Shack. Oh yeah and just about everybody else. Then after I bet I sent everyone the same PM saying something like this:

I put my vcash on you winning this thing, and I'm will to do anything I can to help make sure my bet pays off.
we know...we forwarded most all pm's to each other...
Old 04-05-2005, 02:19 PM   #2350
Old Dude
Super Moderator

Consultant

It would be scary if Pez or TJ ever actually played in this game.
Old Dude is offline   Reply With Quote