The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Ring of Fame Threads
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 04-05-2005, 12:13 PM   #2276
Rascal
RIP

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Turf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Dude
Well, here's a question for any of our finalists who actually cares to answer ...

... how did you see the votes play out, round by round? What was going on in your heads and why did you vote the way you did?
I pretty much knew how each round was going to go down. The only question was the first round and the ghost round. Other then that I knew who was going down and who (except for the occasional stray sheep) was voting for whom.
Rascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2005, 12:15 PM   #2277
OBF1
Ring of Famer

No avatar is the new avatar

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None are worthy

But I do get credit for Mocks early departure
OBF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2005, 12:15 PM   #2278
Old Dude
Super Moderator

Consultant

Sure, but I'm still trying to figure out why the crowd went the way it did. Why did Alec get stampeded so quickly in the first round. And why did the whole herd turn toward watermock in Round 2.

Bosko is probably still wondering why he was murdered in Round 3.

What was the Mole up to, and how were the players dealing with him?

Just for starters ...
Old Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2005, 12:16 PM   #2279
REB
LP.org/L4L.org

"This one's for John!" 3:16

So this vote is open to everyone? Even just us spectators? If so who left? Where do I vote and when are the results?

REB

1-2-3-!!!!!!!
REB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2005, 12:16 PM   #2280
Mile High Shack
Ring of Famer

Cock-a-doodle-do

Quote:
Sure, but I'm still trying to figure out why the crowd went the way it did. Why did Alec get stampeded so quickly in the first round. And why did the whole herd turn toward watermock in Round 2.

Just for starters ...
oh I can answer that ........
Mile High Shack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2005, 12:16 PM   #2281
Hotrod
Self Appointed Expert

aka Dortoh

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Miss I

Well as far as I can tell Plan #235 had something to do with Rascal whispering sweet nothings into Daves ear in a rain man voice while Shack took pictures.
Hotrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2005, 12:19 PM   #2282
Old Dude
Super Moderator

Consultant

Quote:
Originally Posted by REB
So this vote is open to everyone? Even just us spectators? If so who left? Where do I vote and when are the results?

REB

1-2-3-!!!!!!!
You can vote in the public poll, which is also in the off-topics forum.

The results will be posted Saturday, sometime after NOON, which is the deadline for voting.

(Unless, it becomes clear that one of the contestants has won before then....)
Old 04-05-2005, 12:19 PM   #2283
OBF1
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None are worthy

I do think the Mole played a role. Aot of players figured he was part of the game and fed him information that he tried to use in him playing the game thru us.
Old 04-05-2005, 12:25 PM   #2284
Old Dude
Super Moderator

Consultant

Well, I can tell you this much about the Mole... Pez advised me somewhere late in round 1 or early in round 2 that he wanted to act as a "mole." I gave him my blessings, since I thought it might add some intrigue to the game ... but, other than some general tips on what kinds of curve balls I was thinking about throwing in later rounds ... I never fed him any information about votes, or their order, or their status or alliances or anything else. He generally knew about the "ghost idea" and the "shotgun round" before the players, but even then, I changed details ... and usually gave the players some advance warning on the main thread.

Most of the time, I had no idea what he was up to.
Old 04-05-2005, 12:27 PM   #2285
OBF1
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None are worthy

Why do you think everyone was running around in stealth mode duing the game..... THE MOLE
Old 04-05-2005, 12:28 PM   #2286
Mile High Shack
Ring of Famer

Cock-a-doodle-do

Well I know why Alec was gone in the 1st round…..people (not the 4 remaining) wanted him gone for some reason…we were going to go some place else. But alas, the herd spoke and Alec was gone.

As far as Mock, I wanted him to stay longer, I tried to get him to stay, but too many people voted before we had a chance to talk.

Mock was someone we could take out anytime we wanted, so I was kind mad he went so early.
Old 04-05-2005, 12:29 PM   #2287
Old Dude
Super Moderator

Consultant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mile High Shack
Well I know why Alec was gone in the 1st round…..people (not the 4 remaining) wanted him gone for some reason…we were going to go some place else. But alas, the herd spoke and Alec was gone.

As far as Mock, I wanted him to stay longer, I tried to get him to stay, but too many people voted before we had a chance to talk.

Mock was someone we could take out anytime we wanted, so I was kind mad he went so early.
Were you guys talking to everyone or just a couple trusted allies?
Old 04-05-2005, 12:31 PM   #2288
OBF1
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None are worthy

Quote:

Mock voted for me in round 1, So i returned the favor and had the "clan" vote for mock. Was a pretty easy sell. After that it seemed that whoever was thought to be the biggest threat to the original alliance was next in line.
Old 04-05-2005, 12:34 PM   #2289
Mile High Shack
Ring of Famer

Cock-a-doodle-do

Quote:
Were you guys talking to everyone or just a couple trusted allies?
Oooo there was an alliance but some people thought they were in an alliance to the end….such as CBF, but he didn’t have a clue , no offense to him, but the original was set about 5 min. after we signed up.

We had different alliances everywhere…which almost got rascal in trouble in the ghost round…somehow he made some people angry and they came after him.

Even until the end, people didn’t figure out the real alliance.

Actually rascal and I were still debating on whether to keep sideburn and turn on dave and spider …but when spider helped rascal stay alive we decided no more screw jobs. Besides, sideburn tried to screw me in the grenade round. I saw the emails he sent to someone
Old 04-05-2005, 12:36 PM   #2290
REB
LP.org/L4L.org

"This one's for John!" 3:16

You can vote in the public poll, which is also in the off-topics forum.

The results will be posted Saturday, sometime after NOON, which is the deadline for voting.

Ok thanx old dude.

REB

1-2-3-!!!!!!!
REB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2005, 12:36 PM   #2291
Old Dude
Super Moderator

Consultant

What was the deal with TD30 and MajikMan7? Seemed like they were voting along with the majority for awhile, and then BLAM!
Old 04-05-2005, 12:39 PM   #2292
Mile High Shack
Ring of Famer

Cock-a-doodle-do

Quote:
What was the deal with TD30 and MajikMan7? Seemed like they were voting along with the majority for awhile, and then BLAM!
it was the shotgun round

someone informed me they were coming after me OR rascal.....they decided our usefullness was up.

There was also others voting for sideburn...so sideburn and I figured out how to vote and thankfully I escaped by the hair of my chinny chin chin.

I didn't know they were double barrleing me in that round.
Old 04-05-2005, 12:47 PM   #2293
Old Dude
Super Moderator

Consultant

What was the deal with Crushaholic, bendog, Clockwork and DB4L?
Old 04-05-2005, 12:51 PM   #2294
Mile High Shack
Ring of Famer

Cock-a-doodle-do

Quote:
I have no idea about bendog or clockwork, I think they were rogue agents and they had alliances with no one…except bendog wanted mock gone…lol…I guess that is why they stayed so long b/c since they were by themselves, they weren’t a threat.

Crushaholic was the same way…but he kept voting for dave…so……..

DB4L was with someone but then he forgot to vote……I’m not sure how that happened.

I know he was in an alliance in the beginning with Mock and Alec……….you see how that turned out.
Old 04-05-2005, 12:58 PM   #2295
OBF1
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None are worthy

Quote:
it was the shotgun round

someone informed me they were coming after me OR rascal.....they decided our usefullness was up.

There was also others voting for sideburn...so sideburn and I figured out how to vote and thankfully I escaped by the hair of my chinny chin chin.

I didn't know they were double barrleing me in that round.
LAMO...And for a guy that had no idea what was happening, I knew how that round was going down to a tee.

Majik, TD30, Spider, Dave and CBF1 were a loose "side Alliance"...one of many. The word was out that those 2 were the target and they both thought that Dave and Spider were with them.... I knew better and Shot sideburn to stay clear of the "original alliance" and to stay in favor of the others..... knowing that they would be with me later.

The damn ghost round.... If we had another half a day of poll voting for the audiance it would have been a different outcome for sure.... The "plan" came together late the night before and we were not able to get the plan finished by inviting friends to vote for our ghost and the 3 extra votes that came with winning that poll. It was very obvious that Shack and Rascal were the top 2 in the alliance, going back to the fantasy league they are close. Since Shack had immunity it was time to go after Rascal. We got 5 players to go along with this...even alliance members who were in the game to the end knew this had to be done as well as 3 ghosts.

Rascal and I had a few "friendly" pvt msg conversations about this and I told him it would come down to 1 vote between the 2 of us. What I did not take into consideration was that at one point you said the first ghost had voted and that he had MULTIPLE targets. I took this as a done deal.... Bad decision. and the rest is history.

The game was this close (---------) to making a turn in the opposite direction.
Old 04-05-2005, 01:01 PM   #2296
OBF1
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None are worthy

Quote:
Crush was targeted by Rascal.... With Bendog and Clock being mentioned in the same breath, pretty much a coin toss, except I figure someone put in a good word for the other 2 and they we not selected for termination.
Old 04-05-2005, 01:02 PM   #2297
Rascal
RIP

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Turf

Quote:

Just for starters ...
Why here goes the story...

In the beginning an alliance formed of Shack, Spider, Dave, and myself. We formed up and forged a strong alliance that would play the rest of the group at our leisure. We then went seperately out and formed loose alliances just to get us threw the initial rounds.

Spider and Dave formed up with TD30 and Majik.

Shack and myself formed up with Sideburn and DB4L.

And we all formed up with CBF1.

Alec was picked as the first round target because we, the four horseman, recognized him as a strong player. Plus he provided us with ammunition by several PM's saying how he planned on stabbing his alliance member (Clock or Crush I don't remember) in the back from the very beginning. I got a hold of that piece of information and spread it around thus forming an alliance to remove Alec.

Mock was a victim of his unpopularity with several here on the board and was pretty easy to remove although I personally wished we had kept him around but nevertheless.

Bosco was targeted because we realized that eventually spectators would be involved and his popularity could be costly to us. It was also during this round where I did a maneauver that would save my skin. In the previous round Sideburn had not voted as he had been instructed. Thus in this round Shack and I told him that there were some grumblings about removing him. To confirm this I voted for Sideburn in this dark round thus making the appearance that people were voting for him and bringing him in closer to the fold so to speak. Since I did not vote for Bosco, and new the identies of all who did for him, I was able to use that information in the ghost round. Although I had been one who had planned his early departure...sorry Bosco.

After that round we next worked on developing the numbers to maintain our alliance would be secure till the end. Crush was eliminated for not joining in our alliance and never talking us (and voting repeatedly for Dave).

Next went TD30 and Majik. This was done because we knew of their plan to remove Shack, DB4L, and myself so that they would be next to their "alliance" of Spider, Dave, and CBF1. It was CBF1 pleas to keep TD30 where I began to suspect him of betraying us. We obtained a PM from TD30 and Majik stating their desire to remove us and used it against them in the shotgun round. We also were able to convince Sideburn that he was a target and convinced him to use both barrels against TD30. We were forced to do this because CBF1 went against the grain and voted for Sideburn instead of TD30 and Spider voted early against Sideburn before the decision was made to target TD30 instead of Sideburn.

Next round was the ghost round where my previous move of not voting against Bosco came off. I got an agreement with Bosco that I would not be eliminated this round (I knew of Majik and TD30 going against me this round) and some of my allies if I provided a list of those who did vote for him. He agreed and subsequently I was saved while CBF1 the betrayer was taken out back and beaten like the dog he is.

After this round it was just a mere formality of reducing the numbers so that us four would remain.

The only issue was the grenade round, but after learning from Sideburn who Clock had thrown at it was all but guaranteed that the four would move on. It was actually pretty funny because Sideburn was sending different strategies to both Dave and Shack who were in turn forwarding them to the rest of the group. We had a differerent strategy to account for both plans he was sending us, but they were scrapped when we learned of Clock's true position and where he threw his nade. Thus Clock in essence by acting early caused his and Sideburn's own destruction.

Next round was decided by whoever got closer to the score of the NCAA championship. Spider was the furthest away so he got eliminated. The oringal plan was that whoever got the closest would be the winner as the rest of us would climb the same tree. But we decided that the uproar would have been huge and Dave and Shack wanted to really find out who would win. I could care less at this point.

And there ya go. The story of the four horseman.

Oh...Dave and I fighting was all show. It was just to throw people off although I suspect a few, such as hotrod, realized it. And Spider remaining a quiet member of the group was planned from the beginning. The four worked at well because Dave, Spider, Shack, and I have disagreed on numerous occassions and people suspecting us being together was remote till it was too late.
Old 04-05-2005, 01:05 PM   #2298
Rascal
RIP

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Turf

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBF1
Crush was targeted by Rascal.... With Bendog and Clock being mentioned in the same breath, pretty much a coin toss, except I figure someone put in a good word for the other 2 and they we not selected for termination.
Actually Crush was targeted by Dave.

Bendog and Clock were mentioned as just people to eliminate till the end to get the numbers right. They never formed up with us so their elimination was guaranteed by their silence.
Old 04-05-2005, 01:07 PM   #2299
Rascal
RIP

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Turf

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBF1
LAMO...And for a guy that had no idea what was happening, I knew how that round was going down to a tee.

Majik, TD30, Spider, Dave and CBF1 were a loose "side Alliance"...one of many. The word was out that those 2 were the target and they both thought that Dave and Spider were with them.... I knew better and Shot sideburn to stay clear of the "original alliance" and to stay in favor of the others..... knowing that they would be with me later.

The damn ghost round.... If we had another half a day of poll voting for the audiance it would have been a different outcome for sure.... The "plan" came together late the night before and we were not able to get the plan finished by inviting friends to vote for our ghost and the 3 extra votes that came with winning that poll. It was very obvious that Shack and Rascal were the top 2 in the alliance, going back to the fantasy league they are close. Since Shack had immunity it was time to go after Rascal. We got 5 players to go along with this...even alliance members who were in the game to the end knew this had to be done as well as 3 ghosts.

Rascal and I had a few "friendly" pvt msg conversations about this and I told him it would come down to 1 vote between the 2 of us. What I did not take into consideration was that at one point you said the first ghost had voted and that he had MULTIPLE targets. I took this as a done deal.... Bad decision. and the rest is history.

The game was this close (---------) to making a turn in the opposite direction.
I knew it was between the two us...what concerned me was when Mock gave his votes to Alec. I knew that if Alec found out that it was me who betrayed him in the first round I was a gonner. Either he wanted to remove you bad and moved on past that fact, or he never found out...till now.
Old 04-05-2005, 01:08 PM   #2300
OBF1
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None are worthy

""""Alec was picked as the first round target because we, the four horseman, recognized him as a strong player. Plus he provided us with ammunition by several PM's saying how he planned on stabbing his alliance member (Clock or Crush I don't remember) in the back from the very beginning. I got a hold of that piece of information and spread it around thus forming an alliance to remove Alec."""

Alec sent the pvt msg saying he was going to nail me when the game started. I forget who sent that to me... I will have to go back and find that.