The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Ring of Fame Threads
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2005, 12:38 PM   #1776
Spider
Mr Diplomacy
 
Spider's Avatar
 
I survived Tebow Mania at the Mane

Join Date: May 2001
Location: Elway was just an arm =MacGruder
Posts: 84,156

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor Truth J. Luthor
Hopefully everything goes well with your dad Spider. You two will be in my prayers.
Thanks Bro .......
Spider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 12:39 PM   #1777
Old Dude
Super Moderator
 
Old Dude's Avatar
 
Consultant

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: DIA Tunnels
Posts: 15,113
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor Truth J. Luthor
Hey Old Dude...think you can delay this one day so that Spider can be involved since he is gone for today because of his dad?
As it stands now, the votes aren't due until 10:00 AM tomorrow, and Spider said he'd be back at 1:30 today. I don't personally have a problem with putting off things until 10:00 AM Sunday, but let's see what Spider says later.
Old Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 12:41 PM   #1778
Rascal
RIP
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 17,280

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Turf
Default

I thought he said he was going back out to his dad at 1:30?
Rascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 12:45 PM   #1779
Old Dude
Super Moderator
 
Old Dude's Avatar
 
Consultant

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: DIA Tunnels
Posts: 15,113
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor Truth J. Luthor
I thought he said he was going back out to his dad at 1:30?
Okay. I misunderstood.

Well, let's see if he checks back in here in the next few minutes. If not, then I'll consider a 24 hour extension.

Anybody else have any thoughts?
Old Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 12:47 PM   #1780
Pezman
Livin the dream
 
Pezman's Avatar
 
Andy did you hear about this one?

Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Smoggy SoCal
Posts: 9,624

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DJ Williams
Default

Hope things get better for your family Spider!
__________________
Sitting on a beach, earning 20%
Pezman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 12:47 PM   #1781
Hotrod
Self Appointed Expert
 
Hotrod's Avatar
 
aka Dortoh

Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 24,999

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Miss I
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Dude
Okay. I misunderstood.

Well, let's see if he checks back in here in the next few minutes. If not, then I'll consider a 24 hour extension.

Anybody else have any thoughts?
I think its fair anyone else would want the same thing if in that situation. Also Spiders a good guy I would hate to see him explode his pineapple in his pants. rofl
Hotrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 12:47 PM   #1782
TheDave
Sauced...
 
TheDave's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 14,999
Default

I'm good either way OD....

Hey spider, I'm sorry about your dad... i wish you and your family the best.
TheDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 01:06 PM   #1783
Old Dude
Super Moderator
 
Old Dude's Avatar
 
Consultant

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: DIA Tunnels
Posts: 15,113
Default

Okay, given the unusual situation and that we have a weekend coming up anyway, I am formally extending the deadline for Round 7 to 2:00 PM Mountain Time, Sunday, April 3rd.

Best wishes for your Dad, Spider.
Old Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 01:24 PM   #1784
Sideburn
Thanks for the memories
 
Sideburn's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 3,386
Default

Oh great, now I get to sit here and ponder all the mathmatical probabilities for an extra 26 hours. Yippie. Hope your dad gets better Spider.
__________________

The 2004 Neck Pony Nation / Orangemane Fantasy Football Champion
Sideburn's Evil Head Brigade (14-1)
Sideburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 01:56 PM   #1785
OBF1
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Orlando, Florida
Posts: 15,770

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Marvin Austin
Default

You all have lost your collective minds!

First off, Spidey best to you and your dad.

So what I have been able to tell over the past like 5 or 6 pages is that Sideburn the Mole and Rascal are going bye bye since they are in seats 1 and 7. Dead body in hole 4 is turning Dave on. Shack is lying to everyone. Clock is now a mute and OldDude wants Spidey and Dave blown up. And CBF1 is hoping for a tie so he gets his revenge.

Did I miss anything?

Here is to a tie!
OBF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 02:00 PM   #1786
Sideburn
Thanks for the memories
 
Sideburn's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 3,386
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBF1
You all have lost your collective minds!

First off, Spidey best to you and your dad.

So what I have been able to tell over the past like 5 or 6 pages is that Sideburn the Mole and Rascal are going bye bye since they are in seats 1 and 7. Dead body in hole 4 is turning Dave on. Shack is lying to everyone. Clock is now a mute and OldDude wants Spidey and Dave blown up. And CBF1 is hoping for a tie so he gets his revenge.

Did I miss anything?

Here is to a tie!
I'm in seat 6.
__________________

The 2004 Neck Pony Nation / Orangemane Fantasy Football Champion
Sideburn's Evil Head Brigade (14-1)
Sideburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 02:11 PM   #1787
Old Dude
Super Moderator
 
Old Dude's Avatar
 
Consultant

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: DIA Tunnels
Posts: 15,113
Default

One last little thing for all of you to factor into your mayhem calculations ....

Tiebreakers could theoretically play a big role in the next round as well. Especially since you'll be down to four. So in terms of reaching some sort of consensus about a victim this time around, just remember that a stray grenade could drastically affect the balance of power in Round 9.

Not that there's anything wrong with that.
Old Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 02:12 PM   #1788
Sideburn
Thanks for the memories
 
Sideburn's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 3,386
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Dude
One last little thing for all of you to factor into your mayhem calculations ....

Tiebreakers could theoretically play a big role in the next round as well. Especially since you'll be down to four. So in terms of reaching some sort of consensus about a victim this time around, just remember that a stray grenade could drastically affect the balance of power in Round 9.

Not that there's anything wrong with that.
I think you should stop throwing this crap to us monkies. My brain is already overloaded with calculations and probabilities.
__________________

The 2004 Neck Pony Nation / Orangemane Fantasy Football Champion
Sideburn's Evil Head Brigade (14-1)
Sideburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 02:14 PM   #1789
Old Dude
Super Moderator
 
Old Dude's Avatar
 
Consultant

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: DIA Tunnels
Posts: 15,113
Default

Public Service Announcement.

The deadline for this Round (Round 8, the grenade round) is 2:00 PM Mountain Time, Sunday, April 3rd.

Last edited by Old Dude; 04-01-2005 at 02:36 PM..
Old Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 02:21 PM   #1790
OBF1
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Orlando, Florida
Posts: 15,770

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Marvin Austin
Default

I am still hopeful of a tie.... I am not ready to be completely out of the game. OldDude, Does the jury get the final say so (vote) like survivor on TV? Holding this over the remaining players could be quite entertaining. Also I see the ratings are just plain thru the roof.
OBF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 02:24 PM   #1791
TheDave
Sauced...
 
TheDave's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 14,999
Default

YES i am TheDave again....!!!!!
TheDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 02:26 PM   #1792
TheDave
Sauced...
 
TheDave's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 14,999
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBF1
I am still hopeful of a tie.... I am not ready to be completely out of the game. OldDude, Does the jury get the final say so (vote) like survivor on TV? Holding this over the remaining players could be quite entertaining. Also I see the ratings are just plain thru the roof.

Imagine if it some how came down to rascal and i. Though the content would be NC17 at best.... Damn there would be some awsome smack talked!
TheDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 02:28 PM   #1793
Pick Six
Armchair Poster
 
Pick Six's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Topeka, KS
Posts: 22,787
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBF1
I am still hopeful of a tie.
There's two tiebreakers that come into play before you get your chance. It's highly unlikely that it will come down to the third tiebreaker (you and bendog), but who knows?
Pick Six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 02:45 PM   #1794
Spider
Mr Diplomacy
 
Spider's Avatar
 
I survived Tebow Mania at the Mane

Join Date: May 2001
Location: Elway was just an arm =MacGruder
Posts: 84,156

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller
Default

Back everyone for a bit , Dad is going to therapy ..... I know he is getting Better , mentioned putting him in a home{ joking manner ) , he told me he will put his boot so far up my ass , it will wink @ me when I brush my teeth ....... So he is getting stronger
Thanks to everyone for their well wishs , and Prayers ...... That means alot to me .....
Spider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 02:48 PM   #1795
Old Dude
Super Moderator
 
Old Dude's Avatar
 
Consultant

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: DIA Tunnels
Posts: 15,113
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBF1
I am still hopeful of a tie.... I am not ready to be completely out of the game. OldDude, Does the jury get the final say so (vote) like survivor on TV? Holding this over the remaining players could be quite entertaining. Also I see the ratings are just plain thru the roof.
My preference is to take it down to a jury vote at the end, but I can't guarantee that will happen. For example, we could have so many people drop out or be disqualified that only one is left.

Round 9 could be a deadly b**** of a round, too. Anywhere from 1-4 people (of the final 4) are gonna get swept to sea in that round.

If only one person gets swept away (damned unlikely, but possible) we will have a jury vote-off between the final three contestants.

If two people get swept away (the most likely result) we will have a jury vote between the final two.

If three people get swept away (unlikely, but somewhat possible) then we will have a winner without the need for a vote.

If all four get swept away (also somewhat possible), then helicopters will come to rescue the two with the best tiebreaker situation and the Jury will vote to throw one of them back to the sharks.

Each member of the Celestial Jury will get one vote and a public opinion poll will be worth one or two jury votes (depending on whether I need an an odd number).

If all that somehow results in a tie, then the Ghostly Chorus makes its return.

And if that's all tied, then I'll just randomly grab some fool off the street to declare a winner.
Old Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 02:49 PM   #1796
Sideburn
Thanks for the memories
 
Sideburn's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 3,386
Default

Now that it seems as if your dad is better and all, people start praying for me. Look what some soulless bastard has done to me! I feel my lifeforce leaving as we speak.
__________________

The 2004 Neck Pony Nation / Orangemane Fantasy Football Champion
Sideburn's Evil Head Brigade (14-1)
Sideburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 02:50 PM   #1797
Old Dude
Super Moderator
 
Old Dude's Avatar
 
Consultant

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: DIA Tunnels
Posts: 15,113
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by §PideŽ
Back everyone for a bit , Dad is going to therapy ..... I know he is getting Better , mentioned putting him in a home{ joking manner ) , he told me he will put his boot so far up my ass , it will wink @ me when I brush my teeth ....... So he is getting stronger
Thanks to everyone for their well wishs , and Prayers ...... That means alot to me .....

Sounds like good news.

BTW, we extended the voting deadline to Sunday at 2:00 PM (see above) so take whatever time you need to plot & conspire with your friends.
Old Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 02:51 PM   #1798
Sideburn
Thanks for the memories
 
Sideburn's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 3,386
Default

I gotta admit. Not much difference between this avatar and the original evilhead one. You have a fairly smart and calculating man to the left, and an evil bloodsucking head on the right.
__________________

The 2004 Neck Pony Nation / Orangemane Fantasy Football Champion
Sideburn's Evil Head Brigade (14-1)
Sideburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 02:52 PM   #1799
Hotrod
Self Appointed Expert
 
Hotrod's Avatar
 
aka Dortoh

Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 24,999

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Miss I
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillary4Prez
Now that it seems as if your dad is better and all, people start praying for me. Look what some soulless bastard has done to me! I feel my lifeforce leaving as we speak.

I had no idea you were a big Hillary supporter. Huh learn something new everyday.
Hotrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 02:53 PM   #1800
Spider
Mr Diplomacy
 
Spider's Avatar
 
I survived Tebow Mania at the Mane

Join Date: May 2001
Location: Elway was just an arm =MacGruder
Posts: 84,156

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Dude
Sounds like good news.

BTW, we extended the voting deadline to Sunday at 2:00 PM (see above) so take whatever time you need to plot & conspire with your friends.
Thanks Bro ..... all I have been able to figure out is Dave wants to share a foxhole and everyone will be throwing grenades
Spider is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:33 PM.


Denver Broncos