The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Ring of Fame Threads
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2005, 11:04 AM   #1751
Old Dude
Super Moderator
 
Old Dude's Avatar
 
Consultant

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: DIA Tunnels
Posts: 15,113
Default

That's an interesting legal argument, but if my tally of the votes (or non-votes) comes up zero for everyone, I will apply the tiebreakers because that's why we have tiebreakers in the first place.
Old Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 11:05 AM   #1752
Sideburn
Thanks for the memories
 
Sideburn's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 3,386
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Dude
That's an interesting legal argument, but if my tally of the votes (or non-votes) comes up zero for everyone, I will apply the tiebreakers because that's why we have tiebreakers in the first place.
I know man, I'm just trying to keep everyone interested. I've always figured the host can do as he pleases. Whether the rules say one thing on page one, they can say something different on page 15. And I'm not about to re-read this thread to find loopholes.
__________________

The 2004 Neck Pony Nation / Orangemane Fantasy Football Champion
Sideburn's Evil Head Brigade (14-1)
Sideburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 11:11 AM   #1753
Hotrod
Self Appointed Expert
 
Hotrod's Avatar
 
aka Dortoh

Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 24,999

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Miss I
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Dude

...or has already voted without giving a lot of thought to any of this ...

Someone already chucked his rock rofl
Hotrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 11:14 AM   #1754
Old Dude
Super Moderator
 
Old Dude's Avatar
 
Consultant

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: DIA Tunnels
Posts: 15,113
Default

As far as the vacant hole goes ...

I originally had this scheme prepared on the assumption that we'd have seven players today. And it was clear to me from receiving the votes, fairly early on, that bendog was gonna be lunch.

I was very surprised when DB4L missed the bell.

So I had two choices, leave him dead in the hole where he was, or just collapse the circle to 6.

I had to make a decision on the fly, so I decided to leave the body where it was as (1) a matter of artistic fiat, and (2) to make things a little less predictable, and hence - more dramatic for our viewers.

And that's the long and short of it.

There is no mathmatical permutation in this round that can't be overcome by sheer conspiracy.

Last edited by Old Dude; 04-01-2005 at 11:17 AM..
Old Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 11:14 AM   #1755
Hotrod
Self Appointed Expert
 
Hotrod's Avatar
 
aka Dortoh

Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 24,999

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Miss I
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Dude
In which case we apply tiebreakers resulting in the deaths of rascal and yourself.
then everyone forget what he just said rofl
Hotrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 11:16 AM   #1756
Old Dude
Super Moderator
 
Old Dude's Avatar
 
Consultant

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: DIA Tunnels
Posts: 15,113
Default

I'm not saying whether anyone's chucked their rock yet or not.
Old Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 11:17 AM   #1757
Rascal
RIP
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 17,282

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Turf
Default

Somebody has already voted?

OMG!! Not smart.
Rascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 11:18 AM   #1758
Old Dude
Super Moderator
 
Old Dude's Avatar
 
Consultant

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: DIA Tunnels
Posts: 15,113
Default

I ain't saying.
Old Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 11:21 AM   #1759
Sideburn
Thanks for the memories
 
Sideburn's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 3,386
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Dude
As far as the vacant hole goes ...

I originally had this scheme prepared on the assumption that we'd have seven players today. And it was clear to me from receiving the votes, fairly early on, that bendog was gonna be lunch.

I was very surprised when DB4L missed the bell.

So I had two choices, leave him dead in the hole where he was, or just collapse the circle to 6.

I had to make a decision on the fly, so I decided to leave the body where it was as (1) a matter of artistic fiat, and (2) to make things a little less predictable, and hence - more dramatic for our viewers.

And that's the long and short of it.

There is no mathmatical permutation in this round that can't be overcome by sheer conspiracy.
Likewise, there is no conspiracy that is mathmatically absolute. This is basically roulette. Two choices on where someone is going to be.
__________________

The 2004 Neck Pony Nation / Orangemane Fantasy Football Champion
Sideburn's Evil Head Brigade (14-1)
Sideburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 11:22 AM   #1760
Old Dude
Super Moderator
 
Old Dude's Avatar
 
Consultant

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: DIA Tunnels
Posts: 15,113
Default

And, as was pointed out, grenades are not always tossed in the most cost-effective way.

In fact, some people sometimes almost seemed to have been casting their votes, throughout this game, in an intentionally random and irrational manner.

Last edited by Old Dude; 04-01-2005 at 11:25 AM..
Old Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 11:25 AM   #1761
TheDave
Sauced...
 
TheDave's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 14,999
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor Truth Scammahorn Clinton
Likewise, there is no conspiracy that is mathmatically absolute. This is basically roulette. Two choices on where someone is going to be.
3
TheDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 11:27 AM   #1762
Rascal
RIP
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 17,282

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Turf
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Dude
And, as was pointed out, grenades are not always tossed in the most cost-effective way.

In fact, some people sometimes almost seemed to have been casting their votes, throughout this game, in an intentionally random and irrational manner.
Which is also why those people are gone.
Rascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 11:43 AM   #1763
Old Dude
Super Moderator
 
Old Dude's Avatar
 
Consultant

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: DIA Tunnels
Posts: 15,113
Default

Well to recap things for our viewers, the last we saw, Sideburn and Mile High Shack were fighting over top-pimp honors.

Spider was enjoying some chew and reciting hillbilly songs.

TheDave is grwing increasingly agitated.

rascal was leaking like a spaghetti strainer.

Clockwork was huddled around a rock on the beach, mumbling incoherently to himself.

Meanwhile, CBF1 and (possibly bendog) is sitting in the jury box, just hoping there will be a tie vote so he can choose his company.

And the ghostly chorus has mostly moved on, though some are still watching to see if any of their attacks take a delayed effect.
Old Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 11:45 AM   #1764
Rascal
RIP
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 17,282

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Turf
Default

Speaking of Clock...where is that guy? Or Spider for that matter.
Rascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 11:46 AM   #1765
Old Dude
Super Moderator
 
Old Dude's Avatar
 
Consultant

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: DIA Tunnels
Posts: 15,113
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor Truth J. Luthor
Speaking of Clock...where is that guy? Or Spider for that matter.
Like they'd pop up and tell you...
Old Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 11:46 AM   #1766
TheDave
Sauced...
 
TheDave's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 14,999
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor Truth J. Luthor
Speaking of Clock...where is that guy? Or Spider for that matter.


Hmmm.....
TheDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 11:47 AM   #1767
Arkie
Ring of Famer
 
Arkie's Avatar
 
The f--- y'all motherf-ckas want?

Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 10,803
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. White Chocolate J. Loco
I'm just confused or something...........I'll just do what Clockwork tells me to do
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. White Chocolate J. Loco
I'm just following bendog's lead
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. White Chocolate J. Loco
I think this vote may take awhile.......

I have to wait for Bosko to tell me who to vote off
Arkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 11:49 AM   #1768
Old Dude
Super Moderator
 
Old Dude's Avatar
 
Consultant

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: DIA Tunnels
Posts: 15,113
Default

Oh, that's right. I forgot about Bosko.

He'd probably love to have one of those pineapples right about now.
Old Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 11:57 AM   #1769
TheDave
Sauced...
 
TheDave's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 14,999
Default

OMG shack's lying?
TheDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 12:11 PM   #1770
Hotrod
Self Appointed Expert
 
Hotrod's Avatar
 
aka Dortoh

Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 24,999

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Miss I
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend Doctor G Sweetness
OMG shack's lying?
We prefer streching the truth and bending the truth. Oh never mind Shacks a lying dog
Hotrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 12:26 PM   #1771
Spider
Mr Diplomacy
 
Spider's Avatar
 
I survived Tebow Mania at the Mane

Join Date: May 2001
Location: Elway was just an arm =MacGruder
Posts: 84,156

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller
Default

Sorry Guys but I am busy today ....... a-hole nurse was giving my dad an ointment , around his incision , that my dad is allergic to .. he is in bad shape ........
Spider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 12:28 PM   #1772
Hotrod
Self Appointed Expert
 
Hotrod's Avatar
 
aka Dortoh

Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 24,999

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Miss I
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic Tickle. S. Dazzle
Sorry Guys but I am busy today ....... a-hole nurse was giving my dad an ointment , around his incision , that my dad is allergic to .. he is in bad shape ........
Take care of your dad and thoughts are with you
Hotrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 12:29 PM   #1773
Spider
Mr Diplomacy
 
Spider's Avatar
 
I survived Tebow Mania at the Mane

Join Date: May 2001
Location: Elway was just an arm =MacGruder
Posts: 84,156

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrod
Take care of your dad and thoughts are with you
Thanks ...... I will head back up @ 1:30 pm ......
Spider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 12:32 PM   #1774
Rascal
RIP
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 17,282

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Turf
Default

Hey Old Dude...think you can delay this one day so that Spider can be involved since he is gone for today because of his dad?
Rascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 12:33 PM   #1775
Rascal
RIP
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 17,282

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Turf
Default

Hopefully everything goes well with your dad Spider. You two will be in my prayers.
Rascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:43 PM.


Denver Broncos