The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Ring of Fame Threads
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-31-2005, 06:57 PM   #1651
OBF1
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Marvin Austin

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBF1
Now on sale at the online Orangemane survivor store:

Last edited by OBF1; 06-15-2012 at 11:23 PM..
OBF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2005, 06:59 PM   #1652
OBF1
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Marvin Austin

Last edited by OBF1; 06-15-2012 at 11:23 PM..
Old 03-31-2005, 07:01 PM   #1653
OBF1
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Marvin Austin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Dude
Six fearless contestants have survived to this point by cunning, endurance, tactical acumen and luck.

rascal
Mile High Shack
Spider
TheDave
Sideburn
Clockwork Orange

In Round 8, two more will be eliminated.

The rules for this round are a little more complicated than usual, but such is the fog of war.

So listen up troops.

There are SEVEN defensive positions on the beach.
They are numbered as postions one through seven. And they are in a circular formation. Thus, position one is immediately next to position seven.
Each one is currently occupied.

Defensive Position 1 contains rascal
Defensive Position 2 contains Mile High Shack
Defensive Position 3 contains Spider
Defensive Position 4 contains the lifeless corpse of DBroncos4Life.
Defensive Position 5 contains TheDave
Defensive Position 6 contains Sideburn
Defensive Position 7 contains Clockwork Orange

To repeat, the formation wraps around so that Defensive Position 7 is immediately next to Defensive Position 1.

This round, each player gets ONE GRENADE. (DBroncos4Life doesn't have one. He's just a stiff at this point, so don't bother searching his body.)

Each player may throw their grenade at any defensive position on the beach. The players cannot throw the grenades directly at other players. You can only throw grenades at defensive positions. So, when you PM in your vote, I will not accept a vote that says, "I throw my grenade at Mr. Bobo Bootlicker." I will only accept votes that designate one of the SEVEN defensive positions.

That is the "chuck" part of this Round.

The "duck" part of this round is as follows:

In addition to throwing your grenade, you can also chose to move yourself ONE (1) spot away to a different defensive position. Thus, if you are in defensive position 4, you can (1) choose to stay there, (2) move to defensive position 3, or (3) move the other direction to defensive position 5. You could not make it all the way to defensive position 2 or 6. Anyone caught out in the open trying to move more than one spot will be blown to smithereens.

So it's simple. Chuck your grenade at any one defensive position, choose to stay where you are, or move one spot to the left or right and hope you survive the carnage.

Any number of players (technically up to three) may wind up in the same "foxhole" i.e. the same defensive position. Any grenade landing in there damages them all equally.

Grenades do THREE VOTES OF "DAMAGE" to every person located at the defensive position where they land. They ALSO do ONE VOTE of damage to everyone in each of the two adjacent defensive positions. Thus, a grenade thrown into foxhole number one will do three votes of damage to everyone in foxhole one, one vote of damage to everyone in foxhole 7, and one vote of damage to everyone in foxhole 2.

Please PM me BOTH your choice of where to chuck your grenade, and your "duck" defensive move in the same PM before 10:00 A.M., Mountain Time, Saturday Morning.

Anyone who does not PM me a defensive move will be deemed to have stayed where they are. Anyone who does not tell me where they have thrown their grenade will be deemed to have fallen on it, and will take FIVE VOTES of Damage. Anyone in the Foxhole with the fool will take THREE VOTES of Damage, just as if it had been thrown there. Persons in adjacent foxholes will take one damage for being adjacent to the idiot.

At the end of ROUND 8, the two contestants with the most grenade damage will be shipped off the island. The normal tiebreakers apply.

I think that covers it.

And remember, no poor bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won the war by making the other poor bastard die for his.
You have gone too far this time evil puppet master
Old 03-31-2005, 07:24 PM   #1654
TheDave
Sauced...

So let me get this straight.....

I am able to cast a vote upon a chair, but the dickhead i threw it at is able to move. So in essece you (OD...a SickMFer, aka Sadistic inbed, aka sister pimping manwhore... you get the picture) are asking me to read the minds of a bunch of jackasses who spend their time...

-gazing upon man meat
-eyeing prized sheeps
-eating dog goo taco bell
-lubing up in hopes of landing said man meat

... again you get the picture. Now, in addition to all this I must assume that the sick basterd running this game doesn't change rules mid stream adding just a couple more variables to this already mind bending mathmatical matrix...

You know what, I'll get back to this later... I need to go cook up a gram of speed ball and maninline it! Once that is done i can Jam a plastic spork in my d!ck (at least then i know the worst is oover) then, and only then i can ponder these rules with a proper frame of mind.

This is just too fcking much...
TheDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2005, 07:29 PM   #1655
TheDave
Sauced...

Oh and by the way... THANKS PEZ... nice job adding to my stress level with your endless riddles, nowhere leading pictures and most importantly changing the names of everyone on the island so i have absolutely no idea who i'm am talking to or about when conspiring to screw others...

The last cc is all because of you pal....
Old 03-31-2005, 07:32 PM   #1656
Old Dude
Super Moderator

Consultant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend Doctor G Sweetness

I am able to cast a vote upon a chair, but the dickhead i threw it at is able to move. So in essece you (OD...a SickMFer, aka Sadistic inbed, aka sister pimping manwhore... you get the picture) are asking me to read the minds of a bunch of jackasses who spend their time...

-gazing upon man meat
-eyeing prized sheeps

... again you get the picture. Now, in addition to all this I must assume that the sick basterd running this game doesn't change rules mid stream adding just a couple more variables to this already mind bending mathmatical matrix...

You know what, I'll get back to this later... I need to go cook up a gram of speed ball and maninline it! Once that is done i can Jam a plastic spork in my d!ck (at least then i know the worst is oover) then, and only then i can ponder these rules with a proper frame of mind.

That pretty much sums it up. Just don't foget that even if your grenade lands in an empty hole, it will still do one point of collateral damage to persons in the adjacent holes.

Not realistic, I know, but this is just a game show.
Old Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2005, 07:41 PM   #1657
OBF1
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Marvin Austin

Quote:

-gazing upon man meat
-eyeing prized sheeps

Without a doubt, the best post to this sick thread!
Old 03-31-2005, 07:42 PM   #1658
OBF1
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Marvin Austin

Can we now pull out OldDudes feeding tube?
Old 03-31-2005, 07:50 PM   #1659
Old Dude
Super Moderator

Consultant

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBF1
Can we now pull out OldDudes feeding tube?
And miss all the fun in Round 9?
Old 03-31-2005, 08:03 PM   #1660
OBF1
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Marvin Austin

Sounds like a fair trade off to me
Old 03-31-2005, 08:22 PM   #1661
Spider
Mr Diplomacy

I survived Tebow Mania at the Mane

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

....... So much for alliences ....... Dad always said I was 2 cans short of a 6 pack . Standing in a circle with 5 other guys and hurling grenades only proves his point ........
Spider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2005, 08:25 PM   #1662
Old Dude
Super Moderator

Consultant

Hopefully, this will give you all something to strategize about for awhile.

Personally, I wouldn't tell anyone which foxhole I was headed for, though.

YMMV.
Old 03-31-2005, 08:39 PM   #1663
OBF1
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Marvin Austin

The only real stradegy I see it picking a single target, tossing bombs and running in the opposite direction. You have really out done yourself this time sick master. I can say I am real glad I am not playing this round.
Old 03-31-2005, 09:06 PM   #1664
TheDave
Sauced...

Whooooaaaa....
Old 03-31-2005, 09:20 PM   #1665
Pezman
Livin the dream

Andy did you hear about this one?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DJ Williams

Quote:
Oh and by the way... THANKS PEZ... nice job adding to my stress level with your endless riddles, nowhere leading pictures and most importantly changing the names of everyone on the island so i have absolutely no idea who i'm am talking to or about when conspiring to screw others...

The last cc is all because of you pal....
Just for the record... TJ is the one responsible for our new handles... Us mods dont have that power unfortunately or I would have named Old Dude into "Decrepid old demented evil one"
Old 03-31-2005, 09:43 PM   #1666
Old Dude
Super Moderator

Consultant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake Eyes B. Luthor
Just for the record... TJ is the one responsible for our new handles... Us mods dont have that power unfortunately or I would have named Old Dude into "Decrepid old demented evil one"

Last edited by Old Dude; 03-31-2005 at 09:45 PM..
Old 03-31-2005, 09:44 PM   #1667
Pezman
Livin the dream

Andy did you hear about this one?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DJ Williams

Quote:

Old 03-31-2005, 10:22 PM   #1668
Mile High Shack
Ring of Famer

Cock-a-doodle-do

for the love of money

I'm so confused
Mile High Shack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2005, 10:38 PM   #1669
Old Dude
Super Moderator

Consultant

chuck & duck.

nothing to it.
Old 04-01-2005, 12:24 AM   #1670
TD30
Big Bad Wolf

Must fight the golden child
Attached Images

TD30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 05:25 AM   #1671
Old Dude
Super Moderator

Consultant

Quote:
Six fearless contestants have survived to this point by cunning, endurance, tactical acumen and luck.

rascal
Mile High Shack
Spider
TheDave
Sideburn
Clockwork Orange

In Round 8, two more will be eliminated.

The rules for this round are a little more complicated than usual, but such is the fog of war.

So listen up troops.

There are SEVEN defensive positions on the beach.
They are numbered as postions one through seven. And they are in a circular formation. Thus, position one is immediately next to position seven.
Each one is currently occupied.

Defensive Position 1 contains rascal
Defensive Position 2 contains Mile High Shack
Defensive Position 3 contains Spider
Defensive Position 4 contains the lifeless corpse of DBroncos4Life.
Defensive Position 5 contains TheDave
Defensive Position 6 contains Sideburn
Defensive Position 7 contains Clockwork Orange

To repeat, the formation wraps around so that Defensive Position 7 is immediately next to Defensive Position 1.

This round, each player gets ONE GRENADE. (DBroncos4Life doesn't have one. He's just a stiff at this point, so don't bother searching his body.)

Each player may throw their grenade at any defensive position on the beach. The players cannot throw the grenades directly at other players. You can only throw grenades at defensive positions. So, when you PM in your vote, I will not accept a vote that says, "I throw my grenade at Mr. Bobo Bootlicker." I will only accept votes that designate one of the SEVEN defensive positions.

That is the "chuck" part of this Round.

The "duck" part of this round is as follows:

In addition to throwing your grenade, you can also chose to move yourself ONE (1) spot away to a different defensive position. Thus, if you are in defensive position 4, you can (1) choose to stay there, (2) move to defensive position 3, or (3) move the other direction to defensive position 5. You could not make it all the way to defensive position 2 or 6. Anyone caught out in the open trying to move more than one spot will be blown to smithereens.

So it's simple. Chuck your grenade at any one defensive position, choose to stay where you are, or move one spot to the left or right and hope you survive the carnage.

Any number of players (technically up to three) may wind up in the same "foxhole" i.e. the same defensive position. Any grenade landing in there damages them all equally.

Grenades do THREE VOTES OF "DAMAGE" to every person located at the defensive position where they land. They ALSO do ONE VOTE of damage to everyone in each of the two adjacent defensive positions. Thus, a grenade thrown into foxhole number one will do three votes of damage to everyone in foxhole one, one vote of damage to everyone in foxhole 7, and one vote of damage to everyone in foxhole 2.

Please PM me BOTH your choice of where to chuck your grenade, and your "duck" defensive move in the same PM before 10:00 A.M., Mountain Time, Saturday Morning.

Anyone who does not PM me a defensive move will be deemed to have stayed where they are. Anyone who does not tell me where they have thrown their grenade will be deemed to have fallen on it, and will take FIVE VOTES of Damage. Anyone in the Foxhole with the fool will take THREE VOTES of Damage, just as if it had been thrown there. Persons in adjacent foxholes will take one damage for being adjacent to the idiot.

At the end of ROUND 8, the two contestants with the most grenade damage will be shipped off the island. The normal tiebreakers apply.

I think that covers it.

And remember, no poor bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won the war by making the other poor bastard die for his.
Once there were 16.

Now there are 6.

Soon there will be 4.

There can be only 1.
Old 04-01-2005, 07:06 AM   #1672
Mile High Shack
Ring of Famer

Cock-a-doodle-do

ok...so can 2 people be in the same foxhole? like if you move but someone else doesn't move, does that move take place?

or can you have everyone in the same foxhole theoretically
Mile High Shack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 07:56 AM   #1673
Old Dude
Super Moderator

Consultant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. White Chocolate J. Loco
ok...so can 2 people be in the same foxhole? like if you move but someone else doesn't move, does that move take place?

or can you have everyone in the same foxhole theoretically
Yes. Two people can be in the same foxhole. Theoretically, three people can be in the same foxhole. This could happen if one guy stayed where he was, and the persons on his left and right both jumped in with him. More than three is not possible, because you can only move one foxhole to your left or right in the circle.

If a grenade lands in the foxhole, everyone in it takes 3 "wounds." If a grenade lands in an adjacent foxhole, (the foxhole on either the right or left side of the one you're in) everyone in your foxhole takes 1 "wound."
Old 04-01-2005, 08:38 AM   #1674
OldDudetheYounger
"Cleaner" for Survivor IV

I just want to say I had *nothing* to do with this setup.

That is all. Carry on troopers!
OldDudetheYounger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 08:42 AM   #1675
TheDave
Sauced...

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldDudetheYounger
I just want to say I had *nothing* to do with this setup.

That is all. Carry on troopers!
Nice try.... When OD's time comes...so does yours. Are you your Brothers keeper?