The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Ring of Fame Threads
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-23-2005, 09:21 AM   #401
Mile High Shack
Ring of Famer

Cock-a-doodle-do

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrod
Wow no doubt 2 people I would have to guess the gay dudes are screwed errr I mean they should pack it in errr nevermind.
I dunno Butthead, if you close your eyes and picture a chick…………

Last edited by Mile High Shack; 03-23-2005 at 09:26 AM..
Mile High Shack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 09:24 AM   #402
Old Dude
Super Moderator

Consultant

We should be down to 10 contestants by midnight Friday. Maybe fewer if some get disqualified.
Old Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 09:31 AM   #403
Rascal
RIP

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Turf

Nothing like the smell of death in the morning.
Rascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 09:36 AM   #404
TheDave
Sauced...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rascal
Nothing like the smell of death in the morning.
Feeding tube or not? Though he had a pretty brutal night, i'll bet with a few million dollars worht of medical tech we could at least make bosco into a nice String Puppet... let me know
TheDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 09:47 AM   #405
Rascal
RIP

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Turf

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDave
Feeding tube or not? Though he had a pretty brutal night, i'll bet with a few million dollars worht of medical tech we could at least make bosco into a nice String Puppet... let me know
Well after the rochambeoux you put him through last night he would remove it himself.

Fellow survivors...I suggest the extensive use of duct tape.
Rascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 09:58 AM   #406
Old Dude
Super Moderator

Consultant

I have one happy announcement to make. The thread now has over 5,000 views.

Still running way behind the word association thread in the ratings, but I'm hoping to make a run at that this weekend.
Old 03-23-2005, 10:00 AM   #407
TheDave
Sauced...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rascal
Well after the rochambeoux you put him through last night he would remove it himself.

Fellow survivors...I suggest the extensive use of duct tape.
Rock, Paper, Scissors?
Old 03-23-2005, 10:02 AM   #408
Crushaholic
Armchair Poster

Get off my lawn, you kids!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Isaiah Burse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Dude
I have one happy announcement to make. The thread now has over 5,000 views.

Still running way behind the word association thread in the ratings, but I'm hoping to make a run at that this weekend.
The word association thread has a distinct advantage. You only have to post one word, instead of attempting a complete thought. It's like competing against Paris Hilton's show...
Crushaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 10:24 AM   #409
Old Dude
Super Moderator

Consultant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crushaholic
The word association thread has a distinct advantage. You only have to post one word, instead of attempting a complete thought. It's like competing against Paris Hilton's show...
Yeah. It will be tough to beat.

I think we'd be looking better if PM numbers were somehow reflected in the ratings, but c'est la vie.

I'm trying to think up some way to put together a "rep-whore" immunity challenge for later on.
Old 03-23-2005, 10:26 AM   #410
Arkie
Ring of Famer

Say 'what' again, I dare you

Just a word to the wise.

I'll have a little more survivor fun Friday at midnight. Unfornately, I'm the only one in the game who will never find out his true friends and enemies. It may be in your best interests to shed some light.
Arkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 10:29 AM   #411
Mtbrncofn
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosko
Just a word to the wise.

I'll have a little more survivor fun Friday at midnight. Unfornately, I'm the only one in the game who will never find out his true friends and enemies. It may be in your best interests to shed some light.

That was a very nicely veiled threat, Bosko. Or I guess I should say bribery attempt.
Mtbrncofn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 10:41 AM   #412
Old Dude
Super Moderator

Consultant

My object all sublime
I shall achieve in time—
To let the punishment fit the crime,
The punishment fit the crime;
And make each prisoner pent
Unwillingly represent
A source of innocent merriment,
Of innocent merriment!

Last edited by Old Dude; 03-23-2005 at 10:53 AM..
Old 03-23-2005, 11:59 AM   #413
Old Dude
Super Moderator

Consultant

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtbrncofn®
That was a very nicely veiled threat, Bosko. Or I guess I should say bribery attempt.
Hard to say, but I think he might be offering leniency in return for confessions.

Since no one yet knows exactly what kind of leverage he'll have this weekend, that would be a tough choice to make.

And, of course, Bosko hasn't precisely promised leniency. So it might behoove him to clarify his position.

Or maybe he wants to keep it ambiguous.

As the Mole would say, "I have no clue for you."

Better ask Bosko himself.

If you can find your way to a seance.

And goodness only knows what the Ghosts of Alec & Mock might demand.

Last edited by Old Dude; 03-23-2005 at 12:05 PM..
Old 03-23-2005, 02:01 PM   #414
OBF1
Ring of Famer

No avatar is the new avatar

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None are worthy

Bosco... Kaylore did it!!!!!

But dont be too mad.... Not only did Dave vote for me this time, I just found out he is banging my younger sister. So much for being friends when we were growing up

I am officially no longer friends with that piece of tailor trash.
OBF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 02:16 PM   #415
Hotrod
Self Appointed Expert

aka Dortoh

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Miss I

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBF1

But dont be too mad.... Not only did Dave vote for me this time, I just found out he is banging my younger sister. So much for being friends when we were growing up

I love this game.
Hotrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 02:18 PM   #416
Old Dude
Super Moderator

Consultant

Now that Bosko's gone, the seating arrangement looks like this:

CBF1
DBroncos4life
Mile High Shack
TD30
Spider
rascal
MajikMan7
TheDave
bendog
Crushaholic
Sideburn
Clockwork Orange
Kaylore
Old 03-23-2005, 02:20 PM   #417
TheDave
Sauced...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBF1

Hey, i warned you that i was gonna show you proof that i wasn't gay... not that theres anything wrong with it...
Old 03-23-2005, 02:43 PM   #418
Mtbrncofn
Ring of Famer

The whole " not that there is anything wrong with that" thing really adds a lot of humor for us spectators, IMO.
Old 03-23-2005, 04:42 PM   #419
MajikMan7
Ring of Famer

Alando 'National TV' Tucker

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Jake Plummer

This is hunger that just wont go away. I don't even like the taste of blood. But it was all they had for sale today.
MajikMan7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 05:15 PM   #420
Sideburn
Thanks for the memories

Anyone else have that damn Kelly Clarkson song stuck in their head?

The 2004 Neck Pony Nation / Orangemane Fantasy Football Champion
Sideburn's Evil Head Brigade (14-1)
Sideburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 07:02 PM   #421
Old Dude
Super Moderator

Consultant

How Old Dude was killed, dead, dead, dead.

While there's sort of a lull in the action, I thought I'd pass on this anecdote from my previous experience in this kind of game. For the sake of our viewing audience, more than the players.

I have no reason to think that the same thing has happened, or is happening, here, and in fact, I've thrown in a couple curve balls to change things considerably. But it might throw a little light on some of the dynamics that can happen below the surface.
So here's how it went. There were 19 in this sign-up. The MC really only wanted to deal with 10, who he planned to break into two teams of 5. So there was going to be a "lightning" elimination of 9 players over a period of 2 weeks.

I only knew a couple people in the game, and didn't trust either one of them. Still, I figured I'd better try to hook up with someone, so I contacted a guy whose username sounded cool, and we agreed to form an alliance. We both thought that a two-man alliance would be "soft" so we invited in a third guy. Fatal mistake. He said, "Sounds good." And by that he meant "It sounds good that I can sell you fools up the river whenever I please."

Then we caught a little bit of a break. As it turned out, over on the other side of the "map" a five-man alliance had targeted a three-man alliance for destruction. (I'm using "man" in the generic sense). But the five man alliance was actually a six-man alliance. And three of them decided to switch sides. I think they were trying to get leverage by forcing the others into the middle of the arena and then pushing from both sides. Or maybe they were just plain evil. I don't know. But we didn't have much to do with it. Until one member of the group that was originally targeted sent out a curt message that basically said: "Pssst. Some of us are thinking about voting for "Mr. X" this round."

Well. that was all it took. So I notified my partners and we decided it would be better to jump onto a forming dogpile than to be crushed underneath one. The stampede began, and Mr. X was crushed into oblivion.

My mysterious benefactor then notified me that "Mr. Z" was next. "Mr. Z" was of course the 2d guy in the betrayed group. (But I didn't know that.) Sounded to me like we had a great pipeline to a valuable information source for dogpiles. I informed my partners, and not only that, but I started my own communications and hooked up with a two-person group who no one had ever bothered to talk to. They'd been complaining about that right on the board but were to shy or scared to get the PMs rolling. (At least one of them was - - the other I'm not so sure about.) So suddenly we had what appeared to be a nice group of 5 that could join with another big group and crush our way right into the final 10.

Bang, we knocked off guy number two. Flatter than a pancake.

And we were drawing up plans for number three when I found out that the "Sounds good" member of my team decided to cash us in. This was kind of stupid on his part, because we had numerical superiority. But they were desperate, and those who would have been caught under the big group agreed to come after me the next round. We had a big enough dogpile going so I avoided the first assassination attempt. But the next round, some of our secondary allies decided it might be a good time to whittle down their own ranks just a tad. I became expendable.

Anyway ... a lot of this game, at least in the early stages, involves a "mob mentality." It has very little to do with personal enmity ... until after some bastich points the mob at you. (And, of course, the bastich in question is just trying to save his own hide 99% of the time.)

This game is going the same in some ways, and dfferent in many others. I think the "mob (or herd) mentaility" thing is an inherent feature. But I've hopefully got enough curves in the road to put in some more tactcal elements and keep people guessing where the mob might head next.

So when you see Alec or Mock or whoever it might be crushed under a big stampede, just keep in mind that the same stampede probably came within a single PM or a grouchy poster of heading in a completely different direction. And as the game goes on and the herd dwindles, different kinds of manuevers come into play. We move from stampedes into dogfights, and then from dogfights into cats and mice.

Not that there's anything wrong with that ...

Last edited by Old Dude; 03-23-2005 at 08:00 PM..
Old 03-23-2005, 07:29 PM   #422
FADERPROOF
Twitter: FNRoleModel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sideburn
Anyone else have that damn Kelly Clarkson song stuck in their head?
"Since you've been gone", that song?

I dont have the song stuck in my head, I have how hot she is stuck in my head.
FADERPROOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 07:34 PM   #423
TheDave
Sauced...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenFan38
I have how hot she is stuck in my head.

Now that, there is something wrong with.
Old 03-23-2005, 07:37 PM   #424
FADERPROOF
Twitter: FNRoleModel

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDave
Now that, there is something wrong with.

WHAT??!!!??

She's hot, real hot.
FADERPROOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 07:57 PM   #425
Mtbrncofn
Ring of Famer

Here's something for the remaining contestants to ponder. As you've all witnessed, I've actively posted on this thread. I find it quite entertaining. So you can imagine my surprise when I got a pm from non other than THE MOLE. I'll share it with you all. Very interesting.

hickory dickory dock

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To mess with minds is my prop,
Today was the day, they vote away,
the wrong person who came to play.

The interested few, who watch this big zoo will find themselves involved in our plot. Are you not entertained, watching this game of fame as we pass blame from one and the same?

Intriguing...no?