The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Ring of Fame Threads
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Choke Job?
Big Time! 36 41.86%
Yes. 22 25.58%
No. 23 26.74%
Greatest Season Ever! All Hail Peyton Manning! 5 5.81%
Voters: 86. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-16-2005, 10:06 PM   #151
Northman
The Enigma Prognosis

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bryci

Quote:
Originally Posted by CornStore
never said he was a scrambler. my point is that the pats did infact hold their coverages even if peyton bought time. the coverage scheme employed by the pats was very effective even as plays developed or broke down.

From what i saw today Corny, Peyton didnt buy anytime as he was chased backwards a lot. the only effective play they really had was the screen which was working almost everytime which further strengthens my arguement that Elway would have slipped away from those defenders much easier than Peyton. Peyton is a slow Qb and never really bought any time. anyhow, like you i have to go as i have to get up in 5 hours for work. good luck with the rest of your debate.
Northman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2005, 10:08 PM   #152
Pezman
Livin the dream

Andy did you hear about this one?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DJ Williams

Well, I finally managed to watch the game and my initial reaction was how frustrating it must be for Peyton today... For the first time all year he had very little control of his situation and I'm sure it will haunt him this offseason. To say nothing of the way the Pats disrupted their rhythm all damn day...

But then I am reminded that I hate Dungy and the Colts and all I can say is bwahhahahahahahahaha! I bet they are sure glad that they paid all that extra money to Marvin Harrison instead of upgrading that defense.
Once again, we are shown that finesse offenses DO NOT dominate over well schemed and executed defenses, especially in bad weather conditions. Was Peyton a fraud today? Hmmmm I'd say a resounding no. His recievers and blocking backs sure were though. And that defense was clearly exposed as soft with a power back and a good line today.

One last thought.... how the hell did New England ever lose to the fins earlier this year? Sheeesh...
Old 01-16-2005, 10:11 PM   #153
Rausch
Ring of Famer

Angry Drunken German...

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Slap-
My bad, he did win a game at Arrowhead, didn't he?

Well, that's something.

rofl
Not this year.
Rausch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2005, 10:11 PM   #154
ro_50
Ring of Famer

The Patriots are a great team defense. and Manning didnt play like he did this year, but i wouldnt blame him entirely for the loss, rhodes just got out fought for the ball and that other TO.

their D didnt get the Pats off the field. they dominated the time of possession and was on the field for about 37 minutes.
ro_50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2005, 10:13 PM   #155
DB-Freak
The lone sack artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anubis_Zyklon
totally disagree. Elway would have abused Troy Brown today as a Dback.
I dont know.

I think ELway would have done better... but not by a significant margin.

Then again Elway did pull rabbits outta his ass so.
DB-Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2005, 10:16 PM   #156
Pick Six
Armchair Poster

I just have a different definition of "choke job". To me, a choke job is when you have a realistic shot at winning and putting the game away. Manning wasn't in that position. When I think of choke jobs, I think of TrINT Green's throw to the Texan player who took it to the house 102 yards later. Instead of going up by 2 TDs, the score was tied and KC went on to lose that game. That's a choke job. In this case, New England was just the better team.
Pick Six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2005, 10:19 PM   #157
Tredici
Ring of Famer

Quote:
dude, the colts wide receivers were covered. Edgerrin James got stuffed his fair share. the new england defense forced turnovers WHEN IT WAS OUT OF THE QBS HANDS. i guess wide receivers wouldn't have dropped perfect passes if elway had thrown them, he's so special. ig uess they wouldn't have fumbled becuase elway would have "led" them to not fumble. i guess elway would have scrambled and found a way to throw it to COVERED receivers. you guys really hate manning and are obviously elway homers, if elway was going to "carry his team" to wins when the rest of his offense was outplayed why didn't he win all the time? why did he lose 3 super bowls before a team was built around him? why did he lose his share of afc playoff games to teams MUCH WORSE than the current new england team? no qb playing today would have been able to make up for the rest of the matchups out there.

Wow. So let me get this straight. If Jake Plummer gets intercepted it's because he's a joke of a QB. But if Peyton Manning gets intercepted it's the defense forcing turnovers and it's OUT OF THE QB's HANDS.

I know whose being a hypocrite on this board and it doesn't seem to be one of the homers.

Here's another revelation. New England's defense was better in the matchup last season. They didn't have to do all that much today. I hope you taped the game. It wasn't so much a dominant performance by the defense as it was a tentative performance by Indy's offense. None of that all out swagger we saw last week when they knew they could beat Denver. Know why? Because they knew they couldn't beat New England. Their lack of confidence was absolutely apparent. From the QB on down.
Tredici is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2005, 10:22 PM   #158
Pezman
Livin the dream

Andy did you hear about this one?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DJ Williams

Quote:
anyway i'm taking off. again i'm really sorry you guys are still fuming over the 49-24 game vs the broncos, but get over it. such unhealthy hatred and bitterness can't be good for you.
Tsk tsk... I see the Corncob is still bitter... must be sad times in Nebraska for old corny..

Ooooh Blue... can I do the honors?

It would be my honor to enforce Cornstore's threat to leave... Please?? ??
Old 01-16-2005, 10:27 PM   #159
-Slap-
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tredici
Wow. So let me get this straight. If Jake Plummer gets intercepted it's because he's a joke of a QB. But if Peyton Manning gets intercepted it's the defense forcing turnovers and it's OUT OF THE QB's HANDS.

I know whose being a hypocrite on this board and it doesn't seem to be one of the homers.

Here's another revelation. New England's defense was better in the matchup last season. They didn't have to do all that much today. I hope you taped the game. It wasn't so much a dominant performance by the defense as it was a tentative performance by Indy's offense. None of that all out swagger we saw last week when they knew they could beat Denver. Know why? Because they knew they couldn't beat New England. Their lack of confidence was absolutely apparent. From the QB on down.
The Manning lovers should all read this post very carefully. Sums it up perfectly.
-Slap- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2005, 10:27 PM   #160
Tredici
Ring of Famer

Apparently Cornrow has selective reading problems. I seem to find a lot of support for Manning from various regulars on this thread.

This one isn't even a very good agitator.

I got a bigger laugh out of Rausch thinking counting Indy as one of K.C's 7 wins this past season actually means anything.
Old 01-16-2005, 10:39 PM   #161
FADERPROOF
Twitter: FNRoleModel

Quote:

That goes on the coaching and gameplan. They abandoned the run way too soon and a 1 dimensional offense will neve beat the NE D, even with Peyton at QB. They did the same last year also, as Ty Law called it "the most simple gameplan we've had to use."

So from "QB on down" is wrong, it's from the coaching staff on down.
FADERPROOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2005, 10:41 PM   #162
FADERPROOF

As for much of an idiot kicker Vanderjagt seems to be, he may be dead on about Tony Dungry. 3 years ago he called him and Peyton out about not having the heart and desire to win, as he pointed to Tampa Bay with Dungy compared to without him, and while Peyton does have the driveand [b]will[/b[] win a Super Bowl, I'm not so sure about Dungy.
Old 01-16-2005, 10:43 PM   #163
Tredici
Ring of Famer

But we know who the Indy coach really is...
Old 01-16-2005, 10:46 PM   #164
Tredici
Ring of Famer

We know who knows xxxx's and ooooo's. We know who knows defenses.

Where were those audibles today anyway?

I did see Brady make a couple. Both excellent adjustments.
Old 01-16-2005, 10:58 PM   #165
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

For all the punks that said it wasn't Sir Mannings fault but still blame every thing on Plummer I have something for you

(what the hell was I on)

Last edited by DBroncos4life; 01-16-2005 at 11:11 PM..
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2005, 11:01 PM   #166
FADERPROOF

Quote:
But we know who the Indy coach really is...
Hopefully not Dungy anymore.
Old 01-16-2005, 11:03 PM   #167
FADERPROOF

And damn you guys for pairing me up with Cornstore in these arguments also!
Old 01-16-2005, 11:06 PM   #168
Tredici
Ring of Famer

I just think it's funny. Couple weeks ago Dungy was insignificant because Peyton was so in control. There wasn't even any point to Indy paying an offensive coordinator as he was nothing but a figurehead.

If Dungy is to be fired it should be for letting Manning run the show.
Not for the loss today.
Old 01-16-2005, 11:10 PM   #169
FADERPROOF

Quote:
I just think it's funny. Couple weeks ago Dungy was insignificant because Peyton was so in control. There wasn't even any point to Indy paying an offensive coordinator as he was nothing but a figurehead.

Not for the loss today.
I think that was used more as another thing to drill Manning about since he waved off the punt team and played a little offensive coordinator against the Broncos in week 17, rather than people actually thinking he was running the whole show and playing coach of the Colts.
Old 01-16-2005, 11:19 PM   #170
CornStore
Seasoned Veteran

Quote:

what the hell? if peyton got intercepted, yeah it'd be his fault, but aside from that garbage time int where he was forcing a throw HE WASNT INTERCEPTED. his receivers fumbled it away.

and your comment about new england's defense "not doing all that much" is laughable. they were already one of the best defenses in the nfl and belicheck said their play today was the best of the season.
CornStore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2005, 11:20 PM   #171
CornStore
Seasoned Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Slap-
The Manning lovers should all read this post very carefully. Sums it up perfectly.
except it's wrong on every level, since the turnovers i was referencing were the fumbles where the ball was infact already out of peyton's hands.
Old 01-16-2005, 11:23 PM   #172
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
except it's wrong on every level, since the turnovers i was referencing were the fumbles where the ball was infact already out of peyton's hands.

Manning looked like the Bills starters going against Pitt's backups.

Choke job if I ever seen one. Thanks to that Choke job we got to play the greatest team on turf.....on TURF!
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2005, 11:23 PM   #173
CornStore
Seasoned Veteran

Quote:

Not for the loss today.

your ignorance is hilarious. moore is a major part of why that offense is successful. maybe they should make you GM of the colts since you seem to know exactly how useless their OC is and how much control peyton has over the offense, defense, special teams, practice facilities, and waterboys.
Old 01-16-2005, 11:39 PM   #174
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality

Welcome to Peyton's Place

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rausch
Not this year.
You're right... this year, the Chefs have only managed to lose to the Chargeless.

In (January) '04, however, the Chefs did choke at home against the Colts.
Blueflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2005, 11:40 PM   #175
The Big E
Ring of Famer

3 points by a team that is built for offense. And they only got the three because NE dropped a sure INT in the end zone on the play before they kicked it. Say what you will, Manning gagged on this game, and is more responsible than anyone. Indy's D played more than well enough to win and they were let down by their darling QB.
The Big E is offline   Reply With Quote