The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Announcements, Features and Feedback
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-13-2004, 12:24 AM   #1
Taco John
24/7 Broncos
 
Taco John's Avatar
 
All Hail King Midas

Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 50,503

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning
Default Remember. You are equipped to deal with trolls.

I just wanted to remind everybody about the high level of ignore that we have here at The Orange Mane. If you have an account, you have the ability to completely shape your message board experience here though the "Ignore Poster" and "Ignore Thread" features.

Trolls are going to be trolls, but they only stick around when people interact with them. You can start solving the problem by being the first to put a troll on the ignore list, and changing the subject to something on topic. There are enough people here that someone will respond to your point, and ignore the troll too.

And by all means, you are welcome to complain about trolls to me... I like to know what's going on, and while I can't respond to every email sent to me (or I'd spend all my time responding to emails), I guage decisions that I make in all aspects of the Mane by feedback that I get from the community at large.

Plus the complaint that NarrowheadStank won't sack up and take his defeat like a man isn't a good enough reason to ban a guy.
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-13-2004, 12:29 AM   #2
Crushaholic
Armchair Poster
 
Crushaholic's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Topeka, KS
Posts: 22,585

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Isaiah Burse
Default

I try not to feed the trolls by just not responding to them. That doesn't work all the time, so I'm glad the ignore feature is in place.
Crushaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2004, 08:58 AM   #3
Sodak
Clueless...
 
Sodak's Avatar
 
Who stole my avatar?

Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Black Hills of Dakota
Posts: 3,055
Default

Ahh-ha! Thanks for the reminder...
Sodak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2004, 11:07 AM   #4
SDChiefsfan
Pro Bowler
 
SDChiefsfan's Avatar
 
RUN Defense: Get one, and GO directly to the SB!

Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: South Dakota
Posts: 535
Default

I wish some of our posters at CP would take your advice to, Troll John....
SDChiefsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2004, 10:15 AM   #5
Simply_Flawless
Solid Starter
 
Simply_Flawless's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 129
Default

Exactly how do you define troll? I mean, I can see some obvious people who come to the board and do nothing but throw out insults to everyone and everything, but in the same breath, there are also mainstays that have been here for awhile, that upon any comment they don't approve of, they rip you for it, apparently attempting to anger them. You have to admit Taco John, that you are sometimes guilty of the same thing at times, as are most people on this board. So why call these people trolls, when they are only doing full-time, what you do part-time?

Just a question to try to better understand the concept?
Simply_Flawless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2004, 10:24 AM   #6
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality
 
Blueflame's Avatar
 
Welcome to Peyton's Place

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in my cups... lol
Posts: 33,741

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simply_Flawless
Exactly how do you define troll? I mean, I can see some obvious people who come to the board and do nothing but throw out insults to everyone and everything, but in the same breath, there are also mainstays that have been here for awhile, that upon any comment they don't approve of, they rip you for it, apparently attempting to anger them. You have to admit Taco John, that you are sometimes guilty of the same thing at times, as are most people on this board. So why call these people trolls, when they are only doing full-time, what you do part-time?

Just a question to try to better understand the concept?
I'd define "troll" as "any poster who consistently annoys you." Putting any individual who falls into that category on ignore is probably a better option than allowing oneself to experience constant aggravation.
Blueflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2004, 10:28 AM   #7
Simply_Flawless
Solid Starter
 
Simply_Flawless's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 129
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueflame
I'd define "troll" as "any poster who consistently annoys you." Putting any individual who falls into that category on ignore is probably a better option than allowing oneself to experience constant aggravation.
Yes, but it is more or less knowing that someone is posting about you without any respect, and you're unable to read it. That's the only problem. I don't want to be having a good conversation about football, or debating my opinion, and then to have some idea start running their mouth and bashing me. It takes a lot away from the topic and makes the person who made the first initial comment an absolute idiot.
Simply_Flawless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2004, 10:44 AM   #8
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality
 
Blueflame's Avatar
 
Welcome to Peyton's Place

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in my cups... lol
Posts: 33,741

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simply_Flawless
Yes, but it is more or less knowing that someone is posting about you without any respect, and you're unable to read it. That's the only problem. I don't want to be having a good conversation about football, or debating my opinion, and then to have some idea start running their mouth and bashing me. It takes a lot away from the topic and makes the person who made the first initial comment an absolute idiot.
Um... just a small word of friendly advice, SF... a rival fan calling TJ an "absolute idiot" on his board may result in neg rep.

You have a point regarding not being able to see ignored posters dissing you but allowing curiosity to prevent the use of the board tool also means that when you make that choice, you forfeit the right to complain about what you might encounter.

In which case, a very thick skin is your best friend.
Blueflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2004, 12:09 PM   #9
Ratboy
It's all over...
 
Ratboy's Avatar
 
ಠ_ಠ

Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: England
Posts: 15,174
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolffman
This forum really gets me off!
Welcome to the mane.

Last edited by Ratboy; 09-25-2004 at 12:13 PM..
Ratboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2004, 12:26 PM   #10
Surtain23
Just Drafted
 
Surtain23's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Buffalo
Posts: 25
Default


Last edited by DenFan38; 09-25-2004 at 03:26 PM..
Surtain23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2004, 03:04 PM   #11
chanesaw
Ring of Famer
 
chanesaw's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Indiana
Posts: 1,256

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Steve Atwater
Default

Where are these ignore options?
chanesaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2004, 03:11 PM   #12
chanesaw
Ring of Famer
 
chanesaw's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Indiana
Posts: 1,256

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Steve Atwater
Default

Whew, I figured it out. Wolffman and Surtain23 were grossing me out. I don't care how annoying Chief trolls can be, I have never considered banning them. Those 2 are the first ever banned.
chanesaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2004, 04:06 PM   #13
Bronco_Beerslug
Angling in the Deep
 
Bronco_Beerslug's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Texas Riviera, Southern Mountains
Posts: 24,234
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chanesaw
Whew, I figured it out. Wolffman and Surtain23 were grossing me out. I don't care how annoying Chief trolls can be, I have never considered banning them. Those 2 are the first ever banned.
Shouldn't have to ban those type of people. They should have there membership closed immediately!
Bronco_Beerslug is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:17 AM.


Denver Broncos