The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Ring of Fame Threads
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 05-08-2002, 11:41 PM   #176
Midnight Blue
EGIGB

Re: The Treehouse.  No Girlz Allow3d!

[quote author=NDGal link=board=jibbajabba1;num=1014731150;start=165#17 4 date=05/08/02 at 22:26:40]Parts of the state are.  I missed part of the weather so I'm not sure if we're in it or not.

We had over an inch of rain in the last 24 hours, though. Since it's been raining for over a week, I feel like I've moved to Seattle!

That is a neat website....It gave me a lot of ideas for my Toddlers....(although I might need to make some of them a little more developmentally appropriate.   The recipes can be used with your older kids, too, though!)

I printed quite a bit of it and made a binder full of ideas for work...[/quote]

Most of our snow melted as soon as it hit the ground, but when I pulled into my parents' driveway yesterday, there was a mud puddle 8 inches deep...

Some of my best memories of childhood were of working in the kitchen with my Mom and my Grandmother... and I hope to build that same sort of tradition for my kids. We always take at least one day to make Christmas cookies together (which can be very interesting with 6 kids wielding cookie cutters :-) ) One can never do too much of that sort of parent-child bonding, though.
Midnight Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2002, 11:46 PM   #177
Sassy
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eddie Royal

[quote author=Blueflame link=board=jibbajabba1;num=1014731150;start=165#17 5 date=05/08/02 at 22:41:47]

Most of our snow melted as soon as it hit the ground, but when I pulled into my parents' driveway yesterday, there was a mud puddle 8 inches deep...

Some of my best memories of childhood were of working in the kitchen with my Mom and my Grandmother... and I hope to build that same sort of tradition for my kids. We always take at least one day to make Christmas cookies together (which can be very interesting with 6 kids wielding cookie cutters :-) ) One can never do too much of that sort of parent-child bonding, though. [/quote]

Sounds like you've also gotten some rain.

There are also recipes for playdough, painting,  art stuff, and of course, food! Anyway...I've got a couple of more if you're interested.

I just found this one, but it looks interesting:

http://www.verybestkids.com/nirf/cm/upload/20022121484666149243206/hom_fea_tmp2-hnc_apr.jpg

Sassy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2002, 12:02 AM   #178
Midnight Blue
EGIGB

Yeah, the weather's been pretty nasty... rain, hail, snow, wind... and the temperature got down to 30 last night... today it was mostly clear, but still cold... it's supposed to warm up by the weekend, though... I hope it actually does because the 'mere male' has a golf tournament on Saturday and it would be miserable for him if it's raining...

I'd appreciate the links to the other sites... I always like ideas on things like that to do with the kids...
Old 05-09-2002, 12:20 AM   #179
Sassy
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eddie Royal

[quote author=Blueflame link=board=jibbajabba1;num=1014731150;start=165#17 7 date=05/08/02 at 23:02:42]Yeah, the weather's been pretty nasty... rain, hail, snow, wind... and the temperature got down to 30 last night... today it was mostly clear, but still cold... it's supposed to warm up by the weekend, though... I hope it actually does because the 'mere male' has a golf tournament on Saturday and it would be miserable for him if it's raining...

I'd appreciate the links to the other sites... I always like ideas on things like that to do with the kids... [/quote]

...not to mention, the kids need to be able to use their golf clubs and fishing poles

Here's one more link:http://www.makingfriends.com/mom_kitchen.htm
I could look up things forever...scrapbooking, crafts, kids, and of course, EBay!

Have a great day tomorrow, Blue!  I'm going to bed. GOOD NIGHT
Old 05-09-2002, 12:27 AM   #180
Midnight Blue
EGIGB

Thanks for the links, ND. :-)

Hopefully your area won't be affected by the winter storm... talk to you later!
Old 05-09-2002, 10:50 AM   #181
Alkazar
NPN Mascott

Bronco's Thunder

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Steph Alexander

Just stopped in to say thanks for the drumstick and beer...they were great! Unfortunately, I had to down em quick cause I had to get to my second job, and I ended up with a massive brain  :frozen:!! And yes, I am a typical male, just like you two are typical females...

Also, I agree, its more than past time to let the Trip/Brian thread die......

The weather's still wierd here too, it snowed last night and was in the 70's the day before yesterday!
Alkazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2002, 06:06 PM   #182
Alkazar
NPN Mascott

Bronco's Thunder

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Steph Alexander

Hmm, alls quiet on the Orangemane. Think I'll kick back in GB's chair and take a nap. Hope somebody wakes me up before I have to go to work.
Old 05-09-2002, 06:10 PM   #183
Sassy
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eddie Royal

Hi Alkazar!  What's happening in your part of the world today?

BTW, Where is GB?

"Typical Female"
Old 05-09-2002, 08:13 PM   #184
Midnight Blue
EGIGB

Hi, ND and Alkazar! How's everything going today?

<pours beer into frosty mug, sits in TJ's favorite chair>

'Typical', eh? Aw, there's nothing typical about us Bronco girls... we're unique.

It's almost Friday already... is it just me or has this week seemed to fly by?
Old 05-10-2002, 10:23 AM   #185
Alkazar
NPN Mascott

Bronco's Thunder

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Steph Alexander

I'm just saying that I'm as "typical" as you two.

Not much going on here, just trying to wrap up a few projects I'm working on before my final day. Getting out a few resume's and such. I'm hoping I'll start interviewing next week. If all else fails though, I can still go through a temp agency. I've landed a couple of good jobs through them over the years. I just hope my next position lasts more than 2 years....{sigh}

Haven't seen GB very much recently at all. I think he posted a couple of days ago, but mostly hes been MIA.

Time is definately strange this week, and I expect it to continue next week as well. It seems to be crawling on one hand (the part of me thats wanting to get this change over with), and flying by on the other (whenever I realize how much I need to get done by next Friday).

How's things been going with you two?
Old 05-10-2002, 02:12 PM   #186
Midnight Blue
EGIGB

Hi, Alkazar! :-)

<bringing in a box of donuts>
Care for a donut and maybe a fresh cup of coffee, tea, or hot chocolate?

Looks like you're going to have no trouble at all making the Ring of Fame before next Friday.

All's going well around here... it's been at least partly sunny (and all the snow has melted again! ) but it's still a bit cool for May. My lilac bush is usually in full bloom by Memorial Day, but it seems quite late at budding this year... the cool weather is delaying my irises and wild roses, too....

Old 05-10-2002, 04:37 PM   #187
Alkazar
NPN Mascott

Bronco's Thunder

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Steph Alexander

I'll definately take a donut, but its a little to early yet for coffee. I'll just take a Bud instead..

it's still a little cool here too, but not too bad. I've got a Lilac bush in the front yard as well, but hardly any blooms. My biggest problem is mushrooms in the front yard. There was a tree that was cut down before we moved in. Instead of cutting out the stump, they just buried it and now we've got mushrooms all over the place.
Old 05-10-2002, 05:09 PM   #188
Alkazar
NPN Mascott

Bronco's Thunder

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Steph Alexander

[quote author=Blueflame link=board=jibbajabba1;num=1014731150;start=180#18 5 date=05/10/02 at 13:12:12]Hi, Alkazar! :-)

Looks like you're going to have no trouble at all making the Ring of Fame before next Friday.

[/quote]

Yeah, I'm really slacking off right now in order to push myself over the hump. But, then again, what are they gonna do....Fire me  
Old 05-10-2002, 07:31 PM   #189
Midnight Blue
EGIGB

[quote author=Alkazar link=board=jibbajabba1;num=1014731150;start=180#18 7 date=05/10/02 at 16:09:25]

Yeah, I'm really slacking off right now in order to push myself over the hump. But, then again, what are they gonna do....Fire me   [/quote]

You'll make it, I'm sure... piece of cake!

<pours beer into frosty mug, hands it and a donut to Alkazar>

What sort of treatment does it take to get rid of mushrooms on your lawn? We usually get a lot of dandelions if we don't use a lot of Weed & Feed... but that's OK because my boys enjoy bringing me huge bouquets of dandelions... which ends up decreasing their numbers because they're picked before they can go to seed. (And that's one kind of 'flower' growing in our yard that I don't mind them picking!)
Old 05-13-2002, 01:03 PM   #190
Alkazar
NPN Mascott

Bronco's Thunder

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Steph Alexander

Thanks for the donut & beer!

Unfortunately, I haven't found a cure for the common mushroom, (no I don't smoke em or whatever your supposed to do with em.. ) so I'm just gonna re-sod and leave it at that for now. tell you what, why don't you send your kids over my way, I've got a lot of dendelions around my yard that would make a georgeous bouquet for ya...
Old 05-13-2002, 01:28 PM   #191
Midnight Blue
EGIGB

[quote author=Alkazar link=board=jibbajabba1;num=1014731150;start=180#18 9 date=05/13/02 at 12:03:55]Thanks for the donut & beer!

Unfortunately, I haven't found a cure for the common mushroom, (no I don't smoke em or whatever your supposed to do with em.. ) so I'm just gonna re-sod and leave it at that for now. tell you what, why don't you send your kids over my way, I've got a lot of dendelions around my yard that would make a georgeous bouquet for ya... [/quote]

My kids would definitely pick all the dandelions... I get some really impressive bouquets early in the spring... they run out and grab all that they can before their big brother mows the lawn...
Are the mosquitoes out yet in your area, Alkazar? They're already proliferating here... of course, living close to the river, we get millions of them... (OK, millions might be a slight exaggeration, but it sure seems like that many )
Old 05-13-2002, 02:19 PM   #192
Alkazar
NPN Mascott

Bronco's Thunder

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Steph Alexander

We're at least a couple of miles from the nearest river, the North Platte, and no lakes to speak of within 10 miles. Also, they're predicting a drought here this summer so I don't think we'll see much of a problem with 'skeeters this year. And you probably aren't exaggerating, they're worse than rabbits when it comes to breeding!
Old 05-13-2002, 02:48 PM   #193
Midnight Blue
EGIGB

[quote author=Alkazar link=board=jibbajabba1;num=1014731150;start=180#19 1 date=05/13/02 at 13:19:20]We're at least a couple of miles from the nearest river, the North Platte, and no lakes to speak of within 10 miles. Also, they're predicting a drought here this summer so I don't think we'll see much of a problem with 'skeeters this year. And you probably aren't exaggerating, they're worse than rabbits when it comes to breeding! [/quote]

No kidding... the worst infestation of mosquitoes I ever saw was a couple of years ago... this one summer evening my Dad, Mr. Blue and I were participating in a 'jam session' at a resort along the river. We were set up outdoors in a gazebo and as it grew dark, the mosquitoes just swarmed all over everyone. We had citronella candles all around (they're supposed to deter insects) but that hardly even slowed them down. At one point, I killed 5 mosquitoes on my Dad's leg with one slap... Fortunately, he was wearing brand-new denim jeans and they hadn't been able to drill through the heavy fabric... but they were sure trying! Some people left just because the mosquitoes were so bad... and we still refer to the event as "the Great Mosquito Banquet"....
Old 05-13-2002, 02:55 PM   #194
Alkazar
NPN Mascott

Bronco's Thunder

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Steph Alexander

I don't think I've experienced anything that bad yet, but I remember one year, back in 74 or 75, we went camping at a small campground near Lake O'Havre here in Colorado and the skeeters were so bad they drove off at least 5 families (including ours) who were camped around the lake.
Old 05-13-2002, 03:37 PM   #195
Midnight Blue
EGIGB

The mosquitoes must have been pretty bad if they chased off 5 families...

I think there had just been a fresh hatch of young mosquitoes the night of the Great Mosquito Banquet... I'd never seen them that thick before... it was really amazing... it didn't seem funny the night it happened, but we do look back on it and laugh....
Old 05-13-2002, 04:05 PM   #196
Alkazar
NPN Mascott

Bronco's Thunder

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Steph Alexander

Yeah, we all look back on the camping trip now and laugh too, but all I really remember about it is a lot of slapping and arm waving as we hurredly tried to re-pack the tents.....
Old 05-13-2002, 05:40 PM   #197
Midnight Blue
EGIGB

[quote author=Alkazar link=board=jibbajabba1;num=1014731150;start=195#19 5 date=05/13/02 at 15:05:42]Yeah, we all look back on the camping trip now and laugh too, but all I really remember about it is a lot of slapping and arm waving as we hurredly tried to re-pack the tents.....[/quote]

I can imagine that it wasn't much fun as you were re-packing everything... so, did you head back for home or in search of another campsite?

<pours two frosty beers, hands one to Alkazar>
Old 05-14-2002, 08:58 AM   #198
Alkazar
NPN Mascott

Bronco's Thunder

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Steph Alexander

Ahhh, mmmm, thanks for the beer. Actually, we rescheduled and ended up getiing caught in the deluge that caused the Big Thompson flood. Needless to say, it was not a good year for camping.....
Old 05-14-2002, 02:27 PM   #199
Midnight Blue
EGIGB

Wow...  I guess that just wasn't a good year for you to go camping!

Hey, you're doing great with your post total... less than 20 more to the Ring of Fame...

Old 05-14-2002, 06:28 PM   #200
Alkazar
NPN Mascott

Bronco's Thunder

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Steph Alexander

Yup, gettin closer an closer......but I'll have to try to get the rest of the way tomorrow. Gotta be headin home for now. Good Nite!