The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Ring of Fame Threads
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 05-05-2002, 09:01 PM   #151
Midnight Blue
EGIGB

Re: The Treehouse.  No Girlz Allow3d!

[quote author=NDGal link=board=jibbajabba1;num=1014731150;start=135#14 9 date=05/05/02 at 20:21:46]
I can understand the twins being upset!  (I wouldn't mind the fishing part myself!)  It's been very cool and rainy here, too, for the last week or so.  We did have one 75 degree day and then it had to be really windy...oh, the joys of living in ND!

How was your weekend BLue and BKA? Anything fun going on?  Mine was extremely busy and I'm running out of time to get anything else done! It's kind of like the more you get done, the more there is to do [/quote]

Yeah, it's pretty frustrating for the little guys... within the last week we bought them new junior golf clubs as well as the new fishing poles... and now the weather is uncooperative so they can't use any of their new stuff.

We had a nice, busy weekend... we met friends for dinner last night and spent the day visiting family and doing some shopping today. Spent too much money, but oh, well...

Was your busy weekend spent working on your redecoration projects?
Midnight Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2002, 09:36 PM   #152
Sassy
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eddie Royal

I didn't even get a chance to open the paint cans!

Friday, I went to water aerobics and worked on a photo album for my mom for Mother's Day and I was so tired, I went to bed by 11....which is really early for me on a weekend.

Saturday, I went to a conference for work.  It lasted until 3:30, so I didn't get home until 4.  I ended up doing a bunch of stuff for work.

Today was a little more relaxing.  I went out to lunch and shopping with a friend...yep, I also spent too much money.   Scheels was having a really good sale and I bought a swimsuit and a teeshirt and pair of shorts...It was so busy in that store.  Worse than Christmas, because it was their 100th anniversary!  I didn't get a chance to check out the new Bronco gear, yet.  I haven't even got a chance to clean my house.  I also wrote a paper (on the conference) for work.

......oh well, my housecleaning will wait
Sassy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2002, 09:57 PM   #153
Midnight Blue
EGIGB

[quote author=NDGal link=board=jibbajabba1;num=1014731150;start=150#15 1 date=05/05/02 at 21:36:40]I didn't even get a chance to open the paint cans!

Friday, I went to water aerobics and worked on a photo album for my mom for Mother's Day and I was so tired, I went to bed by 11....which is really early for me on a weekend.

Saturday, I went to a conference for work.  It lasted until 3:30, so I didn't get home until 4.  I ended up doing a bunch of stuff for work.

Today was a little more relaxing.  I went out to lunch and shopping with a friend...yep, I also spent too much money.   Scheels was having a really good sale and I bought a swimsuit and a teeshirt and pair of shorts...It was so busy in that store.  Worse than Christmas, because it was their 100th anniversary!  I didn't get a chance to check out the new Bronco gear, yet.  I haven't even got a chance to clean my house.  I also wrote a paper (on the conference) for work.

......oh well, my housecleaning will wait [/quote]

After that busy weekend, I'm surprised that your cyber-cocktail of choice is a Diet Coke...

Did the store's 100th anniversary mean good sale prices? Getting a good deal on stuff always makes me feel better about spending too much money.
Old 05-05-2002, 10:08 PM   #154
Sassy
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eddie Royal

[quote author=Blueflame link=board=jibbajabba1;num=1014731150;start=150#15 2 date=05/05/02 at 21:57:24]

After that busy weekend, I'm surprised that your cyber-cocktail of choice is a Diet Coke...

Did the store's 100th anniversary mean good sale prices? Getting a good deal on stuff always makes me feel better about spending too much money.
[/quote]

! @ the Diet Coke remark...yeah, I needed the caffeine!

Not bad.  They had some $3 dollar t-shirts and my Nike Socks were 3 pairs for $5.  I bought a $62 dollar swimsuit for $35...and it was reversible! (SO it was actually a two for one deal ! ) Of course, my shirt and shorts weren't on sale. >

Speaking of sales, I was so mad.  The conference was all day Saturday and they had the huge giant rummage sale that they have every year at the civic center at the exact same time...ending at 3! BUMMER!  I love garage sales
Old 05-05-2002, 10:28 PM   #155
Midnight Blue
EGIGB

[quote author=NDGal link=board=jibbajabba1;num=1014731150;start=150#15 3 date=05/05/02 at 22:08:04]

! @ the Diet Coke remark...yeah, I needed the caffeine!

Not bad.  They had some $3 dollar t-shirts and my Nike Socks were 3 pairs for $5.  I bought a $62 dollar swimsuit for $35...and it was reversible! (SO it was actually a two for one deal ! ) Of course, my shirt and shorts weren't on sale. >

Speaking of sales, I was so mad.  The conference was all day Saturday and they had the huge giant rummage sale that they have every year at the civic center at the exact same time...ending at 3! BUMMER!  I love garage sales
[/quote]

How annoying to miss the rummage sale... I love yard, garage, and rummage sales too. One can find so many good bargains at such sales. I guess that's what is so appealing about ebay... it's a giant 24/7 cyber yard sale... and you don't even have to worry about rain...

I'm hoping to find a new Sharpe jersey to wear for opening day... but that probably won't be on sale... still, I have to celebrate #84's return...
Old 05-05-2002, 10:33 PM   #156
Sassy
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eddie Royal

[quote author=Blueflame link=board=jibbajabba1;num=1014731150;start=150#15 4 date=05/05/02 at 22:28:10]

How annoying to miss the rummage sale... I love yard, garage, and rummage sales too. One can find so many good bargains at such sales. I guess that's what is so appealing about ebay... it's a giant 24/7 cyber yard sale... and you don't even have to worry about rain...

I'm hoping to find a new Sharpe jersey to wear for opening day... but that probably won't be on sale... still, I have to celebrate #84's return... [/quote]

Sometimes you can find really cool things!  (I'm into the glass...I like old bottles and vases.) Ebay is BAD for my CREDIT CARD! >

I'll probably break down and buy a new jersey, too.  But, I might buy Brian's...because he's my "son" you know..and to bug Errand! !
Old 05-05-2002, 10:39 PM   #157
Midnight Blue
EGIGB

[quote author=NDGal link=board=jibbajabba1;num=1014731150;start=150#15 5 date=05/05/02 at 22:33:19]

Sometimes you can find really cool things!  (I'm into the glass...I like old bottles and vases.) Ebay is BAD for my CREDIT CARD! >

I'll probably break down and buy a new jersey, too.  But, I might buy Brian's...because he's my "son" you know..and to bug Errand! !
[/quote]

I hear you.... ebay's bad for my credit card balance, too!

LMAO about your reason for buying #14! What's even more amusing is that one of my sons was wearing a Griese jersey today.
Old 05-05-2002, 11:05 PM   #158
Sassy
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eddie Royal

[quote author=Blueflame link=board=jibbajabba1;num=1014731150;start=150#15 6 date=05/05/02 at 22:39:27]

I hear you.... ebay's bad for my credit card balance, too!

LMAO about your reason for buying #14! What's even more amusing is that one of my sons was wearing a Griese jersey today. [/quote]
I wouldn't mind having Shannon's either. (I graduated in '84, so it's a good #! )  I have TD's but haven't worn it much lately  

What did you buy today?
Old 05-05-2002, 11:39 PM   #159
Midnight Blue
EGIGB

Today's shopping was mostly for sporting goods for the boys (golfing and fishing stuff) but the girls and I also went shopping for clothes. We found some nice summer tops at a very good price at TJ Maxx...  
Old 05-06-2002, 12:01 AM   #160
Sassy
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eddie Royal

[quote author=Blueflame link=board=jibbajabba1;num=1014731150;start=150#15 8 date=05/05/02 at 23:39:21]Today's shopping was mostly for sporting goods for the boys (golfing and fishing stuff) but the girls and I also went shopping for clothes. We found some nice summer tops at a very good price at TJ Maxx...  [/quote]

Sounds like you had a good time!  
Old 05-06-2002, 12:16 AM   #161
Midnight Blue
EGIGB

[quote author=NDGal link=board=jibbajabba1;num=1014731150;start=150#15 9 date=05/06/02 at 00:01:32]

Sounds like you had a good time!  
[/quote]

We did... and we also got to see Baby Blue again today. She is learning so many new things it's hard to keep up with all the progress.

Old 05-06-2002, 03:50 PM   #162
Alkazar
NPN Mascott

Bronco's Thunder

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Steph Alexander

<Comes in, grabs a beer from the fridge> Whats with all the freaking soda pop?? Oh well, looks like nobody's here anyway. Guess I'll check in again later......
Alkazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2002, 03:50 PM   #163
Alkazar
NPN Mascott

Bronco's Thunder

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Steph Alexander

Wow, still nobody here....[grabs another beer]....this is wierd, nobody in the treehouse two days in a row.
Old 05-08-2002, 02:07 PM   #164
Midnight Blue
EGIGB

<peeks into the Treehouse>
Ah... no naughty boys in here!

<bringing in groceries and cleaning supplies, puts groceries away, restocking fridge>

This place could use a good cleaning! Hmmm... someone's been drinking beers! <empties trash, starts dusting, cleaning countertops and vacuuming>

Old 05-08-2002, 04:43 PM   #165
Alkazar
NPN Mascott

Bronco's Thunder

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Steph Alexander

Hey Blue! How's it been goin? Did ya bring any of those icecream drumsticks? One would really go good with an ice-cold beer....
Old 05-08-2002, 04:45 PM   #166
Alkazar
NPN Mascott

Bronco's Thunder

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Steph Alexander

By the way, the place looks nice.....did you move the furniture around or something?
Old 05-08-2002, 05:53 PM   #167
Sassy
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eddie Royal

[quote author=Alkazar link=board=jibbajabba1;num=1014731150;start=165#16 5 date=05/08/02 at 16:45:18]By the way, the place looks nice.....did you move the furniture around or something?[/quote]
Typical Male
Old 05-08-2002, 06:30 PM   #168
Midnight Blue
EGIGB

Hi, ND and Alkazar!

Of course we have ice cream drumsticks... the Treehouse has everything a Bronco fan could ever want! :-)
<hands drumstick and a beer to Alkazar>

Old 05-08-2002, 08:22 PM   #169
Sassy
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eddie Royal

....I am so tired of "Brian's Fall"...time to take a break!
What's happening everyone?  
Old 05-08-2002, 09:03 PM   #170
Midnight Blue
EGIGB

Hi, ND.... looks like we could both use a cyber drink! <pours two frosty mugs, slides one to ND>

Yeah, the 'Brian' discussion kind of reminds me of an old story about a fly in a butcher shop... he's buzzing around in there all morning, but when the butcher goes to lunch he lands on a roll of baloney and eats until he's so full he can't move... then he's so happy he starts singing and doesn't notice the butcher's return...the butcher hears the singing and kills him with the flyswatter....

Moral of the story: when you're full of baloney, you should keep your mouth shut...

Anyway, on to more pleasant subjects.... :cheers:
Old 05-08-2002, 09:10 PM   #171
Sassy
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eddie Royal

[quote author=Blueflame link=board=jibbajabba1;num=1014731150;start=165#16 9 date=05/08/02 at 21:03:24]Hi, ND.... looks like we could both use a cyber drink! <pours two frosty mugs, slides one to ND>

Yeah, the 'Brian' discussion kind of reminds me of an old story about a fly in a butcher shop... he's buzzing around in there all morning, but when the butcher goes to lunch he lands on a roll of baloney and eats until he's so full he can't move... then he's so happy he starts singing and doesn't notice the butcher's return...the butcher hears the singing and kills him with the flyswatter....

Moral of the story: when you're full of baloney, you should keep your mouth shut...

Anyway, on to more pleasant subjects.... :cheers: [/quote]

Thanks for the beer, Blue!  It tastes great...just remember to stay put and not to go running down driveways!

Anyway...I'm outta here for a while, but I'll be back (probably in about 1/2 hour or so.)
Old 05-08-2002, 09:56 PM   #172
Midnight Blue
EGIGB

There's no chance of me running down my driveway... but a quick glance out my window tells me that if I did, there would be no huge mystery as to how I wiped out.... there are 3 bikes parked in the way at the moment... Guess I'd best remind the kids to put them back in the garage....

Maybe I'll just rustle up some cyber-nachos to go with the cyber brewskis...

Old 05-08-2002, 10:01 PM   #173
Sassy
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eddie Royal

[quote author=Blueflame link=board=jibbajabba1;num=1014731150;start=165#17 1 date=05/08/02 at 21:56:12] There's no chance of me running down my driveway... but a quick glance out my window tells me that if I did, there would be no huge mystery as to how I wiped out.... there are 3 bikes parked in the way at the moment... Guess I'd best remind the kids to put them back in the garage....

Maybe I'll just rustle up some cyber-nachos to go with the cyber brewskis... [quote]
Sounds Great!

Yikes..we are under a winter storm advisory....

anyway...I sent you a pm...check it out!

I found a cool website you and your kids might like!
http://kinderart.com/kitchen/index.html

Old 05-08-2002, 10:21 PM   #174
Midnight Blue
EGIGB

Thanks for the link, ND... it looks like there are a lot of good ideas. I'll have to check it out more thoroughly.

You're under a winter storm advisory? It was snowing here yesterday... a little town not far from here got over a foot of snow and they had to close the school... less than a month before summer break!
Old 05-08-2002, 10:26 PM   #175
Sassy
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eddie Royal

Parts of the state are.  I missed part of the weather so I'm not sure if we're in it or not.

We had over an inch of rain in the last 24 hours, though. Since it's been raining for over a week, I feel like I've moved to Seattle!

That is a neat website....It gave me a lot of ideas for my Toddlers....(although I might need to make some of them a little more developmentally appropriate.   The recipes can be used with your older kids, too, though!)

I printed quite a bit of it and made a binder full of ideas for work...