The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Ring of Fame Threads
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 04-29-2002, 12:06 AM   #126
Sassy
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eddie Royal
Re: The Treehouse.  No Girlz Allow3d!

Wasn't it nice of Rich and his agent to give us this opportunity to torture Raider fans?    

Like we need an excuse!

I don't know...I really did think he'd leave but then on the other hand, after the debacle with Eddie Kennison, it would have made him look like a "traitor" (for lack of a better term) too.
Sassy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2002, 12:29 AM   #127
Midnight Blue
EGIGB

[quote author=NDGal link=board=jibbajabba1;num=1014731150;start=120#12 5 date=04/28/02 at 23:06:51]Wasn't it nice of Rich and his agent to give us this opportunity to torture Raider fans?    

Like we need an excuse!

I don't know...I really did think he'd leave but then on the other hand, after the debacle with Eddie Kennison, it would have made him look like a "traitor" (for lack of a better term) too.
[/quote]

You're right that we don't need an excuse to torment Raider fans, but the possibility that Gannon might not play for them this season (considering who their backups are ) is wonderful ammunition.

If I'm not mistaken, the DPO (Schefter) was the source of the  suggestion that there was any sort of estrangement between Shanahan and Griese... and I'm not sure I'm buying it.
Midnight Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2002, 12:36 AM   #128
Sassy
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eddie Royal

[quote author=Blueflame link=board=jibbajabba1;num=1014731150;start=120#12 6 date=04/28/02 at 23:29:49]

You're right that we don't need an excuse to torment Raider fans, but the possibility that Gannon might not play for them this season (considering who their backups are ) is wonderful ammunition.

If I'm not mistaken, the DPO (Schefter) was the source of the  suggestion that there was any sort of estrangement between Shanahan and Griese... and I'm not sure I'm buying it. [/quote]

Speaking of Schefter, I wrote a nasty email to the DPO saying that I was tired of the food reviews and where was the Bronco news?  I also said I was tired of hearing Erra... I mean, Adam, bashing Griese, especially when that wasn
't  even the topic in his column.

Thanks for the chat this evening, Blue.  I need to get to sleep.  Chat with you later....Have A great week!
Old 04-29-2002, 12:45 AM   #129
Midnight Blue
EGIGB

[quote author=NDGal link=board=jibbajabba1;num=1014731150;start=120#12 7 date=04/28/02 at 23:36:25]

Speaking of Schefter, I wrote a nasty email to the DPO saying that I was tired of the food reviews and where was the Bronco news?  I also said I was tired of hearing Erra... I mean, Adam, bashing Griese, especially when that wasn
't  even the topic in his column.

Thanks for the chat this evening, Blue.  I need to get to sleep.  Chat with you later....Have A great week! [/quote]

Good Work... I suspect he's gotten quite a few less-than-pleasant e-mails because the Mailbag has seemed a bit more circumspect lately... although he's still persisting with the annoying food reviews...

It's been great chatting with you tonight. Catch you later!  
Old 05-03-2002, 06:27 PM   #130
Alkazar
NPN Mascott

Bronco's Thunder

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Steph Alexander

Just poking my head in to see whats been happening. Pretty quiet around here. Oh well, guess I'll check back in tomorrow...
Alkazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2002, 09:12 PM   #131
Sassy
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eddie Royal

__________________________________________________ _

I'm not so sure about that....I think that they just might throw that one..."backup qb situation" right back at us (of course, only if Brian is hurt)....Yes, Gus is gone, but I'll admit he was better than what we've got.  I liked JJ, but he has a ways to go and we know Beurlin isn't healthy...or may not last if he is.  BUT, WE CAN ALWAYS LAUGH WHEN SHARPE BEATS ROMO FOR A COUPLE OF TD'S WHEN WE PLAY THE FADERS! !
Old 05-03-2002, 10:05 PM   #132
Midnight Blue
EGIGB

[quote author=NDGal link=board=jibbajabba1;num=1014731150;start=120#13 0 date=05/03/02 at 20:12:29]You're right that we don't need an excuse to torment Raider fans, but the possibility that Gannon might not play for them this season (considering who their backups are ) is wonderful ammunition.  

__________________________________________________ _

I'm not so sure about that....I think that they just might throw that one..."backup qb situation" right back at us (of course, only if Brian is hurt)....Yes, Gus is gone, but I'll admit he was better than what we've got.  I liked JJ, but he has a ways to go and we know Beurlin isn't healthy...or may not last if he is.  BUT, WE CAN ALWAYS LAUGH WHEN SHARPE BEATS ROMO FOR A COUPLE OF TD'S WHEN WE PLAY THE FADERS! ![/quote]

Yeah, they've already tried to turn it around, implying that Brian is 'fragile'... he missed one game last season due to the concussion (which is an injury that can happen to any QB). Still one mention of Rick Mirer usually renders them 'speechless'...

The RMN has an article that says Beuerlein is ready to compete with JJ in this weekend's minicamp for the backup job... which is good news considering that Gus is gone... I'm not certain that a healthy Beuerlein isn't an upgrade over Gus. I know people say Steve's likely to be rusty, but in actuality, Gus hasn't played that many more games than he has in the last 2 years... and with his past experience in a West coast style of offense, the playbook may be easier for Steve to assimilate...
Old 05-03-2002, 10:27 PM   #133
Sassy
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eddie Royal

[quote author=Blueflame link=board=jibbajabba1;num=1014731150;start=120#13 1 date=05/03/02 at 21:05:05]

Yeah, they've already tried to turn it around, implying that Brian is 'fragile'... he missed one game last season due to the concussion (which is an injury that can happen to any QB). Still one mention of Rick Mirer usually renders them 'speechless'...

The RMN has an article that says Beuerlein is ready to compete with JJ in this weekend's minicamp for the backup job... which is good news considering that Gus is gone... I'm not certain that a healthy Beuerlein isn't an upgrade over Gus. I know people say Steve's likely to be rusty, but in actuality, Gus hasn't played that many more games than he has in the last 2 years... and with his past experience in a West coast style of offense, the playbook may be easier for Steve to assimilate...
[/quote]
Oh well, we have a few Bronco fans that also feel Brian is fragile as well...now, if only everyone would stop comparing him to Elway Brian may never be an "Elway" but he is a "Griese" and I'd take that... My buess is that we will see a completely different Brian this year...and "team" as well!

How old is Gus?  At 37, Steve can't afford another injury or his career is probably over.  And come to think of it, Gus is also coming off of an injury, so why are a lot of fans wanting him to stay in Denver?  

Wouldn't GUS then be MORE FRAGILE than Brian because he was hurt and BRIAN PLAYED ALL BUT ONE GAME! (Just had to reemphasize that! !)
Old 05-03-2002, 10:55 PM   #134
gudgref
Pro Bowler

Hi, ladies!

ND, I expected you to be jumping up and down cheering that Gus is gone.  

It was so nice to hear some real football news about minicamp today, rather than all the fluff the reporters have been feeding  us for the last four months.  Oh, the joys of the offseason.
gudgref is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2002, 11:08 PM   #135
Midnight Blue
EGIGB

[quote author=NDGal link=board=jibbajabba1;num=1014731150;start=120#13 2 date=05/03/02 at 21:27:20]
Oh well, we have a few Bronco fans that also feel Brian is fragile as well...now, if only everyone would stop comparing him to Elway Brian may never be an "Elway" but he is a "Griese" and I'd take that... My buess is that we will see a completely different Brian this year...and "team" as well!

How old is Gus?  At 37, Steve can't afford another injury or his career is probably over.  And come to think of it, Gus is also coming off of an injury, so why are a lot of fans wanting him to stay in Denver?  

Wouldn't GUS then be MORE FRAGILE than Brian because he was hurt and BRIAN PLAYED ALL BUT ONE GAME! (Just had to reemphasize that! !) [/quote]

Unfortunately, there are some on the board who apparently will never accept Brian because he isn't a clone of #7. The comparison is unfair, as each athlete is an individual with his own unique assets and liabilities, but any player taking over the reins from a future HOF'er faces a hard uphill battle with some fans.

I'm not exactly certain how old Gus is, but I think he may be around 34... I read that he had surgery to repair torn cartilage in his shoulder in December and the reports said he was able to throw the ball without pain during his visit with the Bengals, so his health probably isn't an issue.

Yes, I would agree that Brian's 15 games vs. Gus' half-game would make Gus more 'fragile' (or possibly more 'injury-prone' ) than Brian....  
Old 05-03-2002, 11:12 PM   #136
gudgref
Pro Bowler

Good point about Brian playing all but one game, ND.  I think a lot of people have forgotten about that.  If it hadn't been for the concussion, he would have made it through his first complete season.

Something to think about - this will be the first season (since 1999) that Brian will go into a season without having to rehab his shoulder.  Hopefully that will have a good affect on his playing this season.  
Old 05-03-2002, 11:13 PM   #137
Midnight Blue
EGIGB

[quote author=gudgref link=board=jibbajabba1;num=1014731150;start=120#13 3 date=05/03/02 at 21:55:36]Hi, ladies!

ND, I expected you to be jumping up and down cheering that Gus is gone.  

It was so nice to hear some real football news about minicamp today, rather than all the fluff the reporters have been feeding  us for the last four months.  Oh, the joys of the offseason.
[/quote]

Hi, Gudgref! How's life been treating you lately?

I have to admit that Gus is unpredictable... last year, I expected him to sign with the Bengals (or anyone else who was willing to give him a shot at starting) and he stayed in Denver... this year, I really thought he'd stay... and was wrong again!

Old 05-03-2002, 11:21 PM   #138
gudgref
Pro Bowler

Hi, Blue!

Life is treating me very well at the moment.  How are you and your family?

Yeah, I was a little surprised when Gus decided to leave. &nbspidn't they offer him more money last year?   Go figure.
Old 05-03-2002, 11:31 PM   #139
Midnight Blue
EGIGB

All's going well for my family, too. Baby Blue is growing so fast... she's almost 7 months old now and is crawling, sitting up by herself, and trying to talk. Fortunately, she's close enough that I can see her often. :-)

Yeah, I still think Gus made a mistake by waiting until this year to accept the Bengals' offer. Last year's offer was $12 million for 4 years, if I remember correctly... a far cry from the $1.5 million he's getting now...

I'm delighted that Shannon's back in orange and blue... I think he's going to make a big difference both in the locker room and on the field.

What do you think of the plan to switch Mobley and Gold?
Old 05-03-2002, 11:36 PM   #140
gudgref
Pro Bowler

Glad to hear that the baby is growing so fast and is close enough to see often!  My parents have yet to meet their newest grandchild.  

I think the switch with Mobley and Gold sounds like a good one.  From what I've seen, they will be playing more to their physical size and strength.  I just heard this when I got on the board, so I wonder what their response was.

It's good to see Shannon back where he belongs!  They had some shots of him on the news tonight, mouthing off and whipping the team into shape.  Mike Shanahan was standing in the background, laughing.  It's good to see the Broncos smiling about something!

What do you think about McCaffrey's recovery?
Old 05-04-2002, 12:00 AM   #141
Midnight Blue
EGIGB

I'm encouraged by Eddie's recovery from the broken leg. He appears to be making steady progress and may even be ahead of schedule.... but I have to admit to a bit more concern over Rod's stress fracture. Neither he nor Rob Moore is participating in the minicamp. It's not so worrisome with Rob; he's only competing for the #3 spot, but it's gonna really hurt if Rod's not 100% by opening day. I'm anxious to see if Lelie can live up to his hype...

To me, the move with the LB's makes sense, not only in terms of size, but also experience. Mobley's experience makes him the best fit on the strong side... and a bit less pressure is probably good for a young player like Gold.

Taken individually, all of our 'moved' players make sense, and I'm cautiously optimistic about how they'll play, but the sheer number of moves is worrisome. (Trevor to DE, Mike Anderson to FB, Matt Lepsis to LT, Deltha or Willie to safety, and now the LB's.... )
Old 05-04-2002, 09:10 PM   #142
BRONCOS KICK ASSS
Ring of Famer

any cyber root beers around?
BRONCOS KICK ASSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2002, 01:45 AM   #143
Midnight Blue
EGIGB

[quote author=BRONCOS KICK ASSS link=board=jibbajabba1;num=1014731150;start=135#14 1 date=05/04/02 at 20:10:31]any cyber root beers around?[/quote]

Of course! <pours frosty mug of root beer>

It's been quite a while since we've seen you around, BKA... what's new and how's school going?
Old 05-05-2002, 10:04 AM   #144
BRONCOS KICK ASSS
Ring of Famer

well i'm almost out in 17.5 days
not much new though
Old 05-05-2002, 07:14 PM   #145
BRONCOS KICK ASSS
Ring of Famer

Helloooo?
<pulls out a root beer>
Old 05-05-2002, 08:04 PM   #146
Sassy
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eddie Royal

Hi BKA...What's up?  <tosses BKA another rootbeer and grabs a diet coke for herself>. &nbspo you have quite a few finals coming up?
Old 05-05-2002, 09:06 PM   #147
Midnight Blue
EGIGB

Hi, ND and BKA! Ah, it's a good day for a visit to the Treehouse. We're getting wind, rain, and hail today and it's cold and miserable, a fact that especially galls the twins since we just bought them new fishing poles and tackle. :-)

Old 05-05-2002, 09:06 PM   #148
BRONCOS KICK ASSS
Ring of Famer

na.  that dosen't start till next year. how are you doing
Old 05-05-2002, 09:14 PM   #149
watermock
"Hoodie Jr"

"Hug me!"

It was 84 degrees here overnight. The chipmunks running the A/C compressor union are asking for more nuts. Trees are threatening to walk out. It's mayhem. Putting greens are too fast! It's bedlam!
watermock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2002, 09:21 PM   #150
Sassy
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eddie Royal

[quote author=Blueflame link=board=jibbajabba1;num=1014731150;start=135#14 6 date=05/05/02 at 20:06:07]Hi, ND and BKA! Ah, it's a good day for a visit to the Treehouse. We're getting wind, rain, and hail today and it's cold and miserable, a fact that especially galls the twins since we just bought them new fishing poles and tackle. :-)

[/quote]
I can understand the twins being upset!  (I wouldn't mind the fishing part myself!)  It's been very cool and rainy here, too, for the last week or so.  We did have one 75 degree day and then it had to be really windy...oh, the joys of living in ND!

How was your weekend BLue and BKA? Anything fun going on?  Mine was extremely busy and I'm running out of time to get anything else done! It's kind of like the more you get done, the more there is to do