The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Ring of Fame Threads
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 04-18-2002, 07:25 PM   #101
Sassy
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eddie Royal
Re: The Treehouse.  No Girlz Allow3d!

The rain is pouring...(or should I say sleet ), work is ok and I've been shopping ebay for Bronco stuff!  (I never did find a shower curtain that I liked for my bathroom...so hopefully, can have it done for this season.)  I bought a bronco jar, a bronco beach towel and a 8 x 10 pic of the Broncos in Superbowl 32. and I'm bidding on and Eddie Mac bear.
Sassy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2002, 09:00 PM   #102
Midnight Blue
EGIGB

That sounds like some really cool stuff, ND... good luck with winning the bids. :-)

What a huge temperature shift... from "T-shirt" weather back to "coat" weather in such a short time. It has to be tough to adjust to such extremes...

Midnight Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2002, 10:45 AM   #103
Alkazar
NPN Mascott

Bronco's Thunder

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Steph Alexander

Your not the only one experiencing drastic weather changes, ND. Wednesday it was in the 80s, yesterday was in the 70's and for today & tomorrow they're forcasting snow here in the Mile High D. Then by Monday its supposed to be back in the 60's. Oh well, thats "Springtime in the Rockies" for ya!

By the way, good morning!
Alkazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2002, 08:39 PM   #104
Sassy
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eddie Royal

Taco Pizza, a couple of beers and I'm sitting comfy in Garcia's chair in front of the big screen....
Old 04-20-2002, 09:32 PM   #105
Midnight Blue
EGIGB

Sounds great, ND... I'd join you, but the 'mere male' and I are headed out soon to meet friends for dinner... I have time for a beer, though...and it looks like you could use a refill, too...

<pops open beers, fills mugs>
Old 04-22-2002, 03:43 PM   #106
Alkazar
NPN Mascott

Bronco's Thunder

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Steph Alexander

Ahh, all's quiet in the treehouse today. I can crack open a beer and take a snooze while I'm at work. (Hope my boss doesn't catch me.... )
Alkazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2002, 05:57 PM   #107
Sassy
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eddie Royal

Hello Blue,
How are you today?
Old 04-27-2002, 11:43 PM   #108
Midnight Blue
EGIGB

[quote author=NDGal link=board=jibbajabba1;num=1014731150;start=100#10 6 date=04/27/02 at 16:57:40]Hello Blue,
How are you today? [/quote]

Hi, ND! Sorry I missed you earlier...

Today's been great... we visited friends for a while and then have just been kicking back watching some movies and sipping a few beers...

How's your weekend been?  
Old 04-28-2002, 07:34 PM   #109
Sassy
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eddie Royal

[quote author=Blueflame link=board=jibbajabba1;num=1014731150;start=100#10 7 date=04/27/02 at 22:43:07]

Hi, ND! Sorry I missed you earlier...

Today's been great... we visited friends for a while and then have just been kicking back watching some movies and sipping a few beers...

How's your weekend been?  [/quote]

It's been good...other than locking my house keys and the gargage key in the garage! (Good thing, I gave my friend an extra key to my house!) Sounds like a good weekend with friends for you, too.  I also have been gone all day today checking out different ideas for my kitchen and spare room...paint swatches, furniture, etc.  I came up with a few cool ideas....and talked a girlfriend into helping, too! (She just bought a new house and has been busy decorating...she's the one experienced with a paintbrush...I'm not.)

Then, of course, it being Spring...I had to check out the home/garden section at Menards and Home Depot (Unfortunately, it rained all weekend, so messing in the garden, or should I say, cleaning it up, was out of the question...Oh well...)
Old 04-28-2002, 07:51 PM   #110
Midnight Blue
EGIGB

[quote author=NDGal link=board=jibbajabba1;num=1014731150;start=100#10 8 date=04/28/02 at 18:34:18]

It's been good...other than locking my house keys and the gargage key in the garage! (Good thing, I gave my friend an extra key to my house!) Sounds like a good weekend with friends for you, too.  I also have been gone all day today checking out different ideas for my kitchen and spare room...paint swatches, furniture, etc.  I came up with a few cool ideas....and talked a girlfriend into helping, too! (She just bought a new house and has been busy decorating...she's the one experienced with a paintbrush...I'm not.)

Then, of course, it being Spring...I had to check out the home/garden section at Menards and Home Depot
[/quote]

Don't you hate being locked out?! I find that totally maddening... good thing you'd given your friend a set of keys or you'd have been calling the locksmith!

The mere male is watching basketball today... it's kind of rainy, so there's not much he can do in the yard... and the golf course is too crowded to suit him on the weekends. It's amazing how quickly the grass grows after the snow melts... making lawn mowing necessary. :-)

Your home decorating projects sound very interesting.... it's really nice that your friend is doing the same thing and you can share ideas.
Old 04-28-2002, 08:20 PM   #111
Sassy
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eddie Royal

[quote author=Blueflame link=board=jibbajabba1;num=1014731150;start=100#10 9 date=04/28/02 at 18:51:11]

Don't you hate being locked out?! I find that totally maddening... good thing you'd given your friend a set of keys or you'd have been calling the locksmith!

The mere male is watching basketball today... it's kind of rainy, so there's not much he can do in the yard... and the golf course is too crowded to suit him on the weekends. It's amazing how quickly the grass grows after the snow melts... making lawn mowing necessary. :-)

Your home decorating projects sound very interesting.... it's really nice that your friend is doing the same thing and you can share ideas. [/quote]

I wouldn't have been locked out if I only had the one car!  Now, both the garage door openers are in the cars (I usually keep one in the house) and since I had so many keys on a ring, I separated them, leaving the housekey and the garage key on one chain...laying on the seat of the car...and I hit the garage door on the way out, so I had only the car key and no cell phone...Luckily, I have a nice neighbor who let me use her phone....a few townhouses down....and once I got into my house, I had a spare garage key....YUCK!

Old 04-28-2002, 08:27 PM   #112
Sassy
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eddie Royal

The house projects should be interesting....I moved in two years ago and haven't done anything to the walls or anything...I decided to paint my kitchen a rose color (my valance on my window is floral...hunter, burgundy, sage green, rose...with a little blue...)I have a matching border that I haven't put up yet....I'm only going to paint the one wall...it's a cutout wall that over looks my steps so it should be easy to do.

In the spare room, I found a denim color...kind of checked blue couch with cream/blue checked/yellow/floral pillows in a sleeper sofa and a loveseat...I might leave the floral pillows off and do a "lighthouse" room and paint it yellow/dk. yellow with a double roller...there's a lot of fun "texture" stuff you can do. &nbspepends on how ambitious I get!
Old 04-28-2002, 08:50 PM   #113
Midnight Blue
EGIGB

[quote author=NDGal link=board=jibbajabba1;num=1014731150;start=100#11 1 date=04/28/02 at 19:27:48]The house projects should be interesting....I moved in two years ago and haven't done anything to the walls or anything...I decided to paint my kitchen a rose color (my valance on my window is floral...hunter, burgundy, sage green, rose...with a little blue...)I have a matching border that I haven't put up yet....I'm only going to paint the one wall...it's a cutout wall that over looks my steps so it should be easy to do.

In the spare room, I found a denim color...kind of checked blue couch with cream/blue checked/yellow/floral pillows in a sleeper sofa and a loveseat...I might leave the floral pillows off and do a "lighthouse" room and paint it yellow/dk. yellow with a double roller...there's a lot of fun "texture" stuff you can do.  Depends on how ambitious I get! [/quote]

That sounds lovely... the rose color would be pretty with your valance and border. :-)

The new paint rollers and painting techniques do make for a lot of creative possibilities. You don't have to be stuck with 'blah' walls anymore... and the yellow-on-yellow would brighten up the room.

Then, you also have your Bronco-theme bathroom... how is that shaping up?

Old 04-28-2002, 08:57 PM   #114
Sassy
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eddie Royal

As for the Bronco bathroom...I have blue towels, a Bronco candy jar (to put cotton balls in) and a bathroom rug and toilet cover with the Bronco logo...I'm still looking for a shower curtain.  I also have a pic of players on the Superbowl 32 team to hang up and I have a pid of Elway, Aikman, and Young I can hang...sitting with the backs of their jerseys facing outward. It's coming together in time for pre-season, hopefully!

Someone also told me that they have "bronco orange" towels at Wal-mart!
(I might order some Bronco logo towels on ebay, though.)
Old 04-28-2002, 09:11 PM   #115
Midnight Blue
EGIGB

[quote author=NDGal link=board=jibbajabba1;num=1014731150;start=100#11 3 date=04/28/02 at 19:57:31]As for the Bronco bathroom...I have blue towels, a Bronco candy jar (to put cotton balls in) and a bathroom rug and toilet cover with the Bronco logo...I'm still looking for a shower curtain.  I also have a pic of players on the Superbowl 32 team to hang up and I have a pid of Elway, Aikman, and Young I can hang...sitting with the backs of their jerseys facing outward. It's coming together in time for pre-season, hopefully!

Someone also told me that they have "bronco orange" towels at Wal-mart!
(I might order some Bronco logo towels on ebay, though.)[/quote]

I've seen some really nice Bronco logo towels on ebay... they have just about anything a person could possibly want...

A new Sharpe jersey would be nice to have for opening day, too...

What do you think of the 'Gannon soap opera'? Coming in the wake of Gruden's departure, Rich's absence from the voluntary minicamps is inciting a lot of discontent on the fansinblack board...
Old 04-28-2002, 09:36 PM   #116
Sassy
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eddie Royal

[quote author=Blueflame link=board=jibbajabba1;num=1014731150;start=100#11 4 date=04/28/02 at 20:11:13]

I've seen some really nice Bronco logo towels on ebay... they have just about anything a person could possibly want...

A new Sharpe jersey would be nice to have for opening day, too...

What do you think of the 'Gannon soap opera'? Coming in the wake of Gruden's departure, Rich's absence from the voluntary minicamps is inciting a lot of discontent on the fansinblack board...[/quote]

I have become addicted to ebay! !

A Sharpe jersey would be nice....or we could get an I hate Gus jersey with I love Griese on the back, since Errand seems to think that's what we think!

I think Gannon not showing up for camp shows that he doesn't seem to be a team player...of course, then one would have to say that for Tim Brown, too...(but then we all know Timmy is a bronco at heart! )!
Old 04-28-2002, 09:55 PM   #117
Midnight Blue
EGIGB

[quote author=NDGal link=board=jibbajabba1;num=1014731150;start=100#11 5 date=04/28/02 at 20:36:14]

I have become addicted to ebay! !

A Sharpe jersey would be nice....or we could get an I hate Gus jersey with I love Griese on the back, since Errand seems to think that's what we think!

I think Gannon not showing up for camp shows that he doesn't seem to be a team player...of course, then one would have to say that for Tim Brown, too...(but then we all know Timmy is a bronco at heart! )!
[/quote]

Yeah, I know what you mean... I'm addicted to ebay, too. You can find almost anything there and usually at a pretty good price, too. Sometimes my kids will want a toy or something (for Christmas, etc.) that is hard to find and it's a good chance that I can find it on ebay.

I'm actually hoping Gus does sign with the Bengals... it's a good career move for him as it is one of the few places where he can compete for a starting position... and then the whole debate will be moot.

The Gannon controversy is all about money, I think. His contract calls for him to make $2 million this season, but $5 million next year.... however, he's not likely to really see the $5 million because by next year, Tui should be ready to challenge for the starting job, which would make Gannon (and his big cap hit) expendable.

Even if they desperately wanted to renegotiate Gannon's contract, the Raiders would have trouble paying him any more money because they're severely cap-strapped. The last I read, they were less than $500,000 under the cap... and they're projected to be more than $50 million over the cap next year... Gannon's $5 mil would make a pretty good dent in that deficit...

Old 04-28-2002, 10:06 PM   #118
Sassy
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eddie Royal

Even if they desperately wanted to renegotiate Gannon's contract, the Raiders would have trouble paying him any more money because they're severely cap-strapped. The last I read, they were less than $500,000 under the cap... and they're projected to be more than $50 million over the cap next year... Gannon's $5 mil would make a pretty good dent in that deficit...
__________________________________________________ __Yeah, it's usually about money. Maybe we should trade Gus to the Raiders' for Gannon! Now, that would bring up an interesting debate!
Old 04-28-2002, 10:31 PM   #119
Midnight Blue
EGIGB

[quote author=NDGal link=board=jibbajabba1;num=1014731150;start=100#11 7 date=04/28/02 at 21:06:13]Even if they desperately wanted to renegotiate Gannon's contract, the Raiders would have trouble paying him any more money because they're severely cap-strapped. The last I read, they were less than $500,000 under the cap... and they're projected to be more than $50 million over the cap next year... Gannon's $5 mil would make a pretty good dent in that deficit...
__________________________________________________ __Yeah, it's usually about money. Maybe we should trade Gus to the Raiders' for Gannon! Now, that would bring up an interesting debate! [/quote]

Funny you should mention that... the criticism of Gannon on the Raider boards might sound a bit familiar... "can't throw the ball down field" "weak arm", "bad attitude", "blamed teammates for lost games"... almost exactly the same things we read about Brian every day on this board...  they even have a nickname for Gannon... "noodle arm"...

There would be those who would criticize such a trade, though... who would say that since we already have a 'weak-armed QB', why would we need another one?

Not to mention that he'd probably want more money than we could justify paying for a backup...
Old 04-28-2002, 10:38 PM   #120
Sassy
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eddie Royal

So did the criticism of Gannon start on the Raider boards when he didn't show up for camp? Or was it before that?
Old 04-28-2002, 11:24 PM   #121
Midnight Blue
EGIGB

There was some criticism as early as last December.... predictably enough, right around the time that the annual fade began.

It has really intensified recently, as the second voluntary minicamp started on Friday. He was hardly the only no-show, however. Tim Brown and Eric Allen also were absent. It's notable that Brown publicly criticized Gannon for missing the earlier training session.

Anyway, there are probably six or seven threads devoted to Gannon... some posters are defending him while others are pretty brutal in the attacks.
Old 04-28-2002, 11:28 PM   #122
Sassy
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eddie Royal

We also heard the negative comments come out when Gruden left for Tampa Bay Fairweather fans, those Faders!
Old 04-28-2002, 11:39 PM   #123
Midnight Blue
EGIGB

Hehehe... yeah, you're right that the Gruden experience has left some Raider fans embittered and quicker to turn on Gannon.

It's probably safe to assume that Gannon will show up for the mandatory camps and honor his contract... but the Raiders are definitely in deep trouble if he doesn't... Tui isn't really ready to take over the starting job yet and the other backups are Hoying (who isn't 100% healed from an injury he suffered last season) and Rick Mirer... YIKES!!!
Old 04-28-2002, 11:48 PM   #124
Sassy
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eddie Royal

[quote author=Blueflame link=board=jibbajabba1;num=1014731150;start=120#12 2 date=04/28/02 at 22:39:16]Hehehe... yeah, you're right that the Gruden experience has left some Raider fans embittered and quicker to turn on Gannon.

It's probably safe to assume that Gannon will show up for the mandatory camps and honor his contract... but the Raiders are definitely in deep trouble if he doesn't... Tui isn't really ready to take over the starting job yet and the other backups are Hoying (who isn't 100% healed from an injury he suffered last season) and Rick Mirer... YIKES!!! [/quote]

Of course, we also had a few fans that were criticizing Mike when the Florida job rolled around. saying that he was leaving because of Griese and the 8-8 record.  Saying that he would have "deserted" the team.

RICK MIRER! !
Old 04-28-2002, 11:55 PM   #125
Midnight Blue
EGIGB

[quote author=NDGal link=board=jibbajabba1;num=1014731150;start=120#12 3 date=04/28/02 at 22:48:49]

Of course, we also had a few fans that were criticizing Mike when the Florida job rolled around. saying that he was leaving because of Griese and the 8-8 record.  Saying that he would have "deserted" the team.

RICK MIRER! ![/quote]

Exactly!!!

Wasn't it nice of Rich and his agent to give us this opportunity to torture Raider fans?

Looking back on the whole "Shanahan to Florida" media circus, I'm not convinced that he genuinely thought of leaving Denver. The "Bledsoe" incident has illustrated how much journalistic license some sportswriters take and while a bit of healthy skepticism is part of my nature, I now take everything Schefter says with the proverbial grain of salt.