The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Ring of Fame Threads
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 07-23-2002, 11:22 PM   #251
gudgref
Pro Bowler

Re: The Treehouse.  No Girlz Allow3d!

Well, my summer is pretty much over.  I go back to work next week.  

I've had company for almost all of the last month, so my computer hasn't been getting a whole lot of attention lately!

'Night, ND.  Have a great Wednesday!
gudgref is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2002, 11:34 PM   #252
Midnight Blue
EGIGB

'Night, ND... have a great day tomorrow!

Hi, Gudgref! It's good to see you back on the board. How are your little nephews doing?

Midnight Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2002, 11:38 PM   #253
gudgref
Pro Bowler

Thanks for asking, Blue!
I did get to see my nephews at the beginning of July.  The older one is 19 months, and he is in to absolutely everything.  My house isn't exactly babyproof, so the one day they were at my house, someone had to walk behind him and do mop-up duty.  He's a cutie, but he's exhausting!
The younger one is 3 1/2 months.  He's the one who looks like me.  He has huge blue eyes, and is happy just to lie on the floor and watch people.

How is Baby Blue?
Old 07-23-2002, 11:55 PM   #254
Midnight Blue
EGIGB

[quote author=gudgref link=board=ROF;num=1027026680;start=240#252 date=07/23/02 at 23:38:54]Thanks for asking, Blue!
I did get to see my nephews at the beginning of July.  The older one is 19 months, and he is in to absolutely everything.  My house isn't exactly babyproof, so the one day they were at my house, someone had to walk behind him and do mop-up duty.  He's a cutie, but he's exhausting!
The younger one is 3 1/2 months.  He's the one who looks like me.  He has huge blue eyes, and is happy just to lie on the floor and watch people.

How is Baby Blue?
[/quote]

They sound really darling. 19 months is such a fun age, but you're right, they do get into everything and need pretty much constant supervision. It's good that you got to see them because they change so very quickly in the first couple of years.

Baby Blue is 9 months old now... and has already started walking alone. It seems very early for that stage to me, as I think most of my kids were about 10-12 months old before they took off on their own....

She's got pale blonde curls, big blue eyes, and two tiny teeth that sparkle when she smiles. And yes, she's got all of us wrapped right around her little finger.
Old 07-24-2002, 12:01 AM   #255
gudgref
Pro Bowler

She sounds like a cutie, Blue.

I will tell you, after being around little ones for that week, I'm glad I don't teach pre-school like ND.  I like the fact that my kids can go to the bathroom on their own and sit still for a few minutes at a time!

You are so right about them changing so quickly!  I looked back at my pictures of my younger nephew from the week after he was born, when I first saw him, and he has changed so much in that short period of time!

How has your summer been?
Old 07-24-2002, 12:14 AM   #256
Midnight Blue
EGIGB

[quote author=gudgref link=board=ROF;num=1027026680;start=240#254 date=07/24/02 at 00:01:23]She sounds like a cutie, Blue.

I will tell you, after being around little ones for that week, I'm glad I don't teach pre-school like ND.  I like the fact that my kids can go to the bathroom on their own and sit still for a few minutes at a time!

You are so right about them changing so quickly!  I looked back at my pictures of my younger nephew from the week after he was born, when I first saw him, and he has changed so much in that short period of time!

How has your summer been?
[/quote]

She is a darling... and very opinionated, too... wonder where she might have gotten that trait?

One the one hand, this offseason has seemed interminable.... yet on the other hand, it doesn't seem possible that July's nearly over already. Isn't that a strange phenomenon?

We took the kids on a weeklong vacation in Oregon in July... and had so much fun we're thinking of doing it again next year... possibly for two weeks. We're looking for neat places to visit. :-)

I can totally relate to your relief at having 'your' kids potty-trained. While I haven't had to deal with as many diapers as ND has, it isn't exactly the highlight of the day...
Old 07-24-2002, 01:24 AM   #257
gudgref
Pro Bowler

Opinionated?  No, never.  

You're right, this has been a long offseason.  And it seems like there has been less Bronco news this offseason then in the last few years.  The only things they've been reporting here are Brian Griese's mishaps.  You almost have to feel sorry for the guy occasionally. (Don't let Errand hear me say that!)

I can't believe it's the end of July, either.  I'm not quite ready to go back to work.

Oh, well.  I really shouldn't complain.

Three days 'til training camp!

Have a great day tomorrow!  Good night.

Oh, and I'd love to hear about your Oregon trip.  It's so pretty there!
Old 07-24-2002, 02:03 AM   #258
Midnight Blue
EGIGB

[quote author=gudgref link=board=ROF;num=1027026680;start=255#256 date=07/24/02 at 01:24:06]Opinionated?  No, never.  

You're right, this has been a long offseason.  And it seems like there has been less Bronco news this offseason then in the last few years.  The only things they've been reporting here are Brian Griese's mishaps.  You almost have to feel sorry for the guy occasionally. (Don't let Errand hear me say that!)

I can't believe it's the end of July, either.  I'm not quite ready to go back to work.

Oh, well.  I really shouldn't complain.

Three days 'til training camp!

Have a great day tomorrow!  Good night.

Oh, and I'd love to hear about your Oregon trip.  It's so pretty there![/quote]

Yeah, it seemed like the furor over Brian's fall had just died down (and the resulting hundred or so threads blasting him for it slid off the main board) and the fender-bender resurrected the very same criticisms to be posted again and again 'ad infinitum'... it will be a very welcome relief when training camp brings some news of other Broncos....

Oregon is beautiful... but a week just wasnt enough time to visit all the interesting places we wanted to go.

Hope to see you around the board again soon! 'Night!
Old 07-24-2002, 12:55 PM   #259
Alkazar
NPN Mascott

Bronco's Thunder

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Steph Alexander

[quote author=NDGal link=board=ROF;num=1027026680;start=225#238 date=07/23/02 at 19:20:03]
Hi Alkazar!  I think that can be arranged! Here ya go

What's been happening in your world lately?[/quote]

Thanks ND! I had to drink it this morning (hic), cause I had to head out before you guys get here last night. Now I'm having a brandy (hic), I mean dandy of a day!!
Alkazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2002, 12:00 AM   #260
Midnight Blue
EGIGB

Hey, is anyone else having trouble posting on the "Girl Talk" thread? I can't post on it tonight... I tried twice... and it took forever to load the reply page... and then wouldn't post when I'd typed my post...

Anyway, to answer Gudgref's last post, I've also noticed that the camp news in the Post and RMN prominently features Beuerlein more than any other QB... perhaps that's because he had an injury 'question mark' and they want to reassure us that letting Gus go wasn't a mistake... or perhaps Shanahan told the press to lay off Brian at least until the season starts.

From all I've read, it isn't likely that an actual QB controversy exists, but the glowing reports of Steve's progress may cause some posters here to commence with carping that there should be one... still, it's good to have a few other subjects to discuss than #14....

Old 07-31-2002, 12:29 PM   #261
Sassy
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eddie Royal

It wasn't loading very quickly for me last night either...but then again, msn kept kicking me off last night, too > I know Mike _ karm was having a tough time getting it to work the other night, too
Sassy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2002, 10:34 PM   #262
gudgref
Pro Bowler

ND,

I'm not having a problem loading Girl Talk, but it is taking forever for the reply page to load on that thread.

Strange!

How are you tonight?
Old 07-31-2002, 10:43 PM   #263
Sassy
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eddie Royal

Hi Gudgref...

Not to bad....Tired though.  It was a pretty long day....I worked a normal day and then we had a 2 hour meeting for the staff in my room...(Our program is trying to get accredited and we have a ton of paperwork to do.) Of course, it turned into 3 hours, because we chose to do our meeting at Bennigans....we needed to eat! !

How has your day been?
Old 07-31-2002, 10:56 PM   #264
gudgref
Pro Bowler

My day was fine, even if I did have to go back to work.  

I understand the meeting thing.  I sat in a writing training session all day.  Not my idea of exciting.  But they did feed us.

Please tell me that you're sending some cooler air our way!  We set record highs today, and it's still miserable!
Old 07-31-2002, 11:33 PM   #265
Sassy
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eddie Royal

[quote author=gudgref link=board=ROF;num=1027026680;start=255#263 date=07/31/02 at 22:56:15]My day was fine, even if I did have to go back to work.  

I understand the meeting thing.  I sat in a writing training session all day.  Not my idea of exciting.  But they did feed us.

Please tell me that you're sending some cooler air our way!  We set record highs today, and it's still miserable![/quote]
I'm not so sure about that...we had high 80's today...but now we're in a severe thunderstorm watch...I think it is supposed to be a little cooler tomorrow...Usually we get what you guys get....or similiar.

A writing training?
Old 08-05-2002, 05:44 PM   #266
Alkazar
NPN Mascott

Bronco's Thunder

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Steph Alexander

Hmm, seems like us guys need to spend more time in the treehouse. I'm seeing frilly curtains and pillows around here again. At least the fridge is stocked nicely :cheers:
Old 08-06-2002, 10:00 PM   #267
gudgref
Pro Bowler

Frilly curtains, Alkazar?  Remember, these are Bronco women you're talking about.  Nothing to foo-fooey - only blue and orange frills for us!
Old 08-08-2002, 01:38 PM   #268
Alkazar
NPN Mascott

Bronco's Thunder

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Steph Alexander

Of course the main theme here is "Predominately Orange", but a frill is a frill, and don't really belong in the guy's treehouse. heh heh.....want a brew? <passes over a cold beer>
Old 08-08-2002, 01:51 PM   #269
Midnight Blue
EGIGB

Sounds great, Alkazar... thanks! :cheers:

Now, please move your feet off the hand-crocheted blue doily on the coffee table!
Old 08-09-2002, 10:32 AM   #270
Alkazar
NPN Mascott

Bronco's Thunder

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Steph Alexander

Women...Sheesh
Old 08-09-2002, 09:20 PM   #271
Alkazar
NPN Mascott

Bronco's Thunder

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Steph Alexander

Hey Blue, you gonna stop into the Treehouse while watching the Faid get beat up by the Cowgirls? I've got a cold brew for you and anyone else who decides to stop by...... :cheers:
Old 08-09-2002, 09:32 PM   #272
Midnight Blue
EGIGB

Thanks, Alkazar... sounds great! :cheers:

<plops into an easy chair>

Faiders kick another FG... Cowgirls get the ball at the 40... looks like a lot of yellow hankies flying tonight...
Old 08-10-2002, 01:15 AM   #273
Alkazar
NPN Mascott

Bronco's Thunder

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Steph Alexander

Isn't just about any Faider game a heavy rain of yellow flags?? Oh well, Gotta go. Its getting late here and I still gotta get up early in the AM. See you tomorrow.
Old 08-10-2002, 01:34 AM   #274
Midnight Blue
EGIGB

I think the announcers said the Raiders drew 17 penalties tonight... 12 of those in the first half... it was a very sloppy game. There is much consternation in Raider nation tonight...

Talk to you tomorrow, Alkazar! I'll turn out the lights when I leave...
Old 08-16-2002, 11:47 PM   #275
Alkazar
NPN Mascott

Bronco's Thunder

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Steph Alexander

Think I'll start getting the Treehouse ready for some MNF! Guess I'd better go make sure the fridge is fully stocked. Apart from the frilly pillows, doilies, and curtains, the place looks ready for another celebration after we beat the Whiners....