The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Announcements, Features and Feedback
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 07-17-2004, 10:41 PM   #1
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning
Default Ignore Feature Updated...

I just wanted to let everybody know that the ignore feature has been updated. Once someone goes on ignore, the only way you'll be able to read them is if someone else quotes them.

You'll no longer be able to see threads that they start... You'll no longer see a prompt to read their posts. They'll simply disappear.

For a forum like this, the more control I give you to sculpt your board experience, the better, IMO.

Have at it.
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-18-2004, 01:51 AM   #2
TexanBob
Don't Argue With Me

You Know I'm Right

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Darris Nash

Thanks. Smells better in here already.
TexanBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2004, 05:32 PM   #3
BlueDamsel

I win! :P

...Now if we could only set it so that people are ignored only when they're posting about certain topics, or within certain areas of the board...

For example, I could care less about the political banter on the board - if I wanted to see stuff about the election or about the war, etc, I would find a bulletin board specifically for such things - I usually will click the "new posts" button upon opening the site & scroll through, see if there is anything of interest, respond/read as necessary & then close down...So not having to see LABF's latest anti-bush ramblings intermixed with football/random threads would be a plus. Obviously LABF is already on my ignore, so all the threads started by him will not show up - but all the threads started by people I don't want on my ignore still show up...

I know it's just a small thing to skip over it, but it's just a small annoyance too...Just wondering if it would be possible to do?
BlueDamsel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2004, 10:34 PM   #4
RunByDesign
Stand for the truth...

..you stand alone.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Sammy Winder

It's not just LABF, it's the Bush supporters, too.
RunByDesign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2004, 08:34 AM   #5
Rascal
RIP

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Turf

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunByDesign
It's not just LABF, it's the Bush supporters, too.
No its the Kerry supporters.
Rascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2004, 04:47 PM   #6
RunByDesign
Stand for the truth...

..you stand alone.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Sammy Winder

Quote:
Originally Posted by rascal
No its the Kerry supporters.
It's the Bush supporters.

Old 07-21-2004, 05:30 PM   #7
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality

Welcome to Peyton's Place

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

Everybody knows it's all Brian Griese's fault....
Blueflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2004, 06:24 PM   #8
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Just an update: The ignore function isn't broken.

Please don't complain to me that someone is posting disagreeable stuff to your political bent without first putting that poster on ignore who is bothering you. If you're not going to bother regulating for yourself, why complain to me to do it for you?
Old 07-22-2004, 10:49 PM   #9
R.Jizzle
Just Drafted

Prison Planet - 9/11 Prior Knowledge Archive <<<<< Click Here...Seriously!!

This is what wont be in the commissions report. Global Elitests wanted this attack to happen.. the paper trail is there.. Bush made it happen (or atleast his "controlers") so he could scare Americans to give up there personal freedoms for protection, and so far it as worked. We are one Elite sponsored terror attack away from a prison planet where we have no rights. John Kerry is not the answer (in fact he most likely takes orders from the same thugs Bush does), but a shake up in leadership is needed.(In fact I propose an ammendment where a President only is allowed ONE TERM, i doubt these power crazy freaks would ever consider that) You may not believe that this could happen.. (although it has happened time and time again through out history ...ie when Rome blamed crime on early Christians and turned the population against them, when Hitler burned the Riechtag and blamed it on his political enimies and in turn scared Germans into installing him as Furor, or when Clinton and Reno blew up the OK Federal Building to further there Gun Control Agenda), Why would your own government kill civilians? The answer is easy, to further there goal of a Global, Elite run gov't were the Rich and Powerful have complete control over resources, money, and our lives. They honetly feel they are justified in doing this. This power hunger meglomaniacs are members of secret socities and semi satanic clubs and think it is there duty to run the world and turn commoners (like me and everyone else i know) into their slave. Sounds far fetched.. but Read this, make your own conclusions.
I know of atleast one person i will send this to who will email me back and make sarcastic remarks and right all the evidence off as coincedence or even fabrications, and blame it on an extremist religious fanatics. To this person and others out there who think like him, i say, ok, thats is fine. im not going to waste my time from this point forward trying to get the word out and educate those kind of people. But to those who have an OPEN mind, I say read this. Make your own conclusions. I did and they are hard for someone who believes in freedom, and the American dream.
Again,there are too many links just to be a coincedence. This is not some Micheal Moore capatialist bull**** where the the reporter is out to make money. This information has been compiled and reported on for free, so that concerned Americans are prepared to stand up for the Bill of Rights when the New World Order starts cracking skulls.

-For more information on the Elite satanic cults and secret club ie. Bohemian Grove, Skull and Bones.. visit.. www.infowars.com <<<
R.Jizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2004, 10:51 PM   #10
R.Jizzle
Just Drafted

i like taco John.. he sounds like my kind of thinker.... btw.. go 49ers... (hey we may suck now, but we will always have SuperBowl XXIV
Old 07-22-2004, 10:54 PM   #11
R.Jizzle
Just Drafted

Default Actually

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunByDesign
It's the Bush supporters.

everything should just be blamed on me!!
Old 07-22-2004, 11:08 PM   #12
L.A. BRONCOS FAN
Mo' holla fo' yo' dolla!

Please don't complain to me that someone is posting disagreeable stuff to your political bent without first putting that poster on ignore who is bothering you. If you're not going to bother regulating for yourself, why complain to me to do it for you?

Bingo.

There's nothing more annoying that hearing the bush/gop people whine about political posts they don't want to see/read when all they have to do is reach for the "ignore" button.
L.A. BRONCOS FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2004, 12:39 AM   #13
watermock
"Hoodie Jr"

"Hug me!"

Don't take the candy away!

I enjoy beating this idiot down.
watermock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2004, 12:41 AM   #14
watermock
"Hoodie Jr"

"Hug me!"

Quote:
when Clinton and Reno blew up the OK Federal Building to further there Gun Control Agenda)
This gives you a pretty good idea.
Old 07-23-2004, 12:43 AM   #15
watermock
"Hoodie Jr"

"Hug me!"

blew up the OK Federal Building to further there Gun Control Agenda)

This is so amusing.

Now we have three idiots. This is great!
Old 07-23-2004, 01:41 AM   #16
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.Jizzle
i like taco John.. he sounds like my kind of thinker.... btw.. go 49ers... (hey we may suck now, but we will always have SuperBowl XXIV

Good. Then you'll understand why I just disabled your account.

Don't spam my administrative threads with your infowars crap.
Old 07-24-2004, 08:14 AM   #17
Rock Chalk
Cheeky Bastards

Laus Deo

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

**** the 49ers. Get lost loser. Kerry supporter AND a whiner fan, what on God's ****ing earth could be worse?

Smart move TJ.
Rock Chalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2004, 01:31 PM   #18
BlueDamsel

I win! :P

Hey TJ one more thing on that ignore feature update - can we have a "quick ignore" button? In the drop down menu on usernames you have the options to search for more posts, buddy up with them, pm them, or view their profile...but nothing to ignore them, without having to work for it.... Just wonderin' thanks
BlueDamsel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2004, 06:01 PM   #19
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

That's not a bad idea, Beergir- er, Porti-, er Melissa.

I'll see if my support community can help me out with something like that.
Old 07-24-2004, 06:41 PM   #20
Bronco Yoda

Default ignore count

Well, if we're going to have this rep meter.... might as well have an ignore meter then eh?

How about putting an ignore 'count' &/or bar graph along side everyone's individual rep meter. It would be interesting if not humorous to see who's on each others ignore list. click on the number and see who exactly is ignoring each other. No more questioning why someone isn't responding back. Get enough ignore counts (ridiculous amounts obviously for trolls testing the limits) and your posts text become greyed and avatars restricted or funny one assigned to you etc.... globally.

It would be used more for entertainment than administrative as it wouldn't ban anyone or completely automatically block out posts. Just for fun really.

I've never felt the need to put anyone on ignore.... It's just as easy to glaze right over those who you disagree with. However, I doubt those who are placed on ignore by many even know it or even care the way it is now. If anything it would be an entertaining if not funny addition for kicks.

...just a wacky suggestion I though I'd throw into the pot.
Bronco Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2004, 07:12 PM   #21
RunByDesign
Stand for the truth...

..you stand alone.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Sammy Winder

I find it far more stimulating to just deal with the person whom you wish to ignore.

Sharpen your skill of communicative dialogue.

Makes life interesting...seriously.
Old 07-24-2004, 07:43 PM   #22
Bronco Yoda

No offense RBD but think for a moment what you just wrote.... communicate & deal with those who you wish to IGNORE!

I think that would be considered an OXYMORON by most. Ok maybe an INTERESTING oxymoron.... but an oxymoron nevertheless in this life.... NO?

sorry, just struck me as a funny..... my bad.
Bronco Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2004, 07:45 PM   #23
RunByDesign
Stand for the truth...

..you stand alone.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Sammy Winder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco Yoda
No offense RBD but think for a moment what you just wrote.... communicate & deal with those who you wish to IGNORE!

I think that would be considered an OXYMORON by most. Ok maybe an INTERESTING oxymoron.... but an oxymoron nevertheless in this life.... NO?

sorry, just struck me as a funny..... my bad.
I should have said: "deal with those I am considering ignoring.."

Old 07-25-2004, 10:59 AM   #24
watermock
"Hoodie Jr"

"Hug me!"

You should of just sat down in the dunce corner.
Old 07-25-2004, 03:31 PM   #25
RunByDesign
Stand for the truth...

..you stand alone.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Sammy Winder

Quote:
Originally Posted by watermock
You should of just sat down in the dunce corner.
Weak...like most of your smack. ^