The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Announcements, Features and Feedback
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-08-2004, 02:14 AM   #1
Taco John
24/7 Broncos
 
Taco John's Avatar
 
All Hail King Midas

Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 50,581

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning
Default Site Feedback: What would you like to see more (and less) of?

Hey all...

In preparing the site for the upcoming season, I'd like to get some feedback from you. What do you guys like to see here? What would you like to see more of? What would you like to see less of. What do you wish that a site like this would do to keep you entertained during the offseason? What do you like about this site? What don't you like about this site? What do you think could be done to improve the site? What would you do if you were Taco John for a month? Or a year? And, no, The Seniorita is off limits.

Any feedback is appreciated. Whatever it's about... These questions, or ones that you would like to address yourself.

"We got a season coming up!"
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-08-2004, 02:28 AM   #2
Pezman
Livin the dream
 
Pezman's Avatar
 
Andy did you hear about this one?

Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Smoggy SoCal
Posts: 9,624

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DJ Williams
Default

Less drive-by-trolling would be a godsend but after surviving a year here and learning to tolerate Chef fan somewhat, I guess I'm more mellow towards the idiot post-and-run trollers... its the repeat offenders that bring nothing to the discussion that need a timeout box for a few days. Maybe a mini-ban of a week or two for the worst offenders?

How about a direct link from the General Discussion to the off-topics (Underground) area. Its like they say, out of sight, out of mind... and unfortuately, even though the off-topic area can be found from the main forum panel, its just death to post there because no one checks it. The Underground will have to be more visible come football time just so we can keep the inane posts off the main board when it gets football busy.

Other than that, the forum rocks... Is it football time yet?
__________________
Sitting on a beach, earning 20%
Pezman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2004, 03:57 AM   #3
tk13
Comfortable and furious
 
tk13's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 356
Default

I'd like to see less of all the Bronco fans. Who do these people think they are posting all over the board like this? I'm here to talk about Smarty Jones and his orange mane, I don't get all the football. The horse racing season doesn't end at the Belmont, folks.
tk13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2004, 07:06 AM   #4
Hogan11
Rock-N-Roll Historian
 
Hogan11's Avatar
 
Let's take these SOB's out!!!!!!

Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: W.NY.B.C.
Posts: 20,988

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Floyd Little
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pezman
How about a direct link from the General Discussion to the off-topics (Underground) area. Its like they say, out of sight, out of mind... and unfortuately, even though the off-topic area can be found from the main forum panel, its just death to post there because no one checks it. The Underground will have to be more visible come football time just so we can keep the inane posts off the main board when it gets football busy.
I'll second this...the "Jibba Jabba" area deserves the direct link.

The only other thing I could suggest is my usual whine of bringing back the avatar sigs....I really miss those.
Hogan11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2004, 08:36 AM   #5
Rock Chalk
Cheeky Bastards
 
Rock Chalk's Avatar
 
Laus Deo

Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: The Backside of the Internet
Posts: 29,721

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris
Default

I'll third that Hogan. Get things back to the way they were before the season ended.
Rock Chalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2004, 08:49 AM   #6
TheNextStep
The Enemy Within
 
TheNextStep's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 2,809
Default

Well, there's too much ****ing orange around here, for starters...
TheNextStep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2004, 08:50 AM   #7
Rock Chalk
Cheeky Bastards
 
Rock Chalk's Avatar
 
Laus Deo

Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: The Backside of the Internet
Posts: 29,721

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris
Default

Bugger off you degenerate!
Rock Chalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2004, 09:50 AM   #8
watermock
"Hoodie Jr"
 
watermock's Avatar
 
"Hug me!"

Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Hot Springs, Ouachitah
Posts: 76,807
Default

I want LABF hung by his thumbs so we don't have to talk politics in the main forum. Crucifiction would be a second, more humane choice.

I also want my Diplomatic Immunity back.
watermock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2004, 09:54 AM   #9
TheNextStep
The Enemy Within
 
TheNextStep's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 2,809
Default

Yeah... when did mock's diplomatic immunity get revoked... and why did you give to LABF of all people?
TheNextStep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2004, 09:54 AM   #10
RhymesayersDU
Go Broncos, Nuggets, Rox
 
RhymesayersDU's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Back In The 303!
Posts: 14,992

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ty Lawson
Default

1) A section for porn, seriously.

2) Swifter bannings on trollers. Like last week when all the Chefs people came over. Now if a Chief fan comes over and says "I'm a chiefs fan, but I want to talk football with you guys" that is fine by me. Different perspectives and takes are awesome. But last week there were bullshiit topics like "Should Elway's face be carved into mt. rushmore" from Chiefs fans trying to be funny and those are annoying.
RhymesayersDU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2004, 09:57 AM   #11
broncoholic
Solid Starter
 
broncoholic's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 196
Default

I'm pretty much just a lurker. I read the Mane everyday at "work." But, in a cube environment it would be nice if I could resize my window so I can just see the text of the posts. When I make my ie window smaller and scroll to the right to hide the avatars (they are a dead giveaway that I'm not working) I get half a screen of orange (also a dead giveway)....just a thought.
broncoholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2004, 10:00 AM   #12
watermock
"Hoodie Jr"
 
watermock's Avatar
 
"Hug me!"

Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Hot Springs, Ouachitah
Posts: 76,807
Default

In all honesty, it's probably time to crank down the off topics, but I can't really tell you if anything is wrong.

My only thought might be that you further seperate the politics room and create an off topics room. I guess that's the underground.

I don't see any reason to split the board up any more.

One thing however, it seems hard to find the last post. When you click on last post, it brings you to the last post.

Read first unread you have to know what page your supposed to be on.

What am I doing wrong? Do I just go to page one and click first unread?
watermock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2004, 10:04 AM   #13
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality
 
Blueflame's Avatar
 
Welcome to Peyton's Place

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in my cups... lol
Posts: 33,852

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncoholic
I'm pretty much just a lurker. I read the Mane everyday at "work." But, in a cube environment it would be nice if I could resize my window so I can just see the text of the posts. When I make my ie window smaller and scroll to the right to hide the avatars (they are a dead giveaway that I'm not working) I get half a screen of orange (also a dead giveway)....just a thought.
In the User CP, there are boxes you can check to "turn off" avatars, attachments, and sigs, broncoholic.

On the subject of direct links to the subforums, there is a drop menu box at the bottom of every page that will take one to those boards.
Blueflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2004, 10:07 AM   #14
fontaine
Ring of Famer
 
fontaine's Avatar
 
Go John Manning!

Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 13,152
Default

This is a great site and really, very little is wrong with it.

Some of the obvious ones have been covered already.

I would say since we have a lot of people here that miss watching some games it would be great if we could get people who know what they're talking about to give in depth (per quarter, possibly per drive) analysis of O-Line, D-Line play, how our secondary is doing, who stood out etc. You know, exact info on how certain players are doing. This doesn't have to be live obviously but during the week threads/reviews would be great just to get a more intimate feel for how the team is doing.
fontaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2004, 10:09 AM   #15
broncoholic
Solid Starter
 
broncoholic's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 196
Default

That works...Thanks Blue!
broncoholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2004, 10:10 AM   #16
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality
 
Blueflame's Avatar
 
Welcome to Peyton's Place

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in my cups... lol
Posts: 33,852

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncoholic
That works...Thanks Blue!
Glad to help! :rainbow:
Blueflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2004, 11:48 AM   #17
Rock Chalk
Cheeky Bastards
 
Rock Chalk's Avatar
 
Laus Deo

Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: The Backside of the Internet
Posts: 29,721

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fontaine
This is a great site and really, very little is wrong with it.

Some of the obvious ones have been covered already.

I would say since we have a lot of people here that miss watching some games it would be great if we could get people who know what they're talking about to give in depth (per quarter, possibly per drive) analysis of O-Line, D-Line play, how our secondary is doing, who stood out etc. You know, exact info on how certain players are doing. This doesn't have to be live obviously but during the week threads/reviews would be great just to get a more intimate feel for how the team is doing.
I gave a play by play in teh chatroom during games last year.

I cant do it this year though.

The Titty bar report will be making its return.
Rock Chalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2004, 12:00 PM   #18
Moon§hiner
Skipper of the Minnow
 
Moon§hiner's Avatar
 
Lightning in a Bottle

Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 4,800
Default

I too give play by plays when I can...either in the chat room or on the game thread...just tune in on game day....hell, I hope one doesn't think that I got all these posts by saying something intelligent!...

Last edited by Moon§hiner; 06-08-2004 at 12:03 PM..
Moon§hiner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2004, 12:09 PM   #19
Tredici
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 9,948
Default

Moonshiner, don't give anyone the idea that posts need to say something intelligent. We'd all be banned.

Are you still planning on more photoshop fun TJ? I always enjoy those.
Tredici is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2004, 12:23 PM   #20
MrBlond
Just Drafted
 

Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 6
Default

How about a single forum open to any discussion? Politics, religion, sports, etc. No topic is off limits and none are relegated to the "back room". The members will be held accountable for spam and moderaters will enforce the established policies without bowing to the pressure of a few vocal BB terrorists.

And a beer tap.
MrBlond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2004, 12:24 PM   #21
BroncoMatt
The Blizzard Man
 
BroncoMatt's Avatar
 
Check My Style Out

Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: California
Posts: 1,502
Default

More naked bronco cheerleaders, for real.

Definately more photoshop, those are what got me hooked on the site.
BroncoMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2004, 12:26 PM   #22
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality
 
Blueflame's Avatar
 
Welcome to Peyton's Place

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in my cups... lol
Posts: 33,852

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBlond
How about a single forum open to any discussion? Politics, religion, sports, etc. No topic is off limits and none are relegated to the "back room". The members will be held accountable for spam and moderaters will enforce the established policies without bowing to the pressure of a few vocal BB terrorists.

And a beer tap.
We already have an "anything goes" forum, MrBlond... the Horse's Butt.
Blueflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2004, 12:30 PM   #23
MrBlond
Just Drafted
 

Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 6
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueflame
We already have an "anything goes" forum, MrBlond... the Horse's Butt.
How about the beer tap?
MrBlond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2004, 12:34 PM   #24
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality
 
Blueflame's Avatar
 
Welcome to Peyton's Place

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in my cups... lol
Posts: 33,852

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBlond
How about the beer tap?
That's in the Treehouse...
Blueflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2004, 12:57 PM   #25
baja
Headmaster
 
baja's Avatar
 
The Fixer

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 61,302

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhymesayersDU
1) A section for porn, seriously.

2) Swifter bannings on trollers. Like last week when all the Chefs people came over. Now if a Chief fan comes over and says "I'm a chiefs fan, but I want to talk football with you guys" that is fine by me. Different perspectives and takes are awesome. But last week there were bullshiit topics like "Should Elway's face be carved into mt. rushmore" from Chiefs fans trying to be funny and those are annoying.
On second thought I think you do qualify for handicapped parking course you would have to be smart enough to drive first which is unclear at this point.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:34 AM.


Denver Broncos