The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 07-27-2014, 11:07 PM   #26
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
Don't piss off Manning.

Time to believe!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncosfanGuy View Post
. Well safe to say he didn't do much of anything.
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 11:59 PM   #27
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
Don't piss off Manning.

Time to believe!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

Defense:
D-lineman:
Ware- Wow! Big, tall and fast! He gave fits to Clady and Clarke all day. Whether if it was a bull rush, speed rush, dip move, or rip move it didn't matter. He has all the tools. Love having him. Got to Manning on a theatrical "sack".

Williams- Sly is really making strides at DT. Not only is he fast in his pass rush moves. He's strong and able to keep O-linemen off of him and stretch running plays outside. His strength is even helping him more penetration on his pass rush. He was able to tip a pass against Manning.

Knighton- Real ability to push up the field, penetrate, and get to the RB's.

Vickerson- Its going to be hard to crack this starting lineup this year. Williams is coming on hard and Knighton is good at the run stuffing.

Wolfe- The Wolfe is BACK! He seems to have back to his playing weight and hasn't lost much of his quickness. He's able to keep the outside contain (Looking at you Ayers).

Jackson- Subbed in for Wolfe. Glad he's part of the rotation. Great at stunts, swinging around the DT and get a push around the G.

Q Smith- This guy could be Ware 2.0. Big, tall, quick. They were doing some stunting and switch moves in front of my section. Gets around the corner quick and isn't frail in anyway(looking at you Moss).

Austin- Didn't do much today.

LB's
McCray- I'm going to start off with McCray here. He's active. Pretty ok in coverage. Also came up on a delay blitz for a "sack" on Manning. Solidly in with the 2's, but if he continues to grow could over take Irving at the starting 4-3 LB.

Von- Never put his hand in the dirt. I'm just glad he's healthy. He's working a lot on his pass coverage skills.

Trevathan- We will not be missing WW at all. Starting WLB, nickle LB and Dime LB. Broke up a bunch of pass over the middle of the field.

Marshall- They're mixing and matching LB's on the "Nickle" defense. He took some snaps here. Seems to take good care of the zone. This is early in camp and the offense is throwing a lot of different things at them.

Much of practice the LB's were practice far away from.

CB's
Talib- Great CB. Sticks to his man. Physical guy vs. anybody.

Webster- Part of the 1's. He's not the worst, but there is a difference between Harris and Webster.

Roby- On all the Broncos sites say that Roby gets beat all the time. Did really see that today. Made a great play in the Endzone. Leaped in front of a pass for JT from Manning. Knocked it down. Great reaction.

T Carter- got the wind knocked out of him on a play, came back a few plays later.

Murphy- Of the rest of the CB's he showed well today. Good man-to-man skills.

Most all the rest of the CB's were quit.

S's
Ward- Haven't had a safety like him since ........Lynch! Lays the boom on WR coming over the middle. Did get beat once by JT, but it was 1-1 and offense has a huge advantage here. Otherwise great in coverage.

Rahim "The Dream" Moore- Can't believe he still calls himself that. Good center fielder type. Needs to work on his man-to-man skills. But got beat 1-1 vs. JT. But it was back endzone over the shoulder.

Ihenacho- Down to the 2's. Needs to get more consistency in his game. Good in zone more lost in man.

Q Carter- Down to the 2's/3's. Hope the best for him.
Old 07-28-2014, 01:22 AM   #28
driver
Pro Bowler

Second Oldest Bronco Fan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pot Roast

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateHoboW/Shotgun View Post
Defense:.

S's
Ward- Haven't had a safety like him since ........Lynch! Lays the boom on WR coming over the middle. Did get beat once by JT, but it was 1-1 and offense has a huge advantage here. Otherwise great in coverage.

Rahim "The Dream" Moore- Can't believe he still calls himself that. Good center fielder type. Needs to work on his man-to-man skills. But got beat 1-1 vs. JT. But it was back endzone over the shoulder.

Ihenacho- Down to the 2's. Needs to get more consistency in his game. Good in zone more lost in man.

Q Carter- Down to the 2's/3's. Hope the best for him.
So the Williams buzz was all hype.
And with exception of Ward our deep secondary is s____, again.
I actually had some hope that with the return of Q and signing of Hagg we might have something positive going there. Apparently Hagg and Q haven't recovered from their respective injuries enough to push the (also guys) to the bench.

Well maybe JDR will figure a way to patch the holes enough to keep us from sinking. I just hate to start the season with an obvious weakness.
You know the good coaches like Bellycheck, the Harbaughs, Pagano, and Carrol wil find it and exploit it.

Last edited by driver; 07-28-2014 at 01:40 AM..
driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 03:25 AM   #29
driver
Pro Bowler

Second Oldest Bronco Fan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pot Roast

Just curious? I was just over on the DB forum and saw a camp report that basically said our backup QB's were nothing but steaming hot piles of road apples. What do the posters here think? Some of you actually get to see the practices and can make some sort of an informed judgment about this.

Last edited by driver; 07-28-2014 at 03:30 AM..
driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 04:14 AM   #30
frozenconcentratedorange
Rookie

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von's Urine

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowtown View Post
Why does someone already have a Talib jersey?
And his 2 buddies have a Ward and Manning jersey - bandwagoners
frozenconcentratedorange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 06:49 AM   #31
briane
Seasoned Veteran

http://www.privatepostmark.com

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I thought Burse did great on kick returns too. Hes fast and has great cutting. i hope they use him
briane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 08:05 AM   #32
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
Don't piss off Manning.

Time to believe!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by driver View Post
So the Williams buzz was all hype.
And with exception of Ward our deep secondary is s____, again.
I actually had some hope that with the return of Q and signing of Hagg we might have something positive going there. Apparently Hagg and Q haven't recovered from their respective injuries enough to push the (also guys) to the bench.

Well maybe JDR will figure a way to patch the holes enough to keep us from sinking. I just hate to start the season with an obvious weakness.
You know the good coaches like Bellycheck, the Harbaughs, Pagano, and Carrol wil find it and exploit it.
During 1-1 , and 7-7, drills offense has the advantage. It may look like tge DB's are gettung burned but its more for the WR's. Things change when its the full squad on the field. As for J williams buzz or hype you got to think there are 90 guys at camp. There are only 53 spots plus 8 PS spots. 30 people aren't going to make the team. So those undrafted players really have to out proform someone to get that spot. Plus there is a lot of behind the scene stuff in the classroom stuff we don't get to see. I mean he may do well during practice and games but if he doesn't know all the check down stuff in the classroom he may get cut for that reason.
Old 07-28-2014, 08:22 AM   #33
TheElusiveKyleOrton
BOOM.

Touched By God

I thought Ozzy looked quite a bit better than Dysert did. Just personal opinion. Os had one beautifully timed pass down the sideline that was perfect. Dysert just seemed off. His timing wasn't there yesterday, IMO.

Disappointed that Renner didn't seem to get any snaps.
Old 07-28-2014, 09:42 AM   #34
pricejj
jungle

United In Orange

Here's what I got. Couldn't see the whole field.

1. Von Miller - Taking part in most of the drills, but not 7-on-7's. Had a big hit breaking up a pass to an RB in the flat. Still healing. Not sure when he'll be 100%. Not doing one-on-one pass rush drills yet. Fully involved, but you can tell he's still trying to build up strength in the knee. We'll have to wait to see Von's signature speed rush moves.

2. Bradley Roby - Refused to put on helmet net as scrub CB's acted as WR's going against starting CB's in drills. All other scrubs put on helmet nets. Roby held his helmet net in hand as he half-heartedly jogged through the drill. Manning targeted Sanders for 20 yard out early, completing against Roby. Roby shook his head. Later, Roby broke up a sure TD to Julius Thomas, leaving his man and reacting on the play. Small confidence builder.

3. Brock Osweiler - Not good enough. QB's either have it or they don't. Half of Osweiler's plays he holds onto the ball way too long and scrambles. Other times he's off target. After 3 offseasons you would expect a lot more. Not the QBOTF.

4. Peyton Manning - Targeted Sanders a lot with success. Tried a 45 yard bomb early on that Caldwell had to stop for (underthrown). Talib almost wrestled the pick away, but Caldwell held on as they both fell to the ground.

5. Aqib Talib - No great pass break ups. Tough to get a gauge on how much of a shutdown CB he'll be. He's no Champ. His strength is physicality.

6. T.J. Ward - Broke up a couple redzone TD passes. You can see his presence. Nice change from near invisibility of Adams/Ihenacho. A little unfair matching him against guys like Julius Thomas, but he gets his fair share of breakups.

7. Rahim Moore - Got beat by JT? in the endzone over his head in a redzone drill. Full-time FS starter in team drills.

8. Julius Thomas - Becoming a team leader. Broncos using him as a focal point and PR man now, opened practice on microphone to fans.. Dropped a couple balls. Also had several good grabs and a couple great TD's. T.J. Ward forced him out of the back of the endzone for an incomplete.

9. Emmanuel Sanders - Targeted early and often in the flats.

10. Kevin Vickerson - Definitely part of the mix, taking part in all activities. Will be ready for prime time.

11. Demarcus Ware - I wanted to see him schooling Clark off the edge, but didn't see any 'wow' moments. I don't think the team did any individual pass rush drills. Tough to see from my vantage point.

12. Wes Welker - Looks like a hobbit out there. Had a great TD against Talib on a 5 yard out. Good chemistry with Manning.

13. Ryan Clady - Spent time during stretches fully stretching his left foot. Doesn't appear to have any lingering effects or favoring it. However if Wolfe was beating him around the edge (as reported on a previous day) I doubt he's 100% yet. They showed major run block drill battle between Clady and Ware on the big screen. Clady held his ground mano-e-mano in heavy physical activity.

14. DL Nickel Starters - Demarcus Ware, Sylvester Williams, Terrance Knighton, and Derek Wolfe (while Von continues to heal).

15. Quinton Carter - Nice to see Carter out there giving direction to guys like Roby. He'll make the team.

16. Cody Latimer - Nice guy, I said what's up to him during autograph session, and he smiled back. Only one to sign my son's roster sheet.

17. Gerell Robinson - Tip-toed for back of endzone TD from Osweiler. Team has to be happy with his work at TE so far.

18. Bryn Renner - Gets no play. Obviously trying to practice squad him.

19. Tony Carter - Gets beat regularly as we've come to expect.

20. Montee Ball - Only RB running with 1's. Hope that dude stays healthy. Manning targeted him for a 10 yard out. He caught it and started running with it. Bruton hit him hard at the end of play. Ball was like, 'wtf man' and threw his arms up in the air.

21. Kenny Anunike - Looked smooth and fast in pass rush against pads. Could be a guy to watch.

22. Kayvon Webster - Plays a little more solid as a 2nd year pro, but still gets beat at times. Webster is starting in place of Chris Harris. Didn't see Harris at all. Roby 3rd string right now.

23. John Elway - Entered the field near the start of practice to the biggest applause of all.
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 09:48 AM   #35
pricejj
jungle

United In Orange

24. Nate Irving - Looked slow in pass coverage pursuit in red zone. Had easy TD scored on him over the middle.

25. Isaiah Burse - Long TD from Dysert with run after the catch to end practice. He stands out among scrubs. #6 WR.

Last edited by pricejj; 07-28-2014 at 09:51 AM..
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 10:10 AM   #36
2KBack
Rumblin' Bumblin'

Cake is delicious

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheElusiveKyleOrton View Post
I thought Ozzy looked quite a bit better than Dysert did. Just personal opinion. Os had one beautifully timed pass down the sideline that was perfect. Dysert just seemed off. His timing wasn't there yesterday, IMO.

Disappointed that Renner didn't seem to get any snaps.
Like just about every year, you read 5 different reports and you hear 5 different opinions. Just about every player has someone writing great things, while the next guy tears the same guy down.
2KBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 10:52 AM   #37
crush17
"Born A Broncos Fan"

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rick Upchurch

I was there and I will echo the sentiments that Brock Osweiler is not looking good. He is as indecisive as ever, and to be honest, Dysert looked better.

That's just what the eye test provides, but keep in mind, I've seen the same **** from him for the past 3 seasons. Not getting better.
crush17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 10:59 AM   #38
Ragnar
Solid Starter

hate them chiefs

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
Here's what I got. Couldn't see the whole field.

2. Bradley Roby - Refused to put on helmet net as scrub CB's acted as WR's going against starting CB's in drills. All other scrubs put on helmet nets. Roby held his helmet net in hand as he half-heartedly jogged through the drill. Manning targeted Sanders for 20 yard out early, completing against Roby. Roby shook his head. Later, Roby broke up a sure TD to Julius Thomas, leaving his man and reacting on the play. Small confidence builder.
This is dissapointing. It's little stuff like this that needs to be squashed with pushups and wind-sprints..

Hopefully he plays well enough to justify this attitude.
Ragnar is offline   Reply With Quote