The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 07-21-2014, 12:07 PM   #26
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
Quit on a team? Yes. Quit on a game that is horrible because you don't want to endure the pain of it? It's painful BECAUSE you are a fan. And by the way, you don't get to decide what makes someone a "true fan." You aren't the Federal Head of Fandom issuing true fan licenses. Fans support their team in a variety of ways.
Yeah i stopped watching that **** midway through the 3rd quarter. Went for a walk, checked my phone on and off.
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 12:46 PM   #27
2KBack
Rumblin' Bumblin'

Cake is delicious

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
Yeah i stopped watching that **** midway through the 3rd quarter. Went for a walk, checked my phone on and off.
That's about how long I lasted. Took down my flag and brought in the Broncos lawn gnome. The wife took it better and put them right back out.

I took a walk for the rest of the game.
2KBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 12:49 PM   #28
Rabb
No Luca, No!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dynamite Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2KBack View Post
Took down my flag and brought in the Broncos lawn gnome.
It's stuff like this, when you know it's serious...and I am not even being a smart ass. For me, I calmly took my jersey and hat off. And just sat there pouting. Pretty much like this:

It's our little "ok team, **** you" moments that I love.
Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 12:54 PM   #29
2KBack
Rumblin' Bumblin'

Cake is delicious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabb View Post
It's stuff like this, when you know it's serious...and I am not even being a smart ass. For me, I calmly took my jersey and hat off. And just sat there pouting. Pretty much like this:

That's why I love this place still. We all know that exact feeling.
2KBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 01:15 PM   #30
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabb View Post

Add in a few fits of pacing and that's exactly my experience.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 01:23 PM   #31
Dr. Broncenstein
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Trey Gowdy

Jeez I forgot how bad that was. Cupcakes vs Hyenas.
Dr. Broncenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 01:31 PM   #32
DenverBound
Thanks for the memories

This one's for Pat!

I watched every minute of the actual game. Who knows how long it would take to get back to a super bowl. I felt sick the entire time. There were rage fits, screaming and lots of alcohol.

Re-watching the sound fx brings all of those feelings back with a vengeance. **** that. I could only make it into the 3rd of that ****.
DenverBound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 01:36 PM   #33
Gutless Drunk
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Gutless Drunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 01:51 PM   #34
Dr. Broncenstein
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Trey Gowdy

I was laughing by the time Harvin plunged the dagger at the start of the second half. My team sure knows how to bomb. It would be hard to throw a game in such a spectacular fashion. It was almost a work of modern art.
Old 07-21-2014, 01:58 PM   #35
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

Shannon Says: Listen to The Junkman

I had some friends over for the game....about halfway through the game, I wanted everyone to just leave. They aren't Denver fans and probably secretly enjoyed the schadenfreude of the game....they are Browns and Bengals fans, so they probably secretly loved every minute of my agony.

I don't think I barely said a word after the start of the 3rd period....I just wanted the game to end and for everyone to go home.

I was like a crock pot and I slowly stewed all game, but someone forgot to turn the temp down and after everyone left I couldn't sleep, didn't feel like cleaning up, I just sat in my chair sulking about the 4 hour letdown I had just witnessed.

I just kept smoking bowl after bowl trying to smoke myself into a stupor.

That game sucked hairy ape nuts....Denver didn't bother to show up and then they put up about as much fight as Samwell Tarly did when he first got to The Wall and had to train in the 'Game of Thrones'.

What a fun ride it was all season....and that one single game left dirty **** stains over everything else that happened all season.
SouthStndJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 02:01 PM   #36
Gutless Drunk
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Gutless Drunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 02:03 PM   #37
Dr. Broncenstein
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Trey Gowdy

I remember being very concerned about the potential for cold weather. Never considered the possibility of a category 5 shiatstorm.
Old 07-21-2014, 02:28 PM   #38
Chrissy Rules
Ring of Famer

Git er done

Adopt-a-Bronco:
PM OF COURSE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Broncenstein View Post
I remember being very concerned about the potential for cold weather. Never considered the possibility of a category 5 shiatstorm.
Chrissy Rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 02:33 PM   #39
Cito Pelon
Been there, didn't get it

Not2Shabby County Seat

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
We should warn Cito though.....
A little ****** like you knows a lot about men's junk, likes to talk about it eh?
Cito Pelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 02:42 PM   #40
Kevin8Nine
Perennial Pro-bowler

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

it could always be worse.....

"One Denver Broncos fan decided that his team had nothing to worry about in Super Bowl XLVIII and started celebrating early by getting a tattoo"
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...ing-experience
Kevin8Nine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 02:52 PM   #41
Rabb
No Luca, No!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dynamite Monkey

thanks for the jinx a-hole
Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 02:58 PM   #42
ghwk
Ring of Famer

Survivor survivor!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton's C3-C5

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthStndJunkie View Post
I had some friends over for the game....about halfway through the game, I wanted everyone to just leave. They aren't Denver fans and probably secretly enjoyed the schadenfreude of the game....they are Browns and Bengals fans, so they probably secretly loved every minute of my agony.

I don't think I barely said a word after the start of the 3rd period....I just wanted the game to end and for everyone to go home.

I was like a crock pot and I slowly stewed all game, but someone forgot to turn the temp down and after everyone left I couldn't sleep, didn't feel like cleaning up, I just sat in my chair sulking about the 4 hour letdown I had just witnessed.

I just kept smoking bowl after bowl trying to smoke myself into a stupor.

That game sucked hairy ape nuts....Denver didn't bother to show up and then they put up about as much fight as Samwell Tarly did when he first got to The Wall and had to train in the 'Game of Thrones'.

What a fun ride it was all season....and that one single game left dirty **** stains over everything else that happened all season.
This is exactly why I don't invite anyone over when the Bronco's play in the SB. My melancholy was so deep I don't even want another Bronco fan around to commiserate with. I don't want to talk...at all...to anyone.

Good thing I wasn't mike'd up or you would have heard retching sounds mixed with profound sobbing continuously after the opening kickoff. And lots of swear words, lots and lots of swear words. My kids got a serious lesson in how to swear that day.
ghwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 03:02 PM   #43
maher_tyler
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

I watched the whole thing completely sober. I didn't watch the post game BS though. I had a sick feeling in my stomach when the first play went for a safety. I hoped we would bounce back but never did. Considering how banged up the D was I thought they did enough to give the offense a chance early in the game. It was just an epic fail all the way around. From not planning for noise to not game planning for Harvin. For the past two years we started slow and have had bone headed penalties and turnovers. I really hope this team learned something from this game. We will find out soon enough.
maher_tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 03:04 PM   #44
baja
Headmaster

The Fixer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson

The last few years I have watched all Broncos games alone. I like it better that way. I don't want distractions during the game. I would never have people over when the Broncos are in the SB. Hopefully I'll we watching it alone again this year.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 03:11 PM   #45
Kevin8Nine
Perennial Pro-bowler

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
The last few years I have watched all Broncos games alone. I like it better that way. I don't want distractions during the game. I would never have people over when the Broncos are in the SB. Hopefully I'll we watching it alone again this year.
I thought I was the only one, lol. I would rather watch the game alone, especially not with people that ask a bunch of stupid questions. I enjoy watching every single play and not missing a beat. Other people just water down the experience.
Kevin8Nine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 03:18 PM   #46
Binkythefrog
Seasoned Veteran

I remember not even getting angry - I was just sad. I felt bad watching an entire season of amazing plays and awesome wins blown away by literally 30 minutes of brain fart football.

The pain from that Super Bowl loss still doesn't compare to the Jacksonville 1996 upset - I was in the stadium that day and it was an unbelievably sad place to be. Still have bad flashbacks watching Natrone Means and Mark Brunell run up and down the field - it was horrible to watch knowing that the clock was ticking on Elway's career. Manning already has his ring - so I didn't get that sense this time around. Weird thing though is that game really solidified my fandom for me - the Broncos really do entertain us.
Binkythefrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 05:19 PM   #47
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 05:38 PM   #48
randerson1184
Camp Arm

Super Bowl 49 champs or bust.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kayvon Webster

Quote:
Originally Posted by randerson1184 View Post
If you quit on your team, you're not a fan. Period.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmac821 View Post
I watched it all but I began HEAVY drinking by the end of the first. Memory is a little fuzzy but I remember arguing with fellow broncos fan about how they wanted to quit being fans because of the game. Hard not stomach but I stay true, will not tolerate talks of quitting on orange and blue
To be clear, this is what I was referring to. If you quit watching the SB halfway through, no judgement. I wouldn't have made it the whole game without half a dozen beers.
randerson1184 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 06:43 PM   #49
Arkie
Ring of Famer

The f--- y'all motherf-ckas want?

It didn't sound like they quit. They looked shocked and frustrated. At the 35 minute mark, Welker asks Manning about that Bills-Oilers greatest comeback game like they still have a chance down 36-0.
Arkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 10:58 PM   #50
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

I watched the entire game, I do every single game. Even when getting blown out I force myself to endure the misery. It gets me jacked up ready to argue with grocery clerks working the oatmeal section....OMG, I died laughing just writing that.

I won't watch the replay though, miced up or not.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote