The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 07-20-2014, 05:36 PM   #176
rmsanger
I support Missouri cops

Another one bites the dust!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
The US did a similar thing over Iran's air space. It's a bad thing but not a reason to start WWIII;

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iran_Air_Flight_655

Iran Air Flight 655
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Iran Air Flight 655

Iran–Iraq War
Iran Air Flight 655 was an Iran Air civilian passenger flight from Tehran to Dubai that was shot down by the United States Navy guided missile cruiser USS Vincennes on 3 July 1988. The attack took place in Iranian airspace, over Iran's territorial waters in the Persian Gulf, and on the flight's usual flight path. The aircraft, an Airbus A300 B2-203, was destroyed by SM-2MR surface-to-air missiles fired from the Vincennes.

All 290 on board, including 66 children and 16 crew, died.[1] This attack ranks seventh among the deadliest disasters in aviation history, tenth if including the 9/11 attacks, which includes ground casualties; the incident retains the highest death toll of any aviation incident in the Persian Gulf and the highest death toll of any incident involving an Airbus aircraft anywhere in the world.[2] The Vincennes had entered Iranian territorial waters after one of its helicopters drew warning fire from Iranian speedboats operating within Iranian territorial limits.[3]

According to the Iranian government, Vincennes negligently shot down the civilian aircraft: the airliner was making IFF squawks in Mode III (not Mode II used by Iranian military planes), a signal that identified it as a civilian craft, and operators of Vincennes mistook for Mode II.[4]

According to the United States Government, the crew incorrectly identified the Iranian Airbus A300 as an attacking F-14A Tomcat fighter, a plane made in the United States and operated at that time by only two forces worldwide, the United States Navy and the Islamic Republic of Iran Air Force. The Iranian F-14's at that time had no anti-ship capability.[5]

The US Navy had claimed that the Vincennes was defending itself in international waters at the time of the incident. Later disclosures would prove that the Vincennes had entered into Iranian waters and initiated hostilities. This was a key fact that was left out of the public inquiry led by Admiral Fogarty.
Exactly

Last edited by rmsanger; 07-20-2014 at 05:39 PM..
rmsanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 05:38 PM   #177
rmsanger
I support Missouri cops

Another one bites the dust!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
BS the Vincennes had been dogged by Iranian gunboats leading up to the disaster. The Vincenes engaged and the retreated back to iranian waters. The Vincenes then shot down the plane.

Not like Iran didn't play a huge part in it. Hopefull Putin will pay out to the victims families like the USA did.

The USA also stepped up and admitted it, so there is that.
Lulz their system clearly recorded the commercial liner as such. An f14 would have a completely different signature. You're making excuses and the ish was clearly the fault of commander and crew.
rmsanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 06:00 PM   #178
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmsanger View Post
Lulz their system clearly recorded the commercial liner as such. An f14 would have a completely different signature. You're making excuses and the ish was clearly the fault of commander and crew.
Not saying it wasn't a huge mistake, but everything i said was true. That was how the incident unfolded.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 09:41 PM   #179
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
Don't piss off Manning.

Time to believe!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C.J. Anderson

. You call her stupid, but she still knows more than your guy.
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 02:51 AM   #180
elsid13
Lost In Space

Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna

Quote:
The question that that keeps coming up for me is why would Russia do this? They have zero to gain and everything to lose. It makes more sense that some entity that wanted to escalate the conflict did it and framed Putin. That leads to the question what is their agenda? Start WWIII is all I can come up with.
The downing of MH17 was not the goal it was side event in this conflict. Russian and its separatists need to ensure that had control over the air in eastern Ukraine to prevent the Ukraine air support from being the decisive edge in ongoing battles. The Russians can not put their Air Force in the area without being seen and giving away their hand. Giving the rebels SAMs and they achieve that goal at low cost to themselves.
elsid13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 04:11 AM   #181
Bronco Yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombay View Post
The Russians are putting some reasonably serious weapons in the hands of untrained, undisciplined, and unaccountable people. I'm actually somewhat surprised (and relieved) that they don't have a more professional proxy in Ukraine.
I don't believe for one moment that Russia simply 'turned over' this type of equipment. I'll guarantee there were Russian 'advisers' with the launcher. We do the same shiat btw.
Bronco Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 08:02 AM   #182
DHallblows
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateHoboW/Shotgun View Post
Something stupid.
Something stupid.
Something stupid.
Something stupid.
Something stupid.
Something stupid.
Something stupid.
Something stupid.
Something stupid.
Something stupid.
Something stupid.
Something stupid that sorta happens.
Something stupid.
Something stupid.
Something stupid.
Something stupid.
Something stupid.
Something stupid.

Good for her

Last edited by DHallblows; 07-22-2014 at 08:05 AM..
DHallblows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 08:12 AM   #183
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Quote:
Originally Posted by elsid13 View Post
The downing of MH17 was not the goal it was side event in this conflict. Russian and its separatists need to ensure that had control over the air in eastern Ukraine to prevent the Ukraine air support from being the decisive edge in ongoing battles. The Russians can not put their Air Force in the area without being seen and giving away their hand. Giving the rebels SAMs and they achieve that goal at low cost to themselves.

The interesting thing is the controlled US main stream press is doing all it can to beat the war drum.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 08:45 AM   #184
Drunk Monkey
Mars b****es!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco Yoda View Post
I don't believe for one moment that Russia simply 'turned over' this type of equipment. I'll guarantee there were Russian 'advisers' with the launcher. We do the same shiat btw.
The SA-11 SAM was most likely captured from the Ukrainians. I am sure they had no idea how to use it though. Some Russian probably trained them on it and did it very poorly.
Drunk Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 09:03 AM   #185
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunk Monkey View Post
The SA-11 SAM was most likely captured from the Ukrainians. I am sure they had no idea how to use it though. Some Russian probably trained them on it and did it very poorly.
Opps comrade
Old 07-22-2014, 10:30 AM   #186
Rohirrim
Partisan

All hail Hercules!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:

Yeah. It's a shame she didn't see these Russians with the SAM from her kitchen window. She might have been able to warn somebody. She was probably busy, out back, whacking turkeys.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 10:33 AM   #187
Bronco Yoda

[IMG][/IMG]
Quote:

Bronco Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 11:47 AM   #188
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
Don't piss off Manning.

Time to believe!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C.J. Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
Yeah. It's a shame she didn't see these Russians with the SAM from her kitchen window. She might have been able to warn somebody. She was probably busy, out back, whacking turkeys.
I knew a dumba $$ like you would say something like that. You don't even know who the pink puppy belli you're quoting.
Old 07-22-2014, 11:56 AM   #189
SleepingTiger
Ring of Famer

Ole J

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tony Carter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepingTiger View Post
c'mon, she's not even asian.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
what, no asian girl has eyes that big. trust me, i know. she looks more like a mix to me or got a real good plastic surgeon.
SleepingTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 02:37 PM   #190
Rohirrim
Partisan

All hail Hercules!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
I knew a dumba $$ like you would say something like that. You don't even know who the pink puppy belli you're quoting.
Palin takes seven colleges to get one weathergirl degree and I'm dumb? And since you obviously worship the loud mouth, what's that say about you? You ever see her husband? He always has that look on his face like even he would be more than happy to see that mouth close every once in a while.

There's one person on Earth who has a good reason to adore Sarah Palin, and that's Dan Quayle. Up until she came along, he was biggest VP candidate joke in history.
Old 07-22-2014, 03:44 PM   #191
ColoradoDarin
Not Too Shabby Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
T J Ward

Quote:
Palin takes seven colleges to get one weathergirl degree and I'm dumb? And since you obviously worship the loud mouth, what's that say about you? You ever see her husband? He always has that look on his face like even he would be more than happy to see that mouth close every once in a while.

There's one person on Earth who has a good reason to adore Sarah Palin, and that's Dan Quayle. Up until she came along, he was biggest VP candidate joke in history.
wut?

ColoradoDarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 03:51 PM   #192
elsid13
Lost In Space

Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna

Quote:
The interesting thing is the controlled US main stream press is doing all it can to beat the war drum.
I haven't seen that. Do you have a source/link?
elsid13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 04:08 PM   #193
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
Don't piss off Manning.

Time to believe!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C.J. Anderson

Quote:

. She still didn't say that thing you pick trying to pin on her. The fact is you still don't know who the phukc you're quoting phukctard.
Old 07-22-2014, 04:09 PM   #194
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Quote:
Originally Posted by elsid13 View Post
I haven't seen that. Do you have a source/link?
Watch the MSM and you will see there agenda. Their bias is not hard to figure out.
Old 07-22-2014, 04:15 PM   #195
Rohirrim
Partisan

All hail Hercules!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
. She still didn't say that thing you pick trying to pin on her. The fact is you still don't know who the phukc you're quoting phukctard.
Old 07-22-2014, 04:39 PM   #196
ColoradoDarin
Not Too Shabby Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
T J Ward

^^Sounds like Tiny Fey, but looks like Sarah Palin....
ColoradoDarin is offline   Reply With Quote