The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



View Poll Results: Which would you have preferred?
To lose to the Pats by one point in the AFCCG and avoid the embarrassing performance in the SB 7 7.53%
To play the game and live with the embarrassing loss? 86 92.47%
Voters: 93. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-17-2014, 09:52 AM   #76
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer
 
Tombstone RJ's Avatar
 
Old School

Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: In the Tetons!
Posts: 22,104

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
But that isn't the premise of the question.

It isn't lose to the Pats by 1 or win and have the oppurtunity to win the SB.

It's a backward looking inquiry saying you can change A but you CANT change B, you can advance to the SB but you WILL get beatdown, that's how I interpret it.
Exactly. Sorry, but I don't want the Broncos to show up TO THEIR FUNERAL.

For **** sake people.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 10:11 AM   #77
jmz313
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Maryland
Posts: 1,269
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
but SB blowout just fine. Not too shabby, congrats.
Next time just bet the over / under instead of your "sure thing" Broncos Line. You'll feel better in the end.
jmz313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 10:31 AM   #78
crush17
orange & blue
 
crush17's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 5,391

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thanks Champ!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
Love all the John Fox wannabees in here. Just say it already--he was right, shut your pie holes, the season was not too shabby according to your standards. "hey, we beat the Pats, went 13-3, won a few playoff games, not real shabby. SB loss, meh, at least we were there. You know, we showed up!"

NOT TOO SHABBY HERPY DERP DERP!!!!!
welp.
crush17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 10:32 AM   #79
DENVERDUI55
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 2,647

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
Exactly. Sorry, but I don't want the Broncos to show up TO THEIR FUNERAL.

For **** sake people.
Would you rather the Broncos get stomped in the Wild Card round or the Super Bowl?
DENVERDUI55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 10:33 AM   #80
Kaylore
Because I am better
 
Kaylore's Avatar
 
Taysom Hill for Heisman!

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ceti Alpha V
Posts: 46,312

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
Exactly. Sorry, but I don't want the Broncos to show up TO THEIR FUNERAL.

For **** sake people.
No you and Socal are all wrong. It would mean another post-season loss to Brady and giving him an opportunity to 1) Say he's better than Manning in big games. 2) Show how "Belichick owns Manning" 3.) Tarnish our home field playoff advantage which is one of the best in the league historically. 4) Give Brady and the Pats another opportunity to win a Super Bowl. 5.) Not get an updated version of the Hunt Trophy.

Personally the joy of winning a Championship in Denver is enough. Number 4 should be enough for anyone. We were missing a bunch of starters and arguably shouldn't have been there. That we made it at all was huge.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 10:34 AM   #81
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer
 
Tombstone RJ's Avatar
 
Old School

Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: In the Tetons!
Posts: 22,104

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
Would you rather the Broncos get stomped in the Wild Card round or the Super Bowl?
edit, I'd rather the Broncos lose in the WC and start to regroup for the next season if the SB is the ultimate goal. Again, what does it matter if you lose the SB?

The goal is a SB championship. So I pose this question again--if that is the goal and you don't accomplish the goal, what is the point?

Last edited by Tombstone RJ; 07-17-2014 at 10:38 AM..
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 10:35 AM   #82
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer
 
Tombstone RJ's Avatar
 
Old School

Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: In the Tetons!
Posts: 22,104

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
No you and Socal are all wrong. It would mean another post-season loss to Brady and giving him an opportunity to 1) Say he's better than Manning in big games. 2) Show how "Belichick owns Manning" 3.) Tarnish our home field playoff advantage which is one of the best in the league historically. 4) Give Brady and the Pats another opportunity to win a Super Bowl. 5.) Not get an updated version of the Hunt Trophy.

Personally the joy of winning a Championship in Denver is enough. Number 4 should be enough for anyone. We were missing a bunch of starters and arguably shouldn't have been there. That we made it at all was huge.
not too shabby, congrats.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 10:36 AM   #83
DENVERDUI55
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 2,647

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
maybe you should read the poll again...
I get it you would rather lose in the AFCC on your home field. I am just wondering where is your breaking point of I would rather a Super Bowl loss than another result.
DENVERDUI55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 10:41 AM   #84
Rabb
No Luca, No!
 
Rabb's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 7,500

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dynamite Monkey
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
I get it you would rather lose in the AFCC on your home field. I am just wondering where is your breaking point of I would rather a Super Bowl loss than another result.
By their logic, we may as well have been 0-16.
Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 10:42 AM   #85
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer
 
Tombstone RJ's Avatar
 
Old School

Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: In the Tetons!
Posts: 22,104

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
I get it you would rather lose in the AFCC on your home field. I am just wondering where is your breaking point of I would rather a Super Bowl loss than another result.
The goal is the WIN the SB. If the goal (like KC for instance) is to just win a few playoff games then fine. But we got a HoF QB in Manning and a great team built for one purpose, to win it all. If the Broncos don't win a SB with Manning then I am going to be very disappointed.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 10:45 AM   #86
DENVERDUI55
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 2,647

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
The goal is the WIN the SB. If the goal (like KC for instance) is to just win a few playoff games then fine. But we got a HoF QB in Manning and a great team built for one purpose, to win it all. If the Broncos don't win a SB with Manning then I am going to be very disappointed.
I agree but the Manning era isn't over. I also felt a SB win last year would of been a stealing with all the injuries. I can only think of the Pack a few years ago that overcame massive amount of injuries to win it. It also takes a lot of luck to win a Super Bowl too. The best team rarely wins it all.
DENVERDUI55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 10:46 AM   #87
Br0nc0Buster
2013 AFC Champs
 
Br0nc0Buster's Avatar
 
Oh........yea

Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Kansas
Posts: 5,754
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
edit, I'd rather the Broncos lose in the WC and start to regroup for the next season if the SB is the ultimate goal. Again, what does it matter if you lose the SB?

The goal is a SB championship. So I pose this question again--if that is the goal and you don't accomplish the goal, what is the point?
Why?

If the ultimate goal is winning the SB how does losing in the WC help that?
Im not sure what experience getting trounced in the SB can provide, but surely advancing to the SB provides more experience than getting bounced in the first round

"The point" is to give yourself an opportunity
You do that by winning in the playoffs

What benefit does losing earlier provide?
It's not like getting bounced in the first round gives you more preparation time for next year.

This whole "well if we can't win might as well not even try" mindset is really stupid
Br0nc0Buster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 10:48 AM   #88
baja
Happy camper
 
baja's Avatar
 
Sweet

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 59,999

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware
Default

The logic of So Cal & Tombstone

Lose the preceding game to every disappointing playoff loss to avoid pain and embarrassment.

If I was never born I would never have to die
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 10:49 AM   #89
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer
 
Tombstone RJ's Avatar
 
Old School

Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: In the Tetons!
Posts: 22,104

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabb View Post
By their logic, we may as well have been 0-16.
wrong, I'd take a 9-7 team that gets in via the WC and wins the SB any day of the weak over the 13-3 record setting offense the Broncos had which ultimately got them blown out in the SB. I mean, so what about the stats? It's no different than the Vikings back in 1998 who were amazing to watch but lost in the playoffs. I mean, who cares?

If the regular season is all that matters the Broncos might as well dump Manning and his huge contract, trade for Alex Smith, not resign DT or JT or bring in Ware or any other FA and just be happy with 10-6 and a first round playoff loss.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 10:49 AM   #90
crush17
orange & blue
 
crush17's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 5,391

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thanks Champ!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
No you and Socal are all wrong. It would mean another post-season loss to Brady and giving him an opportunity to 1) Say he's better than Manning in big games. 2) Show how "Belichick owns Manning" 3.) Tarnish our home field playoff advantage which is one of the best in the league historically. 4) Give Brady and the Pats another opportunity to win a Super Bowl. 5.) Not get an updated version of the Hunt Trophy.

Personally the joy of winning a Championship in Denver is enough. Number 4 should be enough for anyone. We were missing a bunch of starters and arguably shouldn't have been there. That we made it at all was huge.
crush17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 10:49 AM   #91
Gutless Drunk
Ring of Famer
 
Gutless Drunk's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 4,170

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Since I am an adult I fully realize that my team is not going to win it all every year. That is neither my expectation or only objective. It is a bonus and I am currently optimistic of the possibilities. However, outside of purely result orientated focus it is entertainment for me, my favorite form, and as such I will always want the season to go on as long as possible.
Gutless Drunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 10:51 AM   #92
crush17
orange & blue
 
crush17's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 5,391

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thanks Champ!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
wrong, I'd take a 9-7 team that gets in via the WC and wins the SB any day of the weak over the 13-3 record setting offense the Broncos had which ultimately got them blown out in the SB. I mean, so what about the stats? It's no different than the Vikings back in 1998 who were amazing to watch but lost in the playoffs. I mean, who cares?

If the regular season is all that matters the Broncos might as well dump Manning and his huge contract, trade for Alex Smith, not resign DT or JT or bring in Ware or any other FA and just be happy with 10-6 and a first round playoff loss.
Who says the reg. season is all that matters??!?

You are acting like a 5 year old. Over football.
crush17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 10:52 AM   #93
Br0nc0Buster
2013 AFC Champs
 
Br0nc0Buster's Avatar
 
Oh........yea

Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Kansas
Posts: 5,754
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
wrong, I'd take a 9-7 team that gets in via the WC and wins the SB any day of the weak over the 13-3 record setting offense the Broncos had which ultimately got them blown out in the SB. I mean, so what about the stats? It's no different than the Vikings back in 1998 who were amazing to watch but lost in the playoffs. I mean, who cares?

If the regular season is all that matters the Broncos might as well dump Manning and his huge contract, trade for Alex Smith, not resign DT or JT or bring in Ware or any other FA and just be happy with 10-6 and a first round playoff loss.
So you would rather take a team that wins a SB over one that doesn't......OK
I think everyone would

The issue is saying you would rather not even advance in the playoffs if you ultimately don't win the SB

Which is dumb
Br0nc0Buster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 10:52 AM   #94
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer
 
Tombstone RJ's Avatar
 
Old School

Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: In the Tetons!
Posts: 22,104

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
The logic of So Cal & Tombstone

Lose the preceding game to every disappointing playoff loss to avoid pain and embarrassment.

If I was never born I would never have to die
that's not what your poll is asking... you are basically asking how would you like the Broncos to end their season, in an exciting one point playoff loss to the Pats or in a humiliating SB loss. Either one sucks because the ultimate goal is not accomplished.

Now, what is the ultimate goal again?
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 10:55 AM   #95
Drunken.Broncoholic2
Pickled in orange & blue
 
Drunken.Broncoholic2's Avatar
 
OnLyNiNjAsCaNrEaDtHiSQuOtE

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Carmel, Ca
Posts: 6,523

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

How did broncos fans feel when we were on the worst stretch of games than any other team in the league? 4-12 wasn't that long ago. Super Bowl appearance and 3 straight postseason appearances since that season? Most teams would just now be recovering from a disaster of a FO/HC/team that was 4-12. I know the majority of our fanbase said at that time the rebuild would take at least 3-5 years just to become competitive. Fans at that time would only wish for a Super Bowl appearance. And now People wishing we didnt even get there?


A team reaches and wins a Super Bowl how many times in decades? Sure that's a goal, but if it's the only goal then there's 31 teams every year who fail at life.
Drunken.Broncoholic2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 10:56 AM   #96
crush17
orange & blue
 
crush17's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 5,391

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thanks Champ!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post
How did broncos fans feel when we were on the worst stretch of games than any other team in the league? 4-12 wasn't that long ago. Super Bowl appearance and 3 straight postseason appearances since that season? Most teams would just now be recovering from a disaster of a FO/HC/team that was 4-12. I know the majority of our fanbase said at that time the rebuild would take at least 3-5 years just to become competitive. Fans at that time would only wish for a Super Bowl appearance. And now People wishing we didnt even get there?


A team reaches and wins a Super Bowl how many times in decades? Sure that's a goal, but if it's the only goal then there's 31 teams every year who fail at life.
Can't sum it up much better than that DB2.

Spoiled little brats up in here!
crush17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 10:56 AM   #97
Kaylore
Because I am better
 
Kaylore's Avatar
 
Taysom Hill for Heisman!

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ceti Alpha V
Posts: 46,312

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
that's not what your poll is asking... you are basically asking how would you like the Broncos to end their season, in an exciting one point playoff loss to the Pats or in a humiliating SB loss. Either one sucks because the ultimate goal is not accomplished.

Now, what is the ultimate goal again?
You lose playoff experience and especially SB experience so if you want to go back they'll have done the whole dog and pony show. There is no down to going to the SB. There is a down to not winning in the playoffs, namely you are playoff loser and you lose the chance to have a conference championship trophy. Your logic is stupid.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 10:59 AM   #98
Shananahan
Custom User Title
 
Shananahan's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 1,201
Default

This thread is blowing my mind.
Shananahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 10:59 AM   #99
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer
 
Tombstone RJ's Avatar
 
Old School

Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: In the Tetons!
Posts: 22,104

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by crush17 View Post
Who says the reg. season is all that matters??!?

You are acting like a 5 year old. Over football.
I'm saying that if the Broncos don't win the SB then what the hell is the point of the entire season? IMHO you are justifying John Fox's comments about the season not being too shabby because the Broncos went 13-3, won the Lamar Hunt trophy and a couple of playoff games. Not too shabby, right?

I'm not buying it.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 11:01 AM   #100
crush17
orange & blue
 
crush17's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 5,391

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thanks Champ!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
I'm saying that if the Broncos don't win the SB then what the hell is the point of the entire season? IMHO you are justifying John Fox's comments about the season not being too shabby because the Broncos went 13-3, won the Lamar Hunt trophy and a couple of playoff games. Not too shabby, right?

I'm not buying it.
Ok well maybe you should think about it in time out for 15 minutes young man!

So basically you're saying no teams should play the regular season or playoff games and we should just pre-determine the two best teams and have them go straight to the Super Bowl. Let me know how that works out for you.
crush17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:35 AM.


Denver Broncos