The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Which would you have preferred?
To lose to the Pats by one point in the AFCCG and avoid the embarrassing performance in the SB 7 7.53%
To play the game and live with the embarrassing loss? 86 92.47%
Voters: 93. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-16-2014, 03:05 PM   #26
Kaylore
4 time AFCW Champs

12 straight road division wins

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

I'd rather have my balls mashed than give the Pats a trip to the Super Bowl on our field and give them one more "Brady is better" byte. Beating Brady in a Championship game - a game where Peyton lit them on fire and Brady made several poor throws, really took the steam out of their rant-fest. Shame on anyone who voted yes.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 03:08 PM   #27
bowtown
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Aaron Brewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
I'm not sure what they were supposed to learn from that experience that is especially valuable. Did getting humiliated in 86 help us get a special advantage in the 87 game? How bout 89? I know the lesson isn't to take Super Bowls seriously because well....that goes without saying so if we needed to learn that this is not a good group of men.

We were subjected to a horrifying experience on the biggest stage with all the marbles on the line and became again...like the 80s the butt of national jokes.

Yeah i could do without that....its needless pain and aggravation. At lwast show up make it entertaining and exciting for your fans even if you don't win. Sorry...watching a **** show with nothing positive at all happening isn't something I care to see. At least make an effort otherwise don't steal my time.
.. steal your time. "Those guys I watched throwing a football around stole my precious time."
bowtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 03:14 PM   #28
orange skier
Who is Josh McDaniels ?

Protect "The Neck"

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Alex Gibbs

Ah yeah: I loved spanking the patties in our house. I was at the game and count it in my top five all time favorites. Sending their fan base on the long plane ride home was worth so much. Dislike them immensely. The SB was everything we knew about Payton for all the years he was in Indy. Can't win the big game, hates cold weather, dink and dunk, etc. All of that being said, he's our QB, and I am loving watching him take us to the playoffs, year after year. Elway is / was the greatest QB ever, period. Elway now is the best GM ever.....trust me, trust him......best ever........
orange skier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 03:16 PM   #29
Br0nc0Buster
2013 AFC Champs

Oh........yea

I can't imagine how anyone could vote losing in the AFC Championship over losing in the SB

Let alone to the freaking Patriots
Br0nc0Buster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 03:21 PM   #30
Rabb
No Luca, No!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dynamite Monkey

This is the equivalent to walking blocks out of your way to avoid a bully on the way home. It's no wonder the Seattle fan base just relentlessly gloats.

Last edited by Rabb; 07-16-2014 at 03:28 PM..
Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 03:24 PM   #31
DomCasual
This one's for Pat!

Shameless Homer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

An option that you should have considered: "To win the Super Bowl!"

I would have totally chosen that one.
DomCasual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 03:26 PM   #32
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!

Defense, defense, defense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Ok, I misread the first option, all the while thinking Baja had lost it. Appears I was the one losing it. I thought it said would I have preferred to win the AFCCG by only 1 pt. Well of course! After voting I reread it and felt like the idiot the vote makes me look like.

I would have preferred the second option. I need to quit posting and reading posts at work.
gunns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 03:26 PM   #33
Action
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Isaiah Burse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabb View Post
This is the equivalent to walking blocks out of your way to avoid a bully on the way home. it's no wonder the Seattle fan base just relentlessly gloats.
I was saying this same thing since we lost.

There are some Broncos fans would rather lose AT HOME to the PATRIOTS in the PLAYOFFS?

There must not be a competitive bone in your body if you'd rather have this. Honestly - not even sure why you'd watch sports.

Broncos should just go 0-16 every year to avoid possible disappointment in the playoffs. I'm sure that would be easier for some of the "Let's lose!" voters to deal with.

"oh well, at least we won't be disappointed in the playoffs. There's always next year!"
Action is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 03:29 PM   #34
bowtown
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Aaron Brewer

I wish we had lost all our games last year, so we could have had the #1 pick in the draft. Next year, unless we are definitely going to win the Super Bowl, we should do the same thing.
bowtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 03:29 PM   #35
Gutless Drunk
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Gutless Drunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 03:32 PM   #36
ColoradoDarin
Not Too Shabby Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ

The only, and I mean ONLY, reason to vote for losing to the Pats would be if they got humiliated more than 55-10 in the SB.
ColoradoDarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 03:34 PM   #37
pricejj
jungle

United In Orange

AFCCG was best game I've ever been to in my life.
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 03:35 PM   #38
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoDarin View Post
The only, and I mean ONLY, reason to vote for losing to the Pats would be if they got humiliated more than 55-10 in the SB.
It was basically 55-10.
Old 07-16-2014, 03:37 PM   #39
Rabb
No Luca, No!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dynamite Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowtown View Post
I wish we had lost all our games last year, so we could have had the #1 pick in the draft. Next year, unless we are definitely going to win the Super Bowl, we should do the same thing.
We should start Brock right now. I mean, Manning could get hurt and make us all sad so let's just avoid it.
Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 03:49 PM   #40
Pick Six
Armchair Poster

Patriots are considered our biggest non-AFC West rival. I can't fathom losing to them, and giving Brady a chance to win their first post-Spygate SB...
Pick Six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 03:57 PM   #41
Br0nc0Buster
2013 AFC Champs

Oh........yea

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowtown View Post
But then we might not pick an all star player
And that would be embarrassing

Safest thing would be to trade all of our picks every year, or just have Bowlen sell the team

Can't get disappointed in the superbbowl if you don't have a team

Last edited by Br0nc0Buster; 07-16-2014 at 04:00 PM..
Br0nc0Buster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 04:15 PM   #42
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Who gives a **** if you lose the SB?
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 04:29 PM   #43
LikeABoss5820
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

SB loss and AFCCG win, easy, no questions asked.

Anyone saying anything different needs to get their head checked.
LikeABoss5820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 05:00 PM   #44
maher_tyler
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
AFCCG loss
That way we could listen to how much better Brady is than Manning that much more?? No thank you.
maher_tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 05:09 PM   #45
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeABoss5820 View Post
SB loss and AFCCG win, easy, no questions asked.

Anyone saying anything different needs to get their head checked.
quick, name the last ten SB losers besides the Broncos... I bet you gotta research it first whereas you can probably recollect the last 10 SB winners without much problem.

I don't give a flying **** about the Pats nor their fans. Sounds to me like more people here are scared of the Pats than of actually, yah know, winning the SB. In other words, the pats (and their fans) are in these Broncos fans head.

"hey look everyone, we beat the pats! THE PATRIOTS!!! HERPY DERP DERP!! WE'RE SO GREAT!!!!"

meh, get a life.
Old 07-16-2014, 05:16 PM   #46
DENVERDUI55
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
quick, name the last ten SB losers besides the Broncos... I bet you gotta research it first whereas you can probably recollect the last 10 SB winners without much problem.

I don't give a flying **** about the Pats nor their fans. Sounds to me like more people here are scared of the Pats than of actually, yah know, winning the SB. In other words, the pats (and their fans) are in these Broncos fans head.

"hey look everyone, we beat the pats! THE PATRIOTS!!! HERPY DERP DERP!! WE'RE SO GREAT!!!!"

meh, get a life.
I could actually name the losers too. I would have to think carefully about the winners and I would know who they beat. Panthers, niners, Colts, bears, Eagles, broncos, Pats2x, Cardinals, Seahawks. I may of missed one but I missed the winner too.

I watched the AFCC with my good friend who is from Boston and a bunch of other Pats fans. It would of been a nightmare if Denver lost.

Last edited by DENVERDUI55; 07-16-2014 at 08:32 PM..
DENVERDUI55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 05:18 PM   #47
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by maher_tyler View Post
That way we could listen to how much better Brady is than Manning that much more?? No thank you.
It was even less enjoyable reading a couple weeks ago that Bradshaw said if you want to lose SBs Peyton is your man.

Yes TB us a douche but it wasn't great to be reminded of the SB again.
Old 07-16-2014, 05:37 PM   #48
Action
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Isaiah Burse

Why even lose to the Patriots? Why not just rewind it back and lose to the Chargers? It's all the same right?

lol @ the losers mentality in here.
Action is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 05:40 PM   #49
ShiftyEyedWaterboy
Ring of Famer

Mr. Hockey

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brandon Perna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
Not scared of them just hate them. Like others have said, they've become our biggest rivals outside of the West. Especially since Manning came here.

I know its hard to watch our team get destroyed on the biggest stage, but I don't understand people saying they would prefer we didn't even get there. A game is a game, a loss is a loss, whether its by 1 point in the AFCCG or a **** load in the SB.

Even if we get owned, its one more game I get to watch the Broncos play. We were AFC Champions and representing the conference. That's quite an accomplishment even if we get blown out in the SB. Yet some people wish we didn't accomplish that?
ShiftyEyedWaterboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 05:44 PM   #50
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiftyEyedWaterboy View Post
Not scared of them just hate them. Like others have said, they've become our biggest rivals outside of the West. Especially since Manning came here.

I know its hard to watch our team get destroyed on the biggest stage, but I don't understand people saying they would prefer we didn't even get there. A game is a game, a loss is a loss, whether its by 1 point in the AFCCG or a **** load in the SB.

Even if we get owned, its one more game I get to watch the Broncos play. We were AFC Champions and representing the conference. That's quite an accomplishment even if we get blown out in the SB. Yet some people wish we didn't accomplish that?
Translation: winning another Lamar Hunt Trophy not real shabby.