The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 07-14-2014, 01:01 PM   #76
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
They are that cheap, but an arm and a leg to get them fixed.
Any "luxury" car is a arm and a leg to get fixed if you do not keep them up.
Most who buy them do not understand the cost of ownership.
Hell a Corvette and a Camaro cost to a ton to fix. If you buy something without keeping it up properly then it will cost you in the end.

It's like people who buy a Harley Davidson without researching the true cost of ownership, maintenance, up keep of the outside, insurance & etc.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 01:34 AM   #77
Guess Who
Rookie

Adopt-a-Bronco:
PMFM

Well, people saying the Dodge Challenger Hellcat was overpriced at $70,000 might be surprised to learn that the car is only going to cost $60,900

To me that sound slike a hell of a deal. Still cheaper than a Mercedes, Viper or Vette.

2015 Dodge Challenger Lineup Priced—Including 707-HP Hellcat

https://autos.yahoo.com/news/2015-do...172906117.html

Quote:
The 2015 Dodge Challenger Hellcat is the most powerful muscle car ever, and Chrysler has priced it at just $60,990, including destination.

If you haven't heard about the Hellcat, it takes Challenger SRT goodness and gives it a steroid injection—with the first-ever factory fitment of a supercharger on a Mopar muscle car, on a reengineered 6.2-liter Hemi engine, that can altogether belt out a whopping 707 horsepower and 650 pound-feet of torque.
Guess Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 02:32 AM   #78
Fedaykin
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guess Who View Post
Well, people saying the Dodge Challenger Hellcat was overpriced at $70,000 might be surprised to learn that the car is only going to cost $60,900

To me that sound slike a hell of a deal. Still cheaper than a Mercedes, Viper or Vette.
Apples and oranges. A vette/viper is not a muscle car. They are a special class of fast, powerful car designed with the ability to turn (i.e a sports car). I know, quite the radical idea for you mustang/challenger/camero aficionados =P

A $60,000 muscle car is... a complete waste of money regardless of the maker. The whole point of a muscle car is to get a high performance, low cost car using more or less "off the shelf" components. Meant for "spirited driving" and occasional drag racing (no turning required, woohoo!).

Once you start dropping the kind of money that would get you a real sports car... might as well get a real sports car.
Fedaykin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 06:19 AM   #79
Jay3
Solid Starter

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fedaykin View Post
Apples and oranges. A vette/viper is not a muscle car. They are a special class of fast, powerful car designed with the ability to turn (i.e a sports car). I know, quite the radical idea for you mustang/challenger/camero aficionados =P

A $60,000 muscle car is... a complete waste of money regardless of the maker. The whole point of a muscle car is to get a high performance, low cost car using more or less "off the shelf" components. Meant for "spirited driving" and occasional drag racing (no turning required, woohoo!).

Once you start dropping the kind of money that would get you a real sports car... might as well get a real sports car.
707 horses. Do you know how high that is for a stock car? Unheard of numbers for a regular model. I don't have the math, but that's some of the lowest dollars per horspower around.
Jay3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 07:22 AM   #80
Guess Who
Rookie

Adopt-a-Bronco:
PMFM

Here’s A Challenger SRT Hellcat Burnout To Celebrate Official $59,995 Price Tag: Video

This is a burnout. It may be the Platonic ideal of burnouts—the burnout all others aspire to be.

It’s also, it turns out, a burnout you can make your own for just $59,995. Full official pricing details for the whole 2015 Challenger range were released today from the 707-horsepower 2015 Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat's launch event.

The 2015 Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat is the most powerful muscle car ever, and it’s a screaming bargain too, priced from just $59,995.

That’s just $84.72 for each of the 707 horsepower, and you get a side of 650 pound-feet of torque for free.

Alongside the burnout bounty of the Hellcat, Dodge also announced pricing for the rest of the 2015 Challenger lineup. The SRT 392, with a not-at-all-shabby 485 horsepower, upgraded six-piston Brembo front brakes, three-mode adaptive suspension, and new Drive Modes function starts from $45,995.

The Challenger R/T leverages its 5.7-liter HEMI and new TorqueFlite eight-speed automatic transmission (or six speed manual) for a fair bit of fun at $38,495, while the R/T Scat Pack offers 6.4-liter HEMI power, and two new R/T Shaker models add a dose of retro style.

The more pedestrian 2015 Challenger SXT benefits from this year’s redesigned exterior, and while not a tire-shredder, still offers a balanced 305 horsepower and EPA 30 mpg highway. If you’re after a base challenger, that can start from as little as $26,995.

The 2015 Dodge Challenger range, including the Hellcat, arrives this year, from the third quarter of 2014.

Article and silly yahoo comments: https://autos.yahoo.com/news/challen...141924063.html

Last edited by Guess Who; 07-17-2014 at 07:24 AM..
Guess Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 08:03 AM   #81
SleepingTiger
Ring of Famer

Ole J

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tony Carter

hey, my acura is getting old (2007) and high in miles (105K), ive been wanting to buy a truck. I've been eyeing the Ram 1500 with the diesel engine. I heard it gets great gas mileage (25/28). does anyone know the deal with the new ram diesel? maybe i should stick with the f150 with the ecoboost. wanting to possibly tow a boat in the future.
SleepingTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 08:14 AM   #82
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmsanger View Post
Water is wet and ice is cold... Your statement is applicable to any vehicle.
His point is that as sports cars go these new muscle cars don't compare to a used one like a corvette. They just handle like a sports car should in many peoples opinions.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 09:34 AM   #83
ColoradoDarin
Not Too Shabby Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
T J Ward

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepingTiger View Post
hey, my acura is getting old (2007) and high in miles (105K), ive been wanting to buy a truck. I've been eyeing the Ram 1500 with the diesel engine. I heard it gets great gas mileage (25/28). does anyone know the deal with the new ram diesel? maybe i should stick with the f150 with the ecoboost. wanting to possibly tow a boat in the future.
lolwut?

My wife's Accord is getting old (1999) and high in miles (210K) and we're hoping to get another 5 or so years out of it.

My Pilot (2006, 90K) is just getting broke in.
ColoradoDarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 09:50 AM   #84
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guess Who View Post
Here’s A Challenger SRT Hellcat Burnout To Celebrate Official $59,995 Price Tag: Video

This is a burnout. It may be the Platonic ideal of burnouts—the burnout all others aspire to be.

It’s also, it turns out, a burnout you can make your own for just $59,995. Full official pricing details for the whole 2015 Challenger range were released today from the 707-horsepower 2015 Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat's launch event.

Article and silly yahoo comments: https://autos.yahoo.com/news/challen...141924063.html
I bet the insurance alone will make you think twice about buying it, not to mention the cost of all the rubber you will be replacing.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 10:02 AM   #85
SleepingTiger
Ring of Famer

Ole J

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tony Carter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoDarin View Post
lolwut?

My wife's Accord is getting old (1999) and high in miles (210K) and we're hoping to get another 5 or so years out of it.

My Pilot (2006, 90K) is just getting broke in.
damn guy, stop being so cheap and get your wife a new car. that accord needed to be replaced 5yrs ago.
SleepingTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 11:03 AM   #86
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

I always love the "my car is barely broken in" posts when they're on their 3rd or 4th set of brakes and tires,etc, the AC doesn't work and It has more dings and/or dents than the green monster.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 01:13 PM   #87
ColoradoDarin
Not Too Shabby Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
T J Ward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
I always love the "my car is barely broken in" posts when they're on their 3rd or 4th set of brakes and tires,etc, the AC doesn't work and It has more dings and/or dents than the green monster.
Yeah because maintaining a reliable car for a long time is way more expensive than buying new! Buy hey, we've almost got our mortgage paid off.
Old 07-17-2014, 01:20 PM   #88
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Quote:
Yeah because maintaining a reliable car for a long time is way more expensive than buying new! Buy hey, we've almost got our mortgage paid off.
Odd reply. Who said anything about cost comparisons?
Old 07-17-2014, 01:22 PM   #89
ColoradoDarin
Not Too Shabby Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
T J Ward

Quote:
Odd reply. Who said anything about cost comparisons?
Silly me, brakes and tires are free of course!
Old 07-17-2014, 01:33 PM   #90
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Quote:
Silly me, brakes and tires are free of course!
so you WEREN'T being sarcastic in your prior post?
Old 07-17-2014, 01:40 PM   #91
ColoradoDarin
Not Too Shabby Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
T J Ward

Quote:
so you WEREN'T being sarcastic in your prior post?
Who knew!??!
Old 07-17-2014, 02:23 PM   #92
Fedaykin
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay3 View Post
707 horses. Do you know how high that is for a stock car? Unheard of numbers for a regular model. I don't have the math, but that's some of the lowest dollars per horspower around.
Meh, it's an incremental improvement. Shelby's, etc. have been putting out 650+ for years. Certain limited edition Shelby (Shelby American 1000) models having between 900 and 1,300 hp stock (depending on model year, configuration and street legality).

And all at, like I said, a cost that will buy you a real sports car rather than a car that does only one thing well (go in a straight line).
Old 07-17-2014, 02:27 PM   #93
Fedaykin
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
My 2001 vehicle has only 75,000 on it. Should last another decade or more easily. Helps that my primary vehicle is a bicycle.
Old 07-17-2014, 03:03 PM   #94
Ironlung
Terminator

Snake Bitten

Quote:
Meh, it's an incremental improvement. Shelby's, etc. have been putting out 650+ for years. Certain limited edition Shelby (Shelby American 1000) models having between 900 and 1,300 hp stock (depending on model year, configuration and street legality).

And all at, like I said, a cost that will buy you a real sports car rather than a car that does only one thing well (go in a straight line).
Do you guys who keep bringing up this 'straight line' stuff have a road course available or something? When someone asks to race, do you tell the person to meet you at Laguna Seca?

Usually the ones who continually bring this up are the ones who can't outrun anyone in a 'straight line.'
Ironlung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 03:15 PM   #95
Ironlung
Terminator

Snake Bitten

Quote:

If you get a chance, check out a show called: Carroll Shelby: King of the Road. Shelby invites Lamborghini, Ferrari, Porsche, & Corvette, to a one lap ROAD COURSE race...The gt350 beat all of the above cars by FOUR SECONDS. Pretty impressive.
Ironlung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 03:44 PM   #96
Florida_Bronco
Ring of Famer

Coming Back Strong in 2014

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quinton Carter

Quote:
Originally Posted by txtebow View Post
Camaros and Mustangs are for BOYS...the Challenger is a MAN's MUSCLE car...Why you ask? a functional backseat, deep throaty exhaust from the factory and a usable trunk...The wife sends you out on a "honey do" run--you can still raise your testosterone level a few ng/dL in a Challenger and come back with the checklist complete.....That's what MEN do; get the job DONE and look good doing it.
So you rate your ideal performance car on its ability to do non-performance/womanly tasks?

Makes total sense.

Meanwhile, the real performance enthusiasts are buying the best performing cars and leaving the chore doing to their daily drivers.
Florida_Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 05:55 PM   #97
strafen

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Elway

Quote:
https://autos.yahoo.com/blogs/motora...153150501.html

If Dodge seemed to have taken a pause in the past couple of years while the old muscle-car rivalry between the Ford Mustang and Chevy Camaro reached new heights, it's making up for lost time with a quickness. Hot on revaling the 707-hp Dodge Challenger Hellcat for 2015, Dodge came forth today with an official proclamation: The Challenger Hellcat is the fastest factory muscle car to ever sprint a quarter-mile. Put that in your tires and smoke it.

That's awesome!
I'm a true gear head, love muscle cars, while I bleed chevy orange, I have an appreciation for true american muscle cars.
strafen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 05:59 PM   #98
strafen

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Elway

Quote:
Camaros and Mustangs are for BOYS...the Challenger is a MAN's MUSCLE car...Why you ask? a functional backseat, deep throaty exhaust from the factory and a usable trunk...The wife sends you out on a "honey do" run--you can still raise your testosterone level a few ng/dL in a Challenger and come back with the checklist complete.....That's what MEN do; get the job DONE and look good doing it.
Hahaha!!!
I don't know what to make of that comment, other than it's hilarious to say the least...
strafen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 07:47 PM   #99
Jay3
Solid Starter

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:

Those are modified. This has more horsepower than a GT500.

Amazing that stock cars are getting this powerful, and the price point is not surprising.

I've been watching Vanishing Point a lot on blu-ray lately, so I'm more into a Challenger kick. Though my first car was a 65 Mustang Fastback painted and modded to look like a Shelby GT350.
Jay3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 09:08 PM   #100
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Would anybody still consider a Corvette a muscle car or has it transcended into something more refined?

ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote