The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-06-2014, 10:19 PM   #26
ZONA
Ring of Famer
 
ZONA's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 10,760

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by extralife View Post
it's a zero sum game. wishbone teams don't suddenly decide they're going to be better at playing a spread offense, and peyton manning teams don't suddenly decide they're going to be a power running team. the running game exists within a philosophy and a game plan that is focused on certain passing principles, which themselves emphasize speed and execution of a few simple concepts.
Nobody is saying the Broncos are going to change to a power running team. Where has anybody been saying that? You're going to extremes to make your point, which I guess is, forget the run, let's just keep passing 70% of the time. There's absolutely nothing wrong with trying to improve our running game. We all know we're still going to pass more then we run and I'm not saying to change that nor do I think anybody in their right mind would. But we're saying let's get a little more balance going. Let's be able to run the ball a little more effectively. It's much harder to fight somebody when they have 2 arms then it is if they only have 1. Know what I mean.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 10:45 PM   #27
Kevin8Nine
Perennial Pro-bowler
 

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 939

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by delany View Post
With your sissy lingo and amazing logic and facts, you sound like and make as much sense as Cito.
Kevin8Nine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 12:10 AM   #28
Shananahan
Custom User Title
 
Shananahan's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 1,624
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
So we will get 9 in the SB now?

Nice. Gase would be wise to just work in silence and keep his mouth shut.
I think bowtown touched on it, but these guys are more or less contractually obligated to deal with the press and put out junk like this to keep the fluff rolling. The organization pretends to answer the questions and the reporter pretends to do any reporting. It's a charade.

Everybody hates this stuff, but it's silly to blame it on Gase.
Shananahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 05:45 AM   #29
2KBack
Rumblin' Bumblin'
 
2KBack's Avatar
 
Cake is delicious

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Wash DC
Posts: 8,099
Default

It was about a 60-40 split pass/run last year. That will likely be the same this year, the idea is to be more effective on those 40%.
2KBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 06:41 AM   #30
randerson1184
Camp Arm
 
randerson1184's Avatar
 
Super Bowl 49 champs or bust.

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: MS Gulf Coast
Posts: 698

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kayvon Webster
Default

Becoming more balanced on offense will be absolutely necessary. We won'tbecome a run 1st team a la the Minnesota Vikings while PFM is here, but a more effective run game will take lots of pressure off of him in the red zone, slow down pass rushes and (most importantly) set up play action.
randerson1184 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 07:03 AM   #31
CEH
Ring of Famer
 
CEH's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 4,327
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowtown View Post
Maybe if Gase had started with "anytime you have a guy..." or ended with "big time players make big time plays," he would have felt better about it. It's ironic that he's critical of Gase yet in love with a coach that never met a microphone he didn't have at least 3 vague and generic statements about getting better or winning now into.
"Good things will happen"
CEH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 07:24 AM   #32
ram40ut
Pro Bowler
 
ram40ut's Avatar
 
I am the danger

Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Chicago
Posts: 525

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

The run game sucked because of the same reason they had no inside pass rush protection. Soft physically. Some of it was because of injury, and you had a center that hadn't really had to do much until Seattle completely scouted and coached circles around Gase, and Fox. At some point you have to physically execute. Peyton covered a lot of deficiencies on the line and in the scheme IMO. Having said all that, no one saw The same team that shut down NE in the AFCCG being manhandled and not being able to get off the field on 6 consecutive 3rd downs by a second year garden gnome who won his job because the starter got hurt. As bad as the offense was they never had a chance because the defense was inept. I can go back to the 14 years at Indy and the two years at Denver, and there were exactly two games where Peyton wasn't his MVP self and they won. One was the first half against NE in the AFCCG, and the Super Bowl. It's impossible for one man to carry a team for 17 games.

Also, I don't think Seattle can't continue to beat people with pep talks and playing the disrespect card. I like SF to own them this year.
ram40ut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 08:08 AM   #33
randerson1184
Camp Arm
 
randerson1184's Avatar
 
Super Bowl 49 champs or bust.

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: MS Gulf Coast
Posts: 698

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kayvon Webster
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram40ut View Post
The run game sucked because of the same reason they had no inside pass rush protection. Soft physically. Some of it was because of injury, and you had a center that hadn't really had to do much until Seattle completely scouted and coached circles around Gase, and Fox. At some point you have to physically execute. Peyton covered a lot of deficiencies on the line and in the scheme IMO. Having said all that, no one saw The same team that shut down NE in the AFCCG being manhandled and not being able to get off the field on 6 consecutive 3rd downs by a second year garden gnome who won his job because the starter got hurt. As bad as the offense was they never had a chance because the defense was inept. I can go back to the 14 years at Indy and the two years at Denver, and there were exactly two games where Peyton wasn't his MVP self and they won. One was the first half against NE in the AFCCG, and the Super Bowl. It's impossible for one man to carry a team for 17 games.

Also, I don't think Seattle can't continue to beat people with pep talks and playing the disrespect card. I like SF to own them this year.
Agreed on physicality, but I think Ramirez and Vasquez are pretty solid starters going forward. The more I see of Beadles on NFL replay, the less I like him. Franklin was very physically outplayed in the SB. Dude got ragdolled on a couple of 3 man rushes. Moving him to left guard and taking Beadles out of the picture will make tons of difference. Chris Clark isn't quite the run blocker that Franklin is, but I'm willing to exchange that for better pass protection on the outside. I think we'll have a much more physical line this season.

Also, I think SF & Seattle split the series with each winning at home. SF seems to do a good job of containing Wilson.
randerson1184 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 08:09 AM   #34
Kaylore
4 time AFCW Champs
 
Kaylore's Avatar
 
12 straight road division wins

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ceti Alpha V
Posts: 47,269

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin8Nine View Post
Watch Google notify Taco he's posting child porn.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 08:32 AM   #35
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter
 
Beantown Bronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Mass
Posts: 20,586

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater
Default

I'd love to know where this myth came along that said you can't win the time of possession and keep the defense fresh if you pass the ball as much as the Broncos did last year.

Fact: the Broncos were in the top 10 in TOP last year.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 09:26 AM   #36
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer
 
Tombstone RJ's Avatar
 
Old School

Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: In the Tetons!
Posts: 22,309

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by extralife View Post
it's a zero sum game. wishbone teams don't suddenly decide they're going to be better at playing a spread offense, and peyton manning teams don't suddenly decide they're going to be a power running team. the running game exists within a philosophy and a game plan that is focused on certain passing principles, which themselves emphasize speed and execution of a few simple concepts.
I clicked on the link and read the article, it's short. But basically Gase agrees with me.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 11:37 AM   #37
DarkHorse30
Smith Rules
 
DarkHorse30's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 2,269

Adopt-a-Bronco:
wolf pot roast
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowtown View Post
All depends on health. If this team is healthy it will be tough to stop on both sides.
Bingo. Stop to think what Denver did last year WITHOUT 1/4 of it's best players for much if not all of the season.....if Seattle doesn't have Sherman, the don't even get to the NFC Championship. I would LOVE to play Seattle again in the SB with ALL of our guys. The score would be flipped and we would win.
DarkHorse30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:00 PM.


Denver Broncos