The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 07-06-2014, 11:40 AM   #1
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris
Default UFC 175 thoughts

I was really hoping to see Weidman vs Belfort in 175 but that didn't happen. Belfort needs to get his **** together so he can fight in Nevada.

Some really good fights last night but I was amazed at how fast Rhonda took care of business and a big shout goes out to her for her first win without a submission. I was at the bar, looked away for 5 seconds and I hear the entire bar shouting. I couldn't believe it was over that fast.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-06-2014, 11:50 AM   #2
Bronco
Perennial Pro-bowler

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Talib

I didn't watch it live, I just woke up and watched them on youtube or highlights but rousy is way too dominant for her own weight class and gender, its going to take a big bull dyke on a few years cycles of hgh to take her belt away..

The other main fight went perfectly, weidman is easily the most likable guy in the sport and always has class and good sportsmanship. Everyone thought the silva fights might have been flukes and weidman was going to get worked but he did good.
Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 12:40 PM   #3
OBF1
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Marvin Austin

The main and Co-main events did not disappoint. Rousy is hands down just the best female fighter the UFC has ever seen, no one can beat her at this time. The main event was a battle and a great fight. Enough punishment to go around for both fighters. I think the decision was correct, basically 3 rounds to 2 for the champ. Both of them are feeling the hurt today.
OBF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 03:00 PM   #4
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

I'm guessing Rousy won't be fighting in August. She said she has that knee surgery coming up but she also got a bad knuckle gash and won't be able to punch during training for I'm guessing a few months while that heals up as well as the knee. The only big time fight people want to see in Women's MMA is Rousy vs Kat. Kat is the real deal, she messed up Tate pretty bad. We all know Cyborg is on roids and won't fight in the UFC.

I also agree Weidman won that fight. He was starting to wear down though in the last round. Machida has excellent endurance. But Machida did the right thing moving down in weight. There was no way he was going to beat Jones.
Old 07-06-2014, 03:02 PM   #5
Lycan
Omelette Dreamer

Rousey is elite, there's no questioning that. What I do question is the level of competition UFC has brought in for her.

I think they are perfectly happy for her to rule over the women's division, becoming more and more marketable.

Belfort's issues are disappointing. The way he's looked recently I think he would have destroyed Weidman.

Last edited by Lycan; 07-07-2014 at 04:10 PM..
Lycan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 03:07 PM   #6
Chrissy Rules
Ring of Famer

Git er done

Adopt-a-Bronco:
PM OF COURSE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lycan View Post
Rousy is elite, there's no questioning that. What I do question is the level of competition UFC has brought in for her.

I think they are perfectly happy for her to rule over the women's division, becoming more and more marketable.

Belfort's issues are disappointing. The way he's looked recently I think he would have destroyed Weidman.
Is there any competition out there for her..I don't think so..shes a tuff chic..probably could kick quite a few dudes arses too..
Chrissy Rules is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 03:26 PM   #7
Lycan
Omelette Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissy Rules View Post
Is there any competition out there for her..I don't think so..shes a tuff chic..probably could kick quite a few dudes arses too..
Is there anyone who can beat her right now? Maybe not, she is unreal.

But there had better be someone that can actually make a fight of it. You can't have a division that is literally one fighter.

How long can Rousey destroying people who obviously shouldn't even be in the cage with her keep the fans attention?

Last edited by Lycan; 07-07-2014 at 04:10 PM..
Lycan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 03:47 PM   #8
Kevin8Nine
Kevin Ate Nine

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I know I'm going to get flamed for this.... but the first season of UFC was the only UFC worth watching. Back when you could see a 500 LB Sumo Wrestler Vs. a 90 LB 5th degree black belt in tae kwon do. That is entertainment. I'd pay $50 per fight to watch that.

I don't see how watching two dudes who are the same height and weight and skill set is fun to watch. Who cares who wins?
Kevin8Nine is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 03:52 PM   #9
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissy Rules View Post
He would have to be one very scrawny dude for that to happen. Pound for pound women are at a HUGE disadvantage from men when it comes to physical performance.

Comparing a female athlete to a male athlete of the same height and weight.

* Women have 20% fewer red blood cells then men, which means they fatigue faster
* Women have 25-30 percent smaller lungs then men, which means they can't get as much oxygen to muscles
* Women on average have 40-60 percent less upper body strength to men
* Women on average have 30-50 percent less lower body strength to men
* Men naturally have leaner more efficient muscle
* The skeletal bones in a man are more dense then in a woman

So even though Ronda has a great physique and no doubt she's strong, for the size of her muscles, they're still 40-60 percent weaker then that of a man the same size.

It is what it is. But there's no doubt she could take baja......and probably Kahn too, since he's low T, hahaha.

Just messin - she's a tough chic. I have a good feeling though that Kat will give her a great fight, whenever that happens. Hopefully late this year. maybe in UFC 177 or something. We'll see. I like Ronda but I'll be pulling for Kat since she's from CO.
Old 07-06-2014, 03:58 PM   #10
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin8Nine View Post
I know I'm going to get flamed for this.... but the first season of UFC was the only UFC worth watching. Back when you could see a 500 LB Sumo Wrestler Vs. a 90 LB 5th degree black belt in tae kwon do. That is entertainment. I'd pay $50 per fight to watch that.

I don't see how watching two dudes who are the same height and weight and skill set is fun to watch. Who cares who wins?
4real? Who cares? Millions of fans do. We love to watch fights and evenly matched fights. Because anything can happen, you just never know. It comes down to skill and endurance. I don't want to watch some 300 pound fat slob fall on top of some little man. They probably changed all that crap because people got bored with it after a few fights.
Old 07-06-2014, 03:59 PM   #11
Chrissy Rules
Ring of Famer

Git er done

Adopt-a-Bronco:
PM OF COURSE

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZONA View Post
He would have to be one very scrawny dude for that to happen. Pound for pound women are at a HUGE disadvantage from men when it comes to physical performance.

* Women have 20% fewer red blood cells then men, which means they fatigue faster
* Women have 25-30 percent smaller lungs then men, which means they can't get as much oxygen to muscles

So even though Ronda has a great physique and no doubt she's strong, for the size of her muscles, they're still 40-60 percent weaker then that of a man the same size.

It is what it is. But there's no doubt she could take baja......and probably Kahn too, since he's low T, hahaha.

Just messin - she's a tough chic. I have a good feeling though that Kat will give her a great fight, whenever that happens. Hopefully late this year. maybe in UFC 177 or something. We'll see. I like Ronda but I'll be pulling for Kat since she's from CO.
hehehehehe leave Baja alone..hehehehehe..
I would like to see Rousy get beat too but she's a Hoss dude..I don't know..
Old 07-06-2014, 04:01 PM   #12
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

I don't know why I keep calling her Kat, when it's Cat. I always get that messed up. Here's her highlights. She's badass.
Old 07-06-2014, 08:29 PM   #13
Enter The Dragon
Still Not A Playa

Football Jesus

Adopt-a-Bronco:
T.J. Ward

Quote:
I don't know why I keep calling her Kat, when it's Cat. I always get that messed up. Here's her highlights. She's badass.
Its gonna be a while till someone beats Rousey. If Machida didnt run for 3 rounds he may have gotten a decision. Def not enough power to knock out Wiedman with striking though. Nice takedown D, but he needed to land a shocking kick to the head. Nice to see Weidman tested. Cant stand him.
Enter The Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 09:09 PM   #14
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enter The Dragon View Post
Its gonna be a while till someone beats Rousey. If Machida didnt run for 3 rounds he may have gotten a decision. Def not enough power to knock out Wiedman with striking though. Nice takedown D, but he needed to land a shocking kick to the head. Nice to see Weidman tested. Cant stand him.
I don't get it with the hate Weidman gets. I mean, the dudes not cocky inside or outside the ring. He respects all of his opponents. He's a good fighter. What's to hate?
Old 07-06-2014, 09:09 PM   #15
Enter The Dragon
Still Not A Playa

Football Jesus

Adopt-a-Bronco:
T.J. Ward

Quote:

Ive been want to see her fight Faber. Rotf
Enter The Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 09:45 PM   #16
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

Quote:
I don't get it with the hate Weidman gets. I mean, the dudes not cocky inside or outside the ring. He respects all of his opponents. He's a good fighter. What's to hate?
The hate is due to everyone knowing that he beat Silva once due to Silva dicking around and the other time due to Silva breaking his leg.
He is a paper champion to most.
if it was he and Silva duking it out and going full boar and he beat him then it wouldn't be nearly as bad.

It's not his fault, just circumstances.

As far as Rousey goes. She is the unquestioned best in her sport.
Only 3 real big fights for her left. Cat, Cyborg and Carano.
Cyborg is a roided up freak and Carano is making movies and her reps are asking a lot to get her back in a fighting cage.

She is one bad chick and might go on a tear the type that only Silva or Jones has really seen.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 10:08 PM   #17
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
The hate is due to everyone knowing that he beat Silva once due to Silva dicking around and the other time due to Silva breaking his leg.
He is a paper champion to most.
if it was he and Silva duking it out and going full boar and he beat him then it wouldn't be nearly as bad.

It's not his fault, just circumstances.

As far as Rousey goes. She is the unquestioned best in her sport.
Only 3 real big fights for her left. Cat, Cyborg and Carano.
Cyborg is a roided up freak and Carano is making movies and her reps are asking a lot to get her back in a fighting cage.

She is one bad chick and might go on a tear the type that only Silva or Jones has really seen.
I see it a different way. Silva showed a weak chin. No doubt he was a great champion and after losing was very gracious in defeat. But you still have to show respect where it matters most, inside the octagon. And before he knocked Silva out, you can't just disregard the fact that Weidman was winning that fight even before the knock out. And Weidman was also winning the 2nd fight before Silva broke his leg. I'm pretty sure that belt around Weidman's waist isn't made of paper.

I guess Carano is thinking seriously of a comeback from what I've read and hear. It's been 5 years since she last won a fight. That's a long time. She's going on 33. I don't know, I don't see it happening. Cyborg made that huge mistake a few years ago. White had the fight all set up and she declined. Then she got busted for PED's, served a suspension. She's been clean the last 3 fights so I don't know. It could still happen. White can be kinda anal though sometimes. He hates Ortiz, which was Cyborgs manager there for awhile. But Ortiz stepped down because he didn't want anything to stop Cybord from getting a chance. The fans still say they want to see Rousy vs Cyborg. If it happened, it could be the main card. I'd LOVE to see that fight.
Old 07-06-2014, 10:21 PM   #18
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Quote:
I see it a different way. Silva showed a weak chin. No doubt he was a great champion and after losing was very gracious in defeat. But you still have to show respect where it matters most, inside the octagon. And before he knocked Silva out, you can't just disregard the fact that Weidman was winning that fight even before the knock out. And Weidman was also winning the 2nd fight before Silva broke his leg. I'm pretty sure that belt around Weidman's waist isn't made of paper.

I guess Carano is thinking seriously of a comeback from what I've read and hear. It's been 5 years since she last won a fight. That's a long time. She's going on 33. I don't know, I don't see it happening. Cyborg made that huge mistake a few years ago. White had the fight all set up and she declined. Then she got busted for PED's, served a suspension. She's been clean the last 3 fights so I don't know. It could still happen. White can be kinda anal though sometimes. He hates Ortiz, which was Cyborgs manager there for awhile. But Ortiz stepped down because he didn't want anything to stop Cybord from getting a chance. The fans still say they want to see Rousy vs Cyborg. If it happened, it could be the main card. I'd LOVE to see that fight.
We are talking about perception, not reality.
That is the reason he gets the hate.
It's not his fault, just the circumstances.

He was winning the fight in both cases against Silva but he has not claimed a truly decisive victory over Silva in most fans eyes.
This is no different than any other time when a legend who was deemed unbeatable was defeated.
It happened when Larry Holmes beat Ali. It's happened many other times.
If you are perceived as not beating the person at the absolute top of their game then it tends to dilute your victory.

Yes you are the champion, but no one really cares and is just waiting for someone to beat you.
This is the reality that he is now living in.
Old 07-06-2014, 10:33 PM   #19
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
We are talking about perception, not reality.
That is the reason he gets the hate.
It's not his fault, just the circumstances.

He was winning the fight in both cases against Silva but he has not claimed a truly decisive victory over Silva in most fans eyes.
This is no different than any other time when a legend who was deemed unbeatable was defeated.
It happened when Larry Holmes beat Ali. It's happened many other times.
If you are perceived as not beating the person at the absolute top of their game then it tends to dilute your victory.

Yes you are the champion, but no one really cares and is just waiting for someone to beat you.
This is the reality that he is now living in.
None the less, I could understand somebody not giving him respect maybe, saying it was kinda lucky how it all went down. But to say you hate somebody for how that all went down is pretty harsh. Doesn't matter, alot of fans hate Rousy too, for different reasons, but a great deal of them really don't like her. This last fight was really the only time I've heard them cheering her on, and maybe half of that was because it was such a fast and impressive finish. Most fans are idiots though. The cage is ground zero, anything can happen in there. Champions don't last forever. I think it's pointless to hate on Weidman when it was Silva who was being the clown in the octagon. If you want to hate on somebody, hate on that stupid clowning around some of them do in there. If anything, Weidman was a class act and agreed to a rematch. He gave Silva another chance. Same thing, he was winning the fight and checked a kick and apparently, Silva's chin isn't the only thing made of glass, lol. It's all good though. If he keeps winning, people will come around. He just beat Machida who is absolutely no slouch at all. That dude was a former champion and is still badass. You know, I actually think MacDonald could come up to that weight class. His frame could easily hold more weight. We'll see though. He'll get his shot at the title here later this year or early next year and he's a guy that could really fight in 2 classes. I like how he fights.
Old 07-06-2014, 10:36 PM   #20
Chrissy Rules
Ring of Famer

Git er done

Adopt-a-Bronco:
PM OF COURSE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lycan View Post
Is there anyone who can beat her right now? Maybe not, she is unreal.

But there had better be someone that can actually make a fight of it. You can't have a division that is literally one fighter.

How long can Rousy destroying people who obviously shouldn't even be in the cage with her keep the fans attention?
I said the same thing about Ric Flair..
Old 07-06-2014, 10:36 PM   #21
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Quote:
None the less, I could understand somebody not giving him respect maybe, saying it was kinda lucky how it all went down. But to say you hate somebody for how that all went down is pretty harsh. Doesn't matter, alot of fans hate Rousy too, for different reasons, but a great deal of them really don't like her. This last fight was really the only time I've heard them cheering her on, and maybe half of that was because it was such a fast and impressive finish. Most fans are idiots though. The cage is ground zero, anything can happen in there. Champions don't last forever. I think it's pointless to hate on Weidman when it was Silva who was being the clown in the octagon. If you want to hate on somebody, hate on that stupid clowning around some of them do in there. If anything, Weidman was a class act and agreed to a rematch. He gave Silva another chance. Same thing, he was winning the fight and checked a kick and apparently, Silva's chin isn't the only thing made of glass, lol. It's all good though. If he keeps winning, people will come around. He just beat Machida who is absolutely no slouch at all. That dude was a former champion and is still badass. You know, I actually think MacDonald could come up to that weight class. His frame could easily hold more weight. We'll see though. He'll get his shot at the title here later this year or early next year and he's a guy that could really fight in 2 classes. I like how he fights.
Rousey gets hated on because she's cocky and some fans want to see her get whooped to humble her.
Similar to how they dislike Bones Jones.
Her issues with Tate are what really make the fans dislike her but Tate is overrated. She is however a fan favorite and considered to be somewhat of a sweethart.
Old 07-07-2014, 10:03 AM   #22
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Rousey gets hated on because she's cocky and some fans want to see her get whooped to humble her.
Similar to how they dislike Bones Jones.
Her issues with Tate are what really make the fans dislike her but Tate is overrated. She is however a fan favorite and considered to be somewhat of a sweethart.
Yeah, I would agree most of the hate Rousy gets is because she simply won't let go of that whole Tate issues. She's also a tad jealous that Tate is one of the hottest women in sports. You think women are competitive in the ring, they're probably more competitive outside the ring in social circles and who gets to be the glam queen.

Last edited by ZONA; 07-07-2014 at 10:06 AM..
Old 07-07-2014, 03:13 PM   #23
91BRONCO
Seasoned Veteran

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
4real? Who cares? Millions of fans do. We love to watch fights and evenly matched fights. Because anything can happen, you just never know. It comes down to skill and endurance. I don't want to watch some 300 pound fat slob fall on top of some little man. They probably changed all that crap because people got bored with it after a few fights.

I see both sides of the argument and find entertainment value with each.

Let's be real though- it got changed because it was a bloodsport that could no longer find play on television.

I can't watch fights where somebody get's their hands on the other and essentially just lays on them for the "win". It goes both ways but the "Ulimate" part of fighting has been watered down. Not saying it was perfect the other way, but it's more about getting sanctioned/television viewing.

My .02
91BRONCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 03:16 PM   #24
91BRONCO
Seasoned Veteran

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Yeah, I would agree most of the hate Rousy gets is because she simply won't let go of that whole Tate issues. She's also a tad jealous that Tate is one of the hottest women in sports. You think women are competitive in the ring, they're probably more competitive outside the ring in social circles and who gets to be the glam queen.
Agreed. I think it also has a lot to do with how the public views Rousy after the curtain was pulled back on her life via TUF. She may be a great fighter but it seems like she is a petty vindictive person- maybe that's what it takes to be great though

Personally, I can't wait for her first loss- I think she deserves it at this point....
91BRONCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 03:30 PM   #25
Kaylore
Because I am better

Everything

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Rousey has an "e" in her name. I don't even watch UFC and I knew that.
Kaylore is online now   Reply With Quote