The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 07-05-2014, 05:55 PM   #26
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maleficent View Post
Not long ago, my sister was driving to work somewhere in downtown and the speed limit was 45. She was driving at 40 and drove past an officer's car. She got pulled over and couldn't understand why. Douchebag cop said next time don't pass an officer. She was dumbfounded.

CHP are the worst.
Hopefully she fought the ticket. Not only was his reasoning wrong, he has to prove she was going at an unsafe speed for that area and time it occurred. She could have been going 50 in a 45 here in California and he still would need to prove she was at an unsafe speed.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 06:04 PM   #27
randerson1184
Camp Arm

Super Bowl 49 champs or bust.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kayvon Webster

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
Hopefully she fought the ticket. Not only was his reasoning wrong, he has to prove she was going at an unsafe speed for that area and time it occurred. She could have been going 50 in a 45 here in California and he still would need to prove she was at an unsafe speed.
Wow. I like that part of the law.

I swear some of these speed limits are absurdly low to the point of obviously being revenue traps.
randerson1184 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 06:30 PM   #28
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf

Eat greedy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

Ugh... another a-hole cop thread.

The department said they wont make a comment until the know the full details. Which is a dick thing to say, because it presumes that there is a possible situation where this kind of behavior from a police officer is acceptable.
Mogulseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 06:37 PM   #29
ColoradoDarin
Not Too Shabby Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
T J Ward

A possible solution

Quote:
Take the city of Rialto, California, for instance. In February 2012, the city’s 70 police officers had to take part in a controlled study, obligating them to wear a tiny camera that filmed all their interactions with the public. The results were incredible: In the first year of the cameras’ introduction, complaints against Rialto police officers fell by 88%, while use of force by officers fell by almost 60%.

“When you put a camera on a police officer, they tend to behave a little better, follow the rules a little better,” Rialto Police Chief William A. Farrar told the New York Times. “And if a citizen knows the officer is wearing a camera, chances are the citizen will behave a little better.”
ColoradoDarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 06:52 PM   #30
Gutless Drunk
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoDarin View Post
The Tucson Cop evidently was wearing one -

The police department in Tucson, Ariz. has released raw video footage from the camera police officer Joel Mann was wearing when he brutally pummeled a female student who was walking innocuously just off the campus of the University of Arizona.

The newly-released footage – and other, cell phone-taken video of the same incident from a different perspective – was taken on Saturday, March 29.

Turns out, Mann’s body-worn camera shows that the brutal cop was involved in a similar incident where he attacked a defenseless woman just eight minutes earlier.

http://news.yahoo.com/tucson-police-...171804635.html
Gutless Drunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 04:18 PM   #31
Maleficent
Dame Jolie

Moors

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
Thanks calijohn. He gave her a warning and told her to not drive pass an officer again.
Maleficent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 04:22 PM   #32
Maleficent
Dame Jolie

Moors

He punched an elderly woman.
Family wants officer held accountable in beating

LOS ANGELES (AP) — The California Highway Patrol has vowed to carry out a thorough investigation after a video emerged of one of its officers repeatedly punching a woman he had pinned down on the side of a Los Angeles freeway.

The woman had been walking on Interstate 10 west of downtown Los Angeles, endangering herself and people in traffic, and the officer was trying to restrain her, CHP Assistant Chief Chris O'Quinn said at a news conference. O'Quinn said the woman had begun walking off the freeway but returned when the confrontation occurred.
The video shows the woman struggling and trying to sit up while the officer punches her in the face and head until an off-duty law enforcement officer appears and helps him handcuff her.

Passing Driver David Diaz recorded the Tuesday incident and provided it to media outlets including The Associated Press. He told the AP in a phone interview Friday that he arrived as the woman was walking off the freeway. He said she turned around only after the officer shouted something to her.
"He agitated the situation more than helped it," said Diaz, who started filming soon after.

Los Angeles attorney Caree Harper said the woman's family wants authorities held accountable for "beating a great-grandmother in broad daylight." She declined to disclose the woman's name or answer questions about what the woman was doing along the edge of one of the city's busiest freeways.

In this July 1, 2014 image made from video provided by motorist David Diaz, a California Highway Pat …

She is undergoing psychiatric evaluation, authorities said.
"We want the focus to be what he was doing to her, not what she was doing" prior to the confrontation, said Harper, who said she is representing the family. "She was getting beat like an animal. No one should ever be beat like that."
The officer is on administrative leave while the patrol investigates. He has not been identified.

The video caught the attention of local civil rights leaders, who expressed shock and outrage at their own news conference.
"Speaking for the women of this community, we are angry, we are upset," said Lita Herron of the Youth Advocacy Coalition.

In this July 1, 2014 image made from video provided by motorist David Diaz, a California Highway Pat …

O'Quinn said the CHP would answer community concerns and that an investigative team already has been assembled and has begun its work.
"We are known as an agency that really polices itself," O'Quinn said.
Community activist Earl Ofari Hutchinson, speaking at the local leaders' news conference, agreed.
"Over the years, CHP has had a very good track record in terms of community relations," Hutchinson said. "That's why this was so shocking."
O'Quinn said the incident report listed no injuries for the woman, who would not give her name.

O'Quinn said he could not say what prompted the officer to act as he did. But he noted California Highway Patrol officers have a heightened sense of the dangers of being on the freeway compared with a citizen "who is not accustomed to the speed and conditions," especially outside of a car.

"The most dangerous thing that we face is traffic," O'Quinn said.

http://news.yahoo.com/family-wants-o...213153608.html
Maleficent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 04:39 PM   #33
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

I think it's great that we closed all the government mental hospitals and gave all the mentally ill their freedom, so they could live on our streets.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 04:55 PM   #34
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
I think it's great that we closed all the government mental hospitals and gave all the mentally ill their freedom, so they could live on our streets.
Well the cops have to have some people wandering around aimlessly to beat on don't they.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 05:09 PM   #35
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoDarin View Post
Absolutely! The cops should be taped in everything they do while on the job (unless it's some kind of covert sting operation or whatever). This will not only protect the public from abuse, but also the cops.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 05:10 PM   #36
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gutless Drunk View Post
The Tucson Cop evidently was wearing one -

The police department in Tucson, Ariz. has released raw video footage from the camera police officer Joel Mann was wearing when he brutally pummeled a female student who was walking innocuously just off the campus of the University of Arizona.

The newly-released footage – and other, cell phone-taken video of the same incident from a different perspective – was taken on Saturday, March 29.

Turns out, Mann’s body-worn camera shows that the brutal cop was involved in a similar incident where he attacked a defenseless woman just eight minutes earlier.

http://news.yahoo.com/tucson-police-...171804635.html
The FBI is investigating him also, for civil rights violations. Sounds like Tucson has a real winner down there. Safe to say that POS won't be patrolling much longer.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 09:27 PM   #37
TD4HOF
Perennial Pro-bowler

He's Better Than MJ!!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bowlen’s Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZONA View Post
Not sure I agree but I did get pulled over last week by the biggest A-hole cop that I've ever talked with. I was at a T intersection behind him and he was not turning right on red, even though there was no sign posted so it was totally legal to do so. So I honked at him twice. Light turned green and we both turned right and we only go about 100 feet and he slams his breaks on and of course I have to slam mine on so I don't hit him. He get in the right lane, then pulls behind me and turns his lights on. Gets out of the car and tells me I've giving him a bumper enema. I've never even heard of that so I say what the hell is that. Long story short, he goes back to his car to check my insurance and all that ****. Decides to write me a ticket for following too close, which is BS, he slammed on his brakes to force that. I told him his ticket was BS and I wasn't going to pay a red cent of it. We exchanged a bit more and he finally left. I've never talked to cops that way before but what he did was lame.
You honked at a marked cop car?! ...hey you got gumption.
TD4HOF is offline   Reply With Quote