The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-26-2014, 06:58 PM   #51
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU
 
DBroncos4life's Avatar
 
Bacon bits

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The wrong side of right.
Posts: 28,794

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"
Default

They should have said who cares what the offense does during the big game because this D will just win it anyways.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 07:25 PM   #52
baja
Happy camper
 
baja's Avatar
 
Sweet

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 60,013

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdissette View Post
our running game is a huge reason we struggled last year....and we havent improved the position this year....hillman is worthless people just think fast equals good and im sorry the guy is 150lbs wet.....cj hasnt done anything outside of practice and until he does ill assume theres a reason for that....ball doesnt have the game breaking vision yet and no way to know if he ever will.....if we dont drastically improve running the ball we dont stand a chance to win the SB this year.....all that being said....our defense is gonna be epic this year.
That is the way I see it too except I think Ball will step up. I expect him to be a beast this season and that is the reason we did not draft a RB (IMO)

I also have not given up on Hillman and CJ has sparked my interest.


I think we are going to have that solid running game we sorely need. If gase is the coach he needs to be he will make Manning lean on the running game more.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 07:35 PM   #53
Chrissy Rules
Ring of Famer
 
Chrissy Rules's Avatar
 
Git er done

Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Peyton's Place
Posts: 3,728

Adopt-a-Bronco:
PM OF COURSE
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
That is the way I see it too except I think Ball will step up. I expect him to be a beast this season and that is the reason we did not draft a RB (IMO)

I also have not given up on Hillman and CJ has sparked my interest.


I think we are going to have that solid running game we sorely need. If gase is the coach he needs to be he will make Manning lean on the running game more.
this will be the only time I go against Peyton..Peyton will do what it takes to win games but he is VERY much a passer..always has been since his college days..he has to trust his guys for the running game..you saw this past year the fumbles that were had..Peyton has to get his guys in sinc or he won't run it as much as maybe he should..been a fan of him for a very long time..thats the way he has always rolled..sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't ..
Chrissy Rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 07:42 PM   #54
Kevin8Nine
Kevin Ate Nine
 
Kevin8Nine's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 557

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
The greatest offense of all time completely **** the bed when it mattered, so "on paper" musings do little for me now.
Manning looks better on paper than Brady Quinn.





We played all of these girly AFC teams all season. SD and NE in the playoffs. Got to the superbowl and BAM. They bullied us.

This year we will be playing SF and SEA in the regular season, 2 teams likely we will see in the superbowl if we make it. We will be ready this time for the noise and physicality.


How things look on paper does matter. We are all just butt hurt from the ass whooping we received in feb.
Kevin8Nine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 07:50 PM   #55
baja
Happy camper
 
baja's Avatar
 
Sweet

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 60,013

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin8Nine View Post
Manning looks better on paper than Brady Quinn.





We played all of these girly AFC teams all season. SD and NE in the playoffs. Got to the superbowl and BAM. They bullied us.

This year we will be playing SF and SEA in the regular season, 2 teams likely we will see in the superbowl if we make it. We will be ready this time for the noise and physicality.


How things look on paper does matter. We are all just butt hurt from the ass whooping we received in feb.
Nice post!

Post more!
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 08:51 PM   #56
Old Dude
Super Moderator
 
Old Dude's Avatar
 
Consultant

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: DIA Tunnels
Posts: 14,910
Default

The running game was definitely a problem in the Super Bowl. Teams had luck with the run against the Seahawks when they went all out with their speed rushers. Denver had none.

I don't put all the blame on the RBs. The line, especially the left side, where we insisted on running, couldn't create a hole. Clark wasn't up to it and Beadles was never a very good straight-ahead blocker. Manram was rattled from the opening snap and probably played his worst game of the year.

I'll admit that it didn't help that Moreno was playing with banged-up ribs.

Personally, I'm still a little concerned. Clady's return should help a lot and I expect much more out of Ball this year, but CJ is still a question and I haven't seen Hillman do anything to justify being drafted at all - let alone in the 3rd round.
Old Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 09:03 PM   #57
bowtown
Ring of Famer
 
bowtown's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 10,340

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Aaron Brewer
Default

I predict we will see Sanders occasionally line up in the backfield, take some outside pitches, the occasional reverse and a lot of screens. With his speed, it wouldn't surprise me at all to see him used a lot as a running game tool and decoy to keep defenses on their toes. I think he could fill the role of a poor man's Percy Harvin.
bowtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 09:32 PM   #58
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer
 
BroncoMan4ever's Avatar
 
That's just like your opinion, man

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Denver
Posts: 13,371

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
Ware excites me as much as, or far more than, any of that.
I'm with you on that. A guy who can potentially lead the league in sacks and add an element to the front 4 we haven't seen in years is just awesome to think about.
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 09:34 PM   #59
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer
 
BroncoMan4ever's Avatar
 
That's just like your opinion, man

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Denver
Posts: 13,371

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
All eleven players on O must preform at a high level to be an awesome offense

Players that did not do that;

Moreno

Ball

Manning

Franklin

O line in general.

It's not all on Manning.
The only guy on offense that showed up was DT. Everyone else played like the win was guaranteed and the game was just a break in the celebration.
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 03:58 PM   #60
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer
 
Tombstone RJ's Avatar
 
Old School

Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: In the Tetons!
Posts: 22,120

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoDarin View Post
Absolutely no one is saying the defense didn't give up drives and couldn't get off the field on 3rd downs. But then again, this wasn't billed as the BEST DEFENSE IN THE HISTORY OF THE NFL.

What the D did do, was hold their offense out of the end zone long enough for the best ever offense to get their **** together and put a ****ing drive together. The best offense in the history of the NFL couldn't do that.
that's my point, when your offense craps the bed (as in the SB) the defense has to be the difference. The Broncos had a historic offense right up until the SB where it was a joke. And no, the defense was NOT good either.

You win championships with defense. See Seattle. Thanks.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 05:38 PM   #61
Cito Pelon
Attack at all times . . .
 
Cito Pelon's Avatar
 
Not2Shabby County Seat

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: AFC Championshipville, NotTooShabby County
Posts: 16,397

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowtown View Post
I predict we will see Sanders occasionally line up in the backfield, take some outside pitches, the occasional reverse and a lot of screens. With his speed, it wouldn't surprise me at all to see him used a lot as a running game tool and decoy to keep defenses on their toes. I think he could fill the role of a poor man's Percy Harvin.
That would require an offense that huddles. Peyton can't call a play like that from the LOS. We'll see how much no huddle gets used this year, I'd like to see a more structured huddle offense.
Cito Pelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 05:48 PM   #62
Cito Pelon
Attack at all times . . .
 
Cito Pelon's Avatar
 
Not2Shabby County Seat

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: AFC Championshipville, NotTooShabby County
Posts: 16,397

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
that's my point, when your offense craps the bed (as in the SB) the defense has to be the difference. The Broncos had a historic offense right up until the SB where it was a joke. And no, the defense was NOT good either.

You win championships with defense. See Seattle. Thanks.
Eh, the D held it's ground pretty good in the first half. Points given up is what matters, and they only gave up 27 points the entire game. And Seattle had some short fields to score.

The O couldn't overcome a 2-point deficit for chrissake. They didn't score until the 3rd quarter when Seattle had a 31 point lead, that was after a pick six in the first half and Seattle's TD return on the 2nd half kickoff.
Cito Pelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 07:24 PM   #63
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer
 
BroncoMan4ever's Avatar
 
That's just like your opinion, man

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Denver
Posts: 13,371

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
**** the defense. It was solid. It was the offense that got b**** slapped senseless.
Dude, no unit played solidly in the Super Bowl. Nate Irving; surprisingly was the only guy who played at a good level and on the offense the only guy who showed up was DT.
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 07:35 PM   #64
BroncosfanGuy
Make dub not dubstep
 
BroncosfanGuy's Avatar
 
Big Fan

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 1,893

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
**** the defense. It was solid.
it wasn't though. it forced 1 punt, 0 turnovers, and allowed Seattle to control the clock. none of the 3 phases was solid in the Super Bowl.
BroncosfanGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 08:03 PM   #65
bowtown
Ring of Famer
 
bowtown's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 10,340

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Aaron Brewer
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cito Pelon View Post
That would require an offense that huddles. Peyton can't call a play like that from the LOS. We'll see how much no huddle gets used this year, I'd like to see a more structured huddle offense.
What? Of course he can. They have a set of plays that a personel package can run in appropriate scenarios. He can absolutely check into that if it's one of the options.
bowtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 08:06 PM   #66
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU
 
DBroncos4life's Avatar
 
Bacon bits

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The wrong side of right.
Posts: 28,794

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"
Default

Manning could take a dump and it will be able to do more the cito.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 08:11 PM   #67
Cito Pelon
Attack at all times . . .
 
Cito Pelon's Avatar
 
Not2Shabby County Seat

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: AFC Championshipville, NotTooShabby County
Posts: 16,397

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowtown View Post
What? Of course he can. They have a set of plays that a personel package can run in appropriate scenarios. He can absolutely check into that if it's one of the options.
I don't think I've ever seen Peyton run a reverse, or anything other than his base set of plays from the no huddle. I think that's a flaw in the no huddle offense. If a team has a good enough and smart enough defense they neutralize Peyton's no huddle. It's happened many, many times.
Cito Pelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 08:21 PM   #68
Cito Pelon
Attack at all times . . .
 
Cito Pelon's Avatar
 
Not2Shabby County Seat

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: AFC Championshipville, NotTooShabby County
Posts: 16,397

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncosfanGuy View Post
it wasn't though. it forced 1 punt, 0 turnovers, and allowed Seattle to control the clock. none of the 3 phases was solid in the Super Bowl.
Cmon, man. The lack of offense allowed Seattle to control the clock. It was easy for them. It's the points scored that counts. Denver's O scored zero points in the first half, Denver's D held Seattle to a manageable score but Denver's O couldn't score even a field goal in the first half, and gave up a safety, a pick-six, a Peyton lost fumble, and another INT.
Cito Pelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 08:26 PM   #69
BroncosfanGuy
Make dub not dubstep
 
BroncosfanGuy's Avatar
 
Big Fan

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 1,893

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cito Pelon View Post
Cmon, man. The lack of offense allowed Seattle to control the clock. It was easy for them. It's the points scored that counts. Denver's O scored zero points in the first half, Denver's D held Seattle to a manageable score but Denver's O couldn't score even a field goal in the first half, and gave up a safety, a pick-six, a Peyton lost fumble, and another INT.
Yes, the offense was awful. The defense was awful. The special teams was awful. You can argue degrees of awful (I won't), but they were all awful.
BroncosfanGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 09:09 PM   #70
orinjkrush
...
 
orinjkrush's Avatar
 
Hey, no hurling on the shell, dude,

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: FrontRangeAbove8500ft
Posts: 5,188

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ben Garland
Default

The SB was just a replay of the preseason shellacking. Great adjustment Fox!
orinjkrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:23 AM.


Denver Broncos